Cary Pennington Photography

Value
Flexibility
Bethany
04/04/2015

From the first day we met Cary he was amazing and very easy to work with. He was very accommodating to our schedules and made every photo shoot fun and memorable. Our families loved his professionalism, humor and we were very pleased with the final products that he produced! We absolutely recommend him for anyone who wants top quality photoswhile simultaneously having a blast doing it. We definitely will be using him for future photos!

Services Used: Photography

I love taking pictures and looking at pictures from past vacations/events, so having a good wedding photographer was really important to me. We looked at booking a photographer before we booked any other vendors because the photos had to be perfect. After searching for photographers online for days, reading reviews, and looking through the work of the preferred vendors from our wedding venue, we decided that Cary was the photographer we wanted. We met with him later in the week, as well as several other photographers, and Cary was still our favorite by far. He had a lot of knowledge to share with us, was easy to talk to, and the photos he showed us were phenomenal.

On our wedding day, Cary had specific locations around the venue selected for photos, based on the lighting at that time of day. We didn't have to think about where to go next because he already had it set up for us. He even took photos of us with our dogs after the reception was over (it was a day time wedding). Dogs are really unpredictable in pictures, but Cary got some great shots of us with them. All of the other pictures he took were great also. The angles were really creative, and the colors look amazing. We were definitely not disappointed and would highly recommend Cary to any of our friends getting married in the future.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I had Cary as our photographer for our engagement and wedding photos! He is so amazing! I saw Cary's work a few years before we got engaged, and wanted to hire him for my wedding ever since! His photos capture so much emotion and have a beautiful artistic quality. We were so fortunate to have worked with Cary!

Cary was the first vendor we hired, and he was so helpful from the minute I called him. He really helped us determine what our priorities were for our wedding day, and he recommended some other great vendors that we ended up selecting as well.

You have to really like your photographer because they are with you most of the day on our wedding day, and you kiss a lot in front of them and stuff. I am usually really nervous about having my picture taken, but Cary made us feel totally comfortable the whole time. He helped us learn how to be photographed during our engagement photos so we were naturals for our wedding. Cary made my husband and I both look great! He is such a pro. He and his assistant captured every moment I could have wanted, and my husband and I LOVE our engagement and wedding photos!

Services Used: Photography

Hiring Cary for photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Both he and his assistant were amazing to work with and their photos were incredible! I thought I would probably have 20 or 30 favorites, but there's over 100 that are just too good to be true! Cary is very personable, my wife and I loved working with him and so did all of our vendors. I would recommend Cary to everyone!

Services Used: Photography

Cary is amazing!!! He was the best wedding photographer I could EVER ask for. I am very particular about my photos and he gave me a perfect mix of artsy, timeless, classic photos and I could not be happier.

Cary made every effort to meet our needs. We wanted to do our engagement pictures out of town and he was happy to accommodate. He drove 5 hours to take our pictures then drove home the same day! Talk about dedication :)

Cary's pictures are an art form and help capture every moment of the day. I would love to work with Cary again if given the opportunity!

Services Used: Photography

Cary makes you realize why people always say, "make sure you get a professional photographer" for your wedding. Words cannot describe how happy we've been with his work. You can see instantly that he was born to be doing this. His ability to capture the right moment, and his eye for scenery, lighting, color, etc. is beyond compare. Everyone at our wedding said how nice he was, and he couldn't be easier to work with. We could not have been happier with his work. I would highly recommend him for any event!

Services Used: Photography

He was excellent! Our pictures are spectacular. He got all the great shots you ever wanted!

Services Used: Photography

Very artistic, makes all your pictures look like they came from a magazine!

Services Used: Photography

Overall a great experience! Very easy to work with and the quality of our photos are amazing. I would refer my friends and family!

Private User
Recently Married

Cary did a great job shooting our wedding and engagement photos. He was prompt and professional.

Services Used: Photography

Cary is excellent at finding creative shots that create artful scenes. As a graphic designer with professional experience working with photographers I looked through almost all of the photographers San Diego had to offer and I just loved Cary's style and the artful compositions his photographs create. He is also a real people person and true romantic so you will have a wonderful time during your photo sessions with him. The complementary engagement session is a must to get to know Cary and for you to feel comfortable as a couple taking photographs. I think photography is very much a, "you get what you pay for" service, and I think Cary is a great value for a great great product. My husband and I would definitely hire him again.

Services Used: Photography

Cary is a true photographic artist! We are so happy with our wedding and engagement pictures. We get so many compliments on them. You can really tell he puts a lot of time and effort into editing them and making each photo beautiful and unique. Cary and his assistant were also easy going and a pleasure to work with on our big day. One thing I do want to say is I didn't expect to wait such a long time for the photos or prints. But it was worth it. And the prints, if you order any of them separately through his website (or if your family orders them) are pricey. But Cary did such a fantastic job..you definitely get what you pay for. Also, Cary always responded to my emails in a timely matter which I appreciated! Overall, we had a great experience and we couldn't be happier.

Private User
1+ year ago
4.7

Cary Pennington Photography: Stunning and artistic wedding photos you will love forever

Let me start by saying that Cary’s photos are gorgeous, without question. He is not only a professional and talented photographer but is also so personable that it made it easy for us to “be ourselves” in front of the camera. For that little narcissist in all of us, rest assured that Cary will catch you in the best possible light. He will capture the moments just as they unfold, whether they be silly or sweet, and he will beautifully photograph all the small details you worked so hard to create. He is passionate about what he does, and it shows in his work. Everyone says it, and it’s completely true – your wedding will pass by in a flash and we are so happy he captured so many special moments that we will truly cherish forever. Our biggest problem is picking our favorites…can’t frame them all!

Services Used: Photography

Overall, we were pleased with the pictures. I liked the engagement pictures more than the actual wedding pictures. However, for each time, it took more than 6 weeks for us to get them back even though the agreement said between 4-6 weeks. Both times someone emailed him to ask where they were. Even now, months after the wedding, we still haven't gotten the promised 4x6 pictures. However, it's a great price for the quality of pictures.

4.3

Cary's photos of our wedding were amazing. He really captured many of the most touching moments of the wedding and reception. We now have a wonderful keepsake of that precious day.

Due to Cary's heavy workload during the time we got married and just after, it took quite awhile to receive the wedding proofs. In addition, we found the colors for some of the shots were not true. After providing this feedback to Cary, along with samples of other images from the wedding with the true colors, he was able to correct his digital images to the actual colors, especially the bridesmaids dresses.

All-in-all, we are very pleased with our results, but we had to be patient and persistent.