Cedar Bend

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Hi Future Bride or Groom,

My husband and I just got married at Cedar Bend on November 15th, 2014 and all of our guests were so impressed with the venue and all it's beauty. My husband grew up in a small country town (Lockhart) and I have always considered myself a country girl in a big city. (Austin) We both knew that we wanted to get married at a rustic country venue. After, looking at every venue's page on the theknot.com & wedding wire.com, I came across Cedar Bend. I fell in love with the rustic wall prop and the fact that Jillian is a very experienced and true expert of all things wedding. I loved that they are affordable and they do a lot of services in house so I wouldn't have to deal with a lot of different vendors for every little detail. I loved that I was free to pick all of my vendors and that I was given the flexibility to DIY our food, appetizer bar, bar, hot cocoa station, etc. This is what sometimes can make having a wedding so expensive when venues limit what you can do and who you can do business with. Jillian is so lenient and understanding, she truly wants to help you stay within your budget and also make your wedding a truly once in a lifetime experience.

If one of your concerns is that it's an outdoor venue and that you wouldn't want to be exposed or worry about all of nature's elements. Let me tell you, the polar vortex of course came the week of our wedding and it misted the whole time but Jillian helped me plan for this and all of our guests (and of course us) were super comfortable and still had so much fun!

I wouldn't have changed a thing about my wedding, and I was so lucky and appreciative to have Jillian along with us on the journey!

Do yourself a favor and visit Cedar Bend! It's a hidden jewel! :)

Also, Cedar Bend Floral (which is Jillian's Mother-In Law) is absolutely amazing! She made our vision come to life! I am so grateful of all the work she did, she goes above and BEYOND! Love her! :)

Wendi
10/24/2014

This venue is a beautiful, rustic setting. The trees are gorgeous and the lawn is very well kept and green. There is plenty of room for all the guests and lots of yard for kids to run around and play. Jillian is very knowledgeable and was able to make new boutineers because a few of ours had brown edges. She kept everything running smoothly and we had absolutely no problems. I would highly recommend Cedar Bend.

Cody
09/19/2014

Jilian was absolutely wonderful and made sure our day went off without a hitch, despite the crazy weather that day! The venue is gorgeous and we have received so many compliments on the venue! Would recommend Cedar Benc to anyone and everyone!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Meagan
09/13/2014

Very cute event space that fit the theme of our wedding perfectly! They made it very easy and stress free. We had a beautiful and very FUN wedding!!! Our friends and family are still talking about the great time they had.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

as a father of the bride just sit back and let Jillian do her thing. we had compliment after compliment about this wedding. This place is.laid back, comfortable, and all the class you need for an outdoor wedding. My advice- listen to Jillian and things will run smoothly.

Kenny
03/28/2014

Jillian and staff were excellent in helping us prepare for the wedding rehearsal dinner!! The place looked beautiful. And every thing she said she would do , she did. We couldn't be more pleased.

Lindsey
03/22/2014

I can't even begin to describe how absolutely wonderful Jillian and her Cedar Bend staff are. She coordinated not only our wedding, but our rehearsal dinner as well.

We were married almost 3 months ago, and people are still commenting on how beautiful the property was and how comfortable and at home they felt. The venue itself is magical to say the least. It's the perfect balance of vintage-rustic and country-charm. The oversized porch is the perfect spot to host all of your favorite people and gives your guests an immediate sense of ease and comfort.

The distressed barn wood back drop was better than anything I could have imagined for our ceremony spot. Cedar Bend also took care of all of my beyond gorgeous floral arrangements, and recommended fabulous vendors, such as both my caterers and our officiant. They even have an adorable collection of decor, vintage dishes, mason jars, and shabby chic furniture that helped complete our rustic theme.

Seriously, look no further for a wedding venue. Cedar Bend was the perfect venue for not only us, but each of our guests. We are forever grateful for Jillian and her staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning
Danielle
12/14/2013

Granted I've worked for Jillian for years and seen multiple gorgeous weddings But now it was my turn to be the bride... And just like we've done for past brides...my wedding was GORGEOUS!! From the very beginning of the planning process Jillian walked me thru every step.There were things that I hadn't even thought of that she reminded me of. She is one of the best planners/owners that I have ever worked with. And talk about responding to my endless emails with questions...she was timely and answered every silly dumb question I had (and there were a lot lol)And her husband Chris is a mechanical genius. If there was anything we wanted strung, lit, put up, needed electricity Chris was there to help us with every request and gave us his opinion. And he is quite the comedian too. ;)
Jeannette, the floral designer, gave me plenty of helpful input to make the venue look beautiful. I brought in my own stuff but she also lent some things to give it the perfect touch. Jeannette did my bouquet with brooches and I remember almost crying when I saw it because it was so beautiful.The whole look came together flawlessly and it was more than I could have dreamed of. My guest were floored by the venue.It was overcast before the wedding but by the luck of Cedar Bend, the sky cleared up and when it was time to start the ceremony it was beautiful. With the sunlight peeking thru the trees there, it was so romantic. Underneath the pavilion the tables were decorated to a 'T'. I absolutely loved everything about the wedding process/planning/day but it wouldn't have been so simple without Jillian, my saving grace.
If you work with the staff at Cedar Bend Events you will not be disappointed! They are most professional yet honest and the sweetest people you could ever work with. I think of them as family now! I've thanked them numerous times but I am seem to thank them enough for making me the happiest girl in the world on the biggest day of my life.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It sounds cliche, but our wedding day really was perfect and it was in major part due to Jillian and the rest of the staff at Cedar Bend! Cedar Bend was only the second venue we visited during our hunt and we immediately knew it was the right one. After talking with Jillian we felt right at home there. We even cancelled the other venue tour we had scheduled that day!
Cedar Bend really is a hidden gem. It's the perfect mix of being tucked away like your own special place, yet there's so much open space to work with! The vibe was exactly what we were looking for, rustic but not too "western", but it could totally be styled to work with that look too. I think one of my favorite memories the day of was walking back to the ceremony space to take group pictures and I saw all of our guest's little kids running out in the open field, laughing and playing, while other guests were making their way to the tables. Did I mention it was absolutely perfect?!
We opted to use Jillian for our day of coordination and that proved invaluable, especially after I panicked after finding out our original catering contact had left and a new person was in charge! She was also very helpful during our planning meeting and with the boatload of e-mailed questions I had. In the week leading up to the wedding, the forecast showed a pretty good chance of rain, and Jillian was proactive in researching some tent options for us and then contacting us with our options. We opted to set up a small tent, but thankfully the rain was nowhere to be found on the day of our wedding! And the tented area still looked fabulous. Our wedding day ran so smoothly with Jillian there to help keep track of time and answer any questions. We never felt rushed at all.
We also had Cedar Bend do the florals for the aisle, altar, and tables and they were gorgeous!
I would absolutely recommend Cedar Bend to any of my friends or anyone looking for a great wedding venue and caring staff!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers
1+ year ago

Jillian is AMAZING!!!!!! I cannot express how pleased we were with the whole experience at Cedar Bend Events. She is super laid back, easy to coordinate with, and really knows her stuff. She diffidently came to the rescue in our time of need:)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot even begin to describe how amazing this venue was. Jillian was a life saver and had everything planned perfectly. Her husband ran the bar for us and was beyond gracious. The wait staff made sure my husband, myself, and our guests were more than taken care of! I honestly could not have asked for anything more. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this venue!! We are so thankful!

Cedar Bend responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much Allison! You made such a beautiful bride and we really enjoyed celebrating with you and your wonderful friends and family.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is great!! Such a beautiful place and it is awesome to be able to have the ceremony and the reception at the same place. The people are simply incredible. Jillian is so responsive and cares that your wedding is a success as if it were her own. This venue will not let you down. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! 100 stars!!

1+ year ago

Beautiful venue and exceptional team.

Brooke
05/25/2013

Cedar Bend went above and beyond my expectations for my wedding! It was the perfect day!

1+ year ago

Jillian is amazing at what she does (florals, catering, just generally running the whole show and keeping things on track), and the venue is perfect for a rustic, vintage style wedding. Just beautiful.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

My son recently got married at this venue. It is a beautiful setting and we had a wonderful day! The service Gillian provided was great, she was very helpful and accommodating with every detail. We also used their florist and she did a fantastic job, the flowers were gorgeous. There was a very nice area upstairs, with two spacious rooms for bride and bridesmaids to get ready for the wedding. We had the venue from 12:00 that day and ceremony began at 5:30. I would definitely recommend this venue to anybody getting married in the Austin area.