Celso's Cakes, Inc.

Celso's Cakes, Inc.

Favorite
Norcross, GA
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Celso provided our Awesome Grooms cake in the form of a Cigar Box. About a month before our wedding, we were informed that Celso's Cakes, Inc. had closed and assumed we weren't going to get the cake we had paid for. However, we found Celso's personal contact information and he honored our order. We were SO pleased with the taste and look of the Cake. Thank you Celso for staying true to your word!

0.3

Celso left his business and canceled my invoice without refunding my deposit. He did contact me a week before my wedding to let me know that he could make my cake under a different business name, but I had already found a backup. It was a really dramatic situation and unprofessional. Google Celso and you can find numerous articles (including the AJC) about this.

1 Review
2+ years ago

Celso's cakes are the best I have ever had! My sister hired him for her wedding this past Saturday and I can honestly say, this is the best wedding cake I can remember having!! The Bridal cake (Almond Cake with Amaretto mousse and raspberry filling) was so light and moist yet flavorful and the Groom's chocolate ganache cake was rich and decadant!! Despite his current situation (going through a divorce with his wife/business manager hence the cancelled orders and CLOSED status), Celso is very much open and operating and I will absolutely recommend him to everyone!

0.9

I'm so upset - Celso apparently up and left his business and left brides with unfulfilled orders and without a cake on their wedding day.
The business is now officially closed and anyone with outstanding orders is left hanging with no cake and out of money.

Pavla (the office manager, I suppose) is trying to get everything sorted out and see what can be done about refunds, but it won't be any time soon and with 11 days to go until my wedding, I'm left wondering if I need to get a cake from Publix. This is SO disappointing and upsetting!

0.5

Celso's was an utter disappointment. The tasting was great and we were so excited about our wedding and grooms cakes. But Celso failed to deliver - literally. We did not receive our cakes. Thankfully we purchased wedding insurance or we would be out the money as well. Do not use them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I had the most beautiful cake and the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. Celso is the cake vendor to the W hotel so I didn't have a cgoice in picking vendors and I can see why! He's amazing! It was by far the best looking and best tasting cake I've ever had! THANK YOU! We highly recommend him! With our eyes closed!

3.6

My husband LOVED his groom's cake! They did a fantastic job. The only complaint I had was trying to communicate with them. Very hard to get in touch with someone!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

It is my duty to tell everyone on wedding wire how beautiful and tasty my wedding cake was. We had three tiers and each tier was a different flavor and they all were delicious. Our guest devoured our cake. The only bite we had was the bite for the pictures...hahaha. We are excited that next year we actually get the top of our cake for free when we send a picture in. AT LEAST then we will get to really savor our cake. Celso's is very flexible. He even opened his office doors when the bakery was closed so we could drop off the cake stand. You rock Celso. See you next year and any other time I plan an event. Thank you.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This process was so quick and easy. I really enjoyed working with Celso. He had so many sample photos that we were able to go in and pick different things off of ones we liked to make one for ourselves. The cake was delicious! He was also quick in putting together a surprise groom's cake for me and it turned out exactly as I wanted.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Real, Italian buttercream, not cheap buttercream made with shortening and powdered sugar only. Celso himself meets with you for the cake tasting. The cake is delicious, fresh, and beautiful. We had vanilla cake with strawberry inside, with fresh strawberries. It was so good! Reasonable priced, truly beautifully decorated.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Celso and Pavla were a pleasure to work with. We did a tasting with Celso. It was nice that we were able to choose different flavors for each tier of our wedding cake. When we decided to also get a groom's cake Pavla actually recommended the flavors for it. We did not eat much cake at our wedding other than when we cut the cake, but we know that it was good because a lot of our guests said that they actually had more than 1 slice! An added bonus is that we will be able to get a free replica of the top tier of our wedding cake for our first anniversary!

Amina
06/30/2012

A delicious cake! We ordered 4 layers for 150 guests and the caterers cut rather thin slices, but we had more than enough cake...plenty left over.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Celso did an absolutely fabulous job with our wedding cake. I came to him in a state of panic because I had hired a baker 8 months before who became non-responsive four months before my wedding. Celso immediately put us at ease. He was extremely accommodating and his cake is beyond delicious. He really worked with us on design options and price points and I never had to worry about my cake. Celso did not disappoint and I HIGHLY recommend him! Everyone loved our cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This is the pastry chef that my venue The Hazlehurst House used for my wedding. ALL I can say what a beautiful and YUMMY wedding cake!

4.1

Our cake was delicious! The only issue was, when we ordered the cake, it had broaches on it. The day before the wedding, we got a call from the venue saying that Celso's wanted $300 extra dollars for the broaches. Needless to say, we had a broach-less cake on our wedding day, lol! The owner was very professional and accommodating when we went for our tasting. I am super bummed to hear that the business is closed though - my husband and I were really looking forward to our free anniversary cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Most delicious cake in the universe! OK, so I haven't had all of the cake in the universe, but it's got to be up there... so good! Celso did an incredible job on the groom's cake, and the bridal cake was elegant and simple, just what I wanted!! He is so talented, and a TERRIFIC value, I would definitely recommend him instantly to anyone who needs a special occasion cake!