Darling Brides Showcase & Tuxedos

Flexibility:
 (4.5/5.0)

Sort By:

Tina BoBina 5 Reviews
Service, selection and flexibility are the norm here. So much fun to visit for fittings
Wedding: 04/26/2014

Private User 5 Reviews
Super friendly, super helpful. There is no push to buy, no push to try. I felt totally comfortable with them. They were so helpful in everything. They answered all my questions and made sure I was completely happy with everything. Although they don't have as much variety as the bigger stores (they do have very beautiful gowns), it's the service and kindness that kept me coming back. I felt very comfortable with them.
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Value:  3.5

Private User 2 Reviews
I went to Darling Brides because its the only bridal store in the Ann Arbor area with a good selection of Alfred Angelo. I did find my dress and veil there and the customer service was mostly good. Definitely felt that the staff was a bit pushy when it came to closing a sale and when I came in with my bridesmaids to look fortheir dresses I felt we were somewhat ignored. The store itself isn't much to look at, but they do have a nice selection of dresses and I felt we got a fairly good deal. Zorah, the seamstress, is pretty awesome!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
All I can say is I had a wonderful experience at Darling Brides. No surprises...Anyway, I and my party worked with Kim, the owner, and she kept me abreast of everything at every juncture regarding my wedding. I even did my tuxedos and the guys looked fantastic. Kim...job well done!
Wedding: 05/25/2013
4.6/5.0

Anonymous 6 Reviews
After looking at a few shops, I walked into Darling Brides, told them I wanted something with burgundy on it, and they pulled my dream dress off the rack in minutes. The dress was a discontinued model, so I ended up purchasing the one off the rack (fortunately, it fit!). It was strapless, and I wanted straps. The seamstress is amazing. She and I talked over some of the modifications that I wanted (straps, change in the bow on the sash, and a French bustle). She made all of the changes and even made a custom jacket for me. I will say that the alterations were pricey, but worth it. I also purchased the dress for my flower girl from Darling Brides. My flower girl lives in Ireland, and the staff at Darling Brides helped me pick out a perfect dress just from measurements her mom sent. I ordered the flower girl dress fairly close to the wedding, and they made sure it arrived in time. I was very happy with my whole experience.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Awesome service, great people. Totally wonderful place. You get what you pay for! And you get great service and great alterations!
Wedding: 12/21/2012
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found a dress online and went to Darlings to try it on. I walked throught the door and stated that I wanted a casual dress for a Fall 2nd wedding. Without asking my size, colors, style, the staff started bringing random dresses from the backroom. I thought it was hilarious! How could you find a dress for someone without the details?! but I did find a dress, in brown no less! I purchased the dress which they stated would take too many weeks to order if i didn't buy it there and now and it wouldn't come in for my wedding 10 weeks away. the next day, i discovered that the same dress was available on line, a bill levkoff, for 200.00 less than the in-store model. but i love the dress. i had the seamstress make a sash...more money. and by the time it was said and done, i'd spent $400.00 on a formal dress...not a wedding dress.

on a good note, after that 1st time, the sales people were great, accomodating, kind and personable. the seamstress was brilliant. she even added several inches to the dress when we discovered that it was too short to allow me to wear tall heels, I absolutely loved the finished product! my dress was lovely, pressed in plenty of time and the staff was remarkably kind! so, aside from that bizarre day, the experience was great and we were able to buy locally!
Wedding: 10/24/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Darling Brides was extremely helpful and friendly and I purchased both my wedding dress and girls dresses there - the staff was always willing to listen to any silly questions I had and even helped me out when one of my girls got pregnant and realized she would be 8 months pregnant at the wedding. The seamstress was amazing - a little pricey for alterations, but I suppose that's common anywhere!
Wedding: 06/26/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff is great! We loved them. They also have a great seamstress!! She did a great job on all of our dresses! They are very organized! We did run into some problems with Tux's but as Kim assured me, it all worked out great! Thanks!!!
Wedding: 01/09/2010
4.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
I love my dress still. Found it on accident, on sale, nearly 10 months from wedding day.
Salesperson (Kim) is fantastic. They have on-site alterations, and press the dress prior to picking it up.

