Reviews (60)
Flexibility:
 (4.7/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 2 Reviews
Everyone was super nice and helpful!
Wedding: [Private]
Services Used: Dress & Attire
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We couldn't ask for anything more! Everything went perfect. From my matrie D to the bridal assistant..we didn't have any complaints on anything. View was beautiful, I would want to do it all over again!
Wedding: 09/21/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
For those who don't want to read this detailed review: just know you want to get married at Chateau La Mer. It will be the best decision you make pertaining to your wedding. It's a gorgeous place, run by an amazing staff and the food is AWESOME!

For those who like details, there are more on my yelp because wedding wire limits you to 2000 characters. But here you go!:)

I got married at Chateau La Mer on 9/8/13. It was more perfect than I could have EVER asked for. From start to finish the experience with them was out of this world. Lou was my banquet manager and main contact throughout the planning and he was absolutely WONDERFUL! He was helpful, honest, reassuring, accommodating and he also happens to be very funny. During the planning, any request we made was met without hesitation, they really know what they are doing and how to treat a people. I also had the pleasure of dealing with Tino & Robert during the planning; both were just as amazing. They are an extremely busy establishment; always had a party going on, but somehow we never felt rushed. They always took the time to talk and get personal and friendly. So after all of the planning the day was finally here. Upon arrival we found out Tino was our Maître D (yay for that!) and Katie was our bridal attendant (what a Gem). The day was so smooth; they were so attentive it was ridiculous. Katie is truly an angel. She was like a magician always around at the perfect time waiting to provide us what we want or need! Tino made sure everything was running on time, he was assertive but loving just the same. He knows what he is doing and when we were unsure he guided us in the right direction.

During and after the wedding all of our guests were raving about it, everyone couldn't believe how gorgeous the place was and how AMAZING the food is and how the service was stellar.

I highly, HIGHLY, recommend this place to ANYONE for anything LOL. I really hope that I can one day attend someone’s wedding as a guest.
Wedding: 09/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What can i say. I got married at Chateau La Mer Aug 25, 2013 and i must say i have not heard one bad thing about my wedding. The food was absolutely incredible. If you are looking for a place that has great food then you have found it. The view of the hall is amazing right on the water. I had the first floor hall which gives you the option for outdoor and indoor cocktail. I must say everything was perfect. My matre d was so great. She was there with me helping me out throughout everything. The only thing that went wrong was the mix up with the table numbers and it caused my husbands family to sit one table further away from us. It was a little upsetting to see that they mixed up the table numbers. But other than that i had not one bad thing to say about the place. I would so highly recommend anyone to go there and check it out. The cake was delicious and there was not one thing that was wrong with it. I wish they would have given my the remainder of the cake but they only give you the top part to take home. As for food everything was delicious. They gave us our main dish to take home since we barely ate.
Wedding: 08/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chateau La Mer did an exceptional job for our wedding day!! Rob and Laura made sure we were taken care of all night long. They were wonderful in every way.

We had perfect weather, and were lucky enough to be able to come to our cocktail hour on the boat--such a fun experience that everyone loved. We were in the Bayview Room upstairs during the sunset, and it looked beautiful setting as we made our entrance. 125 people sat upstairs with a photo booth very comfortably! We are so glad we chose Chateau!

Our guests all spoke about how wonderful the entrees were, the seafood station at the cocktail hour, and the amazing Viennese Hour. The seafood station was unbelievable! So many lobsters, crab legs, and shrimp--I wish I had more time to spend there. Our guests definitely enjoyed it! The Viennese hour was so much fun--almost anything you could possibly think of for dessert-was there, and friends and family walked away with bags of candy. The giant apple pie flambé was my favorite!

Chateau La Mer, Rob, and Laura made our wedding day--everything we wanted and so much more!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Love, Holly & Vito
Wedding: 08/17/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

YSMartz_13 6 Reviews
It was such a great experience! Every bit of my wedding was a hit and everyone keeps raving that it was the best wedding they have been to. The food was amazing and the staff was great. A very big thank you to Lou, Rob and Kattie for all their help. I hope to visit again.
Wedding: Recently Married

Private User 9 Reviews
Our wedding at Chateau La Mer was absolutely perfect. Our Bridal Attendant, Heather, was amazing! She took care of anything and everything we needed, from safety pins to drinks to gathering everyone for pictures. Our Maitre D', Rob, was fantastic, we are so grateful to have been able to work with Rob on our wedding day. He made sure everything was taken care of and that we didn't have to worry about a thing. Our guests had a great time and raved about the quantity and quality of the food. We are so glad we chose Chateau La Mer as our wedding venue! Thank you Heather & Rob for an amazing wedding day!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We chose CLM after visiting about ten venues.We loved their deck with the palm trees and the venue was beautiful.We dealt with Rob and Lou and in my opinion both were awesome!The wedding day the sun was out,people were ready to party and CLM didn't disappoint.Everything from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception was better than we had imagined.The food throughout the night was great as it always is at CLM.(Ive been to CLM for other weddings) My guests loved the bartenders and the bar was packed most of the night.My only complaint is that their chocolate machine broke and I guess they didn't have a backup,but we did get a dinner gift card to makeup for the mistake which we appreciated.Could not ask for a better wedding vendor in my opinion.WE have been to many weddings and most other places don't do it as well as CLM.Thanks CLm for great day!!
Wedding: 06/15/2013
4.4/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We worked with Lou from Chateau La Mer. He was nice but not incredibly "bride friendly" especially during those stressful times. He jokes a lot and when you need a sensitive ear, he does not help. However, his assistant Tracy is an angel--thank God for her:). He also does not use email, which is very annoying. But Lou did his best. They work as a good team. All in all we were happy with our Chateau La Mer. I really wanted to be on the water and you really can't beat the views and the beauty at Chateau. I was slightly disappointed by their time management the day of our wedding. We felt rushed to do everything. Rushed to get to the boat, rushed to do cake, etc. I wish they would have kept us on track more. We were 1/2 hour late being announced to our reception. That is 1/2 hr of dance time! The food is unbelievable, from what I can remember. My bridal attendant saved the night on several occasions. If you book at Chateau, ask for Laura. She is a Saint!!! And I am so grateful for her.
Wedding: 06/09/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chateau was amazing!!! Everything we wanted and more!!! My bridal attendant Heather was perfect!!! She was there every time I turned around and needed her and better yet she was always there for my mom too!!! Robert our ma tradie was amazing also!! Him and heather even got red sauce out of my dress during cocktail hour!!!! All in all I couldn't have asked for more ... From a perfect ceremony great food and an incredible staff!!! Thank you chateau la Mer!!!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where do I begin. The staff at Chateau La Mer was a pleasure to work with. They answered all questions and returned phone calls immediately. The venue was gorgeous. A definite for someone who wants the beach feel but can't do it. I felt like I was on an island with the palm trees. The food was amazing!!! I would definitely recommend them. You won't regret it!!
Wedding: 05/26/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Chateau la Mer helped me to run a great wedding reception. Although there were a few bumps throughout the night, their staff was very attentive to me and my guests and provided us all with a great service. The service was great, but the food was also delicious!
Wedding: 05/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There are only two words to describe our wedding at Chateau La Mer as well as the extraordinary treatment from all of the staff: Absolute Perfection!! What girl does not dream of a fairy-tale wedding, with a beautiful water view on a gorgeous day at a magnificent venue? I sure did.
Initially what led me to Chateau La Mer was of course the beauty of it. Sitting on a quiet street with a breathtaking view, it was quite the sight to be seen. The next thing that impressed me was the amount of food included in their price; which was spoken about for hours and hours by our guests. Not only is the quantity of food incredible, but the quality of food is out of this world. Guest upon guest would come up to my husband and I on our big day, saying "Oh my goodness! There is so much food!! AND it's delicious!!" Compliment after compliment came from one friend or family member to another. "Gorgeous", "breathtaking", "delicious", and "Intoxicating" (no pun intended) - were among the compliments we received.
Robert Drago - our Maitre' D was out of this world!! Step by step, moment by moment, he was constantly calming any worries or concerns I had [and trust me, I am most a definitely a worry-wart]. Fortunately for me, Rob was my first-contact at Chateau La Mer. From the moment I met him, he assured me "Christina, this day is about you and your husband. I'm here to make your dreams come to life" and he absolutely did, beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I've been to big fancy venues with stiff staff who merely does what's necessary. Throughout the entire process from beginning to end, Rob was there. He truly went above and beyond his job duties. He knows the difference between business and personality and trust me when I say- there was a lot of personality at our wedding. In every specific and detailed aspect of the wedding from financial questions, to decor issues, to concern of certain guests and my desperate need for red-bull after such a long day- Rob was there.
Wedding: 04/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I am writing a review for Robert Drago, the bm at Chateu Le Mer...Robert was my bm when I booked and began planning my wedding at Giorgios. Let me start off by saying that when I first met Rob, I was "just looking" at the venue, with no intentions on booking..Robert was absolutely AMAZING...he walked me through what the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception would be like, we discussed options, and he assured me that he would help me out every step of the way. Needless to say I booked and planned a wedding within 6 months!! Planning the wedding of my dreams was an absolute pleasure, because Rob was true to his word and was there to help me anyway he could, even after he was no longer working at my venue. He went above and beyond from day 1. All of the other vendors that he recommended to me were spot on! From the dj to the photographer, he knows who is the best of the best in the business. Rob made my fiance and I feel like we were old friends...he doesn't make you feel like a client like many people in the wedding business do. There really aren't enough fabulous things I can say about Robert Drago. I had the wedding of my dreams and he is the one who made it all possible. If you are lucky enough to have him as your bm, you can be sure that he will go out of his way to make sure your day is perfect!! Also, make sure you take all of his suggestions, because he knows his stuff! We love you Rob!! xo Krystal and Bobby Vilardi
Wedding: 03/30/2013
Services Used: Wedding Planning

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Everything was done exactly how I asked! It was perfect and our bridal attendant - I think her name was Katie - was amazing!! A+++
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.5/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This reception venue was worth every penny. All of the guests were offered a second entrée and their service was unbelievably amazing. I had an Aunt who could not climb stairs and they carried her up and down the stairs without a second thought. They made many exceptions for us to make our evening extra special. If there were any problems, they fixed it right away. I look forward to having another event there!
Wedding: 12/14/2012