Chateau La Mer

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

My fiance and I had our engagement party at Chateau La Mer and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. I made my own centerpieces and favors using ideas I found on Pinterest. Lou let us drop everything off in advance so we wouldn't feel overwhelmed the night of the party. I also ordered custom table signs and business cards with our hashtag. On the night of the party, I arrived early to set up everything I had brought. To my surprise, the staff had already set everything up perfectly! The room looked beautiful! Their Christmas decorations served as a great backdrop for our photos. Tino was our maitre d and he was fantastic! He was so helpful throughout the night and overall just a great guy! I highly recommend requesting him if you are planning a party there.

On the night of the party, the bridal suite was filled with food and drinks, even though we were just having an engagement party. As our guests arrived, they were greeted with candy cane martinis. I have been to so many parties where it is obvious that the liquor is not top shelf. This was not the case at Chateau. I watched the bartenders take seals off of top shelf liquor bottles throughout the night. The bartenders worked hard and were extremely accommodating. They had no problem making all kinds of fun shots. Prior to the party, I met with Lou to select our menu. I asked him for advice about what he felt the best options were. I'm glad I did this because our guests raved about the food! Most importantly, the service was fantastic. The servers really kept an eye out for half filled drinks. They brought refills right to the dance floor for so many of our guests.

Overall, we were extremely happy with our experience. The food and drinks were great, the staff was hardworking and friendly, and the place was beautiful. Everyone had a great time! People keep telling us it was one of the most fun parties they've ever attended. Thank you, Chateau La Mer!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I think I always knew I was going to get married at CLM! I use to tell people when my husband and I first started dating, that we would get married there! We worked with Lou the majority of the time as he was a BM. Lou was great to work with. He answered all of our questions, really made sure we were in good hands!

The night of the wedding we at Tino as the MD. Tino was great. Super attentive to me and husband, and made sure we always had what we wanted. My BA was great!

Everyone is STILL talking about how great of a wedding it was - from the food to the service!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chateau LA Mer is affordable, beautiful and professional for any event whether you are getting married, having a sweet 16 or whatever your occasion is. Our banquet manager Robert took excellent care of us from the time we decided to schedule our event to taking pictures of us at the very end of our night. Our bridal attendant Agnes was awesome and very mindful of our needs. Our guests loved the food, the ambiance and the staff. I would highly recommend anyone getting married to have their wedding here.

Kris and Nicole Muller

Linda
07/27/2014

Rob was by far the most amazing person to have as my banquet manager. I worked in this business for a few years so I know how much work goes into everything, I also was part of many weddings. Rob made our wedding run so smooth I didn't even have to worry about anything. Between not knowing if the grooms mother was going to make it from out of the country until a few days before the wedding, all the way to making sure each and every guest was getting the best service possible he made sure I was not stressed or worrying about anything. The night went by so fast but it was so amazing. People are still talking about the food (quality and quantity) and how gorgeous the place was.
Rob and his staff are not the type that are going to try to rip you off, they are straight forward and to the point. They will not hit you with hidden fees, when they quote you a per person amount, that is the amount no extra fees added at the end.
Rob was very patient with me and not the pushy salesman type that I ran into with most of the banquet halls I looked at. He made me feel comfortable and not rushed (which is what I need). I was able to look at a few other venues and nothing compared to Chateau La Mer.
If I could do it all over again I would and I would not change a thing!

Truly and honestly the best place to get married and make sure you ask for Rob!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chateau La Mer is a phenomenal catering hall sitting on the great south bay in Lindenhurst Long Island! Absolutely breathtaking views of the water and Fire Island in the distance. Bride and Groom arrive to cocktail hour on a boat! Rob was our banquet manager and Maitre D. Wonderful! He made sure we were taken care of and never hadf an empty glass! Our bridal attendant was Mya. She was fabulous! Whenever I needed something, Mya was right on top of it taking care of it! She thought of things that I didnt even know I needed! Our guests are still calling to let us know that the food was AMAZING!!! I would recommend this hall again and again! I cannot wait to attend another party at Chateau La Mer!
Christine and Anthony
June 29, 2014

Services Used: Catering

AMAZING AMAZING Venue!! Everything was perfect and the day was so smoothly. They have an amazing staff at the Chateau La Mer. We booked with Lou who was very accomodating and our Matre D was Tino who was there every second of the day to make sure the day was everything we have wished for. The food just kept on coming and was delicious. Our guests have told us it's the best wedding they have ever went to, they couldn't believe all the food and how excellent everything was. The waiters and waitresses were right on top of it all night long. The bridal attendent Laura was so sweet and anything we needed she was right there to make it happen. Our boat ride into our cocktail hour i will never forget, we felt really important that day and it was one of the best days of our lives. The atmosphere was perfect, palm trees, sunset over the water and a beautiful spring/summer day we want to go back in time and relive the day that's how much fun we had. Thank you again for such an amazing day we couldn't have done it without the entire staff and owner of Chateau La Mer!! If you choose this venue you will not be dissapointed, i promise!!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)
Carly
05/25/2014

I got married to my love on May 25. Chateau la Mer was absolutely stunning and beautiful. The weather was perfect and the boat arrival was to die for. Our guests truly had a great time. Monica, the maître'd was so attentive and kept me calm and collected. Our guests had a such a great time!! Thanks Chateau la Mer!!!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

Chateau La Mer was absolutely gorgeous. The weather was perfect and the view on the water was to die for. My maître'd, Monica was so on point and made sure that we were all on schedule. She was very attentive and ensured that my husband and I were happy throughout the day. The staff was very professional. Lou, my banquet manager was very helpful. He made sure to answer any questions that I had. All of my guests had a great time during the wedding and I couldn't ask for more in a venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^ ALL THE WORDS THAT I WILL WRITE WILL DO NO JUSTICE TO THE AMAZING AMBIANCE AND WORKERS AT CHATEAU LA MER!!! IT IS THE ABSOLUTE GREATEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE AND ROBERT DRAGO, OH LORD...THAT MAN IS OUR FRIEND, BANQUET MANAGER AND WAS MY MATRE D, FOR OUR BIG DAY!!! THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO ONE LIKE HIM THERE!!!! WE WORRIED ABOUT NOTHING!!!!! YOU TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT, SHOW HIM THE VISION, AND HE MAKES THE IMPOSSIBLE, POSSIBLE!! HE IS MY VERY OWN DAVID TUTERA IN LONG ISLAND!! YOU MUST REQUEST HIM, ALL MY 175 GUEST WERE BLOWN AWAY BY THE BOND WE HAVE, IN JUST A FEW MONTHS!!!! THEY THOUGH WE HAVE BEEN FRIENDS FOREVER!!! WE LOVE YOU ROBERT AND WE ABSOLUTELY ADORE CHATEAU LA MER AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!! FOOD A++++, WATER VIEW A+++++, YATCH A+++++, EVERYTHING AAAAAAA++++++++!!!!! LOVE ALWAYS JONIEL&CARL 5.17.14

Private User
1+ year ago

Everyone was super nice and helpful!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Me and my husband had the greatest experience for our wedding. I did a lot of research and we came to chateau. Our maître d Rob was unbelievable and my bridal attendant Katie was great! The food was outstanding and all our guests are still talking about the wedding and the venue. Every couple should at least look at Chateau La Mer. You might fall in love, I know we did.

Services Used: Catering

We couldn't ask for anything more! Everything went perfect. From my matrie D to the bridal assistant..we didn't have any complaints on anything. View was beautiful, I would want to do it all over again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

For those who don't want to read this detailed review: just know you want to get married at Chateau La Mer. It will be the best decision you make pertaining to your wedding. It's a gorgeous place, run by an amazing staff and the food is AWESOME!

For those who like details, there are more on my yelp because wedding wire limits you to 2000 characters. But here you go!:)

I got married at Chateau La Mer on 9/8/13. It was more perfect than I could have EVER asked for. From start to finish the experience with them was out of this world. Lou was my banquet manager and main contact throughout the planning and he was absolutely WONDERFUL! He was helpful, honest, reassuring, accommodating and he also happens to be very funny. During the planning, any request we made was met without hesitation, they really know what they are doing and how to treat a people. I also had the pleasure of dealing with Tino & Robert during the planning; both were just as amazing. They are an extremely busy establishment; always had a party going on, but somehow we never felt rushed. They always took the time to talk and get personal and friendly. So after all of the planning the day was finally here. Upon arrival we found out Tino was our Maître D (yay for that!) and Katie was our bridal attendant (what a Gem). The day was so smooth; they were so attentive it was ridiculous. Katie is truly an angel. She was like a magician always around at the perfect time waiting to provide us what we want or need! Tino made sure everything was running on time, he was assertive but loving just the same. He knows what he is doing and when we were unsure he guided us in the right direction.

During and after the wedding all of our guests were raving about it, everyone couldn't believe how gorgeous the place was and how AMAZING the food is and how the service was stellar.

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend this place to ANYONE for anything LOL. I really hope that I can one day attend someone’s wedding as a guest.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What can i say. I got married at Chateau La Mer Aug 25, 2013 and i must say i have not heard one bad thing about my wedding. The food was absolutely incredible. If you are looking for a place that has great food then you have found it. The view of the hall is amazing right on the water. I had the first floor hall which gives you the option for outdoor and indoor cocktail. I must say everything was perfect. My matre d was so great. She was there with me helping me out throughout everything. The only thing that went wrong was the mix up with the table numbers and it caused my husbands family to sit one table further away from us. It was a little upsetting to see that they mixed up the table numbers. But other than that i had not one bad thing to say about the place. I would so highly recommend anyone to go there and check it out. The cake was delicious and there was not one thing that was wrong with it. I wish they would have given my the remainder of the cake but they only give you the top part to take home. As for food everything was delicious. They gave us our main dish to take home since we barely ate.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Chateau La Mer did an exceptional job for our wedding day!! Rob and Laura made sure we were taken care of all night long. They were wonderful in every way.

We had perfect weather, and were lucky enough to be able to come to our cocktail hour on the boat--such a fun experience that everyone loved. We were in the Bayview Room upstairs during the sunset, and it looked beautiful setting as we made our entrance. 125 people sat upstairs with a photo booth very comfortably! We are so glad we chose Chateau!

Our guests all spoke about how wonderful the entrees were, the seafood station at the cocktail hour, and the amazing Viennese Hour. The seafood station was unbelievable! So many lobsters, crab legs, and shrimp--I wish I had more time to spend there. Our guests definitely enjoyed it! The Viennese hour was so much fun--almost anything you could possibly think of for dessert-was there, and friends and family walked away with bags of candy. The giant apple pie flambé was my favorite!

Chateau La Mer, Rob, and Laura made our wedding day--everything we wanted and so much more!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Love, Holly & Vito

Private User
1+ year ago

Our wedding at Chateau La Mer was absolutely perfect. Our Bridal Attendant, Heather, was amazing! She took care of anything and everything we needed, from safety pins to drinks to gathering everyone for pictures. Our Maitre D', Rob, was fantastic, we are so grateful to have been able to work with Rob on our wedding day. He made sure everything was taken care of and that we didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guests had a great time and raved about the quantity and quality of the food. We are so glad we chose Chateau La Mer as our wedding venue! Thank you Heather & Rob for an amazing wedding day!