Continental Catering

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Continental Catering did such a fantastic job with our wedding. We had a small wedding of 25 people that started at 10:30 AM. It was held at Leo Carrillo Ranch. Because we were having a destination wedding, it was important to us to trust our vendors completely. We trusted Kristie from the first day. We never got the chance to do a tasting because of the distance, but I didn’t even sweat it! Our food was great. Continental Catering handled the food and furniture and staff! They had our site set up in plenty of time for a morning wedding and far exceeded my expectations! Kristie Emmons was SO responsive! She answered every question I had, and every question I never thought of! Continental Catering even added decor to the site and tables (a travel theme). She worked with us to get the perfect brunch menu. We had so many options for food. I had special requests when it came to what was being served as far as drinks (specialty tea and spa water stations) and bar options. They went above and beyond at our coffee station and had specialty mix-ins (cinnamon, chocolate, etc). We didn’t have a wedding cake out our reception, but instead Continental Catering had a live donut station with ice cream! It was a hit! We loved our beautiful food! Kristie even helped with logistics, since our ceremony and reception were in the exact same location. I wasn’t sure how to transition between the two (since the chairs used for the ceremony were also for the reception), and she had great ideas. I cannot thank Kristie and the Continental Catering team enough. They were so professional.

I am so lucky to have found continental catering!

Services Used: Catering

When my husband and I were looking for a wedding caterer we knew one thing above all else, it HAD to be delicious and it had to be filling. We had been to too many weddings were the food was forgettable, bland and we were always seeking a California burrito afterwards. We were also on a budget (who isn’t) and we could only use a set of pre-approved caterers for our venue. I’m so happy that Continental Catering was available for our wedding. The minute I met with Christie R. I knew we didn’t have to look any further. We chose to use food stations for our wedding. We brought my parents and sister to the tasting, and let’s just say my Filipino dad wasn’t all boned up for an all food station wedding since he had only done buffets or sit down (he’s old school). By our second food item, my dad was stuffed and he said if we didn’t choose continental, we’d make a mistake. On the day of the wedding we had a cheese and fruit appetizer set-up. Our stations were a slider station with pulled pork, shredded chicken, and Portobello; a pasta station with a choice of macaroni or penne pasta with vodka sauce and shrimp; and lastly the most amazing short ribs with mashed potatoes. Everything was fantastic! Like others say, our guests couldn’t stop talking about our food (even two months later!). Continental even set-up a dessert bar and a mimosa bar for us even if though we didn’t use their food items. They are sincerely the best caterers I have ever worked with. I can’t wait to throw another party and use them again!

Recently Married

We worked with Maria at Continental more than a year before our wedding as we were planning from overseas. I cannot even explain how incredibly professional, flexible, and accommodating this team was. We had a tight budget but Maria worked meticulously with us to ensure we had everything we wanted. She gave us an package price we could not ignore. We thought this might mean we would be sacrificing service or quality of food, but boy were we wrong! we have been getting non stop comments about how delicious the food was, and how lovely all of the staff was. Everything ran on time and they were prepared each step of the way (moving chairs and tables, etc). Our main concern was that our bar would have a line around the corner and we wanted to ensure guests had access to wine and beer as part of the package, Maria noted that as a priority and this was never an issue. She listened to us, and went far above and beyond what I imagined for the day. The wedding was absolutely flawless and I completely owe this to Maria and her team at continental.

Services Used: Catering

Continental Catering catered our August wedding and they were amazing. I had the pleasure of working with Kristie from the initial phone conversation to the wedding day. Kristie was extremely helpful and really took the time to answer any questions that we had throughout the process. The food on our wedding day was amazing and our guests loved it! All of the appetizers and main entrees were delicious. The staff was great with our guests and having Kristie there really put me at ease. Not only is the food and service amazing, they are fairly priced compared to many other catering companies in the area. I would highly recommend them for your event!

Services Used: Catering

I would like to first start off with how amazing Christie R. was with helping us plan for our big day! She went above and beyond on our wedding day. Thank you, Christie! The food was incredible, exactly how I remember it tasting when I had the tasting appt. with them! We knew food would be one of our biggest expense and we wanted to have great food but also we couldn't afford to break the bank, Continental was both affordable and great tasting. All of our guest talked about how good the food was. The staff was great and very attentive to our guest needs. The appetizers were beyond this world delicious! So grateful we chose Continental Catering.

Kim
07/25/2014

We used Continental Catering for our daughter’s winery wedding. Christie and her staff were such a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. After our initial tasting, there were two items that I was unsure about, so Christie arranged a follow-up mini tasting and we honed in on the chicken entrée and appetizers that we wanted. I heard raves from our guests about the cheese display, the parmesan crisps with beef appetizers, and the braised short ribs with accompanying garlic mashed potatoes. The cheese station bears special mention, as the décor was lovely and the array of at least ten upscale cheeses, fig chutney, fruit and nuts was so inviting! Christie went above and beyond, catering to three different types of dietary restrictions for six of our guests. She used manzanita wood in the buffet design, knowing that it was part of the table centerpieces. And Christie even took pictures of a few key moments, then E-mailed them to me the next day. I would definitely use Continental again, as they were integral to making our celebration memorable!

1+ year ago

Continental Catering was very easy to work with and exceedingly flexible with our requests. They let us customize bar package and worked to help us choose a delicious menu. The food was excellent - only problem was there weren't any leftovers;-).

Services Used: Catering

Kristie and Continental Catering were perfect! Everything we wanted they made happen! The day was flawless, the food was fantastic, and Kristie was super helpful throughout the entire process! They could have not made it any easier for us, and they did an awesome job with our menu! Thank so much, totally recommend them!

Val & Randy

7/20/13

Services Used: Catering

Maria worked with me from start to finish to make sure the menu and budget worked. All of the food was absolutely delicious and amazing. Thank you!!!

2+ years ago

They were so professional very accomidating having already made a plate for my husband and I bringing it to the table. We were working on a budget and they made a delishes hawaian set up for our wedding. Everyone we talked too loved the food it was truly the best food at a wedding yet.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

My guests are still talking about the food at the wedding!! We wanted our reception to be fun and energetic and facilitate the most amount of mingling possible. Continental came up with great ideas to help us achieve that. Instead of doing a formal sit down dinner, we chose a bunch of awesome appetizers set up in stations; we also had a few passed selections. Everyone loved it and complimented us on the variety and flavors of the options we chose. There was tons of food and it was a lot more fun for us and our guests! They were a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding day and did a great job of making sure, as the bride, that I was eating! The onsite catering manager of the day personally delivered food to where my husband and I were standing and speaking to guests, and that kindness left a huge impression on me. They were fantastic!!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Seriously delicious and amazing to work with!

Services Used: Catering

I have been getting so many e-mails, phonecalls and comments from my guests about how much they loved the food. Maria was so helpful and very flexible to last minute changes. They really take the time to let you taste everything and make a unique menu for your day.

Services Used: Catering

My daughter's wedding planning was a breeze thanks to Continental Catering. They took care of EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING was wonderful... Kristie-AWESOME! Food-AWESOME! Service-AWESOME!

Services Used: Catering

Continental Catering knocked it out of the park for our wedding. In addition to Denise's professionalism and responsiveness, the food was simply outstanding. I would not hesitate to use CC again, and recommend them to anyone! Thank you, Denise and team, for making our wedding deliciously memorable.

Services Used: Catering

Kristie at Continental was great! She coordinated all of our rentals and made sure everything went smoothly during the planning and on our big day. And the food was AWESOME! Our guests loved it and my Grandma is still raving about the chicken breast (and she hates chicken breast normally!)

I definitely appreciate all that Kristie did - she had appetizers waiting for us as soon as the ceremony was over and kept sending waiters our way during our post-ceremony pictures. And when it was time for dinner, she had 2 big plates waiting for me and my husband.

They were great!