Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Chestnut Hill was an amazing venue, and the owners are wonderful people. Through the planning process, Troy would call periodically to check-in and see how things were going or if we needed anything. He always had recommendations for vendors when we needed them, and everyone he recommended was awesome. Then, once the planning was done, Troy and Kathleen showed us how truly above and beyond they were willing to go to create a perfect wedding.

As my MOH and I were travelling to Chestnut Hill, they called to check on our progress and even booked us dinner reservations at a local restaurant when we were running late. When a groomsman's truck broke down the day of the wedding, they arranged for a mechanic to meet him on-site at his hotel and take care of the repairs. This was all handled quietly and behind the scenes, so I didn't even know about it until it was done. They also helped my MOH arrange a very last minute, very huge detail that truly made our wedding ceremony perfect. And as if all of this weren't enough, they breakfasts will put any 5 star restaurant to shame. Kathleen is an amazing cook with unique and creative dishes that pleased even the pickiest of eaters. There are not enough positive words to completely describe our experience with Chestnut Hill, so simply amazing will have to do.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

Thanks Kathleen, Troy and Leona for keeping us on track for our wedding. When we were confused or got anxious, it was one of these spectacular people that put us right back on track. Not pushy, but very patient in dealing with all parties and always answered when we called. Never left a question unanswered.

The venue was phenomenal! Very beautiful setting for an outdoor or indoor wedding. We rented the B&B for the weekend and were served breakfast and ironing and other services as requested. Would recommend this venue to any couple wanting outstanding service with a smile.

Sarah
07/04/2015

This venue was a dream come true! Troy, Kathleen, Leona, and the entire team worked tirelessly to make sure our wedding went of without a hitch. The grounds are gorgeous, the reception tent was perfect, and our overnight stay at the B&B following the wedding was fantastic! We can't wait to come back for a visit on our anniversary!

Recently Married

My husband and I got married at Chestnut Hill last week, and it was absolutely perfect! Troy, Leona, Kathleen and the whole staff were so welcoming and flexible. They were so helpful throughout the whole planning process. O

Recently Married

A beautiful bed and breakfast to host our wedding! We had a few bumps due to them switching staff during our planning process. By the time we found the issues and brought them to their attention, they had already caught them and were fixing them! I will say all of our wedding party felt they went the extra mile to make sure everyone felt welcome and had/knew what the schedule was! I believe they any option anyone could ever ask for or want in a wedding! Very professional even in the worst situations!

Recently Married

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast! We felt that their staff truly cared about making our wedding and honeymoon stay special. There are also a ton of fun things to do in the area! We went to a couple of wine-tastings (free passes provided by Chestnut Hill), and we had a blast! Chestnut Hill was our number one choice for our wedding venue, and we had no regrets! I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor setting for their ceremony and an overwhelmingly positive planning experience!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding date was May 16, 2015. I cannot say enough positive comments about Troy, Kathleen, and the whole staff at Chestnut Hill! Troy was amazing from my very first meeting with him. He listened to what kind of wedding I envisioned and my budget and offered spot on recommendations for all of the individual vendors I needed to get in contact with (Food, DJ, Florist, Cake). During the rehearsal Troy was very professional and thorough with the party letting everyone knew exactly what part they played! However, all of Troy's hard work explaining the process and lining everyone up by the beautiful fountain was ruined the next day by thunder showers. Despite the rain, Troy and Kathleen were well prepared with a contingency plan and ensured that my wedding went as smoothly as possible and that my guest stayed happy while having to move to under the tent. As far as the house and location, you cannot find a more beautiful spot!! The grounds are very well kept and the new additions to the walk way and tent saved my wedding! I highly recommend renting the house for the weekend if possible as the beautiful decor will make you feel like you are living in a fairy tale! We invited a few family members and friends to join us for drinks in the "groom's den" after our rehearsal dinner and everyone fell in love with the space. The breakfast served on Saturday and Sunday morning was to die for! Troy's cooking is just as wonderful as his hospitality! The whole experience was amazing and we can't wait to return for our anniversaries!

Recently Married

We chose Chestnut Hill one year before our wedding. At our initial meeting with Troy--he was awesome. We selected a smaller wedding package; but, as time passed, we realized we wanted a larger wedding. Troy did not miss a beat--he even provided alternative quotes. In the end, we reserved the Inn for our wedding party for the weekend of October 11-12. We were a rowdy bunch--staying up late on both nights. The entire staff was awesome and always available. Troy and my planners worked awesome together and Kathleen (his wife) helped with everything. The breakfasts were amazing. The venue was spectacular. Our wedding weekend was a blast. Every person that I came into contact with at the wedding said that Chestnut Hill Bed and Breakfast was perfect. Because of the venue's beauty, every photo was beautiful. I would recommend this B and B to anyone--wedding or weekend getaway.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding day on Sept 6, 2014 at Chestnut Hill was everything my husband and I dreamed of and more. From our first visit to the venue, leading to our wedding day, we felt so supported by the staff, especially Troy. He was so focused on making sure that we got everything we desired and more. Our guests loved the venue and wedding as well.We are so grateful to the staff for all their hard work and will be coming back for anniversaries.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I say absolutely amazing I mean the best there has ever been. Troy, Kathleen and Lea did a wonderful job of bringing to life our plans and executing a fantastic wedding day! I am so grateful for all of their kindness and hospitality before, during and after our stay. If you are considering a venue that has it all and will be sure to get the job done Chestnut Hill is the place!!!!!! I would not trade my experience there for the world!!!!!!!!! My husband and I are glad to have gotten married on their grounds and proud to have had the wonderful experience with Chestnut Hill in General. We look forward to visiting in the near future to create more memories!!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Joseph
08/29/2014

We absolutely cannot say enough about Troy, Lea, and the entire staff of Chestnut Hill. They were just amazing from start to finish. You will feel like you are planning your wedding with a friend of many years. From the side note suggestions, to the hand holding answers they were there every step of the way. During the event it was like we have an event coordinator in our back pocket in case anything went wrong. They were there to ensure everyone knew where to be and when to be there. The stood off to the distance to guide the bridal party down the aisle at the proper pace. They were never more than a few steps away to ask a question, and with all that, never felt like they were in the way!
The venue, even more gorgeous on our wedding day than the pictures. The layout was exact and the reception tent with draperies was without words. Details were in place everywhere even down to the luxury marble/hardwood portable restrooms. The tent gave us ample room to comfortably walk around all of the tables that sat 150 of our guests. Troy and Lea were out of sight casting just enough shadow to ensure things ran smoothly.
Inside the bed and breakfast was something that will leave you speechless. Groomsman and I were extremely comfortable in the groomsman den downstairs. The television was large, room spacious, and the bar held the beverages in an upscale manor as I eased my nerves. Walking up each set of stairs the house just continued to get prettier. My bride and I stayed in the Suite on the second floor. With the large comfortable bed, dual sided fireplace and the Jacuzzi large enough to easily fit us both, we were more than at leisure once the evening ended. The next morning you are greeted by an easy 4 start breakfast as the team takes their time preparing an unforgettable first meal as bride and groom.
Hats off to the team at Chestnut Hill. We thank you for helping create an amazing and unforgettable evening as we shared our precious moment of marriage!

Leslie
08/29/2014

Wonderful venue and great people to work with!!! Everyone did their best to make sure the wedding and reception went off without any problems. Even when the caterers dropped the ball, the owners jumped in and helped. Troy, Kathleen and Lea Thank you!!!!

Heather
08/29/2014

Troy and his staff were amazing! They were there to make sure everything went perfect for our wedding. They returned phone calls ASAP and worked with us as we change our seating chart multiple times! The staff the next morning were promnt and made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you for such a memorable day!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Transportation
Jim
08/29/2014

Couldn't have been more happier with everything that was done!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

While the house and grounds are beautiful what is truly exceptional are the two individuals Kathleen and Troy who run the show. They go above and beyond to assure the most wonderful experience for a wedding. We were impressed with their responsiveness and communication and attention to details.As parents of the groom we hosted our rehearsal dinner there on Friday night and the wedding on Saturday. Our guests loved the venue and raved about how wonderful everything turned out. When planning the wedding after checking around we felt that the package offered by Chestnut Hill was a true value. Chestnut Hill is a true gem. It is beyond 5 stars. Thank you so very much for the memorable experience Kathleen and Troy.

Stephanie
08/16/2014

When I saw pictures of this venue I knew instantly that this is where I wanted to get married! If I was given the opportunity to do it all over again, I would STILL pick Chestnut Hill B&B: it was perfect in every way. The backdrop of the fountain and columns was breathtaking for the outdoor ceremony and the reception tent has the most gorgeous fabric liner and chandeliers. It was so convenient to have our entire wedding party stay together at the B&B for the entire weekend. The interior of the B&B has been beautifully decorated and the food was amazing! I really enjoyed staying in and getting ready in the bridal suite - it is very opulent. Troy and Kathleen went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable throughout the entire process, answered all of our questions and were a tremendous help to my in-laws who threw an incredible rehearsal dinner on the property. There was a convenient shuttle that was provided for our guests and there is a Comfort Inn within walking distance to the B&B. The wedding packages here include chairs, tables and linens, which minimizes the amount of vendors that you need to interface with on an individual basis. I highly recommend this venue!