Cutting Edge Entertainment

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We had our wedding this past Saturday, July 25th, and it was absolutely everything we could have hoped for. Richie Abrams was our DJ and I can't even begin to explain how awesome he was! He was very accommodating to requests made and he made sure everyone had fun. Everyone was out there on the dance floor! We even had a 99th birthday for my great grandmother and he made the announcement and had everyone sing her happy birthday! It was wonderful! Everything was fantastic. If you're in need of a DJ for your wedding definitely use Cutting Edge, you will not be disappointed. Very reasonably priced for an awesome experience!

Services Used: DJ

I highly recommend DJ Tony from Cutting Edge Entertainment to DJ any special occasion! Tony made the entire wedding planning process so much easier for me. In the last month before my wedding I would send Tony random emails at all hours of the day asking him his opinion about specific songs and he always responded back to me within a couple hours.
On the day of our wedding Tony showed up to the venue extra early to set up. The wedding coordinator/photography team I was working with can be a little aggressive with other vendors but Tony was able to establish a great relationship with them at the start of the day. As far as his work as a master of ceremony, Tony made sure that everything went smoothly and timely according to the itinerary our wedding coordinator/photographer had created that was checked not only with us but also the manager at the venue. I emailed Tony a long playlist of songs I wanted played at the wedding and he did an amazing job at playing the songs at exactly the right time to get everyone dancing. Not only was Tony an amazing DJ/MC but he also spent a considerable amount of time throughout the night checking in with me-making sure I had eaten something, letting me know we were going to do the cake cutting in 10 minutes, etc. I had told Tony at our meeting that my fiancé was super nervous about the first dance and didn’t even want to have a first dance song. Tony remembered this and had talked to our photographer before the wedding and was able to keep us out on the dance floor long just long enough for our photographer to get all of the shots he needed, which my now husband very much appreciates!
Our wedding was perfect and we have Tony to thank for that. He really went above and beyond what I had envisioned my dream wedding DJ to be. Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and already 4 guests from our wedding have reached out to me to ask for Tony’s contact information.

Services Used: DJ

I could not recommend Richie and Cutting Edge enough! My friends and family are still talking about how great the music was at the wedding. I felt completely confident in the timeline Richie and our coordinator put together, and Richie was able to get all the guests where they needed to be quickly for first dances, speeches, and cake cutting. I couldn’t have done it without him. The music was absolutely perfect! We had specific songs that started/stopped at specific times for the ceremony, and Richie was flawless! During the reception he had everyone on the dance floor, and wouldn’t let them leave! Seriously, we could not get off that floor because each transition was smooth and perfectly went into the next amazing song. Stop looking and book Cutting Edge for your wedding, and ask for Richie. You will not find better!

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I just had our wedding at The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park ("TMH") on 5/24/15, and Richie was our DJ. It was a true fairy tale wedding! Richie and his assistant DJ were absolutely incredible and accommodating. From planning to execution everything was simply perfect. He knew just what songs to recommend!

Family and friends continue to rave about how great Richie and the music were! We highly recommend Richie! Never once did we have to worry about everything running smoothly. Richie has worked with Terri Fair/TMH on many occasions as the preferred DJ, and you could certainly tell! He and Terri knew just how to work together perfectly and make the day flow seamlessly.

We look forward to attending a wedding with Richie as the DJ!

-The Lawtons

Services Used: DJ

We went with the company per a family suggestion and thank goodness we did!! It was great. Richie was awesome as DJ/MC!! He knows his stuff and our night was amazing. The mix of music throughout the evening was amazing. My ceremony also went off without a hitch

Services Used: DJ

If you want your wedding reception to be the best party ever, look no further than Cutting Edge Entertainment and DJ Richie Abrams. I used to work for CEE and had high expectations for Richie as my wedding DJ/MC - but he absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. At one point I stepped back and looked around the room and saw only about 10 people who were not dancing - I had over 200 guests! Richie ran through all of the formalities seamlessly and then packed the dance floor for the rest of the night - I could not have asked for anything more. Also, my husband and I are very into music and had asked him to play specific songs for specific moments - we also gave him a playlist for during dinner - and he managed to incorporate everything we wanted, which really gave it the personal touch we were looking for. He also was excellent in keeping in touch with me throughout the night to make sure everything was going smoothly and that we were happy. In fact, Richie's communication throughout the planning went above and beyond - he was always responsive and helpful. I cannot say enough about CEE and Richie and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! We could never thank them enough for making our wedding reception everything we dreamed of and more.

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I used Cutting Edge for our May 2015 wedding and they did such an amazing job! We worked with Richie and we couldn’t have been happier with all the help he provided before the wedding as well as playing everything we wanted at the wedding! We met with Richie a week or so before the wedding and he went over the entire wedding day timeline with us which made us feel so much more comfortable. I even gave him my crazy song playlist that I wanted played at the wedding and he did an amazing job at playing the songs at exactly the right time to get everyone dancing. Our wedding was a blast and our guests had such a good time dancing all night because of Richie! I really couldn’t have asked for a better DJ and wouldn’t hesitate to use him for another event or recommend to a friend or family member for their wedding! If you’re thinking of using them do it!! You won’t be disappointed!

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I booked Cutting Edge for our wedding in December 2014, and we could not have been happier with our experience! We worked with Steve F., and he did an incredible job providing the music for our big day- the dance floor was packed the entire night, and guests are still raving about how much fun they had. My husband and I had a very specific vision for the music for our wedding, and we wanted to be very hands-on in the overall music choices. Steve was great in guiding us through this process, while making sure we addressed all of the important details of the evening (overall timeline, first dances, special requests, etc.). We had lots of ideas, and he was great at providing us with suggestions and advice, while still being very attentive and respectful of our wishes. He made sure that the music was about us, and that we had a big say in the overall vibe of our reception. He executed our choices perfectly, while also bringing his own expertise to add the perfect blend of "oldies" and contemporary choices. He read the crowd so well, and kept everyone up and dancing from start to finish. He was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire evening, and I do not have a single complaint about his performance. I did not have to worry about anything, and he helped to ensure that the music during our wedding was top-notch and exactly what we were hoping for. He was so willing to help in any way possible, and it was truly a pleasure working with him. I would recommend him to any couples- you will not be disappointed! Overall, we would book Cutting Edge and Steve again without hesitation. Thanks for a wonderful time and fabulous music!

Services Used: DJ

Words cannot express how wonderful Richie was to work with. He made the whole experience extremely easy for us. From the very first meeting we knew we had chosen the best company and dj to work with. My guests are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. I missed a couple aspects of the night because I was dancing so much. Richie is absolutely amazing!!! You will not regret hiring him!

Services Used: DJ

We knew we wanted to work with Richie after one meeting with him. The first thing that comes across is you know he cares about his work and will do everything he can to make your wedding as special as possible. We didn't get that same impression meeting with a couple other "DJ Factories" if you will. Richie walked us through a timeline and how the reception would flow. But at the same time was very open to our ideas and wanted to make sure he incorporated them to make sure the day was specific to us.

The reception went as flawlessly as we could of hoped with Richie at the helm. We got great feedback from our guests on how personable he was and of course how great the music was which kept people dancing all night. We would absoutely recommend Richie for your wedding or any special event as your DJ.

Services Used: DJ

The minute we spoke to Richie on the phone, we knew he was our guy.

He was personable, charming and had tons of charisma. We're a musical couple (I'm a country singer and my new husband is a grammy nominated record producer) and we wanted to have a DJ that could really play some key songs, do great introductions and create an atmosphere that was exciting, but not cheesy. Richie was so incredible with walking us through the layout for the wedding by SKYPE chat. Our wedding had many live performances (singer/songwriter type stuff) and he kept everyone on their feet, dancing & having an amazing time the minute one of those stopped.

Richie kept the flow going and the night was flawless. We're so thankful we found him and we will definitely hire him again if we ever have another event that needs a DJ. Cutting Edge is a fantastic company and they were extremely professional and made the whole process easy breezy.

Services Used: DJ

I do not normally write reviews for anything, but my husband and I were so impressed by the DJ services we received from Steve at Cutting Edge Entertainment. Let me put it this way, we had zero stress when it came to our wedding entertainment. We literally met with Cutting Edge only one month before our wedding. After our first meeting with Steve and Richie our decision was made. They made us feel so comfortable and like we didn't have to do anything from that moment forward except answer a few questions. I texted Steve one day before our wedding to mention a few songs/bands I would like to hear and his exact response was that he was excited for the add-ons!!! At one point in the night I went up to thank him and request a song and he had his phone open to that text. I was so impressed by his diligence to make sure Matt and I got everything we wanted. Our wedding turned out perfect! And Steve our DJ was by far one of the best aspects of our wedding. I CAN NOT wait to hire him for the next big party we have.

Profile Picture
Julie
09/06/2014

All I can say is wow! DJ Richie did such an amazing job at my wedding. To this day guests of the wedding are still telling me how great my DJ was which is so nice to hear. At our final meeting Richie wrote down our requests and exactly the songs we wanted for the ceremony and reception dances and we planned the whole event out. The entire day went so smoothly, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Thank you so much!

Julie S.

Profile Picture
Tammy
08/29/2014

We hired Richie as our DJ for our wedding because he DJ'ed our friends wedding a few years ago and as guests, we had a blast! Richie was great during the whole planning process and had awesome suggestions to help make the night go smoothly! As out of town wedding planners, we met over Skype and he was super flexible and helped answer all of our questions! We wanted to end the night with a packed dance floor and Richie made it happen! Thank you!!

Services Used: DJ

We knew that a quality DJ was critical for a wedding and we decided to ask friends for help. A friend of mine from work hired Richie with Cutting Edge for her wedding. She had nothing but positives things to say. Fellow employees who attended her wedding also gave rave reviews. We met up with Richie and after our first meeting we knew we were in good hands. Richie was very professional at our wedding and our guests are still talking about the music. He kept everyone dancing and played a wide variety of music for all our guests. We can't thank Richie enough for perfecting the music for our wedding!

Services Used: DJ

Richie Abrams worked our wedding on August 16, and he was absolutely terrific. I still have guests, months later, telling me that I threw a "hell of a party," and that it was "a great time." I have to credit most of this to the awesome job that Richie did with the entertainment - my husband, our families, and our guests did not leave the dance floor all night. Richie was responsive to our "must play" list - our families are Irish, and we sent him more "obscure" songs that we hoped we could play during dinner and the cocktail hour. He delivered! My family was so happy to hear some of our favorite traditional tunes, and at least one of the them made a point to come up to me during dinner and say that it was really nice that we had played some of our heritage music. He worked with us even during the reception when we had some hiccups (unrelated to the entertainment) and we made some changes on the fly - no one ever would have known it from how smoothly he handled it. Richie is just an all-around fantastic, professional DJ to work with. I am going to recommend him and Cutting Edge to anyone I know who needs a DJ for their event in the future!