Central Market-Westgate

Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married
4.7

When we first began the wedding planning process, flowers were the one thing we really did not have a clue how to budget for. After contacting a local wedding florist, my head nearly exploded when she told me their minimum for a Saturday wedding was $3200. THE MINIMUM! FOR FLOWERS THAT DIE! My husband and I immediately said “no flowers” at the wedding, but after doing some research, I decided to check out Central Market (Westgate location). SO happy I did. I met with Diana for a consultation. She had great recommendations for all the personal flowers and a great solution for the centerpieces. We were providing our own vases (wine and beer bottles), and since I really wasn't particular about what kind of flowers to use, she said to wait until the week of the wedding to see what they had in stock and we could choose from there.

The result was incredible. I have received SO many compliments on my bouquet and centerpiece arrangements. Guests who weren't familiar with Central Market couldn't believe a grocery store had done such beautiful work. To give those wondering brides, like me, an idea of price, Diana put together my bouquet, three bridesmaid bouquets, 4 corsages, over 10 boutonnieres, flower girl and ring bearer flowers, and arranged all the flowers for 17 tables (again, we provided the vases) for $850! And that included delivery to the venue!! I am so happy with Diana’s work and would recommend her and Central Market for any of your floral needs.

Services Used: Flowers

I wasn't picky about flowers, so I decided the best route to go would be to just make "messy" bouquets and centerpieces myself. The selection of flowers at this store is AMAZING--there was everything from a simple rose bouquet to tropical, spikey flowers I had never seen. So I used some of everything! I ran around like a crazy person grabbing some of everything and the nicest employee ever just followed behind me, keeping track of what I was picking so it could be rung up faster and putting everything in buckets of water for us to transport. I probably filled 5 buckets FULL of all different flowers and paid less than $280--I had expected it to be higher for sure by the way I was just grabbing without paying attention to price. They helped make suggestions for what went well with each other, color, heat tolerance, etc. I would highly recommend them for ANY type of event requiring floral needs.

Services Used: Flowers

Diana was very helpful in our initial meeting to discuss the budget and variety of flowers I could choose from. She was clear in her recommendations and let me know what to expect. We made adjustments as needed to my order along the way. It was a pleasure to work with Diana and Central Market at Westgate.

Services Used: Flowers

We used Donna for our floral needs and she was great! The bouquets turned out beautifully. I also loved that she used pearl and sparkle bracelets for he corsages. She was very nice to talk to and was always very helpful.

Anonymous
2+ years ago

Our experience with Central Market catering department in Austin, TX, was nothing short of amazing. We had to customize our wedding cake and groom's cake and was not a problem with the department head, Vanessa. She went above and beyond to make our dream cakes come true, and was with us every step of the way. Her vision and creativity is unsurpassed. Thank you Vanessa and the Central Market team for making our wedding cakes the focal point of our wedding. People still can't stop talking about the beautiful presentation and taste of our cakes. You guys our aces in our book.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I didn't want to spend a thousand dollars on something that would vanish by the end of the reception so we opted with Central Market. The cake tasted wonderful and with a few additions from our florist it looked pretty too. I chose red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for the wedding cake and chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting for the grooms cake. My husband wanted a Texas Longhorn cake and while our budget didn't allow for an elaborate design, they were able to make us a sheet cake with a longhorn on it. We decorated around hiis cake table, so it looked great as a finished product. We were happy and I felt like we got exactly what we paid for.

Private User
1 Review
2+ years ago

Noi at Central Market Westgate put together a beautiful bouquet of flowers for our church on our 50th wedding anniversary. I wanted an English Country Garden Bouquet of purple, pink and white flowers and the boquet exceeded my expectations - very beautiful

Darrell
08/18/2012
4.3

Outstanding selection of flowers for our wedding. We choose flowers without any Central Market assistance being offered which is why responsiveness and professionalism aren't rate 5 of 5. However, this didn't slow us down as we knew which flowers would work best for us. We were pleased.

Services Used: Flowers

For DIY brides, so much cheaper and you can find beautiful fresh flowers.

Services Used: Flowers

Our initial meeting was awesome! We got everything figured out quickly and in our budget. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Services Used: Flowers

I made my own bouquets with flowers I simply purchased there. However, they do have a full service wedding florist in-house. The flowers were beautiful and affordable from my perspective since I didn't get a ton. Lovely if you want to DIY or just need to pick up a few last-minute flowers.

Services Used: Flowers

Donna Foster at Central Market off 35th did my flowers for my wedding and they were absolutely stunning!!

1 person found this review helpful

Please, please DO NOT HESITATE - call Central Market right now for your floral needs. I was nervous because of the great price and the fact that florals aren't their only business, but that fear was completely unfounded. I had the most amazing experience with Central Market, and specifically Donna Burkhalter. They responded to every one of my requests, tried so hard to give me the peonies that I wanted (even though I couldn't afford them), but then snuck a few into my bouquet as a lovely surprise. The delivery was early, the price was amazing, they through in so many extra little touches, and everything arrangement and bloom was GORGEOUS. I was so happy with this vendor. Please, don't spend more money when you don't have to.

4.7

Donna did such a beautiful job with my flowers!!! She sometimes is hard to get a hold of bc she doesnt email. but she always calls back quick!! total worth it for beautiful flowers!!

4.2

We knew that we wanted plenty of fresh flowers throughout our ceremony and reception, but didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on something that would die/be thrown out within a day or two of the wedding. We decided to meet with Donna Foster at the 38th and Lamar Central Market. She has loads of experience and prices that cannot be beat! Her quote was less than half the cost of any other florists we considered. Because she was so much more affordable, we wondered if her quality or service would be compromised. We were pleasantly surprised by her ability to pull together lush, gorgeous bouquets, beautiful centerpieces, a fabulous head wreath for our flower girl, aisle arrangements, the list goes on and on...We were so pleased with Donna's talent and final products. She really cared about making sure that the flowers were just what we wanted, taking lots of notes on color palette, likes/dislikes, etc., and definitely came through. Now a few caveats: She does not use email so getting ahold of her or sharing inspiration pics can be a bit of a hassle. You have to leave her a voicemail and await a return call, or drop off samples. Kind of old school, but worth it. Also, make sure to have someone on your wedding day who is designated to sort through all of the flowers and get them to the right people. Central Market delivers the flowers, but doesn't do the set-up. It wasn't an issue for us in terms of ceremony/reception flowers because our coordinator and caterer took care of those. However, we had to ask a friend to put flowers on our cake and cupcake stand. And, we didn't identify one person to be responsible for distributing personal flowers. That meant that I realized two days later that my mother, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law never received their corsages. I'm pretty sure that they were in the delivery bags, but no one ever opened the last boxes or noticed that they were missing. Finally, a few of the greenery pieces were a teensy bit wilted in my bouquet. I'm not sure whether they were overwatered (the bouquet was drenched when we pulled it out of its delivery vase) or didn't stand up well. Fortunately, these were small hiccups in an otherwise wonderful day!

Services Used: Flowers

Donna Foster at Central Market is fabulous to work with!! Several other close friends recommended her to me, and I was not disappointed. I really don't know much about flowers, but I was able to explain to Donna the vision I had of the wedding, colors and a few favorite flowers, and she was able to help me pull together something really beautiful. I changed my mind several times, and she was so patient with me and flexible. She made it so easy. I even made a last-minute request for a bridal bouquet for my bridal portraits a couple of days before the shoot, and she was able to deliver beautifully. I highly recommend Donna to any bride looking for beautiful flowers at a reasonable price.