Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant

Value
Flexibility
Eva & Faye
11/15/2014

As a fellow Officiant, I tend to have high expectations. Carolyn exceeded all of our expectations! She was prompt, well organized, willing to work with our special requests, and very friendly. Our wedding day was perfect!

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Your ceremony had some unique touches. Working together made that happen. Although it was cold, our hearts were warm inside the Willoughby Farm Barn. Many blessings in your marriage.

calvin
09/25/2014

Carolyn made the big day easy , she was pleasant and prompt .I would recommend her to anyone looking to tie the knot with little or no time to do so.

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the great review Calvin. You booked my services 16 days before your elopement at Walker Park in Kirkwood. You provided the two witnesses and I provided a short, but meaningful ceremony - just as you requested. Many Blessings in your marriage to Jessica. ~Carolyn Burke

Recently Married

Carolyn was great! We had a last minute change due to river flooding and Carolyn was able to accommodate us on less then a weeks notice! She gave a great service and was so fun and up beat!

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

You both have nerves of STEEL to have the wedding moved from the Gateway Riverboat to another site in less than two weeks. I loved your nautical theme - my favorite. Many Blessings. ~Carolyn Burke Wedding Officiant

Services Used: Officiant

We originally hired Carolyn to help us find a venue. After we met with her, we knew we wanted her to officiate our wedding and provide Day of Coordination for us as well.

I could not have made a better choice! Carolyn is funny, energetic and she is so full of information and contacts in the industry. Anything you need - she can get it!

She kept me on track through out the planning process and the day of - I didn't have to worry about a thing. This is coming from someone who has big problems letting go of control - so you know that I had to have total confidence in Carolyn and her assistant.

Everything was perfect and I don't think it could have been that smooth without her.

Bottom line- if you are considering an Officiant or a Coordinator, you should be calling Carolyn ASAP.

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Leslie - you are one of the few to use all THREE of my services. Finding your venue for the reception at the Omni Majestic Hotel was a good match for you. Deciding to hire me as your Officiant and Coordinator was smart as the ceremony venue (Mo Botanical Garden) did not have someone there to coordinate. Your smiles throughout the day was the fuel to keep me on my toes and ready to please. ~Carolyn Burke Wedding Liaison

Kathleen
09/02/2014

Carol was terrific. She truly appreciated how special OUR day was and took her time making our wedding day memorable.

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Kathleen - Thank you for your nice review. You picked a special date to get married which gives each anniversary special meaning. Many Blessings in your marriage to Heath. ~Carolyn Burke Wedding Officiant

Services Used: Officiant

We had a hard time finding an officiant for our wedding who was affordable, will do a non-religious ceremony, and someone we meshed with. Luckily, in the nick of time, we found Carolyn! Her services are very reasonably priced, she is flexible and willing to do a non-religious ceremony, professional, and knowledgeable. We immediately felt like we were in good hands and decided to book.

We emailed and called before the event, planning specifically what the ceremony would entail. She was helpful in making suggestions, but also flexible in doing what we desired. She is very organized and lets you know what to expect.

The day of, she arrived on time and did a few paperwork pieces as planned. She started the ceremony promptly and did everything perfectly! I was, to my surprise, crying practically the whole ceremony and she was very calming as she looked at me, breathed deeply, winked, and helped keep me grounded. She had my vows and held them as I read them. She was fantastic and we were very happy with our ceremony thanks to her! We would recommend Carolyn for your wedding!

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your lovely review Christy. You had the cool idea to add a Wine Box to the ceremony as a way to symbolize your marriage. You had a young teenager playing violin which I thought was precious. Many blessings to you both.

Services Used: Officiant

Carolyn was very helpful, helping you to remember small details that can get lost in the shuffle. Provided great hints along the way and made sure our "show" ran smoothly at the rehearsal, ceremony and reception for a very affordable price. We had an outdoor wedding in a public venue and could not have pulled it off without Carolyn. If you are a DIY bride looking for help and organization on the day of and moments leading up Carolyn could be a great fit. Some if the best money we spent on our day!

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words. We battled the heat, traffic, prom couples, and wind at the Grand Basin and World's Fair Pavilion in Forest Park. You were extremely organized with placement of your props with notes and even photos. A team of other great wedding vendors also helps. Many Blessings in your marriage.

Lauren
04/20/2014

We wanted to thank you for helping us talk through our choices and giving us such helpful tips and advice. We appreciate hearing from an industry expert like you that we can trust them and that they’ll do an excellent job. You have been so helpful and have definitely given us lots of peace of mind about our
choice. I think the consultation really helped us think about what we both wanted, what was important to us, and what we could reasonably afford. I know Chris was worried that we might “miss something” and not even hear about a venue that might have been perfect. But since we have spoken with you and gone over all your materials, I think we’re confident that we have looked at all of our options and received enough information to make a good choice. ~Lauren and Chris

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Wow - calling me an 'industry expert' is a great compliment. I work hard to keep my Resource Guide of venues in St Louis MO and Metro East IL up to date with locations that hold 70 or more guests. Thank you for your kind words.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Carolyn is a very professional and kind woman. She was flexible and accommodating for our needs. She was open to provided hear-to-heart feedback and support during the family drama that we endured and helped me feel special. Carolyn has a challenging career and was able to work well with all our vendors and diverse family members with different opinions by bringing us all together. I would definitely recommend Carolyn to others.

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Tiffany - I'm glad we are now FRIENDS because of your wedding. My favorite part was seeing you with Kevin at the reception with the harpist playing a romantic melody. Such a nice event. Many blessings in your marriage.

David
12/09/2013

Carolyn helped my fiancée and I find a ceremony venue and a reception venue on a budget, with MANY options to choose from! Great value!

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Hey David! You and Valerie were looking for a non-religious ceremony site and a reception site that allows outside catering. My Resource Guide makes it easy to investigate ideas as I make the initial phone call to check on availability and pricing. You were flexible with your wedding date which can help in the process.

Monica
10/13/2013

Greg and I want to send our thanks to you, Carolyn, for such a great job officiating our wedding on October 13. You were FANTASTIC!! We really appreciate your part in our special day. We could not have picked a more beautiful day, weather and ceremony. You really have a gift for speaking, bringing people together, presenting an awesome positive tone and keeping the flow.
Thanks so much!
Monica and Greg Wagner

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

What a fun wedding ceremony. We had a long processional to the site where you exchanged your vows. Bee Tree Park is a wonderful venue to have a short, sweet and simple wedding. Many Blessings! ~Carolyn Burke Wedding Officiant

Michelle
09/14/2013

Carolyn was fabulous! She helped to make my wedding stress free and everything went perfectly. She was very attentive, responsive to all my questions, and a pleasure to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a weeding coordinator.

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

I enjoyed working with you coordinating your Catholic ceremony and working with your day-of wedding vendors at NEO on Locust. Everyone did their role well and made my job much easier.

Sara
09/05/2013

Caroyln is extremely professional, kind and considerate and overall a great addition to our wedding! She was helpful and supportive throughout the entire process and helped calm any stress regarding our big day. We highly recommend Carolyn :)

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words. You were easy to work with and the intimate wedding at Tower Grove Park was simply elegant. Many Blessings in your marriage. ~Carolyn Burke - Wedding Officiant

2+ years ago

My fiance and I had planned a quiet wedding ceremony in St Louis for close friends and family. We were recommended Carolyn by a fellow officiant, not to mention numerous other good online reviews and her website.
We contacted Carolyn and she was very prompt to respond and answer our questions. Once we had agreed upon a date she sent us the details of how she generally conducts her ceremonies. This included the option to select from some of her vows or to make our own, as well as determining the venue and a suitable rehearsal time to be done via telephone. She also offered to do this in person prior to the date, had we so wished.
We met Carolyn for our wedding and she was very polite and friendly, she went through the paper work first, so that the excitement of the wedding wouldn't be lost afterwards, this was a great idea! She conducted our ceremony with great life and enthusiasm, which everyone enjoyed. It was meaningful, yet simple and brief, exactly what we had hoped for!
We both would recommend Carolyn for anyone looking for a celebrant who respects everyone's beliefs and do not want to be bogged down with religious ceremony. It was great to have an open wedding in a beautiful park with close friends, than a cold courthouse in front of a judge, which was the other option!

Thank you Carolyn for making our day special!

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your kind words. Many blessings in your marriage.
Carolyn Burke - Wedding Officiant

Lauren
05/25/2013

Thank you for being such an incredible officiant and liaison. The ceremony was perfect and you helped orchestrate so everything went smoothly and everyone knew what they were doing. We appreciate all of your hard work to make our special day go as planned. Thank you so much for everything.
~Lauren and Mike

Carolyn Burke - Coordinator/Officiant responded with the following comments:

It was fun to work with you in planning the ceremony at The Jewel Box in Forest Park. I feel every wedding there needs some form of a coordinator to get the crowd in and out in the 90-minute time frame. The reception as Hilton at the Ballpark is beautiful in May. ~Carolyn Burke Super Liaison

2+ years ago

Carolyn was great! She was prompt, professional, and kind. We would recommend her to anyone!