Davids Bridal

4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bought a dress on sale for about $700, but with all of the alterations (I had a lot, bought the dress 2 weeks after giving birth, and lost almost 45 pounds) it was over $1,000. Good option if you don't want to spend more than $1,000 for a dress you will use once! So many different styles, it was overwhelming, but the sales team will work with you to find something that you love. I tried on 5 dresses, and the dress I chose was the 4th one! Make sure you buy it at least 5 months in advance; for some reason, the only available appointment for alterations was 2 months out! They sold me the bra and slip, which were kind of expensive and I would never use again, so see if you have something that will work with your dress. Also, they give you a plastic cover for your dress, and charge $10 for a garment bag, so if you already have one, you can use yours. They have a lot of accessories and things; I bought a set for $80 that included the sign in book, the ring bearer's pillow, the garter and a flower girl basket.

• Wedding: 06/23/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I'm very pleased with my experience at David's Bridal in Costa Mesa. Firstly, the prices were fantastic compared to other bridal salons I went to, and the dresses were not lacking in quality and style. I told Mariah the style that I was looking for and she quickly pulled me dresses that fit what I wanted. I only tried on five dresses before I found one I loved. And I enjoyed ringing the bell when I said 'yes.'

I also had a great experience with David's Bridal Costa Mesa's alterations department. They were able to alter my dress quickly and were very understanding of the fact that I needed to take the dress overseas for my wedding. I had to go to alterations twice after the initial fitting to perfect the length of my bustle but it turned out beautifully and I was able to take it on the plane.

All of the alterations and sales staff were very helpful and friendly with the exception of Tina, one of the managers, who I found very pushy. I felt like she was pressuring me into purchasing things and that she wasn't listening to what I was saying to her.

Other than her, my experience with David's has been great :)

• Wedding: 06/02/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

i just got my dress and i love it, the girls there are awsome. very friendly and helpful.

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am obsessed with my dress and wish I could wear it every day! It arrived in time, and they were quick with the alterations also. I got my slip and veil there too. They were VERY helpful and patient as I tried on 7 dresses. And then hand picked the one I ended up buying because I wasn't loving any that I had originally chosen. :) A few of my bridesmaids got dresses there too, great price and super cute!!

• Wedding: 05/19/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was NOT expecting to find my dress here. I was so pleased and surprised when they had something I really wanted! The dress was awesome and I loved being in it. The customer service at David's Bridal is one of a kind. I had a wonderful bridal experience there.

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got my dress from David's Bridal. The service from the ladies was wonderful. Perfect choice from me.

• Wedding: 04/14/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I chose David's Bridal in Costa Mesa, California. I found an ivory vintage style knee length dress for our intimae outdoor/indoor wedding venue. I love the dress and received great comments from our wedding guests, friends, and family on the dress that I chose. I also bought a beautiful headband half-veil at this bridal store. It was a classy accent to my bridal dress. For my bridal party, I chose an elegant medium lavender color called Wisteria for the bridesmaid dresses. Each bridesmaid dress was a different style, but the same Wisteria color. I received several nice comments from wedding guests that everyone in the bridal party looked amazing and classy! Although I was very pleased with all the bridal party dresses and accessories, it was not easy to communicate with the staff, it was a bit of a challenge. The dress selection is very good however.
Diane

• Wedding: 04/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING SERVICE!! Didn't like my first dress I purchased 6 months before my wedding... and on the day I went in for my first fitting.... the attendant, whom was amazingly awesome, knew I didn't like the dress sooooo she told me that I HAVE TO FIND A NEW ONE! And just like that.... * I was in a new dress... they didn't skip a beat.... I was able to get fitted the next day and everything went just as planned!
I strongly recommend the people of DB Costa Mesa! :o)

• Wedding: 02/17/2013
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I went to this location for my wedding dress as well as looking for bridesmaid dresses. This location is large and the sales associate that initially helped me was very sweet. Getting my dress was a fun experience- I took a lot of family with me, in the middle of a week day and so the store was not busy. The shift manager even came over to help with some suggestions of things I wanted changed about the dress. It was a great price and the dress was beautiful. I did discover after I bought my dress however from my personal seamstress that the dress was not very well made- the inside seams were done quickly and sloppily. And we discovered a small tear! :/ I liked this store and location after this trip there- but the dress itself was not the best in quality- the great value does make up for that though!
Then when looking for bridesmaid dresses we got double booked with another group and so not very much attention was given to us. We spent a lot of time standing around wanting to ask about sizes or needing clips, and when the sales associate did come over she spent most of her time talking about how beautiful they all looked and how it was perfect for us- just trying to sell the dresses.... After this appointment they continued to bug me and call even after I had told them no thank you- we found dresses somewhere else.
This store is just a 3- right in the middle, not the greatest, but not horrible, just eh.

• Wedding: 12/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I LOVE my wedding dress!! I am so happy I went with David's Bridal! Tayler assisted me and my bridesmaids with our dresses and I highly recommend her! She is so sweet and helpful. She really helped me find my perfect dress. We got our bridesmaids dresses, too. Tayler worked super hard to find the right dress for us. The alterations department was great, too. I was surprised at how expensive the alterations were, though. I was happy that they were able to take in the top because I lost weight after buying it. I had one little problem. The seam under my right arm opened up a little on my wedding day, but no one could even tell. Great place! Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 10/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I bought my wedding dress, bridesmaids' dresses, and MOB dress here! My wedding dress was on clearance and the last one in store, so it was only about $200 for a gorgeous dress! A lot of people at the wedding commented on how beautiful the dress was and how well it fit me. David's bridal also made bridesmaid dress shopping very easy for us since my 5 bridesmaids were in 3 different states and 5 different cities! They are also a varying range of sizes. It made it easy for them to go into their own stores to try on the same dresses in their sizes.

If you buy your wedding dress there, you receive discounts on everything imaginable! Including, wedding dress preservation, bridesmaids dresses, MOB dresses, suits, and much more! Also, I loved the service at the Costa Mesa store. They were great to work with!

• Wedding: 10/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had the best experience at this location! They definitely made me feel special, and they cared about what i wanted!

my only suggestions is make sure you make an appointment this store is very busy.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
3.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

My consultant was very nice and was able to pick out my dream dress. I was a little disappointed on how many mailing/phone lists I got on by registering at David's Bridal.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These stars are really for Tina the manager and Jacklyn, Jackly was attentive and really knew how to bring out the dresses I had in mind. As for Tina, even when my dress had a hole, they scheduled my appointment for alterations on the wrong day, Tina was a great manager she made sure that my dress was ready on time for my wedding, she remembered me every time I went in to the store and she made me feel better about everything when I was worried about my dress and the alterations, Tina even stopped by when I was getting fitted and corrected the bustle for my dress, great service Tina!

• Wedding: 07/27/2012
4.2/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Pros: price, selection
Cons: very busy (must schedule on a non-busy day for good service)

I went to David's Bridal twice to try on dresses and the first time was so busy I had to share my associate with another client and I felt very rushed and like the associate was not listening to my desires in a dress. I had pretty much all but given up on David's Bridal but my Maid of Honor came into town to help find a dress and insisted I give David's Bridal another shot.

The second time around was a bit more intimate and I felt the associate was a bit more in tuned to what I wanted. I tried on a dress I saw on a manequin for fun as it was not a style I was looking for, but once I put it on I immediately fell in love!

I had a third appointment to try on the dress again to make sure it was the one I wanted and purchased the same day. The dress came in less than 4 weeks later.

I made an appointment 3 weeks prior to the wedding for alterations. The alterations appointment started a little late but took no more than 30 minutes and my dress was ready when promised; one week before the wedding. I tried on the altered dress at the final appointment and was so happy! The dress fit me like a glove and looked so beautiful!

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Thank you to everyone at David's Bridal for making this experience so special. You were very easy to work with and I didn't feel pressured to buy extra accessories.

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
714-445-0091
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.8