From the outside of Darling Brides, it has colorful dresses, but once inside the show, it is full of beautiful wedding gowns. If nothing else, go there and try on the dresses. The salespeople make you feel special, and make trying on dresses an enjoyment.

My one complaint is that no one called to let me know my gown was pressed and ready for pick up.
If using any dress/gown vendor, I would suggest that all brides-to-be fib on when they need their gown, so they are not running around the day before their special day, waiting to pick up their special gown.

Work with KIM, she was fantastic!!!
Wedding: 08/22/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After going to all the others there was no comparison to Darling Brides. I purchased my bridal gown, bridesmaids and did tuxes. I was hesitant putting all my eggs in one shop but am glad I did. I might be accused of being a high maintenance bride/ bridezilla so Kim Darling the owner had her work cut out. The experience was top notch professionalism at every turn. All my girls were different shapes and sizes and the alterations woman did and excellent job of making the dresses look as if they were custom made for each girl also at a very fair price. The tuxedos came in 3 days before the wedding for my guys to try on and adjust. The other tux stores could only promise that the tuxes would be there 1 day before the wedding which caused concern. Also, we didn't have to have the tuxes returned until the following Monday which made it much easier for everyone. Any concerns I had along the way Kim was able to address quickly and to my satisfaction. I can't thank Darling Brides enough for a wonderful experience and a picture perfect wedding.
Wedding: 08/02/2008
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The staff at Darling Brides was fantastic from the first moment I walked in their store. They assisted me in finding a great dress off and were professional and helpful through the alterations and the pickup. I would recommend them to anyone in the Ann Arbor area.
Wedding: 07/05/2008
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
I got my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, and tuxedos through Darling Brides. My wedding dress was GORGEOUS, I knew it was the one right when I put it on, and the women there knew too. There was much oohing and aaahing, and always a hand to help if needed. The price added up with alterations, but it was perfect on my wedding day. The bridesmaid dresses didn't fit 7 out of 10 of my bridesmaids. I don't know if measurements were taken wrong or orders were mixed up, but on the wedding day they all had to switch around to make things work. The tuxedos came in a day before the wedding, wrong colors and fabric. This was extremely stressful as the right tux's didn't come in until the wedding day. But the women were very helpful with making sure they did come in the right color AND on time. I would definetly recommend getting your wedding gown there, but as far as bridesmaids/tuxedos I think I would go somewhere else. It may have been just a freak accident with mine, but do you really want to take that risk on your wedding day?
Wedding: 09/22/2007
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I love my dress, but the experience of shopping for it, having it fitted, and outfitting the rest of the wedding party was unpleasant. The salespeople were very pushy, and did not listen to any of my wants, including price, style, and material. Truthfully, I only purchased my dress there because I couldn't find it anywhere else, and I only got the tuxedos and bridesmaids dresses there because of the discount, and for simplicity. The seamstress was misleading about how much it would cost to alter the various dresses, and one of my bridesmaids ended up paying $200 to alter a $170 dress. She was slow to finish the alterations and we ended up having to pick up a couple of bridesmaids dresses and everyone's shoes the day of the wedding, even though we were promised everything would be done the day before at the latest. The prices were average to high for the area, and they screwed up my husband's tuxedo pants, which we also had to pick up the day of the wedding. The owner was pleasant enough, but no one ever went out of their way to make me feel welcome or even excited about shopping/being fitted for my wedding dress. I wouldn't go back.
Wedding: 08/17/2007
2.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
They had a great dress for a great price.
Their seamstress/alterer was terrific.

All of that was great, but when I got to my wedding they had not packed my shawl. Since I was having a somewhat religious ceremony I really wanted my shoulders to be covered during the ceremony and that was no longer a possibility. When I took the dress in for cleaning and to complain they said at first that I hadn't bought a shawl, then they said that I had lost it, then when they finally found it they said. "Oh, we found it." No "sorry" no "let us try to make this right."

so good up front, so disappointing in the end.
Wedding: 09/03/2006
 734-761-2211
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire