Create A Cake (Pohlman's)

Create A Cake (Pohlman's)

Creating custom wedding & groom cakes in Columbia & Mid Missouri over 40 yrs

• Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

DO NOT USE!

This vendor is unorganized and was a bother to work with.
I wanted a groom's cake for my wedding. I wanted to support local vendors in Missouri and not a big bakery or grocery store. I should have because my overall experience with Janette was totally unprofessional.

First, I planned this wedding on lunch breaks and weekends like most brides. Janette has no sense of time and gossips about all her clients, neighbors and how wonderful her business is. This probably should have been a red flag for me, but I thought I was going to get superior service since I was indulging her. WRONG.

The day of the ceremony, they got lost, called me an hour after the set delivery time, demanded to talk to me even when my brides maid explained I was getting ready for my wedding, then DROVE THROUGH THE CEREMONY and even when they were asked to wait DROVE BACK THROUGH THE CEREMONY and refused to refund me any $$ when I asked for that as minimum, forget an apology. When I asked why they didn't wait since at that point they were 2 hours late. She said she 'didn't know how long the ceremony would last'. I think most people would have the respect for a service to wait. It is a wedding for Pete's sake.

Also the cake was so totally mediocre. Don't waste your time. You can see by the response from the other review that they are surly and full of excuses. I'm just happy they only made the groom's cake, so we did not really care about it.

There is so many things that happened and not enough room to write everything on this site. Please refer to my review on Yelp that explains everything about my experience. I have never written a review in my life, but I feel very compelled to let any other brides know this is not a great vendor to save you the time and heart ache. I am writing this the Tuesday after the wedding. What a waste of my time.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 5.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Janette Pohlman did a wonderful job on our wedding cake. I took in a picture from theknot.com that I liked and she replicated it beautifully. Not only did the cake look gorgeous, it tasted great! We received many compliments from our wedding guests!

• Wedding: 10/01/2011
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 2.5
  • Value: 2.5
  • Flexibility: 2.5

I was very disappointed in my cake. I provided an exact sketch for her to follow, and it only somewhat matched it. The cake also looked like it was leaning over. The lines of the design were very sloppy. The lines of the quilting pattern were not straight. We had discussed placing sugar diamonds at the cross points of the quilting, and these were hardly visible. However, the cake did taste good and stayed moist. Overall, I feel that I was misled in her capabilities to produce what I had wanted. From the pictures and samples she had I had felt that she would be able to do this design.

Create A Cake (Pohlman's) responded with the following comments:

The cake was not leaning, It was sitting on very moist soil. the country club tried to level the table with cloth napkins. If it was leaning It happened after I left . I have pictures to prove it. The day was very and humid and outside. Sugar diamonds do become cloudy in these conditions. I don't know where this picture came from but the one pictured is done with a stencil. Her cake was done free hand.

• Wedding: 06/11/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 5.0
  • Responsiveness: 5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Janette did a great job with our cake -- it turned out exactly how we wanted it, and it was really tasty! She makes the only fondant I have ever tried that I liked, and her flavor selection is great! She was on time and affordable. The only inconvenience for us was the drive out to Wooldridge, but it was well worth it!

• Wedding: 07/17/2010
660-839-2231
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
3.4