Cascade Confections

Cascade Confections

Favorite
Grand Rapids, MI
The owner has indicated they are no longer in business.

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

Cascade Confections was fantastic. We had our wedding in Iowa but my mom pushed for a cake from this specific bakery. They worked with us to get the cake to Iowa, even finishing a few days earlier than intended. They packed everything up well so that nothing was damaged during the long drive. We had a cutting cake and five flavors of cake bites. Everyone was talking about the cake and every flavor was a hit. The cake was decorated with the most gorgeous sugar poinsettia flower. I completely loved this bakery and think it made an excellent addition to my wedding.

Jessica
08/22/2014

Cascade Confections provided amazing service and quality while working with Sandy on our wedding cake. The cake turned out fabulous, and everyone thought it tasted as good as it looked!! Sandy's cakes are so moist and delicious, the best cake I've ever had!! She also made a grooms cake for our wedding that turned out wonderful!! Would highly recommend for any occasion!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cascade Confections was awesome! The cake bites were so yummy and my cake was beautiful!!! They worked with us on pricing and even cut us a deal which was so nice. They really worked within our budget. Everyone said the cake bites were super good and wanted to know where they could get them!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Wow! Is what we say about this vendor. We chose Cascade Confections on the good advice of our food vendor. Sandy and her staff did an excellent job on my daughters wedding cake and the cake bites. Both were truly works of art! These cake bites are the most adorable little things you have ever seen and yummy too! Sandy is very fair in her pricing and fun to deal with. Prepare for a lovely experience if you use her. Not only a good baker, but very clever and creative too. Lots of positive feed back from our guests as well. Go Sandy. You rock!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Fantastic! My guests are still talking about our cake bites. Sandy is wonderful to work with and her cakes are delicious. I love that she offers gluten free options so all your guests can enjoy the treats. :)

Nichole
10/20/2012

Sandy's cakes are AMAZING!!! They are the best tasting cakes around! She also does amazing work with her cakes! I did not want fondant on my cake, but the cake design I wanted was almost required to (according to other places)! But Sandy instantly said it can be done without fondant! Another wonderful thing was I did not provide her enough crystals for our wedding cake, she went out on the wedding day and found some additional crystals so I could have the cake design I loved so much! The finish piece was absolutely beautiful. Thank you so much Sandy for such a beautiful and delicious cake!

Cascade Confections responded with the following comments:

Nichole, it was such a pleasure working with you. The cake design you wanted was spectacular and I was very happy to make sure it looked the way you wanted. Best Wishes to you!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We really loved everything about Sandy. The cake was delicious and very beautiful. She was also a pleasure to work with; we were planning the wedding from out of town and she was super flexible about meeting with us when we had time. The price was a good value for what we got.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Sandy was such a talented and creative cake artist--my wedding cake came out so much more beautiful than I ever could have imagined! She was affordible, responsive, and 100% accomodating to our needs. And to top it all off, her's was the most delicious cake that I've ever tasted! We had the Caramel Cinnamon Nut and Mocha Latte Fudge options, and by the end of the night, everyone was absolutely raving about it! We even had guests asking if they could take pieces home! Overall, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Would I recommend this vendor to a friend? ABSOLUTELY! Thank you so much, Sandy!

Cascade Confections responded with the following comments:

Jennifer - Thank you so much for the great review. Your wedding cake was so fun to work on. I love the unique cakes I am asked to make! Your wedding photos were spectacular! Best wishes for an amazing married life!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Had a great experience and got many compliments on our delicious wedding cake. Very professional and quick to respond. Great Value.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Sandy's cakes are amazing! I'm not a fan of those wimpy, light cakes that taste like flavored air, so I was so thrilled when I got to taste Sandy's heavy, rich, and flavorful creations. She lets you pick out a sampling of choices for the tasting, all of which were delicious for us. We ended up choosing four flavor combos because we couldn't settle on any less!

While we didn't have any elaborate design-work or sugar flowers, I did want a cake that had a specific type of horizontal striping/texture. Sandy did such a wonderful job re-creating this texture from my inspiration photos, and she did an amazing job the day-of arranging the fresh flowers and my cake topper on the tiers. I didn't think the cake was one of my high priorities that day, but when I saw it I was absolutely in love. I really didn't want to cut into it!

Unfortunately I didn't get to eat any of our custom-flavored cake and our top anniversary tier didn't make it home with us, but all of our guests were gushing about how good everything tasted. I would definitely recommend her to any bride.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Sandy makes the BEST cake - ever! We absolutely loved everything about our cake experience. The tasting was wonderful - she had so many samples for us to try. The sugar flowers were gorgeous! And best of all the cake is superb!! I would recommend Sandy to anyone.

4.2

I ordered a gluten-free wedding cake from Coco Charlotte and Sandy. Sandy was very professional when we sat down with her and tasted different cakes and frostings, she even gave me extras to take home to my husband since we live in IL. There was a misunderstanding in the weeks leading up to the wedding about the reception being outside and that I was expecting fondant covering instead of buttercream (which melts easier). Although that was stressful for each of us to handle, she in the end did make the cake with fondant and it turned out exactly as I imagined. Unfortunately, our caterer didn't pack up my GF cake on our wedding night and it got left out all night with rain and bugs ruining it. I only had one slice. After letting Sandy know, she felt bad and said she would send us a GF mini cake similar to our wedding cake to help celebrate our 1 year anniversary. THat was very nice of her to offer especially since our caterer never responded to our complaints. The GF cake tasted great too and knowing they use a dedicated kitchen, I felt safe eating it knowing I wouldn't get sick on my wedding day.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am lactose intolerant so I wanted to make sure my cake was dairy free. Cascade Confections had a wonderful selection of dairy free flavors, that were ready for us to taste when we came in for our tasting. Sandy was great to work with, even when I left her messages a few days before the wedding needing to add another sheet cake. We ordered a 3 layer dairy free cake (bottom layer was a fake) Then we got some sheet cakes, that were not dairy free. This worked out best for us price wise. The sheet cake was huge! I was surprised at how many layers it was. Our cake was beautiful. They made us sugar daisies and orchids that were on the cake, then made little beach chairs out of modeling chocolate, then had brown sugar all around the outside so it looked like sand. It was beautiful! My hubby also got me a birthday cake from there a few weeks ago and that was delicious as well. I know he plans on keeping that business card around!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had 2 cakes...one was a beautiful traditional wedding cake that resembled the beadwork on my dress....it was amazing looking and tasted spectacular! Pineapple cake...love it! The other cake was a groom's cake that resembled a brown leather golf bag, and we had made gluten free since the groom and a few relatives have wheat allergies....they loved it, and couldn't believe it was gluten free! So many compliments on how great the cakes looked and tasted! Thank you so much!

Services Used: Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake
4.7

Sandy did an amazing job!! She was so helpful, she researched ideas for us, and came up with a beautiful, yet original cake that really suited us as a couple. Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted even better!!
Thank you Sandy!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Working with Sandy Guthrie of Cascade Confections was seamless. She helped me to determine what I wanted in look and taste of my perfect wedding cake as well as separate cakes for each set of our parents to celebrate their 40th and 35th wedding anniversaries. She was able to more than accomodate my usually hectic schedule; even packaging up our "tasting session" so that I would be able to enjoy it with my fiance and a couple friends that evening in order to make a delicious decision. Her sugar flowers are beautiful and most people were surprised to hear they were not real...truly a work of art. Most of all, on my wedding day, she was prompt and professional; the cake flowed well with the rest of our event design in terms of setup, colors, etc. and frankly taking the time to hire the correct vendors for my wedding made the day very stress free. Thank you for a wonderful design Sandy!
Sincerely,