Catlin Gardens
Experience the Opulence & Grandeur...
2865 Route 6

• Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Catlin Gardens is absolutely stunning! My husband and I instantly fell in love with the gardens and grounds of Catlin and knew we had to have our wedding there! We initially met with one of the family members who was the bridal director and booked the event. Over time our stress levels increased because there wasn't much communication from her nor answers for any of our questions.
However, closer to the event we started working with Anne, who was a doll! She was very friendly and easy to talk to. She also answered questions immediately and was very helpful! Everything to do with the ceremony and reception was just perfect. The staff treated everyone like royalty and the food and desserts were delicious!
One thing I definitely wasn't too happy about was the inn part of Catlin Gardens. Many guests were calling repeatedly and leaving messages to book rooms for the wedding and they either never received a person or when they left messages nobody ever called them back. This resulted in the majority of our guests looking elsewhere for rooms. The day we arrived the staff at the Inn were not very helpful or even welcoming. It put a slight damper on the beginning of the day, but everything else was just perfect!
Catlin Gardens is definitely worth the time to check out!
Wedding: 09/20/2014
2.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  2.5

Private User 4 Reviews
My husband and I fell in love with this venue because of it's destination style feel along with its beautiful gardens. The venue is absolutely beautiful venue however Catlin Gardens is currently going through changes and therefore didn't have a huge staff. Due to this several errors happened the night of my wedding - they served the wrong chicken dish, cake was incorrect - they were supposed to put flowers on it and forgot and when I told them they took the cake back and used the leftover flower girl petals to make flowers on the cake - which made it worse then when it first came out! Also the setup was incorrect - they changed the tables and my in-laws who were supposed to right in front next to the dance floor were in the back corner instead (where the kid table was originally) which then in turn put the kids up front. These are all little things that could have been easily fixed if the staff were better prepared. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful but for the amount of money it cost I would expect great service and didn't get it.
Wedding: Recently Married
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Catlin Gardens was a wonderful location to have held our wedding this past June. I love that we had the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception one location in addition to our guests being able to book rooms at the Inn and access to Jack’s Pub. Everything went smoothly on the day of our wedding. The gardens look beautiful, the food was delicious, and we had a great party! For the majority of the planning, I worked with Anne, and she was wonderful. She was very helpful, easy to communicate with, and made sure that all of the details were taken care of. Corey was also very helpful and was there all day to make everything run smoothly. The planning process was relatively smooth, with a few exceptions. Catlin Gardens requires liability insurance on ALL vendors, which was a bit of a hassle when for vendors such as hair/makeup professionals and officiants (I ended up taking out a one day special event insurance policy which covered everyone). About a month prior to my wedding, the local newspaper ran an article about financial issues that Catlin Gardens was having and the possibility of foreclosure. The issue was handled very professionally by the staff at Catlin Gardens, but it did create some added stress at an already stressful time. Another issue we had was our package included “Served Stations” (food stations with white gloved servers), but on the day of the wedding, the only station that had a server was the carving station. Finally, one of the reasons we were attracted to Catlin Gardens was their excellent beer selection. On the day of the wedding, I requested that certain beer taps be moved into the manor house for the reception and I was informed this would not be a problem, but I later found out that it was not done. Overall, I was very happy to have held my wedding at Catlin Gardens. The setting and convenience of holding everything in one location cannot be beat. I sincerely hope that they are able to continue to hold weddings as they are a wonderful venue.
Wedding: 06/27/2014
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
Financial Risk! BEWARE! I absolutely loved Catlin Gardens, as well as the staff. My fiance and I booked our wedding in 2012 for May 2014 and couldn't have been happier. Until the following article was published 6/21/13 in our local newspaper the Times Herald-Record: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130621/BIZ/306210378
Catlin Gardens is financially unstable, is in significant debt, and the foreclosure process has been started. We had already paid more than half of our reception. When we inquired with concern about the security of our date and planned wedding, we were told that our date of 5/30/14 could no longer be guaranteed. When we pressed the owners for a refund, they began avoiding us and then refusing our request. We are currently taking legal action. This is our savings and we are now attempting to plan a wedding elsewhere. This has taken the excitement and joy out of wedding planning. Please be careful.
Catlin Gardens responded with the following comments:
We are happy to hear that you found Catlin Gardens so enchanting and chose it for your wedding. Unfortunately, the Times Herald Record did publish an article about us that painted a pretty dismal picture. The truth of the matter is that we were in the process of restructuring and refinancing with a new bank at the time of the article's publication. Sadly, things were blown grossly out of proportion by the media. Our business is alive and well and will continue ensure all our brides have the weddings of their dreams.
Wedding: 06/13/2014
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I used to pass Catlin Gardens on my way to Middletown as a child and always wanted to have my wedding in the beautiful "castle." When I got engaged, I assumed that they would be too expensive but was surprised when I found that their prices were similar to those in my area (Sussex County, NJ). I visited many places, but once I stepped foot in the beautiful gardens, I was sold. Stephanie was incredibly accommodating, she let my family members and me take several tours and answered emails promptly. On the day of, my guests were AMAZED. They thought the place was gorgeous and kept saying it was "just like heaven." The gardens are stunning, my photographer loved having so many different locations to take pictures. My MC, Corey was also fantastic. My in-laws said they were never without a drink in their hand, they never even had to go to the bar. He kept my drinks full as well, made sure I had all the cocktail hour food I wanted, and even retrieved my flip-flops when my feet were sore. We are incredibly happy with our decision to have our reception at Catlin Gardens.
Wedding: 05/31/2014
4.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5

Lori 2 Reviews
We had an overall good experience at Catlin Gardens.
Wedding: 05/17/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The best place ever!!! The gardens are amazing. The staff treat you and your guest like royalty. Everyone says our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. The food to the staff and desserts were amazing!!! Everything was beyond our expectations !!
Wedding: 10/11/2013

V 1 Reviews
The most elegant venue for my beautiful daughter\'s wedding. Moreover, the staff at Catlin Gardens were professional, responsive, efficient and just very nice. Stephanie, Jaime, James, Erin, Suzie and others made this a memorable celebration for my daughter, family and friends.
Wedding: 10/10/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What an absolutely beautiful wedding. Catlin Gardens is like a fairy tale come true. The grounds are beautiful. The service was great. We had the rehearsal dinner at Jack's Pub, wonderful! Stayed overnight at the hotel, also so very nice. I can go on and on. The staff, the food, the service, the décor, the gardens, EVERYTHING was just PERFECT.
Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: Wedding Cake, Ceremony & Reception Venue
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The venue is absolutely gorgeous! Stephanie and James are amazing to work with! They listened to every detail and made my wedding perfect. I rated it 4.8 out of 5 solely because the matre de that worked with us at the wedding and rehearsal did not seem to listen to what I had to say and there were a few minor details that were messed up on the wedding day as a result of this. Overall everything was beautiful and I highly recommend this venue. Not only is it gorgeous, but the majority of the people who work there genuinely care about making your wedding day perfect! I don't think I waited more than twelve hours for a response, whenever I had a question, day, night or weekend! We also did our rehearsal dinner at jacks pub. Amazing! Erin was great and super easy to work with! The food was delicious! Overall, this venue is by far the best in the Hudson valley! I highly recommend them!
Wedding: 09/14/2013

Jennifer 2 Reviews
I worked with Stephanie and James during the planning stages. Both of them were extremely helpful and accommodating. During the wedding, Sarah was my maitre'd and she went above and beyond to make our night perfect. She made sure we had food and water throughout the evening, made sure my husband and I along with our guests and vendors knew what was supposed to happen and when, and just made sure everything flowed seamlessly throughout the whole day. The team at Catlin Gardens made my wedding day the best possible wedding I could have ever asked for!
Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After my husband and I visited a venue that was less than anything we pictured for our special day, Catlin Gardens was next on our list. We, like many couples, were on a tight budget, and after walking into the hotel part we got discouraged because we thought there was no way we could afford to have our wedding here. It was just too beautiful to be in our price range. Long story short, Stephanie worked with us and helped us get everything that we wanted. She was very accommodating, and the whole process leading up to the big day was rather flawless. The day of was the best day of my life. I didn't have to worry about whether or not our centerpieces were placed the way we wanted, that the rose pedals were out, unity candle in place, name cards and picture frames how we envisioned, etc. All of the service staff was there to make sure we got everything that we wanted. James, the banquet manager was very easy to work with and made sure everything was set up perfectly. Jaime, our matre'd was FABULOUS!!!! Anything that we needed he made sure happened. He communicated with the DJ's, musicians, and photographers the whole night. If we needed something from the "emergency kit" he was running upstairs to get it for us. The girls took golf carts down to the ceremony site so that our dresses wouldn't be ruined and the gardens were absolutely stunning! The receptionist Danielle was very helpful in arranging all of our guests' stays. Everything was perfect and more than we ever could have expected.

Kristi and Pete R.
Wedding: 08/25/2013
3.6/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Value:  2.5
  • Flexibility:  2.5
The place is amazing. Our biggest complaint is that we had no one main person for contact. For evey different thing we did there we had to talk to somebody else. They need to main stream this process and make it easier for people to get the information they need.
Wedding: 08/24/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. My now-husband and I had visited several New York venues prior to this one, but as soon as I saw the gardens at Catlin - we both fell in love! Who knew that such a magical garden hid behind the manor? We booked our wedding with Stephanie, who was a great person to deal with. In fact, the entire staff (especially James and Jamie) over at Catlin Gardens treated us like family. On the day of the wedding, Jamie, our maitre d, made sure that we were fed and happy. He made sure the evening went smoothly. I can't gush over how much I love this place. We just saw our wedding photos recently and every nook and cranny of Catlin is captured beautifully in photographs. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue for any special event!
Wedding: 08/23/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My husband and I had the best day of our lives at Catlin Gardens. From the first phone call made after we were engaged until we waved goodbye from the parking lot after we had been married Catlin Gardens was a dream come true. Stephanie, James, Shanna and the entire staff couldn't have been more accommodating. We were lucky enough that another wedding wasn't planned for the afternoon before our wedding, so we had the entire grounds to our wedding party. We took over the place! Our rehearsal dinner in the Gratto was nothing short of amazing the night before. Then we stayed in the gorgeous hotel rooms after hanging out in Jacks Pub for awhile. We woke up the next day, headed for the church. We got back and watched everyone's smiles as the entered Catlin Gardens. The hotel rooms are romantic and spacious. Jack's Pub is so much fun for the after party. The gardens are a perfect location for an outdoor cocktail hour and even better for photos. The reception room is the perfect size for 180-200 people. We had everyone on the dance floor the entire night. The reception room overlooks the gardens which just adds to the beauty. Our maitre' d Jamie was remarkable, we even got to witness a hot air balloon cruising over our cocktail hour. Every detail was covered, even things we wouldn't of thought of. We had a sparkler exit to Jack's Pub and it was the perfect finale to the perfect wedding. Again we can not thank the staff at Catlin's enough, and we would recommend Catlin Gardens to anyone we have ever met, we have already! Best Wedding Ever! Best, Jennifer & Craig
Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
What a gorgeous place to have a wedding. I couldn't of asked for anything more. The staff at Catlin Gardens were very easy to work with....truely a pleasure. The room was beautiful. The service and food were absolutely outstanding. An amazing time was had by everyone. I would definately recommend Catlin Gardens!!!
Wedding: 08/03/2013
 845-355-3555
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire