Carondelet House

• Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What I loved most about Carondelet House was the beauty of the space and the service.

For service, I would say that Alex, the manager, is superb. He anticipated my every need, took care of me and was so kind and gracious. I adore him. I credit him for how smoothly everything ran at Carondelet House and with the in-house catering company.

The only unhappy encounter we experienced was with Crystal in sales. (In SALES! Isn't that where you are supposed to get the friendliest service?) She took over for Corinna (who I liked). There were actually two encounters – one with me and one with my dad.

1) A couple months before the wedding, our first bill was due. Now, you should know that wedding vendors are not in the practice of sending invoices for payment. They give you the dates in the proposal and expect you to remember it. Not ideal but fine. When our first payment came due, I received a curt and cold email from Crystal. There was nothing explicitly wrong about her email, but if you are asking for a payment of $10,950, there is a right and wrong way to do it. Now, I don’t think she had any mal intent. I think she is just young and green – who knows, maybe this is her first job.

2) The week of the wedding when final payment was due, my father drove the check over to Carondelet. Crystal answered. She was reportedly gruff, cold and ungracious. I’m sorry, if someone is bringing you a 5-digit check to you, put a freaking smile on your face and be gracious.
A nearly perfect and otherwise first-class experience with this venue and in-house caterer was marred by someone with poor “bedside manners”. And because of her, I have to dock off 1 star from Carondelet. It pains me to do this as I feel like they are 5 star…but until they train Crystal otherwise (or get rid of her), I can’t recommend this venue without reservation.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dream Wedding! Carondelet House was everything my husband and I could have imagined...and more! The staff is impeccable. The decor and vibe is insanely sexy....it set the mood for our night and blew our guests away! From the moment I first stepped into this venue, I fell in love. Tears literally fell down my face when I saw the beauty inside...it was ours from the moment we saw it! OK so it's pretty, but how was the staff?! INCREDIBLE! From our first meeting with Corinna, to my email exchanges with Lara, to our event meeting with Alex, we were treated like royalty. On the actual night of the wedding, my husband and I were never without a plate of food in front of us or a cocktail in our hand. If we could do it all over, this is the ONLY place we would choose again. From start to finish, our night was perfection.
As for pricing, you pay for the service you expect to receive. Considering the level of service and quality of Tres LA food (so delicious and fresh!), I feel the pricing is incredibly reasonable.
I knew our wedding was going to be great, but I had no idea it would be so perfect. Thank you Carondelet for making our dream wedding come true!

• Wedding: 05/02/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Love, love, loved the Carondelet House! From the moment my husband and I walked through the iron doors and laid our eyes on the beautiful decor we knew it had to be our wedding venue. Alex (site manager) and Corinna (our point of contact) were attentive and helpful throughout the entire planning process. Any questions or concerns were met with positive feedback and Alex made sure the big day ran smoothly. Although we didn't use the in-house caterer, Alex & Corinna worked well with our caterer and met with the owner prior to the wedding to answer all questions regarding set up and use of the Carondelet kitchen. Hands down most amazing venue out there! Beautiful, romantic, and unforgettable!

• Wedding: 01/04/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Lara, Alex and the Carondelet House staff were a dream to work with. We highly recommend the venue and the in house catering (Tres LA) for your wedding or event. From our first visit and throughout the planning process, they walked us through with gracious, careful attention to detail. On the day of the wedding the staff was highly efficient and professional while hosting us with a warmth that made us feel welcome and appreciated. The meal was fabulous and guests appreciated both the quality of the dinner and the presentation. Should we have another occasion calling for this size venue, Carondelet would be our first choice without reservation.

• Wedding: 12/29/2013
Kelli
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

What a BEAUTIFUL place. The moment my husband and I walked into the Carondelet House, we knew it was the place where we wanted to get married. The ambiance in the home is perfect for an intimate wedding and the venue is so gorgeous!

I had several people tell me it was the most beautiful wedding venue they had ever been to. Carondelet was the perfect 'non-traditional' location and I'll never forget all of the special details in the venue and how special it made our day to be married there.

Also - the preferred caterer (Tres LA) was AMAZING! Usually venues try to sucker you in to using their caterer which could be hit-or-miss, but this package was top-notch all the way. The staff at Carondelet and Tres LA were awesome and made everything run smoothly from start to finish!

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

We had our recent wedding at the Carondelet House in Downtown LA. It is a hidden gem. Gorgeous and very well taken care of.

As far as the business side goes, in the initial booking process there was a bit of a lack in communication as they were going through staff changes. After that was complete communication was great. It felt like there were a lot of hoops to jump through if you want to use an outside caterer and staff but in the end it all worked out great. The staff and owner did everything they could to make our day wonderful.

This venue is definitely a must see.

4.8/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Carondelet is the most beautiful venue ever! I was absolutely in love with the place and it was the perfect intimate venue to celebrate our very special day. All of our guests loved the place too. It's really magical. You don't need a lot of decorations and the catering company is great too. Melissa is very responsive and the whole rest of the crew is so welcoming and warm. They really made our wedding day very special and memorable. The venue makes a big difference. I couldn't have imagined having my wedding anywhere else.

• Flexibility: 5.0

My guests flipped out about our venue! Carondelet House is breathtaking! When you walk in you feel a warmth and intimacy combined with exquisite taste. The decor is so stunning that very little if any additional decor is needed (which saved a lot of $$$)

They know what they're doing and could not have made it easier. Alex, the site manager is an absolute doll as are the owner Alan and the in house caterer, TresLA (Michael, Melissa--you guys rock)

Love it!

• Wedding: 01/19/2013
4.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My fiance and I fell in love at first sight with Carondelet House and we knew, as soon as we stepped inside, that we had to cancel the rest of the venue appointments we had scheduled that week and to reserve our date here. I happened to stumble upon the venue on Yelp, of all places! (Thank you, Yelp gods!) It's an old, two-story, Italian-styled brick building. During our initial tour, we were told that it's been there since the area was "original LA," and that throughout the years, it's been many things--a private residence, a business office, a school, etc., etc. For a while, it was not in use, until 2011, when an event and catering company re-vamped and re-opened it for events. They're called Tres LA, and if you choose to go with them, they're already in house, so that's one less vendor to worry about. When you rent the space (which is $4,000 for 10 hours), they leave the house fully furnished and they'll also provide all the tables, linens, silverware, dining-ware, service staff, etc. As soon as you enter, you find yourself in an inviting walkway with vaulted, intricately-painted ceilings and archways. Look to either side of you and you see two large front rooms, complete with furniture and decorations. Walk up a few steps and you see a courtyard, complete with a fountain, a tree wrapped in lights, and large sliding French doors leading you into the main dining area. Here, and to the additional dining area to the side, you'll find original wood floors, brick walls, French tables and chairs, and rustic chandeliers; there's even a cozy little room to the other side with armchairs and a fireplace. Out a door by the main dining room is the second courtyard, complete with more greenery and hanging light fixtures. Finally, the second story is a beautifully prepared bridal suite. What strikes me about this venue are the historic charm and the details--it doesn't feel like a factory churning out wedding after generic wedding. You definitely have to check it out!

4.5/5.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

Recently had my wedding at Carondelet House and let me just say, it was truly magical! All my guests said it was the most beautiful and unique venue they have ever been to. A great option for untraditional brides and grooms. We had our ceremony and reception at the same location and our guests really enjoyed the flow of our event (no waiting for hours for the reception to begin!).

The only things to consider is the price - it's kind of pricey for the bride on a budget - and they are not that flexible when it comes to rehearsals - which is a little stressful when you are paying so much for the space..that should be included! However our overall experience was unforgettable and we recommend this place to brides and grooms who want a unique and fun wedding venue!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago