Clayton Austin

Flexibility
4.2
Cindy
10/25/2014

Clayton exceeded our expectations!
after seeing his work online, we knew he was the One we wanted to photograph our wedding weekend.
his photographs are beautiful because he is extremely talented, professional, flexible and friendly. But there is more to it than than that! It's because of who he is and the way in which views the world and connects with whoever and whatever he photographs.
Clayton Austin is a gift! Book early!

Recently Married

Clayton is a total genius! His work is extraordinary and we are beyond excited about our album! He also happens to be super fun to work with and he's hilarious!!

Maggie
09/13/2014

I don't know where to begin! I couldn't have imagined our day without Clayton..he was the first and hands down best decision we made, as soon as we got engaged I told Zach I already knew who I wanted to photograph our wedding. His creativity and work speaks for itself, he truly captures all the beauty of the day. I had no doubt what so ever that our pictures would come back just as amazing as our day felt. Not to mention he is so so fun to work with, it was like having a close friend shoot your wedding honestly. He's easy to talk to and always made us feel comfortable. I could seriously go on and on..he went above and beyond when we had to move our wedding the month before from Texas to Colorado and without missing a beat he booked his flight. He even styled our wedding day..I mean how amazing is that? He truly loves what he does and it totally shines through in his work!! xoxo

Recently Married

Clayton was an amazing photographer and he gave us some of the most beautiful engagement and wedding photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
If you are looking for a film photographer, he is your guy!

Camille
08/02/2014

I knew that I wanted Clayton Austin to shoot our wedding from the moment I first stumbled upon his work over three years ago. So, naturally, when we got engaged last year, he was the first vendor that we booked! He has an eye and a shooting style that is completely unparalleled in the wedding photography industry - his photos make you feel things. His photos make you feel like you were present at the wedding and you can feel the love between the bride and the groom, which was extremely for us since we were having a super small (immediate family only) destination wedding in Oregon. You know how you build something up so much you're afraid that the reality won't be nearly awesome as you've envisioned? Well that was definitely not the case with Clayton - he far surpassed our expectations and left us with the most breathtaking wedding photos that we will cherish forever.

From the start, Clayton was awesome - we did our engagement shoot with him in Austin and he was extremely easy going and flexible. He also made us laugh and feel comfortable in front of the camera - a big feat considering I'm a photographer and I'm not used to being in front of the lens and my husband hates having his photos taken. The day of our wedding, he was extremely helpful and basically served as our wedding coordinator :). Everyone at our wedding loved him and had a blast that day. When we got our photos back, I cried I was so happy with how they turned out. It was what I had hoped for but even so much more - you could truly see the love between Cody and I and each image helped family and friends who weren't invited feel as if they were there.

Clayton Austin is amazing and I highly recommend him - my husband and I agree that hiring him was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thank you, Clayton, for capturing our day even more perfectly than we could have imagined.

0.5

Clayton did not end up shooting my wedding due to a death in the family, however, I do feel my dealings are important to share with future couples. I fell in love with Clayton's photos the moment I saw them. There is no doubt that he is extremely talented. Unfortunately, out of the entire wedding process, I would say picking Clayton was the worst thing I could have ever done. He was extremely unresponsive after booking. I paid him my deposit and there was literally silence. I would email him repeatedly about setting up an engagement session and it would take him weeks to respond. He then proceeded to cancel our session at midnight the night before our shoot claiming camera malfunction. I understood but then setting up a new time was next to impossible with his international travel. It wasn't the fact that he was busy, it was the fact that he was so unresponsive. If If you are planning a wedding in 6 months or even a year, I would say STAY AWAY. You pay for the engagement photos in your package and then he makes it impossible to schedule them. We just went through an ordeal where he wouldn't even respond to my emails requesting the USB so we could get copies of the engagement photos we paid for. Last but not least, he cancelled the day before our wedding due to family issues. I expressed my condolences and truly understood. He yet again just left me hanging at the last minute after so much stress. All the stress was just incredibly unnecessary and I regret my decision to hire him so much. Thankfully, he recommended a replacement photographer who turned out not only take beautiful photos but she's incredibly responsive even with a busy schedule and newborn baby. All I can recommend is stay away if you want a stress-free, drama-free photographer. Clayton is an artist but he is probably the worst business man you will ever meet. I give him a poor rating solely on that. Our engagement photos were nice but nothing special. Just not worth the hassle!

Clayton Austin responded with the following comments:

Hi Reid and Stephanie. I wanted to quickly
comment on this review. I
have to be honest and say that I was really taken aback because until
this morning I was completely unaware of any dissatisfaction in either
my correspondence or business practices. While I am truly sorry that I
canceled the night before your wedding due to my grandfather's passing
I have to be honest and say that there was no way that I was going to
miss his funeral. My grandparents raised me and though I am a business
I am also family man. I just took some time looking through our entire
email correspondences and I feel that all of my responses were very
timely and at most took only a few days in the instances when I was
out of the country. Never in any emails did you express concerns or
regret in hiring me. When I called to inform you of my situation you
seemed very understanding and sympathetic. Per contract I immediately
sought and retained the services of an amazing photographer who made
herself available for your date and you were very satisfied with her
service and images. Even during the engagement session planning
process I was happy to provide several dates and when I rescheduled
again provided dates that would work with your schedules. Im just
surprised you felt so strongly yet never one mentioned this to me
personally or allowed me the opportunity to rectify the situation. I
agree that communication is key and I feel I have a very strong
business model. Obviously you felt otherwise but I would have been
happy to adjust in order to meet your expectations. Im not a lofty or
prideful person. I care about my business and my clients. I wish you
both the best and am sorry again for everything. Best to you both in
Ireland!

Julie
01/01/2014

I LOVED working with Clayton. On my wedding day, I thought numerous times how glad I was that I hired him. I understood what he was doing artistically and had no worries about the quality I what he was producing. He shared his vision numerous times and had no problem communicating what looked good and what didn't in the photos. I trusted him completely on that day and wasn't stressed or worried.
But what completely surpassed my happiness with Clayton on that day were the results in the actual photos. Every single one is a work of art. He captured the nuances of my decor and every detail and every important moment.
I hired Clayton because of the quality of his past work, his philosophy concerning "the goodness", and his policies concerning how the client gets their photos in their hands. Clayton did not nickel-and-dime us after the photos were taken, and did not make us choose a certain number. He gave us the soft copy of every photo he took with the rights to reproduce included in the rate he originally quoted us. I honestly could not be more pleased with anyone professionally, artistically or personally as I have been with Clayton as our wedding photographer.

Erica
08/10/2013

Clayton Austin is something super cool! I searched for weeks on-line trying to identify a photographer that I felt gave a unique perspective on wedding photography. My husband and I wanted something different, something that didn't have a staged feel for our photos. When I happened upon Clayton's site, I was smitten! When we met him, it solidified our smitteness(if that's a word!). We had a great time working with him on our engagement shots, rehearsal dinner, and actual wedding day. We are anxiously awaiting the final product, but our engagement shots were ROCKSTAR quality and we can't imagine we will get anything less from the big day! He was quite flexible with us and was open to entertaining different ideas we presented. But, one should know that he is a natural light photographer and that requires certain time frames and settings for him to work his magic, and that he only shoots in black and white for the reception(which we dug!). Overall, we really enjoyed working with him. His humor was refreshing and his talent boundless!

1+ year ago

Clayton is a true creative genius and was a pleasure to work with. His photos speak for themselves!

Tyne
06/08/2013

Clayton Austin is wonderful!

He worked with our budget.
He was flexible with changes to the plan hours before the wedding.
He is experienced and knows how to handle the in and outs of a wedding.

Our photos were lovely! There were many options to choose from but very much in his amazing style. What Clayton is most gifted in is making couples look great. He knows how people photograph best. He gives very explicit directions as to where to look, what to do with your hands, and what to be doing with each other. He makes this part really fun!

Crystal
05/31/2013

Clayton was absolutely FANTASTIC to work with. He has a wonderful talent to make you feel completely relaxed - which shows in our beautiful photographs we will have to cherish for years to come! We could not have been happier and highly recommend Clayton to anyone.

Sarita
05/04/2013

Clayton's pictures all looked amazing. There is no dispute when it comes to his cinematic photography skills producing the picturesque reflections of an wonderful wedding day. The only thing we would have wanted included were the flower girls and boys in the wedding party and more photos of us with our friends. His concentration was definitely more bride and groom centric but we knew that going with Clayton. He was also one photographer versus many other who often come in a group with assistants. Overall, we were very pleased and happy with the results captured.

Services Used: Photography

Clayton is an amazing photographer, plain and simple. I am also a photographer, so I was very picky in choosing him. Our photos turned out beautifully, and captured our event just how I remember it. We had an outdoor wedding and reception, so I wanted someone who I knew could handle any kind of weather condition. I would highly recommend Clayton for his amazing skill and professionalism during our engagement and wedding sessions. Don't balk at the price, with wedding photography, you get what you pay for! You will not be disappointed and will be so happy in the end.

Services Used: Photography

I loved working with Clayton! He was easy to work with, very professional, made my husband and I incredibly comfortable in front of the camera, and created absolutely BEAUTIFUL photos. I highly recommend him!!

Andrew
01/26/2013

My wife and I worked with Clayton for both our engagement photo shoot and the wedding. Clayton is fantastic on both sides of the camera. The photos that we received were beautifully shot in Clayton's unique artistic style. Furthermore, Clayton's personality put the wedding party at a ease and added to the memories of the day.

-Andrew
Austin, Texas
January 26, 2013

Clayton Austin responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the review Andrew! It was so great getting to know you both!

Services Used: Photography

We were thrilled to have Clayton photograph our wedding! I've been following his work for some time, and knew that I wanted him to be our photographer. He is definitely an artist, and the quality of his work speaks for itself! He is also incredibly charming and easy going in person and blended well with all our family and friends at the wedding. The one issue we had with Clayton is that he can often be difficult to reach. This can be difficult, especially if you are the type of bride who needs immediate responses from your vendors. That being said, he was always where he needed to be when he said he would be. Also keep in mind that Clayton tends to be pretty busy and travels a lot, so as frustrating as it may be during the wedding planning process not to receive instant responses, try to relax. Our end result was well worth it all.