Danversport Yacht Club

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

So far the staff has been very helpful and accommodating.

Private User
Recently Married

The Danversport was exactly what we were looking for in a venue. Beautiful grounds set with the river as the back drop. The ballroom is gorgeous also. The food was excellent and all our guests commented on this. We also had open bar and you never had to wait for a drink. They took care of every last detail for you before and during the wedding. Our wedding went on without a hitch. It was the best day ever!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

TThis was one of the first venues we checked and after seeing 2 others, we decided to choose the DYC. We were a little worried because the room we chose was a little small for dancing (we had less than 90 people, so the lighthouse point room fit our needs). I also loved the idea of all the food and cake being taken care of through them and everything was all included in one price. So I didn't need to worry about catering or paying for an outside cake vendor. We originally met with Ron and he was great. Lauren and Heather always responded to my emails promptly (and I sent many!) Heather was amazing the day of our wedding. She did everything we needed her to and things we didn't think of, she even helped my daughter with my bustle. I had a lot of things go wrong the day of my wedding, but I'm happy to say the DYC has nothing to do with any of them. Everything was taken care of. We had 3 gluten free and 1 dairy free guest and they were accommodating to all of their meals and even gave out 3 gluten free cupcakes that we purchased for those guests. We gave them the guests names and table numbers and everyone who should have gotten one, did! I have no words for the food! No one complained about anything! The seafood trio literally melted in your mouth. The carrots could have been cooked more, but the main dish was AH-MAZING! We dropped all of our stuff off the afternoon before the wedding and had specific instructions on which centerpieces needed to go where and they were exactly where they should have been. I needed a framed picture of my dad in the front row, first seat and there it was. The only small negative I have, is that the lighthouse point room doesn't have an area for the bride/bridal party to get dressed. I won't call it a complaint, because they completely accommodated me. There wasn't another wedding going on while mine was, so I was able to get dressed in the picture room for the garden terrace bride. I would recommend the DYC to everyone for a wedding!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

I had my wedding at Danversport Yacht Club in May! I fell in love the minute I walked in a year prior to book it. It was the grand ballroom upstairs and the first thing that caught my eye were the chandeliers! They are stunning! The night of the wedding was even more beautiful. We had the entire back patio and the weather was perfect! People had the option to go outside or stay inside! We had 300 guests and not once did we feel like we were crowded!! There was room for everyone and the dance floor was massive even with the amount of tables there. We didn't realize everyone was dancing until we saw the pictures and videos because that's how big it was! The food was delicious and the desserts....OMG EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SWEET GALA TABLE. They had never seen so many desserts and delicious may I add! 4 tables of all different assortments! Couldn't of asked for a better place to enjoy my reception! The grounds were absolutely beautiful! The gazebo was a great place to take pictures right on the water! The staff was super accommodating and met every need of ours! There was actually a medical emergency at the beginning of the reception and because my husband and I were not around when it happened, people were complimenting the staff on how professionally and how calmly it was handled! Every detail was met and every expectation I had was met! I couldn't be happier with my choice of having my wedding there and my husband and I have and continue to go there for dinners! We love it there!!!! Great wedding venue!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Danversport Yacht Club was the perfect venue for us! Our wedding ceremony was at a church a town over, so the location was perfect. The coordinators and service staff are incredible! The food is excellent and the venue is accomodating for big and small weddings.

The pricing is completely based on a per person rate with no additional hidden fees. You know exactly what you're paying with that final head count.

My wife and I have nothing be good things to say about Danversport! Highly recommend the venue. It's almost worth it for the food tasting night alone!

- Chris

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Amanda
02/28/2015

I could not have asked for a more perfect venue to celebrate my wedding! This was the first venue that we looked at and immediately knew that we wanted to have our reception in the ballroom. Everything was perfect! Our guests could not stop talking about the food, as it was simply delicious. We opted to get the Gala Sweet table and it has been something that our guests cannot stop talking about since the wedding. Our coordinator for the night helped us from the very start and ensured that all details were just as we had spoken about and even added some special touches! Since our wedding was at night, the atmosphere of the ballroom was wonderful, as we had all the lights shining from the chandeliers and the lights leading up the stairs outside was just enough for some great photos. Danversport Yacht Club was a true gem and I am so pleased with everything… I cannot thank them enough!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Danversport Yacht Club was AMAZING! We arrived before cocktail hour to take pictures and they had a private room for us and our wedding party with TONS of appetizers and two waitresses to get everyone drinks! The appetizers and drinks kept coming. A manager followed us outside for pictures to get us what ever we needed. The photographers asked if we could go down to the docks for pictures and the manager quickly ran to go get the key with out hesitating to let us down there and we got the most beautiful pictures.

Our guests could not say enough about the food. The appetizers kept coming and the meals were very big! Everyone had more than enough to eat. The wait staff was friendly, accommodating and worked quickly and efficiently. They got people what ever the needed - drinks, more dressing, bread etc.

Mike and Ron were our room captains and they did a great job organizing and keeping everything on schedule while letting us know what was going on and making sure everyone of our guests were happy!

The venue was beautifully decorated and set up so there was plenty of room!

Everyone was happy and could not say enough of Danversport and their staff! We highly recommend them!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Danversport Yacht Club made our wedding dreams a complete reality. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable, the setting is beautiful, and the price cannot be beat! Every one of our guests had a fantastic time, the food was delicious, and the helped make our special day so perfect. THANK YOU Danversport!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Danversport gave us a great Thursday deal and allowed us to cut costs in a variety of ways. They took care of all the decorations and made it a wonderful time. They also recommended inexpensive flower and photography vendors for us and made us feel special and respected even though we were on a tight budget. Thank you so much Danversport Staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such a great place to have your wedding! They have the best food, great location, awesome views and the most amazing staff. Ron and Nancy helped us through the whole process of making our day so special! Everything went smoothly because of the their professional experience and the quality of service. Danversport will not let you down. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I planned my wedding from across the country and am a very detailed person. I called so many times with so many questions and they were always great about it. I don't drink very often and the only thing I like they didn't have in stock so they special ordered it for me. I had a HUGE list of details for the wedding and they executed everything amazingly!!!! I couldn't be happier with the service I received!! The brought everything I had in my head to life!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was absolutely PERFECT!!! I could not have been happier with the venue and with the service that was provided!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding here June 2014 and all I can say is that it was amazing and perfect! We received such amazing personal care and attention at Danversport Yacht Club that it seemed like we were their only clients. Michael was our coordinator and he went above and beyond which truly exceeding our expectations.

My husband and I are thoroughly impressed with the venue and the staff. After the wedding countless individuals told me that everyone working there was so polite and so organized. There was no aimless wandering, puzzled looks, or strange downtime. Cocktail hour was set up amazingly outside in the newly renovated Garden Terrace, and greeting the guest with a glass of champagne as they arrived was a beautiful touch. I have heard over and over again that the food was insanely good (which we already knew) but it only adds to our overall satisfaction and experience.

Whenever I talk about how smoothly everything went, the discussion always ends with us confirming how lucky we were to have our event there, and that we made the perfect decision when it came to choosing our wedding venue. We will be recommending Danversport Yacht Club whenever possible.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

From the moment we first visited Danversport, we knew it was the place for us to hold our daughter's wedding. The setting and the facilities are beautiful! But what makes Danversport special is the people who work there: they made us feel "taken care of" and as though planning a wedding was easy! Everyone was so nice and so organized. Their wedding packages include everything, with many choices, for very reasonable prices - we felt like we got excellent value in every way. The food, from hors d'oeuvres through dessert and wedding cake, was plentiful and absolutely delicious - our guests were raving about it!

Our Event Coordinator, Nancy, went "the extra mile" to make everything run so smoothly at the wedding. She was such a lovely person and was a real pleasure to work with. She made us feel like royalty!

We will highly recommend Danversport Yacht Club to everyone we know, and we look forward to having future events at Danversport!

Caitlin
06/14/2014

I could not have imagined having our wedding anywhere else! All of the staff was so helpful. Ron is the absolute best!!! Very professional and ensures that everything for your special day goes off without any problems, almost as if it was his own wedding day.

The food was amazing and delicious!! The wait staff were all very personable and accommodating.

We also ordered our wedding invitations through them and they were simple and beautiful! They have quite the selection to choose from.

We had our ceremony at the gazebo and reception in the main ballroom. Our guest's told us that it was "the best wedding that they have ever been to".

I am so happy we chose to have our wedding at Danversport, I would highly recommend having your special day there.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you are looking for a venue for your wedding, you really don't have to look any further than Danversport Yacht Club. This was the only venue my husband and I looked at and from the moment we walked in, we knew this was where our wedding was going to be. Their entire team is very knowledgeable and quick to respond to questions. I myself am an event planner and wanted a venue that I did not have to be a planner on my wedding day, and Danversport far exceeded my expectations and had me completely at ease the entire process. Both our ceremony and reception were held at DYC - it looked like it may rain and Ron and his team had both outdoors and indoors set-up and did not make me feel rushed to make a decision. We wound up sticking with our plan to hold it outside, the rain held off and they even put heaters outside for guests since it was a bit chilly. The ballroom was breathtaking and every detail was covered. Our cake was missing the flower topper it was supposed to have and Ron fashioned together a topper using roses from some of our arrangements and it looked beautiful. The food and service was AMAZING - I am still hearing from guests how incredible the cocktail hour was (the food literally just kept on coming with no end) and how delicious the meal was. Ron and Derrick tended to our every need that night and were so accommodating. DYC really went above and beyond to make our wedding beautiful and special and I cannot thank them enough.