Ceremonies by Bruce

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Private User 1 Reviews
Bruce Stephens did a great job performing our recent wedding ceremony. We could not have asked for more. Very professional. It was really our pleasure meeting Bruce and will strongly recommend his services to all.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We married on the beach in La Jolla where we wanted a nonreligious, but lightly spiritual ceremony with whimsy and joy and a little bit of laughter.

I was thrilled that Bruce was the perfect officiant for the wedding. We couldn't have imagined anyone better.
My mother came through with the highest praise: that Bruce was so genuinely happy and natural with the group that guests mistook him for a family member. In every picture during the ceremony, Bruce is up there smiling.

Bruce was easy-going, professional and flexible and he provided a fantastic package to get us started on designing the ceremony that we wanted. We ended up making small modifications to a template that he recommended.

We highly recommend him as an officiant, and enjoyed him as a person.
Wedding: 02/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce did an amazing job. From the moment we first discussed the wedding all the way to the ceremony itself, he was terrific. He has a great booklet to help prepare the wedding vows and program and he can handle any kind of ceremony and vows.

He was professional and has a great speaking voice and overall presence but he also has a deep and sincere way about him and a real feeling of caring for his clients. He also has a calm and relaxing way about him that came in handy for sure on our wedding day.

We could not have been happier with our choice and would recommend Bruce to anyone.
Wedding: 02/16/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce was a terrific officiator. It was easy to discuss our plans with him by email, and we met in person well in advance of the event to discuss the details. He gave a lot of good suggestions that really helped us formulate our plans -- which were rather unusual, as we had to accommodate the father of the bride attending by international skype, as well has having a translator for our non-English-speaking guests. The whole thing worked beautifully, in large thanks to Bruce's easygoing yet reliable, intelligent, and even poetic officiating. We will always be grateful to Bruce that he took up this line of work, and that we found him. Thanks, Bruce!
Wedding: 01/07/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Value:  4.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Bruce was a terrific officiant. He was extremely helpful and we were able to put together a wondeful ceremony long distance. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce came recommended through our wedding venue and coordinator at L'Auberge Del Mar. My husband and I both agree that upon meeting Bruce we felt like we were talking to a close family friend. Very personable and friendly - my husband was sold as soon as he heard the words "I surf".

Bruce sent us home with a ceremony workbook that made it very easy for us to tailor the ceremony around our specific needs and wants, and was always available to help with further ideas and writings. It is up to you how active you'd like to be in creating the ceremony - Bruce will work it up for you, or you can completely make it your own.

The rehearsal and ceremony was made so easy with the calm, friendly demeanor of Bruce. With all of the nerves and friends/family involved it was great to have Bruce there keeping everyone on scheduled and focused.

You'll be glad to have Bruce there in all stages of wedding planning and execution! I couldn't have asked for anything better. Thank you so much Bruce!
Wedding: 09/29/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce performed our cermony last Saturday. We thought he did an excellent job and we received nothing but rave reviews from our guests as well. He was on time, very personable and professional, and had a knack for putting everyone at ease. We met with him a few weeks prior to the ceremony and liked him immediately. At the first meeting he gave us several sample texts. We ended up cutting and pasting from some of the samples to create the basic ceremony, then added some things of our own. Bruce had some very good suggestions, and was extremely patient with us until we got all of the wording just right. We cannot recommend him highly enough.
Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We met Bruce through our wedding planner who highly recommended him. We were looking for an officiant who was a professional and was mindful of various religious beliefs and universal truths. Bruce was very organized. We were planning a wedding from out of town and it was easy to communicate with him over the phone and email. He mailed us samples of ceremonies that we can use or personalize to make our own. He also came over an hour early before the ceremony to meet with our family, friends and guests. He provided a beautiful and heartfelt ceremony. We only hoped that we were local as he also provides marital, spiritual counseling. We are so thankful to have had Bruce help us celebrate our special day.
Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I searched for a long time to find the right person to officiate our ceremony. We knew immediately Bruce was a perfect fit. He is a charming and warm speaker and he embodies love and grace.
Wedding: 08/02/2012

CAROLINA 1 Reviews
Reverend Bruce was our minister at our wedding day, he was not the minister we had scheduled for our day, but after our minister had cancelled reverend Bruce was pleased to share this day with us and with less than 4 hours to our ceremony he did an amazing job, he called my husband and myself to make sure that he had everything set, he was on time and made this crazy day smooth and the most beautiful. Thank you we are so happy to have meet you!
Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My Wife and I were fortunate to have found Bruce Stephens to officiate our wedding. We found him to be an insightful man with a powerful yet very calming voice. He speaks beautifully, and the ceremony he wrote was touching and well written. Bruce was very cooperative and delivered exactly what we asked for. His experience added a much needed level of structure and reassurance when we needed it most. I highly recommend his services as an officiant.
Wedding: 05/14/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce was the officiant at our wedding this past October. We loved him. He did an outstanding job. He took time to get to know both myself and my husband at our first meeting. Our first impression was that we had to book him before someone else did!

I planned our wedding in San Diego from New Orleans. Being that we were so far away, it was important to us to find someone who would be willing to communicate via phone, email, etc throughout the months before the wedding. Bruce always responded to my emails and calls within 24 hrs. It was reassuring knowing that I could count on him to get back to me right away. He gave us a book with readings, poems, prayers, etc to help guide us with our planning. This was especially helpful as our ceremony began to come together.

Bruce is sincere and genuinely loves what he does. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding.

Shannon O'Hagan Frisch
Wedding: 10/01/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce is a wonderful officient. He becomes a friend to you during the process. He is open to any suggestions and is willing to give good advice when asked. He has a terrific book of ceremony options, poems, etc. that he gives you to help create your own personal ceremony if you wish. Bruce has a beautiful deep and commanding voice, and is very professional. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a great officient.
Wedding: 03/21/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce Stephens is without a doubt the most pleasant and professional wedding ceremony guide we could have hoped for. He has a way about him that is both comforting and confident. When he performed our ceremony, it was like listening to poetry. The meaning in the messages he helped us create were clearly understood by all and everyone was moved. He made the process of creating our wedding vows and ceremony meaningful and special, which meant the world to us both. He understood exactly what my wife and I were after and was able to deliver a series of perfect moments throughout our ceremony. A perfect compliment to a perfect day, thanks Bruce!

Any time you want to paddle out, I am game :)
Wedding: 09/17/2006
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce is an amazing wedding officiant with the knowledge and tools that made our wedding day unforgettable. We wanted a simple and relaxed wedding ceremony, and Bruce made it happen. He took the time to get to know me and my fiance and came to every meeting with suggestions to make our ceremony exactly how we wanted it.
Wedding: 08/05/2006
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce served as the officiant for both our intimate civil ceremony (October 2004) and the larger reception we held for extended family and friends the following year (May 2005). His professionalism was unparalleled as was the knowledge and guidance he provided in encouraging my husband and I to truly create a ceremony and set of vows unique and personal to us. A great communicator and an even better listener, Bruce played an integral role in our entire wedding experience while his sincerity and candid sense of humor meshed seamlessly with our vision for each of these special days. I simply cannot recommend Bruce highly enough!
Wedding: 10/20/2004
 760-815-5182
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire