CJ's Off the Square

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

This was a destination wedding and as the bride, I was very nervous about how the planning process was going to unfold. Jennifer Bland put all of my worries at ease. She went above and beyond to guide us through the wedding process and was always ready and able to answer all our questions. We cannot thank Jennifer enough for the excellent service and professionalism provided from the beginning to the end. Every tiny detail we thought of was covered by her and her team. The day of the wedding, all of my bridesmaids we commenting on how calm I was. This was because there was never a doubt in my mind that this wasn't going to live up to all our expectations, and that is only because Jennifer was handling it all. The wedding reception was an absolute dream! The gorgeous pavilion and garden were perfect to capture and enjoy the natural scenery during the cocktail hour and reception. The food selection was excellent and was cooked to perfection. The wedding cake was exactly like the picture I sent Jennifer and tasted delicious! Above all, the staff was friendly and extremely helpful at all times. My guests are still raving about how it was the best wedding reception they have been to and that they cannot wait to visit Franklin again!!

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing Heather! Jennifer and I are thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience. I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts with other brides - it means a lot to me :)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

No less than FIVE stars! Highly Recommend! From the moment I walked up the front steps into the historic romance of Cj’s Off the Square and met CJ Dickson I felt an immediate connection and knew this is where we would be married. Over the next year, CJ helped me bring my watercolor garden wedding come to life. I quickly realized CJ’s advice was golden and was so happy to have her planning expertise. It's wonderful when people find what they are meant to do in life and CJ is truly passionate about her business. During the planning process, I would have a question and she would troubleshoot and come back with solutions, suggestions, and even recommend local vendors she trusted to get the job done. The fun, laughter, and great moments leading up to the wedding were more like coffee with a friend than planning. When it came to the wedding day, I was truly able to enjoy the entire day and night of the wedding because I knew every detail had already been taken care of by CJ and her team. From the first meeting to the sparkler send off, CJ made us feel at all times like we were being looked after and every detail was perfect in the planning and implementation of our wedding. We truly had the best day ever during our wedding, and we couldn't have done it without them! I would highly recommend CJ Dickson and CJ’s Off the Square for any wedding/reception/rehearsal dinner/party/event! We adore you!
Best wishes,
Charline & Andrew

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Charline, you are simply the BEST! Thank you a million times over for sharing your experience with other brides. It was just so wonderful working with you and Andrew and I just know you have an amazing life ahead of you. Big hugs!!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

When I first learned of CJ's after getting engaged, I initially wrote it off thinking it had to be too expensive. It's a gorgeous venue after all. Then after 6 months of dead ends in the wedding planning process I revisited some of the venues I'd originally passed over. When we visited CJ's in December '14, I instantly KNEW it was the venue for us! I cried in the garden at the thought of getting married there. It was winter and everything was dead but I could picture the lush greenery and flowers that would be there come May and I just KNEW IT! We were up front with CJ about our budget but she instantly found ways to make it work for us. Jennifer was assigned as our coordinator and I cannot begin to speak justice to the amazing asset she became to us at that point! CJ's handles so many details however for the items I needed to coordinate on my own, Jennifer was right there beside me, guiding me along the way! When I needed vintage style ribbon for the cake design I wanted, Jennifer googled until she had found the perfect one for me and all I was left to do was purchase it. This completely illustrates our overall experience working with the staff at CJ's Off the Square. Every little detail that I had envisioned for the day was carried out seamlessly and seeing all of that hard work come into fruition made my heart soar. Then when the forecast was looking a little iffy I was so glad that they had a built in back up plan with the covered pavilion and despite the rain, now I couldn't have imagined it any other way! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and so much of that was because of CJ, Jennifer, and their incredible team. It truly was the best day of my life!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough about how wonderful CJ and Jennifer were. First of all the venue is gorgeous! Even though it is outdoor there is a covered pavilion in case of rain. Jennifer was our planner and she did an amazing job. The whole process of planning and the day of was about as stress free as it could get. The day of the wedding I was completely relaxed having fun with the bridesmaids as we dressed at CJ's. I knew everything would be taken care of. Many of my guests commented on how beautiful CJ's was and that they had not been to a more beautiful wedding. The event staff is amazing and very professional. I also had many comments from my guests on how good the food was as well as the presentation. I would highly recommend CJ's to anyone looking for an outdoor garden wedding.

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Ginny! We had a great time working with you and are simply thrilled that you loved both the planning experience AND the big day. Congratulations again to you and John!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We could not be happier with our experience having our wedding at CJ's Off the Square! From our first meeting, it was clear that CJ and her team were absolute professionals and our wedding was in good hands. Throughout the process CJ and Jennifer were incredibly helpful, and really helped bring everything together. They were always happy to answer questions or provide recommendations. Our wedding day was even better than I could have ever imagined- everything was beautiful and we had so much fun! The day-of coordination was flawless and we appreciate being able to just enjoy our day and not worry about the details, since we knew they would be taken care of. I cannot thank y'all enough for making our dream wedding come true!

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for sharing your experience McKensie! Working with you and Nic was truly delightful and we wish you both all the best and years upon years of happiness together.

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

I would recommend CJ's Off the Square to any couple looking for a classy and timeless wedding experience. The venue is so versatile that you can customize your experience to fit your style. Both the ceremony and the reception took place in a beautiful outdoor environment, fairy tale style. The house is a beautiful historic property (the bridal and the groom suites are out of this planet)and the garden is the ideal surrounding to celebrate in any type of weather. The location is very convenient, a few steps away from the Franklin historic district square.

The quality of the services was impeccable: from the wedding planning, to catering, bar service, DJ, everything was top level. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone that's looking to have a very unique experience at a very reasonable price.

Katherine
11/08/2014

I can't begin to explain how wonderful my wedding and experience at CJ's Off the Square was. It was our dream wedding. Jennifer went above and beyond with details and planning. They took exactly what i had in mind and brought it to life. All of our guests have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and the most beautiful. The flowers were absolutely breathtaking, and the food was to die for! Being able to get ready in the bridal suite was such a fun and special time with my bridesmaids. We are blessed to have had such a wonderful evening :)

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Thank you SO much Katherine for such a glowing review. Jennifer and I loved working with you and Weston. Thank YOU for allowing us to be a part of such a special day in your lives. Big hugs from your friends at CJ's Off the Square!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

From the day Sean and I stepped foot inside CJ's Off the Square and met CJ, we knew this was the place we wanted to get married and we knew before we even saw the venue. We were introduced to, Jennifer, our planner who mastered my initial nervous breakdown about style differences and took my ideas, mixed them with hers and came up with what would be the most beautiful wedding any of my friends and family had ever seen. NOT ONLY THAT, but the planning portion and suggestions of vendors was exceptional. She touched base with all of my vendors the week before the wedding so I would not have to be concerned. AND at CJ's many of the vendors are already taken care of for you. The Enchanted Florist did a jaw-dropping job with my vision for flowers and kept within budget. My cake and Sean's groom cake were not only exactly what we asked for but DELICIOUS too! The rentals, such as my vintage suit case for my cards box and my vintage furniture for my cigar bar were to die for! The food was yummy and we loved the options for our fall menue - I mean, thanksgiving sliders?! WOW! The options were wonderful! Plus they let us incorporate a late night snack of pretzels and beer cheese into our regular menu because its one of Sean's favorite foods! The DJ, Jason Middleton, was totally great too! My friends, family and I were dancing ALL NIGHT! TRULY AMAZING! PLUS, Jennifer and CJ took care of all of the communication with all of those vendors! Which was so helpful because my husband and I were living in separate states! My friends and family were stopping us before we left to thank us for having them because they had so much fun. They told me "this was the best wedding they had ever been too." The best thing was, I knew that it would be the best wedding ever before the day ever came! I had complete trust in Jennifer and the staff at CJ's Off the Square. I'm so thankful for them and I would suggest them to any bride who wants their wedding to be one of the best days they ever had!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding at CJs in October 2014. All I can say is the venue and service was amazing! From day one to the BIG day, the planner we worked with (Jennifer) was attentive and met all of our needs. We opted for the all inclusive option, which was a great option for our busy schedules. Our big day turned out perfectly... It really went just as we had pictured and everything was taken care of!! My only wish was that the night didn't have to end!

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Thank you Lindsay! You and Geoff were just so great to work with and Jennifer and I enjoyed every moment of the planning process with you guys. You had such a great group of friends and family gathered on the big day...so glad you loved your experience!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Stephanie
09/27/2014

Cj’s Off the Square was the perfect choice for my wedding reception. Planning was tricky since neither my parents nor I live in Tennessee or even know anybody from Tennessee. We needed an airport and a beautiful city to accommodate our out of state and overseas family and friends. We found CJ’s Off the Square and a few other possible venues after an intensive internet search followed by inspection visits with my fiancée. We were very impressed with CJ, her presentation, and the venue. CJ’s was our #1 choice.

The venue itself is a very romantic, intimate setting with beautiful gardens, calming ponds, a covered outside reception area, and a gazebo. The actual home is historic with a lovely front porch. It has various rooms for sitting or buffets and a room to display the cake. There are large, fully equipped rooms for both the bride and bridesmaids and the groom and groomsmen. We made use of all the rooms.

The reception was unbelievably beautiful and elegant. The flowers were gorgeous! The food was amazing! The staff, the table settings, the ambiance, the bartenders and bar service, the DJ, the caterers - all were remarkable. Everything was perfect!! Our guests were impressed and made so many compliments. CJ knows what she is doing (before, during, and after the event!) and executes her services flawlessly. She is professional and handles whatever may come up smoothly and without worry. She truly wants the bride to “shine” and have her dream wedding day. Needless to say, we did have our dream wedding day!

Our family highly recommends CJ’s Off the Square.

Stephanie and Manuel Sastre
And Mother of the Bride, Susan Evans

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Wow Stephanie! Thank you so much! It was great working with you, Manuel and your family. I still have some of the chocolate covered coffee beans Manuel's family brought from Columbia in my desk for an "emergency." ;) Lots of love from your friends in Franklin!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

CJ and Jennifer are the most amazing wedding planners out there! Every detail of mine and Josh's wedding was attended to. The entire staff worked tirelessly to make our big day a dream come true. Both CJ and Jennifer are beyond caring, professional, helpful, polite and courteous! They are so accommodating, and the entire bridal party felt so cared for and at home on our wedding day. I have never experienced a staff so professional and courteous to make everything absolutely flawless! From the food, to flowers and decor, everything blew me away and was beyond my expectations. CJ's Off the Square is hands down the most amazing and magical place to have a wedding. With my busy work schedule being a full-time nurse, CJ's never once let me stress and I had full confidence and trust in them throughout the entire wedding planning process! It was the most perfect, stress-free, EXCITING time of my life, and our wedding day was an absolute fairy tale and dream come true thanks to the team at CJ's Off The Square. I would not have entrusted the most important day of my life with anyone else. Josh and I will be forever grateful!

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Thank you SO much for such a glowing review Allison! You, Josh and your entire family were just a delight to work with. Jennifer and I enjoyed every moment of the planning process as well as your wedding day. We are going to miss seeing you and your mom! We wish you all the best for a very bright and beautiful future as Mr, and Mrs. Duplex!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was a bride that started out my venue search like many brides, and was worried about budget but wanted a beautiful elegant wedding but things can add up quickly and i was scared i would have to sacrifice my dream of a elegant classic wedding because of how expensive things are! I saw Cj's off the Square online and thought it was beautiful but an all inclusive price tag scared me but , I went to the very merry occasion and fell in love! I met Cj and Jennifer and saw how perfect the location felt, my mother joined me, and afterwards we we very worried about the budget( at first the number can seem high) but after hearing horror stories from other brides and how quickly things add up we took the plunge!! OMG OMG OMG i cant even tell you how perfect my wedding was, I was able to create my perfect invitation there, coordinate with the worlds best florist (enchanted florist, Caprice) , create the best table setting, have cake tasting,and so so so much more,all at the same location! how convenient is that?!?!? I was scared that since it's a inclusive venue that my wedding would look like everyone else's, I WAS SO WRONG, my wedding was so me and so one of a kind! they did so many little touches for me and i can't tell you how much Jen and Cj did! We had meetings with Jen and she kept us one track, they coordinate with all your vendors, you literally don't have to sweat the small stuff! And I could go on and on about how seamless the wedding went! I didn't stress anything, it was so perfect, my father was so impressed about how hard they worked,and how they kept us on schedule without feeling like we had one, it flowed perfectly. I want to get married there again,and our family and friends had a blast, it was intimate and everyone was together and we just had a blast, we danced all night ( our dj Jason was seriously fab) , everyone we worked with was top notch , and we felt like we were their only client, My mother said all my siblings must get married there because we we

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

What a wonderful review Ashley! We work really hard to make each and every wedding unique and to give our couples (and their families) and low stress, seamless planning experience. You and your mom were a joy to work with and a constant reminder of why we do what we do. Thank YOU!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with CJ's! She did an AMAZING job by making our wedding planning fun while she did all the footwork! I don't know what we would have done with out her. The day of the wedding CJ and her staff were so attentive to our needs and made sure our wedding timeline stayed on track, she even ran around us with sparklers for twenty minutes so our photographer could get the sparkler photos I was dying to have!

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Ha ha Jenna! I just LOVED the photos with you with the sparklers...it was well worth all the running around....and you and Chris were so patient ;) I just loved working with you and am so grateful that you chose CJ's Off the Square for such a special day. Big hugs from all of us here at CJ's! - Cj Dickson

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Trying to plan a wedding in a venue you've never seen and arriving to finding it more magical then you thought possible is an expectation more then meet. Living in Australia and planning all the pieces were done entirely by email with CJ. I want to thank CJ and her team once again.

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Thank you so kindly Tess! It was truly a pleasure working with you and Rene. I just loved all of your thoughtful details which helped make your day so unique and personal. I might be using your "I Spy" game in the future! Thanks again for allow us to be a part of such a special occasion.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would 100% recommend CJ's Off the Square. My new husband and I just exchanged vows there in May 2014. CJ, her staff, and all vendors she recommended were wonderful to work with. Her venue comes with a lot of options so it takes so much stress out of planning. Her venue is absolutely beautiful and she takes so much pride in delivering quality service. You will not be disappointed with the level of service or your beautiful surroundings if you choose CJ's Off the Square.

One example of the above and beyond you will get at CJ's: On our wedding day everyone is nervous, excited, ecstatic, so many emotions going on. My bridal suite was stocked with water and we even had a staff member checking on us bringing us diet cokes and ibuprofen. So helpful.

Your more than happy customers,
Leigh & Brie Harlem

CJ's Off the Square responded with the following comments:

Thanks Brie and Leigh! We loved working with you and are so grateful to have been a part of your day. Best wishes!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

CJ's is amazing!!!! They made sure our wedding day was unforgettable and their attention to detail was second to none. Anyone looking for a beautiful, unique garden-style venue will find the best Nashville/Franklin has to offer in CJ's Off the Square!