Chamard Vineyards

• Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Professionalism: 0.5
  • Value: 0.5
  • Flexibility: 0.5

Sour Grapes! Save yourself the trouble, ladies.

Chamard Vineyard was our choice for wedding venue. We went for a tour and tasting, loved the wine cellar, and booked immediately. Three months before our wedding there was a shady change of personel (of which we were never notified) and suddenly the director of sales, Bridget, decided that the contract and written word from the previous events coordinator didn't stand. The vineyard decided to open a "bistro" in the middle of the building we had privately rented for our event, and then said we could no longer use the catering kitchen that we were promised. After spending two months researching and booking our caterer, photographer, florist, officiant, buying invitations, etc, we had to start from scratch. They more or less threw our deposit back into our faces and told us they were not going to budge on our wedding day, even though we had been promised a private event in the estate winery building. The management is rude, dishonorable, wouldn't respond to either my or my father's phone calls, and clearly has a different definition of what it means to conduct themselves professionally. I even received a personal email from the general manager, Jeff Vernon, saying that despite their behavior, they gave back our deposit so we should feel that was sufficient. Anyone planning a wedding here should run the other way. I'm appalled by their behavior towards my family and myself.

Don't patronize a business such as this.

• Wedding: 06/15/2012
Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
860-664-0299
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
0.5