D & J DJ Service

D & J DJ Service

A DJ Can Make Or Break your Event !

201 Silver Birch Lane
Bear, DE 19701 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Acoustic, Big Band, Classic...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I originally chose a "Top Rated" DJ from Wedding Wire who ended up being a total jerk. We ripped up our contract just moments before I was ready to rip my hair out. Then I found Don from D&J! I emailed him and within minutes, my phone was ringing. His energy was off the charts, exactly what I knew we needed! We met for a trial run for our reception and I couldn't be more excited with picking D&J! I can't wait to enjoy the music on my wedding day!

• Wedding: 05/30/2015
Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Prior to my big day I was so worried about everyone being entertained, picking the perfect music, whether everyone would dance etc etc...on my big day however, I barely even had to think about those things!! Don from D&J DJ services did such a good job at our reception. He took my song suggestions and figured out exactly the perfect mix of music for our day. Not only that but he worked the party guests so well that I had a packed dance floor up until the very last song of the night! I couldn't have asked for more from Don. He took all the worry right off of my shoulders and I had a blast!! I've gotten so much feedback from our guests about how much fun they had and how the night flowed so well. Don really knows what he's doing and I am so grateful to him for helping make my reception perfect (music and lighting)! Worth every single penny...you cannot go wrong with D&J!! Thanks Don!!!!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
Carly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used D&J DJ Services for our wedding on October 25th, 2014. Prior to our wedding, we met with Don to get a run down on how they do weddings. He was extremely nice and explained everything to us so well. Our DJ at the wedding was Greg and he was absolutely amazing. He is a very experienced DJ and knows exactly what he is doing. The music he played went perfectly with our suggested song list that we gave to him prior to our big day! He kept the party going and the dance floor was packed the entire night. D&J DJ services also provided our uplighting. Greg was able to sync the lights to go with the beat of the music to change different colors which was really over the top! Our guests are still continuously telling us how good of a DJ he was and the outstanding job he did. I would definitely recommend using D&J DJ Services to anyone with an upcoming wedding and if Greg is available I would without a doubt request him to DJ your wedding!

• Wedding: 10/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We received so many compliments on our music for our wedding. Every age group enjoyed it! Thank you Don we had a blast!!

• Wedding: 09/27/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don was the DJ at our wedding and I cannot tell you enough how many compliments we received about him ranging from my husband's grandparents to my hispanic side of the family. We met with him prior to event to go over a music selection and his mixes were right on the spot. We opted for getting the LED lights, purple, which made the reception stand out even more. I definitely recommend getting them even if you have to spend a little more money. Don is very funny so he made people laugh! Furthermore, everyone was dancing from the moment the dancing stage began and it did not stop despite the fact that it was a multicultural wedding and I was a little concerned that the hispanic side of my family would not dance! However, that wasn't the case! Everyone was dancing any tune that he played and the mixes between the different genres was impeccable! A DJ can make or break a wedding, so go with him because you will not regret it!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Max and I found all of the reviews very helpful with choosing D&J DJ services for our wedding. Greg was our DJ that evening and he was amazing!! He also had a remote setup for the ceremony and cocktail hour that was held in the gardens (we had the entire wedding at Goodstay Estate on Pennsylvania Ave). Greg had a great flow for the evening and kept everyone on the dance floor. We actually had to ask him at one point to play a slow song because we were all getting exhausted! He played anything we requested and all the guests were happy. We also utilized the uplighting in the reception area and they did an excellent job pairing it with songs and making it feel like a huge party room. Thanks so much for making our wedding a memorable evening!! :)

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Steve was the DJ for my wedding and he's awesome! He listened to all of my concerns and wants for the night and he couldn't have done a better job. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night. I wanted a fun wedding without all the slow dances and bouquet tosses that tend to slow things down and Steve made sure everything went at the pace I wanted. He even let my cousin take the mic and MC for most of the night. The music Steve played and they way he was able to keep my requests in line with what would keep everyone dancing made the reception as fun and memorable as it was. I am so impressed with how the night went and it's in great part due to how Steve ran the night.

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don from D & J DJ Service is a class act! His music selections and mixes were awesome and he really gets the guests on their feet. The up lighting was stunning and everyone had a blast at our wedding!

• Wedding: 04/06/2014
Tricia
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don provided excellent service for my daughter's wedding. He played awesome music, made great suggestions, the dance floor was packed and the uplighting was the perfect shade of blue! Great tips for the bridal party entrance and he did a WONDERFUL job putting together the music for the surprise bridal party dance. Would recommend his services 150%! You will not be disappointed!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
Yvonne
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don was absolutely awesome, from the music to the up-lighting! Our bridal party did a surprise dance, Don and Greg did an AMAZING job putting the mix together. D&J DJ Services love what they do and will bend over backwards to cater to your every need. My wedding day would not have been complete without them. If you want a DJ that makes sure every detail is perfect, listens to all your ideas and even suggests ideas to make your event even better, then D&J is the right choice for any kind of party you have!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
Kyle and Courtney
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When I first spoke with Don I was a little skeptical of D & J's method of matching couples to a DJ... don't all DJs do the same thing? Play music, introduce the bridal party, make a few jokes? Don recommended Steve not only because he had played at the University & Whist Club previously and was familiar with the space but because our styles would click: upbeat music catered to our liking and minimal "DJ talk" throughout the night. Steve was fantastic! We had only spoken a few times prior to the day of the wedding and we only got to "meet" him 5 minutes before being introduced but he instantly put us at ease when we were trying to quickly go over our choreographed dance. I have to give Don and Steve major kudos for the uplighting too... we decided a few weeks before the wedding to request uplighting (which of course wasn't readily available) and Steve made sure us and future couples would be able to have amazing uplighting when they book him. Don told me the first night we met him, "we have great wedding reviews for a reason".... I couldn't agree with that statement more.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We selected Don, of D&J DJ Service for our wedding this past October. Like most vendors he came highly recommended...and he did not disappoint.
The work he puts in leading up to the big day really pays off...and adds to the fun of the wedding planning.
Don was extremely responsive, and always willing to adjust on the fly to any requests. As far as the actual wedding...words cannot do justice to the job he did on site.
He not only acted as the Dj but worked with the wedding coordinator to keep our wedding party in gear. Once the reception started we could immediately see why Don is viewed as the best around. Once the diners were done, the dancing started...and it didn't end until they turned the lights out on us.
We highly recommend Don for anyone looking to have the best DJ around get the party going...and keep it going throughout their wedding!

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dj Mac! You were the MAN!! We have nothing but rave reviews. You are professional, fun, and you simply just know what you're doing! We have and had 0 complaints. You're service was amazing. You mastered the production & lighting. As my brother the bestman said "Yo who was the white boy? He killed it!! He wasn't good..he was great!" You were more than advertised, and in the future we can't wait to do business with you again..thank you millions -

• Wedding: 09/22/2013
Willie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don was wonderful to work with! During the planning process...he offered insightful opinions based on his years of experience. I felt completely comfortable with letting him have control over the type of music he was panning to play after listening to his suggestions. He kept the dance floor PACKED (and I mean packed) all night long. Our guests had such s great time! Music and food were the two things most important to us....and I can say with 100% confidence that we hit each of them out of the ballpark!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don did an amazing job at my daughter's wedding. He had everyone dancing all night. The dance floor was packed due to his fantastic song selections. The party rocked! I highly recommend Don - he was great!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Don did a great job at our wedding! Our dance floor was packed all night long and he never played a bad song. We received a ton of compliments on our DJ. Also, his uplighting package was unbelievable! It really set the mood and looked great. He is highly recommended!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
302-832-1176
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment