Carlo's Bakery

(4.5 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.6 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carlos bakery is the preferred bakery at Liberty House to order your wedding cakes. From the cake tasting to the day before their service was impeccable. We were able to have each cake tier a different flavor to make our wedding extra special. They called the week of the wedding to confirm all details and our guest count for accuracy. And on the wedding day many of our guests were raving about our wedding cake from the design and the quality of taste. Excellent choice for your wedding cake.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I worked with Angelo from Carlo's and it was great. We had nothing to worry about after we picked a flavor and design of the cake; Angelo handled everything. It was delivered on time and was honestly the best wedding cake I have ever had! Would definitely recommend.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carlo's Bakery provided our wedding cake as well as a Batman themed groom's cake I surprised my husband with. I had to do most of my groom's cake ordering through email so my husband wouldn't know what was going on. Marissa was so helpful and was always responsive to my questions. The wedding cake looked beautiful and they were able to make the flowers match perfectly to the bridesmaids dresses. The groom's cake was especially a hit with my husband, guests, and even my other vendors! Thank you to Marissa and Carlo's Bakery for doing a fantastic job!

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding was at the Liberty House in Jersey City NJ, and as part of their wedding package we received our cake through Carlo's bakery. Actually the cake (and the cake tasting) came from their Jersey City location, which is more of a corporate office/huge bakery that isn't a storefront.

The cake tasting was awesome and we loved our cake.

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carlos bakery was awesome I went and met the head decorator Mauro n immediately picked a beautiful cake,I wanted to add a few extras to it so I had numerous discussion about the cake I ,with Angelo , he was patient and he answered my call every time. Not only was the cake beautiful it was delicious. Carlos Bakery isn't just a reality show type of bakery with a lot of hype ,they truly are the real deal. My cake was so good , I picked a black&white cake with fudge filling ,it was square ,with beautiful roses&catalily ,with a few extras ,it so breath taking and delicious. I extremely overwhelmed by it. Thank u Carlos Bakery

Nanette & Ernest
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everyone knows Carlos Bakery from TV but we had the best experience as Hoboken-ites. The price tag was not cheap but MAN the cake was so beautiful and delicious. They completely matched our vision.

I still have guests asking me if there are any leftovers. You know the cake is good when people say they ate two slices at your wedding!

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent job with the cake, delicious!!

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I love simple, floral elegance, and Carlos Bakery has such lovely designs. The cake on my wedding day was even more beautiful than what I viewed at our tasting.

Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

GORGEOUS cake, and absolutely delicious. I am trying so hard not to take the top piece out of the freezer (the wedding was this past Saturday). The tasting was such a good experience and they gave me exactly what I wanted.

• Wedding: 05/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely delicious! We got married at the Hyatt Jersey City, so the cake was included as a part of our package with our venue. Carlos lived up to its reputation and then some! We had our consultation with Mauro - he made it really easy for us - we ended up choosing the chocolate top and vanilla bottom with chocolate ganache in the center - fantastic!

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were really on the fence with going with these guys since they are a huge tourist destination. Our fears all went away once we met with Mauro. What a genuinely nice guy and also very knowledgable.

We will be absolutely returning for occasion cakes from here on out.

ENB
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This is the 3rd time we have gone to Carlo's for a cake and it just keeps getting better. Our wedding cake exceeded our expectations. It was fabulous!!! Such a highlight of the wedding! And most importantly it tasted great!! We worked with Mary to design our unique cake and we got exactly what we wanted and then some. They are an amazing family and it was important for us to use a family business. They take such care and consideration. The cake was so beautiful it hurt to cut into it. I will definitely keep on using them.

• Wedding: 03/30/2013
Carlyle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake was absolutly beautiful and even better it was delicious! The whole process was easy and flawless. It was a sress free experience. Our guests raved at how great it was.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I have watched the show Cake Boss a few times with my fiancée and luckily work close in proximity to the bakery located in Hoboken NJ. I have often enjoyed pastries and sweets with coworkers from the many selections at the bakery. However when we booked our wedding at the Liberty House we were overjoyed to know that our package came with a cake from Carlos Bakery.

In the beginning we were quite nervous that the cake may not be as good as the individual smaller pastries we have had in the past. We booked our cake tasting and brought along my sister and her boyfriend. From the moment our booking was accepted for the tasting everything was extremely simple and a bit of stress automatically lifted. Mauro assisted us in the tasting and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He made our appointment move smoothly and helped provide us with a perfect memory of something we initially thought would be yet another wedding preparation. We selected our cake flavors ( there were many delicious ones to choose from) and requested to have butterflies with our flowers that we spotted on another cake we saw in the room. We explained that our daughter absolutely loved butterflies and she would be ecstatic to see them on the cake. It was not a problem and although it was an added price it was extremely reasonable.

The day of our wedding the cake was absolutely beautiful with every detail that was agreed upon. Our daughter loved the butterflies and we heard nothing but compliments on the cake's beauty. The taste was perfect and exactly what we recalled from our tasting. Although as tradition couples usually save the top cake tier for their 1 year anniversary we decided to devour it while fresh and order a smaller one next year for our anniversary. We just couldn’t let a good thing wait so long!

• Wedding: 02/23/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Carlos bakery was so amazing. In light of the hurricane ( sandy) and the bakery being in Hoboken/ Jersey City, they still made sure I had the exact cake we planned on the day of my wedding ( which changed locations to NYC). It was delicious and the name speaks for itself.

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was perfect for our event. We chose a black and white multiple layered cake with the NYC skyline as a border. The cake itself was delicious, we chose red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and were pleased that it was moist and tasted just like we'd had at our cake tasting with Mauro the pastry chef. He was a great help in choosing what to serve to our guests based upon what we like. Mauro was funny and made the whole experience top notch. I can't tell you how many people told me that they were instructed to get a piece of our wedding cake to take home for sampling, we were afraid we'd run out of cake to serve! Joking aside, Carlos Bakery survived Sandy and will definitely receive our bakery business in the future.

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
Dawn
201-659-3671
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards