Crooked Creek Ranch on Lake Leelanau

Crooked Creek Ranch on Lake Leelanau

Lake Leelanau
Traverse City, MI 49684
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

1.7
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I'll start off by saying that the VENUE itself was worth all the money we paid...BUT our main and SOLE issue was Pam Leonard, who was our point of contact for the wedding. Let me list our experiences with her:

1. We were promised on three separate occasions that their horse would be added in for free if we wanted to use it for pictures. She told this to me, my bride, and my bride's parents. When we finally got our invoice, it would be a $200 charge.
2. We are required to use their caterers which isn't a problem because the food ended up being great the day of, however, at our first taste testing, the chef was sick so she offered us another tasting free of charge because she was "embarrassed at how the food came out and wasn't good" (her exact words). We contacted her to book it later, and she had no idea why we were going to get another. We had to reminded her why and finally got another one booked via email. We drove from Washington DC where we lived months later to her restaurant and when we were 30 minutes away we got a call from her asking why we were coming. She completely forgot we were coming, forgot why she offered it to us, and said "sorry, but we don't have room for you to come today" and didn't even apologize. We wasted 10 hours on the road. I saved the emails and VM as proof.
3. She took FOREVER to respond to us and our wedding planner regarding everything until the 4 days or so before the wedding. Literally took weeks to get back to us even though we were on a timeline. Perfect example is she sent us our 90 DAY REMINDER LESS THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING. I have the emails as proof.
4. She gave us our venue & catering INVOICE THREE DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING and only gave us two options to pay (certified check or money order), and it was DUE SAME DAY. We were out of state from DC in MI w/no access to our bank, so we had to wire her the entire amount within 12 hours. I have the emails still as proof.

If you're ok with the madness, book the venue!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue
231-941-7060
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
1.7