Christine, Your Seamstress

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine did an AMAZING job with my dress. I had a train cut off, and you would not even realize there had been one to begin with. We drove about 90 min, each way to use her services, and I do not regret it at all. Her rates were beyond reasonable, and her work was phenomenal. I already referred her to a friend who is getting married this fall.
Thanks Christine!
Alicia

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Services Used: Dress & Attire, Jewelry, Unique Services (Other)
pittielvr
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My dress was a major project and I'm so glad I went to Christine. She really knows what she is doing and was able to literally take apart my dress and make it fit my petite frame just right. I'm afraid what would have happened if I ended up anywhere else. She takes her time and does it right!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I recently just had my dress taken in by Christine as well as added a bustle to the dress for the reception and I couldn't be more than pleased! I was nervous considering my dress felt like it was barely hanging on me when I first brought it in but Christine did a fabulous job making it fit perfectly on my frame! Not only was her turn around quick, but after steaming my dress, she hung it on a cardboard dress form for safe keeping when she gave it back! I'm more than pleased with my choice to use her - her prices and services are phenomenal and if my bridesmaids need alterations, I know exactly where I will be going.

• Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't say enough great things about Christine! She made me a beautiful, custom chapel length veil! She will be doing my alterations later this summer, but I thought I'd write a review for the veil first, in case any brides are looking to have one made. I absolutely recommend her!

She was very easy to contact and at my appointment she perfectly matched my gown to one of the several types of tulle she stocks. She then produced a beautiful pearl and lace trim to match it. She expertly constructed the veil to my exact specifications, even hand sewing the lace to the edge. I could not be more pleased with the final product! It definitely exceeded my expectations and the price was absolutely phenomenal! You literally will not be able to beat her price for such a high quality veil.

She is very open to feedback and genuinely loves what she does. It's obvious that she just really wants to make you happy - which I definitely am! I can't wait to see my gown when she's finished!

Thanks again, Christine! Xo

• Wedding: 09/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine was pleasant and accommodating with my school schedule. The alterations are perfection and she truly transformed my vintage gown into something gorgeous and unique. I couldn't have asked for a better experience--go to Christine, you won't be sorry!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can not express enough gratitude to Christine for her thorough alterations to my wedding gown. She was incredibly detailed and explained every step of the process, leaving me at ease knowing my dress was in her hands. She is very personable and it was obvious that she enjoys what she does. The cost was also a lot less than what I had expected. Driving back to PA from upstate NY was well worth the time because of how wonderful my dress now looks. If you are in need of alterations, I would highly recommend Christine.

• Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine is an outstanding seamstress!!! Due to previous alteration issues to my wedding dress, Christine provided alterations which surpassed my expectations.. my dress is now AMAZING! Christine also made this nothing short of a miracle happen for me in just one week for a very affordable price.. I will be forever greatful for her talent, kindness and compassion. I definitely recommend her 100% she is the real deal ladies ;)

Christine, Your Seamstress responded with the following comments:

So happy to help you out! You looked amazing!

• Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was amazed at the work Christine had done on my wedding dress. She met with me for a free consultation, and three time afterward in order to make a dress about 4 sizes too large I bought off the rack look like it was fit perfectly for me. She takes her time and changes the slightest things at each appointment to make my dress look the best on me. She even detached all the lace on the bottom of my dress and moved it up to correct the length because she could not take it up any other way and retain the beauty of the intricate lace at the bottom. I highly recommend her work. She was so pleasant to work with and accommodating when a family event kept me from an appointment. I will be using her services whenever I need dress alterations!

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine did a fantastic job with altering my wedding dress and my matron of honor's dress. She is very well knowledgeable in her field and was able to do more with my dress without increasing in price. Very affordable and great work!

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine is incredible. By the time she was done with my dress, it fit me like a glove! I never would've dreamed my dress could possibly fit as good as it did after all of the alterations it needed. Christine is professional, flexible, and extremely talented. I absolutely 100% recommend her!

• Wedding: 05/26/2013
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My sister and I went to Christine to get our wedding gowns altered... At the same time.. For our pick up we had to shift around the dates due to my sister having wedding-related events occuring when we planned the pick-up, Christine was VERY flexable with that! I am super excited to see the beautiful bustle she did for me (I didn't need any other alterations, with the exception of some beads fixed and my modesty panel sewn back in)... She was great in explaining everything she was doing, and was sure we were happy before we left the fitting apointment!

• Wedding: 05/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine is the real deal-! She made my dress fit like a glove and knew by just looking at it what would need to be done to fit that way. I highly recommend her to ensure you are looking your best (and most confident!!) on your special day. I am still so impressed with how professional and efficient she was. Ladies: run (don't walk!) to Christine to ensure a quality fit.

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine was fantastic. I originally only needed a simple bustle. She explained to me how the costs worked and details on my options over the phone. She also agreed to work on my sister's dress too. When my appointment came, I threw her a curveball- I had an ankle injury which meant I now needed to wear flats and hem my dress several inches! I hadn't been able to warn her since it had just happened, and she kindly worked on my hem, the bustle, my sister's alterations all in our appointment. My work needed more time but she managed to get it all done in our first fitting. Her prices were fantastic, her work looked great, and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

• Wedding: 05/04/2013
Jamie Q.
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Enjoyed working with this vendor. Her prices can not be beaten for professional wedding seamstress work. A couple critiques: the bustle was buckling on my wedding dress and she couldn't make that better... this occurred after altering the top part of the dress. I wish she would have told me I should really swap it for the next size down instead of saying she could make either size work. That showed up in pictures prominently. The worst thing though is my dress would not bustle! The top layer did fine, but the bottom material was bustled in the middle but not on the sides. It looked ridiculous at the reception! I would have thought it was just me and we missed something (even though I took very detailed notes for the bustling from the appt)... until at my friend's wedding who also had her dress altered and bustled by this vendor had the very same issue - the bustling was all wrong and didn't work. Overall, a good job. I'd just make sure she allows you to bustle the dress yourself in front of her at least twice to make sure you won't have issues on that day.

Christine, Your Seamstress responded with the following comments:

Hello valued customer - I am very sorry you were less than 100% satisfied with my services. I make it a top priority to have every bride bring a helper to the final fitting to learn how to bustle the gown, and to have another set of eyes on the dress to ensure everything is right. I am not sure what went wrong but I do sincerely apologize.

• Wedding: 04/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I live in NYC but grew up in the area, where my wedding will be. I chose to have my alterations in PA because I thought that I would find a better quality tailor at a more affordable price. Upon meeting Christine, she immediately began to "analyze" my dress, and I could tell that she was going to be detailed-oriented. My dress has a lot of lace and sequins, and I anticipated that the alterations would be tricky. Christine used pinning to give me an idea of what she was going to do to my dress, which gave me great piece of mind. Each time I met with her, my gown got closer and closer to what I imagined--which is a fitted silhouette with a vintage style. Christine is professional, efficient, and always open to my feedback. Even though the travel back and forth from NYC was tiring, I would not have had it any other way. You will not regret your decision if you choose Christine as your seamstress. Thank you, Christine, for creating the perfect gown for my wedding day!

Christine, Your Seamstress responded with the following comments:

Thanks for your kind words and also for taking the time to review my services. I had so much fun working on your Watters WToo Gown. The beautiful fabric and styling of the gown made it a very fun project for me!!! It was also a pleasure meeting your parents!!! Thanks again, Christine

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Christine is amazing! She added the bustle I wanted into my dress, not the one that Alfred Angelo said was \"the only bustle for the dress\". She also reattached some beading that had come off, and seperated some beading from the underlayer of my dress that came that way from Alfred Angelo! Strongly suggested, I will return to Christine if I ever need alterations again!

• Wedding: 03/25/2013