CHEF MARISOLL CATERING
Delicious experiences for every occasion
400 Calaf Suite 370 San Juan PR 00918

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
One word, AMAZING! She helped me plan the menu and accommodated my wish of having some local flair (I highly recommend the yuca salad and the mahi mahi). The ceviche and empanada appetizers had so much flavor. Even the hummus and bread were to die for! Very nice and easy to work with. Her whole staff was great, leaving no one at the party without food or a drink in hand.
Wedding: 05/08/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Food was delicious and she had a perfect menu for our PuertoRican and Peruvian family in our destination wedding. She worked within our budget and I thought she was very affordable for what we were getting! Not to mention, planning was a true pleasure with her as she always always responded to emails within hours. Due to having such amazing reviews and to Mariosoll's professionalism, catering was an area that I was not worried about leading up to the wedding. Truly an AMAZING experience from beginning to end and it was a pleasure to have met her at the wedding!!! Everyone in our family raved about the food!
Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We feel so lucky to have found Chef Marisoll to cater for our wedding event. She was incredibly quick to respond to our requests and delivered exceptional food with the highest quality. All of my guests were impressed with how fresh, warm and delicious the food was. Simply put, the food is outstanding! Chef Marisoll is a very kind and warm person and her staff were incredibly professional. It was such a pleasure and privilege to have Chef Marisoll at our wedding. The best catering I have ever had…making it the best and most enjoyable night of our lives.
Wedding: 04/13/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Marisoll was perfect! She was extremely patient answering millions of questions and recalculating my estimate leading up to the wedding. We chose from her prepared menus and everything was delicious. My husband is a bit choosey about food, and he couldn't stop mentioning how delicious the fish was and how perfectly the steak was cooked. Rather than ordering a super pricey cake, we opted to have Chef do a dessert buffet. It was AWESOME. There was still a cake to cut, and I think it was soaked in amaretto. So. damn. tasty. There were also little brownies, cookies and cupcakes. It was perfect for our group and Chef Marisoll will be the perfect compliment to your wedding. Thank you Chef!!!
Wedding: 02/09/2014

vanessa 2 Reviews
My wedding took place May 11, at the beautiful Casa Olimpica in Old San Juan, PR. . I am from Florida and the whole "looking for destination wedding vendors" process really scared me as I wanted everything to be perfect!! I started planning everything quite early and I was extremely happy when I met with Chef Marisoll for a proposal. From the minute I met her I knew that her service was what I wanted. She values food quality, service, and presentation, and those 3 qualities were significant for my wedding dinner. She was very professional, punctual, and had a pleasant demeanor. I wanted a fancy sit down dinner, but was on a strict budget. Chef Marisoll was able to tailor to my needs. We kept in touch via email and she was very responsive and prompt. Chef Marisoll was able to accommodate the tasting at my aunts house on a separate occasion because I was on a tight schedule flying out that same day. Wedding day came and Everything was PERFECT. Hor D'oeuvres were exceptionally tasty and she saved us a plate while we took pictures. We chose surf and turf with a butter quash soup and scrumptious salad, and my guest were raving about it all night. The staff was very friendly. We utilized the bar service as well and had no complaints. I completely recommend Chef Marisoll to anyone seeking an extraordinary caterer! I am happy to have met this lovely team and look forward to using her services again when we renew our vows if not sooner. Thank you so much! and thank you for making my wedding day as perfect as it could be! My family says hello!=)
Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Marisoll was a pleasure to work with. Since my husband and I are both vegetarians, she worked with us on a wonderful menu that we could really enjoy while also providing our meat eaters with plenty of options. She is professional and attentive to her clients needs. We received great feedback from our guests on the food and her presentation was excellent. I highly recommend working with Marisoll and already recommended her to close friends.
CHEF MARISOLL CATERING responded with the following comments:
Thank so much, Sharon! It was a lovely wedding, and it was certainly my pleasure to serve you. I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed my services!

Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
You know those really picky people that have high standards when throwing parties? Well, that's me, and Chef Marisol FAR EXCEEDED my expectations!

From start to finish, Marisol was attentive and responsive and ON IT. Prior to the birthday party event, she made recommendations on a menu, asked me my budget, and did not try to push or oversell at all. Her prices are reasonable and when she arrived with the food, I was in awe. She was on time (waiting for me, actually), and brought a few nice live floral/plant decorations to ensure the food table was beautiful. Her food was FABULOUS. Tasty, natural, non-greasy. Everyone was raving about the food. And, there was much more there than I expected. The presentation was nice as well, and very professional. We could have fed 50% more people.

I highly recommend Marisol for any event. She takes personal interest to ensure the event goes well and the food was delicious. Don't hesitate - she's THE ONE.
Thank you Vivian!

It means the world to me to know your expectations were met and exceeded. The details you mention are things I do because I feel your party is my party! I do for you what I would do for my own guests. I'm so glad you liked it!

Wedding: 07/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Marisoll helped make our wedding cocktail hour and reception so amazing. People were going nuts over the food, and even as busy as I was, I made a point to sit down and taste as much as I could -- it was delicious! The three-bean salad, the yucca, the steak, fish, rice and beans... it was absolutely perfect. I only wish I had tried more of the cocktail appetizers but we were running around quite a bit! I really appreciate Marisoll's patience and flexibility throughout the planning process, and her help with thinking through things all around.
Maureen & Zachary:

I'm honored you chose me to be a part of your special moment, and I'm so happy you were able to enjoy my food yourselves! So many times the bride and groom are so caught up with the details they don't seem to have time to sit down and enjoy! I think you were very clever to make a point to stop and eat!

Thank you for your kind words. It was a true pleasure to serve you.

Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Marisol did a spectacular job on our wedding!! Marisol worked within our budget and provided us with everything we needed to have a classy beach backyard wedding. When I hired her I for some reason was expecting catering...but boy was I wrong...Marisol cooked onsite @ the house we rented and in our contract we req. 2 servers and a bartender, she brought more then two and they all did a super job making sure everyone was taken care of. If you are like us and are trying to plan a wedding in puerto rico I def. Recommend CHef Marisol. Everyone of my friends are still raving about the food and mojitos :-)
Thank you so much!

I honestly didn't know you were not aware I always cook on site! I like to be there, to be a part of your special moment. In my head, it is my party and your my guest of honor!

I'm glad your guests were happy with the food and cocktails. It was my pleasure to serve you.

Wedding: 03/25/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We found Chef Marisoll through our venue and could not have been happier with the service and above all, the FOOD! When we were planning our wedding, we placed a lot of emphasis on the food, especially doing a destination wedding, we wanted to make sure that we received the same, if not better, quality than we would have gotten at home in NYC. We were a difficult client, pushing Chef Marisoll to do a family style dinner which she does not typically do, and custom creating our menu from scratch (with MANY revisions). Chef Marisoll was always quick to respond, provided helpful suggestions, and was positive & friendly at every turn. And boy did she deliver! The food at our wedding was top notch - a live paella station, beef tenderloin, empanadas, and much more. We had a mix of american favorites with a latin twist. Our guests were raving about everything, including the presentation & service from the waitstaff who were very attentive throughout the evening. We are more than happy to share our exact menu with any couples because there is not a single thing we would do differently. We even had late night sliders (which were a huge hit) and Chef Marisoll went above and beyond with the presentation to put them in adorable NY times newspaper print wrappers as a throwback to our home town. It's those little touches that really make the difference when you are spending so much money and time on one evening. Make sure you request lamb chops!
Cristina:

It was a true pleasure to be able to bring a little bit of your hometown to your wedding. You were not a difficult client. You brought me back to why I do what I do: to make people happy through my food. To go through each item of the menu with you, and ensure each bite was exactly what you wanted, is what I'm all about. I'm very happy it all came out great for you and your guests!

Thank you for making me a part of your special day!

Wedding: 03/10/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We loved Marisoll & her staff! Our family & friends enjoyed all of the courses her prices were fair and negotiable. I found her to be very accommodating to dietary needs and no one left hungry! The food was spectacular, presentation was lovely and wait staff were friendly and professional. We are forever grateful.
CHEF MARISOLL CATERING responded with the following comments:
Vanessa, thank you for trusting me to make your day more memorable!

I'm so glad you and your guests were happy with my food and my service. That is always my goal, and it's nice to know I reached it!

Have a wonderful life together! See you at your Anniversary?

Wedding: 11/27/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Marisoll was great to work with. She was very professional and easy to work with.

The food tasted amazing and the portions were perfect.

I would recommend her 100%.
CHEF MARISOLL CATERING responded with the following comments:
Thank you, Lorena, for your kind words and recommendation!

It was a pleasure serving you and your guests.

Wedding: 06/11/2011

MrsMcCld 5 Reviews
Chef Marisoll was wonderful to work with. She responded quickly and was super flexible to our catering needs. Her pricing was very good. Everyone loved the food and kept complimenting all the dishes. Her staff was also terrific. I highly recommend her and would request her service again.
Thank you so much!

I'm thrilled you found my services enjoyable and that your guests were happy. It was a pleasure to serve you!

Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chef Marisoll provides the professionalism and great quality food that any event requires. My groom is a true foodie and was very picky with the quality of food he wanted served at our wedding. Once we saw Marisoll's menu- we knew we found the right person for the task. Her pricing is a bit higher than the rest, but I feel it is purely due to the quality and attention to detail she provides for each plate. Our appetizers during cocktail hour were to die for (Im not sure how she kept the fried shrimp with coco chilli dipping sauce so warm and crunchy?), and the buffet was impressive- The filet mignon and fish were cooked perfectly, never dry at all. The menu was a great blend of PR cuisine with a even a little California in there too.
All I can say, is if you have a great eye/taste for good quality food, then Marisoll's catering does not disappoint!
Thank you Aurea!

I aim to please any taste and/or budget, but the added challenge of meeting your high expectations was a thrill! I'm delighted you and your guests were pleased with my food and service.

Wedding: 02/20/2011

Private User 6 Reviews
Marisoll was AMAZING to work with. She was very responsive by email (and in English) in the months and weeks leading up to the event. She event sent emails and called to check up on me! She tailored a menu to my needs and budget, and provided delicious food for my mixed american/puerto rican guest list. Her staff was incredibly responsive during the event and seemed to know exactly what to do without being asked. I would hire her again in a second.
Gaby & Jenna:

I hope you are having a great time together. I enjoyed working with you and it was a great experience serving your wedding.

Thank you for your review, and for making a part of your special day!

Wedding: 2+ years ago
 787-518-3909
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire