Citron Sound Services DJs

Citron Sound Services DJs

Favorite
Mesa, AZ
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
4.7
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Elliot was the DJ at our wedding in May 2015 and he was amazing! He was very detailed and got our Timeline down perfect. He made sure we made all the right choices to make are day perfect. The wedding was absolutely perfect! Thank you Elliot for giving us our dream wedding!

Services Used: DJ

Elliot was AMAZING! He provided us with a detailed timeline well in advance before our big day and was very attentive to our unique music requests. He stuck closely to the schedule and made adjustments only after he cleared it with us. Elliot was very easy to work with and made the night fantastic. Can't say enough about Elliot and Citron Sound.

Services Used: DJ

We received Elliot Mogerman as our DJ for our wedding through Citron Sound. He was great to work with and on top of everything! He provided a basic framework for the day with song selections as well as made a call before the wedding for finalizing all details and selections. The cost was great and he was wonderful. He even provided up lighting for the event that was beautiful and really set the stage. I highly recommend him for events.

Services Used: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

We worked with Elliott Mogerman from Citron Sound and had a great experience with him. He helped walk us through our wedding ceremony and reception music selections, and was very easy to reach with questions, and extremely kind.

He did a great job of MC-ing our wedding and getting people engaged in the evening. Highly recommend Elliott and Citron Sound!

1+ year ago

DJ Jimmy Davenport was the best DJ/MC! He did sound for the ceremony, cocktail, and reception and all were at three different places in the same venue right after the other. For an outdoor ceremony, it was important to have good sound. DJ Jimmy played track music for some parts of the ceremony and made sure the band sounded great. For the reception, he played all the music we previously requested and everyone had a fabulous time.

Jimmy responds quickly to email or phone call. He's very professional and is fun to and easy to work with. He even invited us into him own home when we first booked him to go over logistics. Jimmy Davenport is the best DJ and he won't disappoint!

3.2

We used Elliot Mogerman as our Wedding DJ, contracted through Citron Sound. Elliot's performance the day of our wedding was mostly great, although there were some differences from our original plan. This rating combines our thoughts on Elliot and "Citron Sound".

Quality of Service: He did a fantastic job organizing our getaway despite us not having a solid plan, and ran a trivia game for our dinner dismissal despite that being a potentially unusual request. People danced all night! Messed up anniversary dance structure, though.

Responsiveness: Elliot responded to some e-mails immediately, which was great, and agreed to a Skype interview with us since we were planning our wedding from out-of-town. Several times e-mail responses were not received, however. Moreover, editing the timeline proved to be a challenge (files were sent in .pdf, and modified changes were not always incorporated).

Professionalism: Elliot's e-mails were sometimes hard to decipher due to a lack of spelling and grammatical consistency. The night before our wedding I received an e-mail at about 11 PM asking to resend our edited first dance song because he lost it (this was followed by an e-mail saying he found it, but still caused concern). Jon Citron blamed his secretary for an error on our legal contract in an early discussion, and cashed but did not record reception of our second check (causing pretty real concern when our DJ asked us for our balance during our last dance of the night). This was resolved via an email after the fact.

Value: While this was not our cheapest option, compared to the other Wedding DJs we interviewed Elliot was the most friendly and warm DJ we encountered. Based solely on the day-of performance, we would say that the upgrade to Elliot was worth it.

Flexibility: Elliot incorporated many of our requests, playing the right songs for the important points.

Citron Sound Services DJs responded with the following comments:

...Responding to our clients of December 30th... Elliot, our best DJ and I, found this couple to be great and happy clients to work with. And from their response they had given us on Dec 30th..the night of their wedding, they were very happy with us in all respects.

Their complaint about our confusion regarding their balance check is a valid complaint. ...Not sure why they mentioned my secretary..as she was never brought into the discussion. The book keeping error was mine and mine alone..I never suggested it was someone else's error.

Like everyone, I make a mistake once in a while..not often...but being human I do make a mistake sometimes.

The mistake I made working with John and Elise was of a simple and fast fixable book keeping error..on my part.

When I discovered my book keeping error, I apologized two or three times to this Bride & Groom. That's why I'm scratching my head about this. I thought, in retrospect, that this problem was minor. And..the book keeping error I made did not negatively affect what we did for their Wedding and Reception. People were very happy with what Elliot did.

Our DJ, Elliot, in addition to doing weekend DJ events, also has a full time job. And because of that, he sometimes can't answer an email for up to 4 or 5 hours. Personally, I think that's acceptable.

In our final analysis, we feel the job Elliot did was excellent...not perfect..but excellent. And I ask of anyone..what or who is absolutely perfect in any line of work?

And, again, I am sorry for the simple book keeping error I was responsible for. When I discovered the error, I emphatically offered John and Elise my sincere and gratious apologies...and we wish for them the absolute best in their futures.

Amanda
11/09/2013

Loved Elliot! Not pushy or "over-the-top". Kept everybody on the dance floor and frequently checked in with my husband and I on how and where we wanted the night to go.

0.0

We booked our wedding DJ through this vendor. On the wedding day the DJ played the wrong songs for the entrance of the bridal party amongst other things. When we finally found the time to contact this vendor to voice our disappointment in their services that day, this vendor questioned the length of time it took for us to reach out about this issue. He turned the situation to be a "he said she said" situation. The DJ also painted the picture to his boss that we were asking for extra services and did not want to pay. Their contract did not indicate a timeline in which a client is supposed to post reviews or express opinions about their performance on the wedding day. This vendor also thinks that meeting with any vendor (such as an event/wedding coordinator) up to 8 times in a one year span of planning is too excessive. I did not think it is possible for a DJ to royally screw up a section of wedding as much as this DJ did. See examples below

Bridal Couple 1==DJ was suppose to play “Fuse” ==DJ actually played “Will you marry me”==wrong song

Bridal Couple 2==DJ was suppose to play “Personally”==DJ actually played “Party rock”==wrong song(not even an African song)

Bridal Couple 3==DJ was suppose to play “Olu Maintain”==DJ actually played “Konkai makossa”==wrong song

Bridal Couple 5==DJ was suppose to play “O’koningana” ==DJ actually played Unknown song, then switches to O’koningana in the middle of the couple dancing

Bride & Groom==DJ was suppose to play “Alingo” by P square ==DJ actually played “Will you marry me” by Prince Chinedu Nwadike==Played the same song as bridal couple 1== can’t believe DJ didn’t even get this one correctly

Did not think it was that hard to follow instructions, especially since this vendor had commented about the DJ as quoted: “He's too good, too experienced, and too proven to have been equated with a 0 rating from anyone.”
If you are looking for a DJ to play typical African songs for your wedding, we would not recommend

Citron Sound Services DJs responded with the following comments:

1) This complaining bride waited 5 weeks after her Wedding to complain about us and 6 weeks after her Wedding to post her negative review on Wedding Wire..and 2 months later on The Knot.

2) The DJ she has complained about..giving him a 0 rating from a possible 0-5..is our very best and proven DJ. He's too good, too experienced, and too proven to have been equated with a 0 rating from anyone.

3) This particular client also admitted to us that prior to her wedding she met with one of her other Wedding vendors a total of 8 times.

4) Other than her negative review, we've not been in receipt of any other negative reviews in 59 reviews posted on Wedding Wire and The Knot. 99.9 % of wedding couples who hire us are super pleased and happy with our DJ service since 1976.

5) This particular bride..from our long time experienced stand point in our business...simply could not be pleased with anything we did..or could have done. We tried..but we could not please her. In the final analysis, she gave our best DJ a 0 rating..where as this same DJ routinely receives a 5 star rating week in and week out from hundreds of other happy and satisfied brides valley wide...

1+ year ago

A week before the wedding we were in need of a DJ. Thankfully we called Citron Sound, who hooked us up with Tony! He was so personable and energetic, an he was prompt and professionally dressed. So many guests commented on how quickly he responded to their requests. If I was in need of a DJ again, I would definitely call this company!

Services Used: DJ

Best DJ and MC in town!!!
Jimmy Davenport is a wonderful professional that pays attention to all the wedding details, he got together with us a few times before the wedding, he would always returned our calls and the communication via e-mail was great.
The day of the wedding he had everything in place, he looks at the ambiance of the room and that is the music he plays, you can hardly see people seating down everyone is on the dance floor having a wonderful time.
If I have another event definite I will contact Jimmy.
Thanks for everything.

Services Used: DJ

Ramsey at Citron Sound was the DJ for our wedding at Troon North Golf Club. I would highly recommend using Ramsey for your wedding. He was very professional from the moment that we met him. He makes you feel very confident that he will do a great job running everything at your wedding. When you have a planning meeting with him, he gives you a form that lets you know what songs you need to pick from the First Dance to Cake Cutting and everything else for the day. I felt confident that he had all of the songs that we wanted before our wedding. He played the songs that we asked for just as we wanted. We let Ramsey know that we wanted him to be in charge of keeping the party running smoothly and he did a great job at this. There was never a dull moment at our wedding. He made sure that people were out there dancing and entertained from speeches to cake cutting to our sparkler exit. Ramsey even looked out for us during dinner. He noticed that guests were coming up to our sweetheart table so that we weren't able to eat. He came over to us and asked if we wanted an announcement made that we would visit tables after we ate. Then we were able to enjoy our dinner. I am so glad that we used Citron Sound and Ramsey for our wedding. Everything went perfectly.

Services Used: DJ

Jimmy was so wonderful to work with during our wedding planning process! He had the best recommendations. Everything went so well during the wedding; that many of my friends and family commented how they wanted to reserve Jimmy for their wedding. I will definitely be recommending Jimmy for any future job!

Services Used: DJ

We had Dj Jimmy Davenport for our wedding reception and dance. He was AWESOME during the planning process- we had two personal sit down meetings with him regarding what we wanted for our wedding, and he was open to all of our wants and needs. We aren't a traditional sort of couple, and we skipped the introductions, garder toss, and all that stuff, and he still was able to engage EVERYBODY for the dance and kept the floor full of friends and family for the entire night. We had people on the dance floor until the very last song. All of our guests (even the grandparents!) commented that it was THE BEST party they'd been to. Period. If you have the chance to book Jimmy D, you won't regret it!

Services Used: DJ

Ramsey Bergeron from Citron Sound was fantastic! He had great suggestions and he understood exactly what we wanted for both our ceremony and our reception. He was extremely professional yet easy going and played a tremendous part in making our wedding truly unforgettable. Ramsey made sure everything went off without a hitch. I would highly recommend Citron Sound and Ramsey for your wedding. Citron is a bit more expensive than some of the other DJs around town but worth every penny and will not disappoint. Look no further!

Services Used: DJ

We could not have asked for a better DJ than Jimmy! He made our wedding the time of our life! All the guests from the wedding commented on how they have never seen a better DJ at a wedding! Professional, responsive, thorough and FUN!

Services Used: DJ

Jimmy Davenport was our DJ. He spent several hours with us in face to face meetings with questionnaires, lists, and all the checklists.. anything we would need to ensure our wedding captured everything we wanted.

We had several live musicians for our various activities during the wedding and Jimmy was completely prepared and the sound was great.

We hired Jimmy because we were absolutely confident he would handle anything that cam his way during the event and we would not have to worry about a thing! He felt like part of the family!