Cedar Bend

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

My husband and I were married at Cedar Bend Events on April 25, 2015. The sky smiled down on us and allowed the sunniest day in the midst of a very rainy week. Cedar Bend Events offers a great location, packages and items. Jillian was my day of coordinator and I could not have asked for a more perfect person for the job. She answered any questions I had throughout the process, she was extremely accommodating, and definitely calmed many of my fears or anxiety before the big day. Chris, Jillian's husband, was our bartender and he was a hit with the guests. We fell in love not only with the venue because it fit our personalities perfectly and the rustic outdoor backyard wedding we wanted, but we fell in love with Jillian and Chris. Upon first meeting, it felt like we had known them forever and we were very comfortable with them. It only seemed fitting that we chose them and their venue to be a part of our special day. They will forever be a part of our memories because without them, I have no idea how our day would have turned out. We cannot say thank you enough for everything you both did, we absolutely loved and appreciated everything. I would definitely recommend Cedar Bend Events!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I wish I could give this venue a 10 star rating because that is the only way to capture how amazing Jillian and the staff at Cedar Bends were! From the first time my husband and I walked into the venue to after the wedding, it was an absolute joy to work with them. Jillian was flexible and accommodating with all my stupid questions and any changes that I needed. When I needed my Day of Coordinator to come and look at the space (no rehearsal could be done since there was a wedding the night prior to our wedding), Jillian took time out of her day to find a day that we could do it and met us there on a Sunday to go over the details. She helped coordinate with our food vendor even though she wasn't our DOC. In addition, we hired her staff to serve the cake and help with clean up and we also hired the venue for coffee/tea/water/alcohol set-up. All of it was great and everyone highly complimented how great the staff and drinks were!

Not the least important, the venue is gorgeous. The scenery, with all the trees and rustic appeal, was amazing for our wedding. Everyone complimented how beautiful this location was. To any bride - you couldn't do better than this venue. From the staff to the scenery, everything is fantastic and great. It made our wedding so much more special and easy going!

amallett88
03/22/2015

Cedar Bend is wonderful! I am so happy I was able to book this venue for my wedding! Jillian the owner and wedding coordinator was fantastic. She handled all of the decor, flowers, catering, and set up/break down. She also let my bridal party come to the venue early. She made sure my wedding went off without a hitch! My wedding was perfect! Guests loved the venue and made several comments throughout the night. My family was very impressed with Jillian and her husband. So much so that my sister is also thinking of using Cedar Bend.

Jenifer
03/21/2015

I am so glad we had our wedding here. Everything was beautiful without being ridiculously expensive, like I was finding at other venues. Jillian was fantastic- she made the whole process easy, and went out of her way to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. It may not be the fanciest place (which is one of the reasons we picked it!), but if you're looking for a venue that is reasonably priced but still amazing, I highly recommend Cedar Bend.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh my gosh. Words can not even describe how perfect this venue was for our wedding day. It is just so stunning...you don't need to really add anything because it is already so naturally beautiful. It has a very elegant rustic and shabby chic sort of vibe. Everyone who attended said it was the nicest venue they had ever been to. My husband and I were on a super tight budget for our wedding and Cedar Bend Events gave us the most bang for our buck...seriously we could not have found any place that included SO much for a better price (tables, linens, nice chairs, wedding signs, mason jars to drink out of, and MORE)... You can even rent stuff from the owner, Jillian, like furniture or special decor to suit your needs. Speaking of Jillian, she was just AMAZING. We truly felt that she cared about making our wedding day special, she had alot of good tips and insight to make our wedding planning smooth and seamless.

So, from one bride to another...this place is:

-Ideal for smaller weddings. We had about 80 people and it was perfect.

-It is completely outdoors (we got lucky, no rain and 68 degrees in December!)

-There is a seperate fee for the bartenders ($250)...but they were worth every penny. Two awesome girls who were just so sweet and kept drinks full :) We really liked that we could provide our own alcohol. It was much cheaper for us that way.

-Jillian will allow you to set up the day before your wedding as long as there isn't another event the day before....that was a life saver because we had alot of DIY stuff.

-It has the most gorgeous ceremony site (several actually) but my favorite was the wooden rustic wall, with several different ways to use it...it came out so beautiful in our pictures...and that was just with cell phones! I am still waiting on our professional photos :)

So, if I could do it all over again....I wouldn't change a thing...this was the perfect place for us.

Hi Future Bride or Groom,

My husband and I just got married at Cedar Bend on November 15th, 2014 and all of our guests were so impressed with the venue and all it's beauty. My husband grew up in a small country town (Lockhart) and I have always considered myself a country girl in a big city. (Austin) We both knew that we wanted to get married at a rustic country venue. After, looking at every venue's page on the theknot.com & wedding wire.com, I came across Cedar Bend. I fell in love with the rustic wall prop and the fact that Jillian is a very experienced and true expert of all things wedding. I loved that they are affordable and they do a lot of services in house so I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of different vendors for every little detail. I loved that I was free to pick all of my vendors and that I was given the flexibility to DIY our food, appetizer bar, bar, hot cocoa station, etc. This is what sometimes can make having a wedding so expensive when venues limit what you can do and who you can do business with. Jillian is so lenient and understanding, she truly wants to help you stay within your budget and also make your wedding a truly once in a lifetime experience.

If one of your concerns is that it's an outdoor venue and that you wouldn't want to be exposed or worry about all of nature's elements. Let me tell you, the polar vortex of course came the week of our wedding and it misted the whole time but Jillian helped me plan for this and all of our guests (and of course us) were super comfortable and still had so much fun!

I wouldn't have changed a thing about my wedding, and I was so lucky and appreciative to have Jillian along with us on the journey!

Do yourself a favor and visit Cedar Bend! It's a hidden jewel! :)

Also, Cedar Bend Floral (which is Jillian's Mother-In Law) is absolutely amazing! She made our vision come to life! I am so grateful of all the work she did, she goes above and BEYOND! Love her! :)

Wendi
10/24/2014

This venue is a beautiful, rustic setting. The trees are gorgeous and the lawn is very well kept and green. There is plenty of room for all the guests and lots of yard for kids to run around and play. Jillian is very knowledgeable and was able to make new boutineers because a few of ours had brown edges. She kept everything running smoothly and we had absolutely no problems. I would highly recommend Cedar Bend.

Jodie
10/24/2014

.................................

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Hanna
10/19/2014

Cedar Bend deserves way more than 5 stars! Everything was amazing. Absolutely everything. You always hear that wedding planning and preparations are stressful, but not when you work with Jillian at Cedar Bend!

From day one, everything went smoothly. Timeline, decor, payments, all of it. And if Jillian gives you advice, take it. She is a pro. I highly recommend checking out the Friends page on Cedar Bend's website too. We found our catering, cake, and music vendors through the Friends page. They were all exceptional and had worked with Jillian before, which made coordination a breeze. Cedar Bend is very modestly priced and the amenities and services included in the cost far exceed those of other venues I looked into. Cedar Bend also has some features that aren't always a top priority when venue shopping, but make a huge impact, such as ample parking and handicap accessibility.

Logistics aside, the venue is just so beautiful. The grounds showcase the pretty Texas countryside perfectly and the restored farmhouse is rustic chic and wonderful. My guests loved it. My husband and I loved it. Everyone had a wonderful time. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue.

Cody
09/19/2014

Jilian was absolutely wonderful and made sure our day went off without a hitch, despite the crazy weather that day! The venue is gorgeous and we have received so many compliments on the venue! Would recommend Cedar Benc to anyone and everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Meagan
09/13/2014

Very cute event space that fit the theme of our wedding perfectly! They made it very easy and stress free. We had a beautiful and very FUN wedding!!! Our friends and family are still talking about the great time they had.

Nikki
09/06/2014

Cedar Bend was the perfect venue for us to get married. We were looking for a laid back, Rustic Chic, outdoor wedding and Cedar Bend hit every cylinder from start to finish, it was an amazing experience and Jillian helped us every step of the way! We could not have been happier with how everything turned out. Event with a spur of the moment rainstorm right before the ceremony, Jillian made it all work out perfectly. Thanks for making our day so special and making our wedding dreams come true!

Jim & Nikki

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

as a father of the bride just sit back and let Jillian do her thing. we had compliment after compliment about this wedding. This place is.laid back, comfortable, and all the class you need for an outdoor wedding. My advice- listen to Jillian and things will run smoothly.

Private User
1+ year ago

Cedar Bend Events Center was PERFECT for our outdoor wedding. Jillian was very attentive to our needs and helped us organize our thoughts. What we really appreciated about her was her transparency on the venue and rental pricing. I've heard nightmare stories about other venues sneaking in those fees and we were very pleased with her professionalism. I would, and will be, recommending Cedar Bend Events Center and Jillian specifically to anyone looking for a beautiful, outdoor, country venue.

Kenny
03/28/2014

Jillian and staff were excellent in helping us prepare for the wedding rehearsal dinner!! The place looked beautiful. And every thing she said she would do , she did. We couldn't be more pleased.

Lindsey
03/22/2014

I can't even begin to describe how absolutely wonderful Jillian and her Cedar Bend staff are. She coordinated not only our wedding, but our rehearsal dinner as well.

We were married almost 3 months ago, and people are still commenting on how beautiful the property was and how comfortable and at home they felt. The venue itself is magical to say the least. It's the perfect balance of vintage-rustic and country-charm. The oversized porch is the perfect spot to host all of your favorite people and gives your guests an immediate sense of ease and comfort.

The distressed barn wood back drop was better than anything I could have imagined for our ceremony spot. Cedar Bend also took care of all of my beyond gorgeous floral arrangements, and recommended fabulous vendors, such as both my caterers and our officiant. They even have an adorable collection of decor, vintage dishes, mason jars, and shabby chic furniture that helped complete our rustic theme.

Seriously, look no further for a wedding venue. Cedar Bend was the perfect venue for not only us, but each of our guests. We are forever grateful for Jillian and her staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning