Chateau La Mer

(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.7 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance and I had our engagement party at Chateau La Mer and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. I made my own centerpieces and favors using ideas I found on Pinterest. Lou let us drop everything off in advance so we wouldn't feel overwhelmed the night of the party. I also ordered custom table signs and business cards with our hashtag. On the night of the party, I arrived early to set up everything I had brought. To my surprise, the staff had already set everything up perfectly! The room looked beautiful! Their Christmas decorations served as a great backdrop for our photos. Tino was our maitre d and he was fantastic! He was so helpful throughout the night and overall just a great guy! I highly recommend requesting him if you are planning a party there.

On the night of the party, the bridal suite was filled with food and drinks, even though we were just having an engagement party. As our guests arrived, they were greeted with candy cane martinis. I have been to so many parties where it is obvious that the liquor is not top shelf. This was not the case at Chateau. I watched the bartenders take seals off of top shelf liquor bottles throughout the night. The bartenders worked hard and were extremely accommodating. They had no problem making all kinds of fun shots. Prior to the party, I met with Lou to select our menu. I asked him for advice about what he felt the best options were. I'm glad I did this because our guests raved about the food! Most importantly, the service was fantastic. The servers really kept an eye out for half filled drinks. They brought refills right to the dance floor for so many of our guests.

Overall, we were extremely happy with our experience. The food and drinks were great, the staff was hardworking and friendly, and the place was beautiful. Everyone had a great time! People keep telling us it was one of the most fun parties they've ever attended. Thank you, Chateau La Mer!

• Wedding: 08/12/2016
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I think I always knew I was going to get married at CLM! I use to tell people when my husband and I first started dating, that we would get married there! We worked with Lou the majority of the time as he was a BM. Lou was great to work with. He answered all of our questions, really made sure we were in good hands!

The night of the wedding we at Tino as the MD. Tino was great. Super attentive to me and husband, and made sure we always had what we wanted. My BA was great!

Everyone is STILL talking about how great of a wedding it was - from the food to the service!

• Wedding: 09/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chateau LA Mer is affordable, beautiful and professional for any event whether you are getting married, having a sweet 16 or whatever your occasion is. Our banquet manager Robert took excellent care of us from the time we decided to schedule our event to taking pictures of us at the very end of our night. Our bridal attendant Agnes was awesome and very mindful of our needs. Our guests loved the food, the ambiance and the staff. I would highly recommend anyone getting married to have their wedding here.

Kris and Nicole Muller

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rob was by far the most amazing person to have as my banquet manager. I worked in this business for a few years so I know how much work goes into everything, I also was part of many weddings. Rob made our wedding run so smooth I didn't even have to worry about anything. Between not knowing if the grooms mother was going to make it from out of the country until a few days before the wedding, all the way to making sure each and every guest was getting the best service possible he made sure I was not stressed or worrying about anything. The night went by so fast but it was so amazing. People are still talking about the food (quality and quantity) and how gorgeous the place was. Rob and his staff are not the type that are going to try to rip you off, they are straight forward and to the point. They will not hit you with hidden fees, when they quote you a per person amount, that is the amount no extra fees added at the end. Rob was very patient with me and not the pushy salesman type that I ran into with most of the banquet halls I looked at. He made me feel comfortable and not rushed (which is what I need). I was able to look at a few other venues and nothing compared to Chateau La Mer. If I could do it all over again I would and I would not change a thing!

Truly and honestly the best place to get married and make sure you ask for Rob!

• Wedding: 07/27/2014
Linda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chateau La Mer is a phenomenal catering hall sitting on the great south bay in Lindenhurst Long Island! Absolutely breathtaking views of the water and Fire Island in the distance. Bride and Groom arrive to cocktail hour on a boat! Rob was our banquet manager and Maitre D. Wonderful! He made sure we were taken care of and never hadf an empty glass! Our bridal attendant was Mya. She was fabulous! Whenever I needed something, Mya was right on top of it taking care of it! She thought of things that I didnt even know I needed! Our guests are still calling to let us know that the food was AMAZING!!! I would recommend this hall again and again! I cannot wait to attend another party at Chateau La Mer! Christine and Anthony June 29, 2014

• Wedding: 06/29/2014
Services Used: Catering
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Better late than never but my husband and I got married on one the most beautiful days in June and loved every minute of our wedding at CLM. Rob was our contact through the entire planning process and banquet manager the day of. He is great at his job and a very calming presence. We only went to 2 venues and came back to CLM because of the great view of the water and their twilight option of 2pm - 7pm. My husband was sold when Rob mentioned they would order in different varieties of beer for us if we wanted, which we did take advantage of!! I believe our bridal attendant was Olivia, who was also wonderful and at my side whenever I needed something. Making sure we sat to eat and always had a full drink waiting for us. Another special touch was that they added fresh flowers from our centerpieces to the cake, which made such a difference and I'm so grateful that they went above and beyond. We also had a guest arrive late and missed ordering dinner, Rob was on it before we even got his attention to take their dinner order. Only complaint I had (or more my family) was that apparently the AC broke in part of the room during the party. So where the dais and tables were was very warm but back by the bar was cold. We were told it was because the doors to the room kept opening and closing, which wasn't true. It really didn't affect our good time in the least, however it would have been nice to have a cold room with all the dancing going on! In the end, CLM did the right thing and compensated us for the lack of AC. I still get raves about the food, the amount and quality!! People from out of town thought our cocktail hour WAS the party, that's how amazing the cocktail hour spread is. We couldn't have asked for a better venue and staff for the most special day of our lives. Thank you CLM!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you want your wedding to be perfect, this is the venue. From the Robert the MatriD to my bridal attendant to the staff, they were amazing, helpful and if any problems rise up, they fix it.I had an amazing time, everything was perfect in my eyes.

• Wedding: 06/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING AMAZING Venue!! Everything was perfect and the day was so smoothly. They have an amazing staff at the Chateau La Mer. We booked with Lou who was very accomodating and our Matre D was Tino who was there every second of the day to make sure the day was everything we have wished for. The food just kept on coming and was delicious. Our guests have told us it's the best wedding they have ever went to, they couldn't believe all the food and how excellent everything was. The waiters and waitresses were right on top of it all night long. The bridal attendent Laura was so sweet and anything we needed she was right there to make it happen. Our boat ride into our cocktail hour i will never forget, we felt really important that day and it was one of the best days of our lives. The atmosphere was perfect, palm trees, sunset over the water and a beautiful spring/summer day we want to go back in time and relive the day that's how much fun we had. Thank you again for such an amazing day we couldn't have done it without the entire staff and owner of Chateau La Mer!! If you choose this venue you will not be dissapointed, i promise!!

• Wedding: 05/31/2014
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I had my event 5/26/14. Lou, our banquet manager was THE BEST!!! From day 1 he worked with us and was very upfront about everything. He was always available when we needed him. He gave us great advice regarding ideas we had. My only complaint would be that our ceremony did not start as scheduled (630pm SHARP) and no one could tell me why. Both my groom and I were on time and ready so I didn't know what the hold up was. Despite that, I would definitely recommend Chateau La Mer as a venue!!! We received several compliments on the food, drinks, and look of the venue. People have even told us we had the best wedding they've been to. Thank you Lou and staff for making that possible!!!

• Wedding: 05/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got married to my love on May 25. Chateau la Mer was absolutely stunning and beautiful. The weather was perfect and the boat arrival was to die for. Our guests truly had a great time. Monica, the maître'd was so attentive and kept me calm and collected. Our guests had a such a great time!! Thanks Chateau la Mer!!!

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Carly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chateau La Mer was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was perfect and the view on the water was to die for. My maître'd, Monica was so on point and made sure that we were all on schedule. She was very attentive and ensured that my husband and I were happy throughout the day. The staff was very professional. Lou, my banquet manager was very helpful. He made sure to answer any questions that I had. All of my guests had a great time during the wedding and I couldn't ask for more in a venue.

• Wedding: 05/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ ALL THE WORDS THAT I WILL WRITE WILL DO NO JUSTICE TO THE AMAZING AMBIANCE AND WORKERS AT CHATEAU LA MER!!! IT IS THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE AND ROBERT DRAGO, OH LORD...THAT MAN IS OUR FRIEND, BANQUET MANAGER AND WAS MY MATRE D, FOR OUR BIG DAY!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ONE LIKE HIM THERE!!!! WE WORRIED ABOUT NOTHING!!!!! YOU TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT, SHOW HIM THE VISION, AND HE MAKES THE IMPOSSIBLE, POSSIBLE!! HE IS MY VERY OWN DAVID TUTERA IN LONG ISLAND!! YOU MUST REQUEST HIM, ALL MY 175 GUEST WERE BLOWN AWAY BY THE BOND WE HAVE, IN JUST A FEW MONTHS!!!! THEY THOUGH WE HAVE BEEN FRIENDS FOREVER!!! WE LOVE YOU ROBERT AND WE ABSOLUTELY ADORE CHATEAU LA MER AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!! FOOD A++++, WATER VIEW A+++++, YATCH A+++++, EVERYTHING AAAAAAA++++++++!!!!! LOVE ALWAYS JONIEL&CARL 5.17.14

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Professionalism: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

I got married 5/16/14. They were terrible. The staff was rude and cursing, very unprofessional. They lost eletric half way thru my wedding and did not recover power for over 2 hours. While this happened no one could be found. No one came up to myself or my bride or parents to explain anything to us. I would not recommend them to any one. They were absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!

• Wedding: 05/16/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone was super nice and helpful!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Dress & Attire
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Me and my husband had the greatest experience for our wedding. I did a lot of research and we came to chateau. Our maître d Rob was unbelievable and my bridal attendant Katie was great! The food was outstanding and all our guests are still talking about the wedding and the venue. Every couple should at least look at Chateau La Mer. You might fall in love, I know we did.

• Wedding: 02/21/2014
Services Used: Catering
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We couldn't ask for anything more! Everything went perfect. From my matrie D to the bridal assistant..we didn't have any complaints on anything. View was beautiful, I would want to do it all over again!

• Wedding: 09/21/2013