Continental Catering

Continental Catering

Life is too short to not party!

8238 Parkway Drive
San Diego, CA 91942 | map
Catering services: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Ser...
Maximum capacity: 5000
Value:
(4.7 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Maria at Continental more than a year before our wedding as we were planning from overseas. I cannot even explain how incredibly professional, flexible, and accommodating this team was. We had a tight budget but Maria worked meticulously with us to ensure we had everything we wanted. She gave us an package price we could not ignore. We thought this might mean we would be sacrificing service or quality of food, but boy were we wrong! we have been getting non stop comments about how delicious the food was, and how lovely all of the staff was. Everything ran on time and they were prepared each step of the way (moving chairs and tables, etc). Our main concern was that our bar would have a line around the corner and we wanted to ensure guests had access to wine and beer as part of the package, Maria noted that as a priority and this was never an issue. She listened to us, and went far above and beyond what I imagined for the day. The wedding was absolutely flawless and I completely owe this to Maria and her team at continental.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Continental Catering catered our August wedding and they were amazing. I had the pleasure of working with Kristie from the initial phone conversation to the wedding day. Kristie was extremely helpful and really took the time to answer any questions that we had throughout the process. The food on our wedding day was amazing and our guests loved it! All of the appetizers and main entrees were delicious. The staff was great with our guests and having Kristie there really put me at ease. Not only is the food and service amazing, they are fairly priced compared to many other catering companies in the area. I would highly recommend them for your event!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I would like to first start off with how amazing Christie R. was with helping us plan for our big day! She went above and beyond on our wedding day. Thank you, Christie! The food was incredible, exactly how I remember it tasting when I had the tasting appt. with them! We knew food would be one of our biggest expense and we wanted to have great food but also we couldn't afford to break the bank, Continental was both affordable and great tasting. All of our guest talked about how good the food was. The staff was great and very attentive to our guest needs. The appetizers were beyond this world delicious! So grateful we chose Continental Catering.

• Wedding: 08/09/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Continental Catering for our daughter’s winery wedding. Christie and her staff were such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. After our initial tasting, there were two items that I was unsure about, so Christie arranged a follow-up mini tasting and we honed in on the chicken entrée and appetizers that we wanted. I heard raves from our guests about the cheese display, the parmesan crisps with beef appetizers, and the braised short ribs with accompanying garlic mashed potatoes. The cheese station bears special mention, as the décor was lovely and the array of at least ten upscale cheeses, fig chutney, fruit and nuts was so inviting! Christie went above and beyond, catering to three different types of dietary restrictions for six of our guests. She used manzanita wood in the buffet design, knowing that it was part of the table centerpieces. And Christie even took pictures of a few key moments, then E-mailed them to me the next day. I would definitely use Continental again, as they were integral to making our celebration memorable!

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
Kim
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Continental Catering was very easy to work with and exceedingly flexible with our requests. They let us customize bar package and worked to help us choose a delicious menu. The food was excellent - only problem was there weren't any leftovers;-).

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristie and Continental Catering were perfect! Everything we wanted they made happen! The day was flawless, the food was fantastic, and Kristie was super helpful throughout the entire process! They could have not made it any easier for us, and they did an awesome job with our menu! Thank so much, totally recommend them!

Val & Randy

7/20/13

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Maria worked with me from start to finish to make sure the menu and budget worked. All of the food was absolutely delicious and amazing. Thank you!!!

• Wedding: 06/29/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They were so professional very accomidating having already made a plate for my husband and I bringing it to the table. We were working on a budget and they made a delishes hawaian set up for our wedding. Everyone we talked too loved the food it was truly the best food at a wedding yet.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My guests are still talking about the food at the wedding!! We wanted our reception to be fun and energetic and facilitate the most amount of mingling possible. Continental came up with great ideas to help us achieve that. Instead of doing a formal sit down dinner, we chose a bunch of awesome appetizers set up in stations; we also had a few passed selections. Everyone loved it and complimented us on the variety and flavors of the options we chose. There was tons of food and it was a lot more fun for us and our guests! They were a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding day and did a great job of making sure, as the bride, that I was eating! The onsite catering manager of the day personally delivered food to where my husband and I were standing and speaking to guests, and that kindness left a huge impression on me. They were fantastic!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Seriously delicious and amazing to work with!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have been getting so many e-mails, phonecalls and comments from my guests about how much they loved the food. Maria was so helpful and very flexible to last minute changes. They really take the time to let you taste everything and make a unique menu for your day.

• Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My daughter's wedding planning was a breeze thanks to Continental Catering. They took care of EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING was wonderful... Kristie-AWESOME! Food-AWESOME! Service-AWESOME!

• Wedding: 06/24/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Continental Catering knocked it out of the park for our wedding. In addition to Denise's professionalism and responsiveness, the food was simply outstanding. I would not hesitate to use CC again, and recommend them to anyone! Thank you, Denise and team, for making our wedding deliciously memorable.

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristie at Continental was great! She coordinated all of our rentals and made sure everything went smoothly during the planning and on our big day. And the food was AWESOME! Our guests loved it and my Grandma is still raving about the chicken breast (and she hates chicken breast normally!)

I definitely appreciate all that Kristie did - she had appetizers waiting for us as soon as the ceremony was over and kept sending waiters our way during our post-ceremony pictures. And when it was time for dinner, she had 2 big plates waiting for me and my husband.

They were great!

• Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was fantastic!! The service was amazing. Kristi was great to work with and was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls. Our guests raved about the food and the excellent service by the catering team.

• Wedding: 09/25/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The food was perfect. The service at the wedding was professional. Very helpful and easy to work with. They were the best.

• Wedding: 08/27/2011
619-698-3500
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment