Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast! We felt that their staff truly cared about making our wedding and honeymoon stay special. There are also a ton of fun things to do in the area! We went to a couple of wine-tastings (free passes provided by Chestnut Hill), and we had a blast! Chestnut Hill was our number one choice for our wedding venue, and we had no regrets! I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor setting for their ceremony and an overwhelmingly positive planning experience!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding date was May 16, 2015. I cannot say enough positive comments about Troy, Kathleen, and the whole staff at Chestnut Hill! Troy was amazing from my very first meeting with him. He listened to what kind of wedding I envisioned and my budget and offered spot on recommendations for all of the individual vendors I needed to get in contact with (Food, DJ, Florist, Cake). During the rehearsal Troy was very professional and thorough with the party letting everyone knew exactly what part they played! However, all of Troy's hard work explaining the process and lining everyone up by the beautiful fountain was ruined the next day by thunder showers. Despite the rain, Troy and Kathleen were well prepared with a contingency plan and ensured that my wedding went as smoothly as possible and that my guest stayed happy while having to move to under the tent. As far as the house and location, you cannot find a more beautiful spot!! The grounds are very well kept and the new additions to the walk way and tent saved my wedding! I highly recommend renting the house for the weekend if possible as the beautiful decor will make you feel like you are living in a fairy tale! We invited a few family members and friends to join us for drinks in the "groom's den" after our rehearsal dinner and everyone fell in love with the space. The breakfast served on Saturday and Sunday morning was to die for! Troy's cooking is just as wonderful as his hospitality! The whole experience was amazing and we can't wait to return for our anniversaries!

Private User
Recently Married

We chose Chestnut Hill one year before our wedding. At our initial meeting with Troy--he was awesome. We selected a smaller wedding package; but, as time passed, we realized we wanted a larger wedding. Troy did not miss a beat--he even provided alternative quotes. In the end, we reserved the Inn for our wedding party for the weekend of October 11-12. We were a rowdy bunch--staying up late on both nights. The entire staff was awesome and always available. Troy and my planners worked awesome together and Kathleen (his wife) helped with everything. The breakfasts were amazing. The venue was spectacular. Our wedding weekend was a blast. Every person that I came into contact with at the wedding said that Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast was perfect. Because of the venue's beauty, every photo was beautiful. I would recommend this B and B to anyone--wedding or weekend getaway.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day on Sept 6, 2014 at Chestnut Hill was everything my husband and I dreamed of and more. From our first visit to the venue, leading to our wedding day, we felt so supported by the staff, especially Troy. He was so focused on making sure that we got everything we desired and more. Our guests loved the venue and wedding as well.We are so grateful to the staff for all their hard work and will be coming back for anniversaries.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I say absolutely amazing I mean the best there has ever been. Troy, Kathleen and Lea did a wonderful job of bringing to life our plans and executing a fantastic wedding day! I am so grateful for all of their kindness and hospitality before, during and after our stay. If you are considering a venue that has it all and will be sure to get the job done Chestnut Hill is the place!!!!!! I would not trade my experience there for the world!!!!!!!!! My husband and I are glad to have gotten married on their grounds and proud to have had the wonderful experience with Chestnut Hill in General. We look forward to visiting in the near future to create more memories!!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Joseph
08/29/2014

We absolutely cannot say enough about Troy, Lea, and the entire staff of Chestnut Hill. They were just amazing from start to finish. You will feel like you are planning your wedding with a friend of many years. From the side note suggestions, to the hand holding answers they were there every step of the way. During the event it was like we have an event coordinator in our back pocket in case anything went wrong. They were there to ensure everyone knew where to be and when to be there. The stood off to the distance to guide the bridal party down the aisle at the proper pace. They were never more than a few steps away to ask a question, and with all that, never felt like they were in the way!
The venue, even more gorgeous on our wedding day than the pictures. The layout was exact and the reception tent with draperies was without words. Details were in place everywhere even down to the luxury marble/hardwood portable restrooms. The tent gave us ample room to comfortably walk around all of the tables that sat 150 of our guests. Troy and Lea were out of sight casting just enough shadow to ensure things ran smoothly.
Inside the bed and breakfast was something that will leave you speechless. Groomsman and I were extremely comfortable in the groomsman den downstairs. The television was large, room spacious, and the bar held the beverages in an upscale manor as I eased my nerves. Walking up each set of stairs the house just continued to get prettier. My bride and I stayed in the Suite on the second floor. With the large comfortable bed, dual sided fireplace and the Jacuzzi large enough to easily fit us both, we were more than at leisure once the evening ended. The next morning you are greeted by an easy 4 start breakfast as the team takes their time preparing an unforgettable first meal as bride and groom.
Hats off to the team at Chestnut Hill. We thank you for helping create an amazing and unforgettable evening as we shared our precious moment of marriage!

Leslie
08/29/2014

Wonderful venue and great people to work with!!! Everyone did their best to make sure the wedding and reception went off without any problems. Even when the caterers dropped the ball, the owners jumped in and helped. Troy, Kathleen and Lea Thank you!!!!

Heather
08/29/2014

Troy and his staff were amazing! They were there to make sure everything went perfect for our wedding. They returned phone calls ASAP and worked with us as we change our seating chart multiple times! The staff the next morning were promnt and made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you for such a memorable day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation
Jim
08/29/2014

Couldn't have been more happier with everything that was done!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

While the house and grounds are beautiful what is truly exceptional are the two individuals Kathleen and Troy who run the show. They go above and beyond to assure the most wonderful experience for a wedding. We were impressed with their responsiveness and communication and attention to details.As parents of the groom we hosted our rehearsal dinner there on Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. Our guests loved the venue and raved about how wonderful everything turned out. When planning the wedding after checking around we felt that the package offered by Chestnut Hill was a true value. Chestnut Hill is a true gem. It is beyond 5 stars. Thank you so very much for the memorable experience Kathleen and Troy.

Stephanie
08/16/2014

When I saw pictures of this venue I knew instantly that this is where I wanted to get married! If I was given the opportunity to do it all over again, I would STILL pick Chestnut Hill B&B: it was perfect in every way. The backdrop of the fountain and columns was breathtaking for the outdoor ceremony and the reception tent has the most gorgeous fabric liner and chandeliers. It was so convenient to have our entire wedding party stay together at the B&B for the entire weekend. The interior of the B&B has been beautifully decorated and the food was amazing! I really enjoyed staying in and getting ready in the bridal suite - it is very opulent. Troy and Kathleen went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable throughout the entire process, answered all of our questions and were a tremendous help to my in-laws who threw an incredible rehearsal dinner on the property. There was a convenient shuttle that was provided for our guests and there is a Comfort Inn within walking distance to the B&B. The wedding packages here include chairs, tables and linens, which minimizes the amount of vendors that you need to interface with on an individual basis. I highly recommend this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My son and daughter in law were marrried at Chestnut Hill; additionally, the bridal party stayed at the Inn for two nights. The entire weekend was perfect. Troy, Kathleen and the staff are amazing; they are both professional and friendly. Their suggestions during planning phase - as well as the day before were spot on. They take care of everything. The vendors listed on their web pages provide exceptional service. This was a first wedding for our families and we used vendors from their list; every aspect was handled. It truly was a well orchestrated event. I was a little concerned with the off-site parking for the wedding guests; it was well managed. Additionally, the overall value of Chestnut Hill actually made the event more economical than I first realized - we priced several local wineries - but the overall package at Chestnut Hill ended up being the best overall value for the money. I would highly recommend the location and Kathleen and Troy.

Sara
08/02/2014

I have been to a lot of venues, but this is by far the most beautiful wedding venue. My family and friends were so impressed. The breakfast and appetizers were amazing, and as a bride, I was usually busy during the afternoon appetizer, but someone would bring me a plate. I told them what I wanted for my ceremony and they made it happen. If I had to do it all over again, I would always pick chestnut hill B and B. You are truly made to feel like a princess!

Sara
08/02/2014

We picked Chestnut Hill B&B as our wedding venue. The best decision we made concerning our wedding was choosing the B&B and choosing the entire weekend option. Our immediate family each had a room in the B&B so we all arrived at 3pm Friday. The rooms were beautiful and our family was in awe of how perfect the grounds and house were maintained. We were served an appetizer (ribs) at 4 and they even delivered the ribs to my bridal suite so I could get ready for the rehearsal. The owners, Troy and Kathleen, were so helpful with making sure we had everything and covering anything we forgot (coolers). My husband and I met with them to go over our rehearsal and then Troy walked us through the rehearsal which had tons of bells and whistles. The morning of our wedding, they offered to give the grooms party to go baggies for breakfast since they were golfing. The rest of the family had the most delicious breakfast waiting that had courses!!! Once wedding time hit, Troy and Kathleen ran my wedding perfectly and made sure all went smoothly. On Sunday, we again had a perfect breakfast and the owners are so nice, you wish you had another day to hangout and talk.
The wedding planner, Lea, was so helpful leading up to the wedding and had diagrams, music listings, linens, table ware, all set out and ready to go. They even download all the music you use during your wedding so if you forget your music at home (we did), they already had it downloaded. Also, we forgot some things at the B&B in our rush to catch our flight. We just called the B&B and they mailed the cupcake stand to our cake lady, my stepdaughters glasses to her house, and searched diligently for pictures we lost.
It is as wonderful as you think it will be and so much more. If you want to feel special, impress family, feel like a princess, be pampered and have the wedding everyone says is the most beautiful they have ever been to, look no further!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Gigi
07/26/2014

Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast is elegance at its finest. I knew from the very first time we laid our eyes on the house this was THE place and ONLY place to have our wedding! The owners and staff at Chestnut Hill put us at ease for the biggest day of our lives from the very beginning of the planning process. They never made us feel as though we were asking too many questions. If anything, they welcomed our questions and concerns. They treated us like family! The day of our wedding they WERE our family! Kathleen, one of the owners even took our four-legged daughter, Paris for a walk!!!! Simply put Chestnut Hill was our "Paris" in the summer time. Thank You so much Troy, Kathleen and Lea for your professionalism, your responsiveness and most importantly, your quality of service. Chestnut Hill is in our opinion a Five Star Bed & Breakfast!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Chestnut Hill would be a perfect place to get married, whether you want a traditional wedding or are eloping. First, the owners, Troy and Kathleen, are the friendliest people you will ever meet. They work very hard to make sure their guests are fully satisfied during their stay. They took care of absolutely everything for our elopement. Also, the building and property is so beautiful, it was the perfect backdrop for our wedding. My husband and I are so happy with our choice to get married and Chestnut Hill. We are already planning to come back for our first anniversary. We recommend this B&B to everyone.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning