CR Socials Event Planning, LLC

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
Carisa was WONDERFUL to work with! She was always responsive and prompt. She ensured that the rehearsal was all planned out, as to confirm that the wedding day mass went smoothly.

We had an outdoor venue and we required assistance with the set up on the day of. Carisa and her assistant couldn't have done it better - it looked more beautiful than I could even imagine it.

Carisa was cool, calm, and collected the entire reception. When things came up, she quietly came to my husband and I to notify us. She was never in the way, yet was always there when needed.

Carisa helped pack every last detail up so that all decorations, leftovers, and gifts were packaged nicely for the car ride home.

I highly recommend Carisa as a coordinator - I cannot stop thinking about what a wonderful experience the entire day was. Everyone leading up to the wedding asked why/how I remained so calm.. and I have to say, it was 100% because of Carisa's professionalism and helpfulness. ♥ I give her an A+!!
Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired Carisa for a full wedding package - I was working and in school at night and needed help mostly with staying on track and making sure I got everything done on a proper timeline. She did just that! She made sure that I knew how long in advance certain things needed to be handled, helped me compare caterers' proposals, and kept me from getting too overwhelmed with everything else that we had going on. The day of, Carisa couldn't be with us, but she did not abandon... she left us with two of her associates, one that had tons of experience with weddings and they both were a Godsend, helping me deal with a transportation issue, making sure we were fed (since we didn't do much more than glance at our dinners) and keeping things running smoothly. Kyle and I were so grateful that they helped us breakdown (with the aid of the caterers) all of our decorations since our florist was too far away and could not return for the breakdown. I'm a bit of an Type A, and needed control over decisions and my "vision" for what I wanted, but having Carisa there made sure that I had an unbiased opinion to seek out, someone to bounce ideas off of, and to overall keep me from getting overwhelmed. Definitely recommend her!!!!
Wedding: 09/01/2013
1.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Private User 5 Reviews
I wish I had read the negative reviews on Weddingwire before hiring Carisa. While she also has a lot of positive reviews, it appears that I got the 0-2 star version of her because I could completely relate to the reviews of Carisa being confused, needing to be micromanaged, and not being professional. While she could perhaps be a decent coordinator in a venue that has an on-site coordinator and in which she is just an extra set of hands, I would not recommend her if she has to do the majority of the work. I think it's unfair to tear her apart online so I won't be listing my long list of grievances here, but I have gone over in detail the ways in which she needs improvement and hope that she takes them to heart. Without improvement, I could not knowingly recommend her to another bride. It was my biggest regret for the wedding and a huge waste of money for someone who added so much unnecessary stress to what should have been an otherwise wonderful day.
CR Socials Event Planning, LLC responded with the following comments:
I was genuinely excited for this wedding, as I am with all of my clients. There is no "1 star" or "5 star" version of me. Anyone who knows me knows that I give 110% to all of my clients, including this one. How quickly things like offering to order and pick up new linens on the day of the wedding because something fell through with the caterer's linen company are soon forgotten.

I only wanted to respond to this review because I feel that to ignore it would be worse. My company is ME so I take things like this very personally and hate to think that anyone feels I don't give my all to my clients because that is not the case.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carisa was our wedding coordinator at Laurel View Country Club and we loved working with her! I have to say my favorite thing about working with her was how quickly she responded to emails and phone calls. I had many little questions that were not always very significant, but she still always got back to me within hours or less. She has a laid back attitude which worked great for us. She was also very helpful in making small decisions, and really made our day go exactly how we wanted it to. She did a great job of coordinating with our dj and officiant which also helped the day go very smoothly. It was very clear that she has a lot of experience with weddings. She seemed genuinely excited for us as well, which of course was great!

Thank you Carisa!!! We absolutely loved our wedding day and planning process with you!
Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carisa was absolutely wonderful! If you're looking for some real peace of mind and want to enjoy your wedding day, please consider giving Carisa a call!

I had a very "DIY" wedding, but honestly, there is only so much you can do yourself, especially the day of your wedding. I had no idea what was thinking when I thought I could pull off my wedding day without any help of guidance. Although I was intent on saving money where I could, Carisa's services are so worth it and of great value! Highly recommended from this bride :)

Maxine, her assistant was also wonderful and a huge help. Both ladies truly took over and allowed me to be a "guest" at my own wedding. I had an amazing and unforgettable night :)

Thank you again, Carisa and Maxine for a job well done!
Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If I could give Carissa a 10/10 I would. She was amazing to work with, and I couldn't be happier with her services.

Before the wedding it was very clear that Carissa was a professional, and really knew how to do her job. It started with a very detailed pre-wedding meeting where she took down all the details of my wedding from start to finish. She even took all of our vendor information and contracts and contacted each of them them individually before the wedding to verify everything with them.

Also, Carissa came to our rehearsal dinner to help us practice the ceremony, and to collect all of our wedding details for set-up the next day. (mason jars, signs, bottles, table cards, etc).

Then came our wedding day... and it POURED. We made the last-minute decision to move everything inside, including the bar and cocktail hour. Carissa made that process seem incredibly easy. When we showed up to do our first-look at our venue, the entire place was set up beautifully. Carissa and her assistant were in total control, and made our wedding look amazing.

I would recommend her for your wedding 100% She is worth every penny (and way more in my opinion). There is nothing like showing up to your wedding, eating, dancing, partying, and then leaving without ever having to worry about anything. That's the service that Carissa ultimately provides, and it's really wonderful for the bride and groom.
Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carisa was more than helpful throughout the entire planning process. She helped to explain everything and was very informative.
If you have ever planned a wedding it is VERY stressful and Carisa was very quick to respond to the MANY emails/questions I had.
My wedding day went perfectly all thanks to her!
I would DEFINITELY recommend CRSocials to anyone who is looking for a reliable, kind and honest company to help out with all your planning needs.

Thank you again!!!

Love,
John & Nicole <3
Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had the extreme pleasure of attaining CR Socials as a wedding planner. Carisa was always available. She was open to suggestion. Her ideas were fresh and welcomed. For any future events, I will have only one name at the top of my list and that will be CR Socials.
Wedding: 03/16/2013
Services Used: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Wedding Planning, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other)
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I couldn't be more disappointed. I don't even know where to begin. My maid of honour ended up having to clean up an accident found in the bathroom because When she asked Carisa to ask the venue to get someone to clean it up she said " what do you want me to do about it" and walked out and disappeared. I would never expect Carisa to clean it up her self but I do expect that she find someone from the venue to clean it up, which obviously to her is unacceptable. If I had known such a simple thing was unacceptable I would of hired someone more up to task.
Not a single person signed my guest book, it was really the only big task she neede to make sure happend.
And lastly and the most upsetting, she told all of my vendors the wedding would end at 9. When it was suppose to end at 1030.
Every single vendor came to me after telling me how she was a nightmare to them as well. She spent majority of the night eating.
I have not a single good thing to say about her. She did next to nothing. I did all the set up, she didn't even see the venue the day before the wedding. She said she had to go get her child. I wasn't going to be a horrible person and say no, but she was only with us for an hour. Thankfully I put all the decorations and everything together myself, because if I didn't surely nothing would of been done. She is an absolute ripoff!!
CR Socials Event Planning, LLC responded with the following comments:
I was very upset to read this review, mainly because it is untrue. I was hired as a day of coordinator, and I coordinated the best I could with the limited information I received from the bride. I had asked her repeatedly for vendor information and until the day of the wedding I had not spoken to the DJ since I did not have any of his information. Every single vendor was told a different end time to the reception. Since they were mostly told 9pm and the bride told me 10/10:30pm, I made the game day decision to end at 10pm, which I thought was extremely reasonable. As far as the bathroom comment, I would never say "what do you want me to do about it". I actually offered to go get Lysol wipes that I saw earlier in the downstairs bathroom, but the bartender gave her a towel instead. The only reason I didn't set up like I usually do is because the bride insisted on doing it herself the day before. My assistant and I arrived at the Elks Club at 1pm prior to the ceremony at the church to take care of the remaining set up and to greet the vendors as they arrived. As far as "eating all night" I had dinner in the back room after all of the guests received their dinners, which it is customary to feed your vendors who are working for you all day. Oh, and I had a few crackers and cheese at cocktail hour. The day before at the rehearsal, I arrived promptly at 3pm like I was told, but nobody was there yet. The priest was 45 minutes late, so I took it upon myself to begin with the coordination of the processional once the rest of the bridal party arrived. When the priest finally got there he went through pretty much the entire ceremony word for word. By the time it was over it was 4:30 and I did not have time to stay to go to the venue afterwards. Had I known it was the bride's wishes to do so ahead of time, I would have made other arrangements for my son, but an hour and a half is usually plenty of time for a rehearsal (when people are on time). When I left the bride and groom that evening, they seemed pleased with everything and the next thing I see is this review, so imagine my shock.

A few side notes:
The DJ didn't even have the father/daughter dance for the reception so I had to lend him my iphone to play it from so we didn't have to tell her he didn't have it.
The bartender thought it was a day reception and was told a completely different time for the reception until that day.
There was no card box so I made sure to give all of the cards to the father of the groom so that they wouldn't go missing.

I don't know which vendors and family complained about me but they were all nice to us the day of the wedding and seemed grateful for our help. If you had any doubt about my abilities and service after reading this poor review, please look at the long list of "5's" below it or contact me for several other references.
Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Carisa is such a sweetheart! She was my sounding board, my vendor director, and a source of constant reassurance that my decisions were good throughout the planning process. The day before my wedding, Carisa's assistant (who was supposed to do set-up at the park) got very ill. "No worries" said Carisa. She split her time efficiently between her already scheduled rehearsal dinner and the set-up of my big day. And everything turned out fantastically!!
Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I found Carisa through Groupon and it was the best Groupon I have ever purchased. She helped with the rehearsal and the day of but also was there for consultation in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Carisa was extremely professional and made the day run smoother than I could have anticipated. She paid attention to detail and was there for anything I needed. By far the best value of the wedding.
Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We hired CR Socials for the rehearsal and "day of." Just knowing that Carisa would be there was a relief and she handled the rehearsal and "day of " details like the pro she is. Each and every moment was accounted for in her timeline and as a MOB who was involved in the process I apprectiated Carisa's expertise and relaxed manner. Her willingness to accommodate the needs of the bride and groom (and me) were also greatly appreciated. On the day of the wedding I was relaxed knowing that Carisa had all the details under control.

Carisa and her assistant Kat were professional, detail oriented, confident and relaxed. We actually lost count of the number of times we said to ourselves, "Thank God for Carisa."
Wedding: 08/03/2012

Lauren 1 Reviews
We could not have been happier with Carisa's services before,
during and after the wedding. She handled everything down to the littlest
detail with the greatest of ease (or so you made it seem) and worked
with all of our vendors flawlessly. Any problems were handled quickly and efficiently to the point where we didn't even know that there were any.
Overall having Carisa and her assistants there was the best money that we
spent and if we had to do it all over again we would hire her right
from the beginning.
Wedding: 07/15/2012

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Carisa, the owner of CRsocials, and her team do an AMAZING job! She is wonderfully detail oriented, personable, and organized, exactly what you want in a wedding coordinator. I took the day of wedding
coordination package, but trust me, Carisa answered all of my questions, emails, phone calls, way before the BIG day. My husband was at first, hesitant on getting a wedding planner; however, by the time the big day rolled out and he saw how great everything was organized and how amazing everything turned out, he said to me, "Carisa really did a great job"! So ladies and gents, mainly gents, please give your Bride some sanity and hire Carisa for your wedding, you will not regret it! Plus, you will have a very happy, non-crazy Bride as the day quickly approaches! Carisa and her team were great, and such a great value as well. Book her!
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Anonymous 2 Reviews
CR socials is EXCELLENT!! Carisa and her team coordinated our wedding effortlessly! It was such a relief to know that Carisa had all of the bases covered when it was the Big Day. Even our vendors commented on how helpful and organized she was leading up to our wedding day! Brides- please do yourself a favor and hire Carisa, her and her team will ensure that you have a beautiful event, so that you can focus on getting married instead of vendor issues!! Organized, detail-oriented, and personable- everything you need in a wedding coordinator (or event coordinator for that matter!) and she will definitely deliver! Money well spent and affordable, even my husband thought she was a great! Her and her team made sure we had a stress-free, special day!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
If you truly want to be a guest at your wedding, do not pass up hiring Carisa. From the first time we met, she accepted some of my not-so-traditional ideas, and was able to refer me to vendors who may offer what I was looking for. She continuously reassured me that our wedding should be done the way we envisioned it, regardless of what others may think.

As a bride on a budget, I was very hesitant to hire a wedding planner, but Carisa ended up not only taking care of all of the paperwork and coordinating all of the vendors, but her referrals ended up SAVING us money. She was always very, very prompt and seemed to never get annoyed, no matter how many questions I had.

Our wedding ceremony and reception venue had a planner on site, but knowing Carisa for over a year, I was able to relax on the day of, and not worry about having someone I hardly know take care of the most important details. If you want someone in your corner who you ultimately trust on your wedding day, don't hesitate to hire Carisa.
Wedding: 06/08/2012
 203-710-0245
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire