Congress Hall

(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was married at Congress Hall on October 10, 2014. This place is nothing short of amazing! My husband and I had no idea where we wanted our wedding reception to be, but we did know that we did not want your "typical venue". My husband found Congress Hall online and suggested that we check it out. We fell in love with Congress Hall immediately and brought my parents back later that day, because we knew that nothing was going to even come close. Once the wedding was booked, we worked with Meredith and Krystina. I can't even begin to thank them both enough for all that they did to make our day perfect. Krystina is so professional and such a sweet heart at the same time. She did everything in her power to make sure that my day was everything I wanted it to be. She went above and beyond what you can imagine to make sure that my husband and I were having the day we dreamed of before, during, and after the wedding. Thank you Krystina! Congress Hall is the perfect place for a wedding! My husband and I stayed the entire weekend and put the honeymoon off until next month. We can't get enough of this hotel and we will be back for anniversaries to come! I think that everyone should see this place before they choose their venue, pictures do not even do it justice. Thank you Congress Hall, we can't wait to come back!

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at Congress Hall and everything went very smoothly. They are very professional and took great care of us. I'm so glad we chose to have our wedding there. They really go the extra mile and we were very happy with all the little details that made everything that much more special.

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
Webb
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Congress Hall was amazing. It was absolutely beautiful. Meredith and Colleen were amazing. Helpful, patient and understanding. The comments from my guests were "FLAWLESS." The venue is beautiful, the food was delicious and the staff was amazing. Wouldn't have changed one this about it!!

• Wedding: 02/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Congress Hall went above and beyond to give us the wedding of our dreams. They exceeded our expectations in every way! Krystina Kennedy was extremely helpful throughout the process and every last detail we requested from her was executed perfectly. I would highly recommend Congress Hall!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Congress Hall is the perfect spot for a wedding. The staff is top notch and professional. One year later and people are still talking about the wedding!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had our wedding at Congress Hall last summer and can't recommend it enough. Our outdoor shots on the veranda's rocking chairs were beautiful, the hall itself was gorgeous, and the downstairs bar was a great change of pace for our cocktail hour. We recommend to anyone looking to do a beach wedding the right way!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Congress Hall provided a perfect setting for our beach wedding! Danielle was the coordinator for our event and we didn't have to worry about a single thing. She was professional, organized and a pleasure to work with. The grounds of Congress Hall provided a beautiful natural backdrop for our pictures and the reception space is unique in its own with its tiffany blue walls and checkered floors. It was truly the best day of our lives and Congress Hall will always have a special place in our hearts!

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
Sarah
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding at Congress Hall was PERFECT! The ceremony space is beautiful and the ballroom is so fun and colorful. The sales/ planning teams are very professional and pay special attention to detail to help you plan the perfect day!

• Wedding: 06/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Congress Hall and all if the employees there made out wedding day amazing. From them accommodating my needs for a wedding in shorter notice than usual,since my original venue was ruined from Superstorm Sandy, to cleaning up all of our belongings from the reception and delivering them to our room. I would recommend Congress Hall as a wedding venue to every bride because of the beauty if the building and the professionalism of everyone we encountered there.

• Wedding: 05/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was so lovely and I am thankful to the staff at Congress Hall for their professionalism. It was stress free and I did not have to worry about a thing. Daniella was our wedding coordinator and she was the best!
I highly recommend using Congress Hall if you're getting married in the Cape May area. It's a unique space, and the food and service was wonderful!

Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Congress Hall is such a beautiful venue and so convenient to have the ceremony on site, the reception in the ballroom and a lounge downstairs to continue the party! They were so professional and easy to work with. Daniella, the venue coordinator was amazing! You could tell she has done this so many times- she made everything go so smoothly and was always available leading up to the wedding to meet or to ask questions. She was VERY helpful. We loved our venue and can't wait to go back to visit!

• Wedding: 10/05/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

From the rehearsal dinner to the brunch the next day, Congress Hall was fantastic. My wife recommends getting the bridal room the day off. Daniella was an amazing help. The food is 5 star by wedding standards. For hor'dorvs I recommend the French onion bowls

• Wedding: 07/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Congress Hall was absolutely the perfect place to get married. This goes without saying, but the location is gorgeous. The building is very well maintained and just beautiful. Every single time I step into the ballroom I'm still struck by how lovely it is. The rooms are also very cute and very well decorated. (I highly recommend some of their sister properties and cottages for guests to stay at as well -- lovely Victorian style homes with beautiful interiors. We rented two of their cottages for our families and friends to stay.) Krista is super friendly, and Daniella had everything totally under control the day of the wedding. I really had nothing to worry about with her taking care of the details. I was impressed by how much time she spent with us both on Friday for the rehearsal and all day Saturday. Sunday morning we realized that all of our stuff was still kind of scattered around the hotel, but one phone call to the front desk and the staff rounded everything up and brought it all up to our room. We really lucked out with the weather, and the weekend could not have gone any better. Congress Hall set up the ceremony chairs on the beach, which was very pretty. The food was great and the drinks kept flowing!

During the planning process, both Krista and Daniella were very responsive to our barrage of emails. Daniella would be out of the office over the weekends because of events, which meant that it sometimes took a couple of days until she replied, but she had an out-of-office auto reply, so I always knew what was going on. They both worked with us when we changed the details of the day multiple times, and were very flexible with our requests for cocktail hour stations and dinner. I can't say enough good things about Congress Hall. I wish I could get married there over and over again! The only downside is that Congress Hall has to work within Cape May's stringent sound ordinance, which meant that party had to be over by 10PM. I only wish the night could have kept going!

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough great things about Congress Hall and their staff. From start to finish, they were responsive to all our specific requests. Their coordinator, Lindsey, was amazing and made sure there were absolutely no hiccups on the day of. Our guests are still raving about how fantastic our wedding was and I think, in large part, this is because of Congress Hall.

• Wedding: 09/28/2008
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Congress Hall!! I would go back every single year if I could on our anniversary to try to capture the magic of that day. Congress Hall is completely professional, and very accommodating. We would looking for a venue that was not only classy, but also unique - not your plain boring reception hall. They have a very classic, yet almost vintage feel. The wait staff was very classy and the food was delicious. Everyone loved the meal and the service. And the wedding coordinator they provide you when you book the venue - priceless. She was AMAZING and really tried to accommodate all of our requests. We had a very personal touches and she made sure they all came to fruition and were perfect. All of our guests, even still, comment on how our wedding "Rocked".

• Wedding: 09/23/2007
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Congress is such a beautiful and unique venue. The grand ballroom where the reception takes place is so cool - tiffany blue walls and a black and white checkered floors.

My husband and I worked with Colleen O'Sullivan, and she was fantastic in every way. She and I communicated through email, and she was always thorough and prompt when responding to all emails. She was specific and communicative about necessary deadlines, without being pushy. For the rehearsal and wedding, she was enthusiastic, professional and kept everything running like well oiled machine. She was so warm and friendly, that I felt like I had hired a friend to take care of everything for me. If you are getting married at Congress Hall, definitely ask for her.

The food was delicious and they have a good selection of wine and alcohol. The kitchen was able to accommodate our vegetarian and vegan requests (they were also delicious!). The service was great!

• Wedding: Recently Married
609-884-6553
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards