Carlo's Bakery

Professionalism
4.7
Value
Flexibility

I went there and it was amazing the cake is amazing and taste even better

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Although it was expensive, our sand castle cake themed came out beautiful and the vanilla cake with caramel filling tasted delicious! We met with the staff at the Westfield, NJ location and they were a pleasure to work with!

3.1

We had our cake tasting and told the cake consultant what we wanted. Closer to the wedding date, we spoke and the consultant was very confused by what we wanted because there's lack of communication from the person before who had left Carlo's. The cake tastes okay, nothing spectacular. Also on the cake, there's MAR on the cake and we were all very confused what that meant. I didn't really care about the cake much so I don't care what MAR actually might mean. I convince my guests they meant marriage. What else could it mean? Maybe Carlo's messed up our name's initials? Whatever, I could care less now, but if you care about how your cake should look, you better make sure they know what they are doing and what they are putting on the cake.

4.1

We received our wedding cake on time and exactly as ordered. The lines are always long,but the help is always accomdating and friendly. They are always there to answer questions and guide you through selecting items.

Michelle
05/09/2015

Carlo’s bakery was the preferred baker for our wedding venue and it was easy to see why. The cake was beautiful but, more importantly, it was absolutely delicious. Our guests could not get enough of it and we’ve been happily eating the leftovers for 3 days now. The staff at Carlo’s was very easy to work with and we were very pleased with our cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Initially I thought something like the wedding cake was important, but not as important as other services. The closer I got to my wedding, I realized that every single aspect of your wedding is just as important as the others because just one can ruin the others. SO thankful I went with Carlo's and ended up with a beautiful and DELICIOUS cake! Thanks guys!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had our wedding at the Hyatt in Jersey City. Carlo's Bakery is a preferred vendor for the Hyatt. A few months before our wedding we booked a tasting at their Jersey City facility with Ray. They let us choose from approximately 25 different cake styles and then let us have a tasting with 8-10 different pre-made fillings. With our guest count they gave us a 4-tier cake. Ray gave us free reign with the cake and told us we could have a different filling in each tier if we wanted to. We ended up choosing a strawberry shortcake, red velvet and black/white with fudge filling for our tiers. The cake was delicious!!!! We wanted to change the color for our flowers on the cake and Carlos's charged a nominal fee. It totally made the cake! Thank you to Ray and the staff for making us a delicious centerpiece for the wedding!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Carlos bakery is the preferred bakery at Liberty House to order your wedding cakes. From the cake tasting to the day before their service was impeccable. We were able to have each cake tier a different flavor to make our wedding extra special. They called the week of the wedding to confirm all details and our guest count for accuracy. And on the wedding day many of our guests were raving about our wedding cake from the design and the quality of taste. Excellent choice for your wedding cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My husband and I worked with Angelo from Carlo's and it was great. We had nothing to worry about after we picked a flavor and design of the cake; Angelo handled everything. It was delivered on time and was honestly the best wedding cake I have ever had! Would definitely recommend.

1 Review
Recently Married

Ill start by saying that our wedding cake from Carlos was absolutely delicious! You can never expect much from wedding cake - however our cake from Carlos was wonderful, and actually many guests commented how delicious the cake tasted both at the reception and after. We chose a simple black and white cake w a strawberry cream filling, and went with whip cream frosting rather than fondant. Sounds pretty basic and simple - but it was soo super yummy and fresh.

My only issue, which wasn't a huge one for me, but can certainly be a major one for some brides, is they did not frost the cake in the colors we had chosen and settled on at our tasting consultation. We even provided a picture of basic rose piping in pink on every other tier, when we got to the reception i saw that the piping and cake decor was perfect, however the whole cake was white, not pink as indicated on our receipt. Our florist had also decorated the cake w flowers Ect so It looked beautiful regardless of the color mix-up, however, to someone this would of been a huge deal (and rightfully so).

All in all I would get another cake from cArlos. The product was excellent and enjoyed by all.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Carlo's Bakery provided our wedding cake as well as a Batman themed groom's cake I surprised my husband with. I had to do most of my groom's cake ordering through email so my husband wouldn't know what was going on. Marissa was so helpful and was always responsive to my questions. The wedding cake looked beautiful and they were able to make the flowers match perfectly to the bridesmaids dresses. The groom's cake was especially a hit with my husband, guests, and even my other vendors! Thank you to Marissa and Carlo's Bakery for doing a fantastic job!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our wedding was at the Liberty House in Jersey City NJ, and as part of their wedding package we received our cake through Carlo's bakery. Actually the cake (and the cake tasting) came from their Jersey City location, which is more of a corporate office/huge bakery that isn't a storefront.

The cake tasting was awesome and we loved our cake.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We had a lovely time working with Angelo from Carlo's. Our cake turned out fantastic and was appreciated by all. Thank you and it was a pleasure working with you! ~Neha & Jithin Raghunath

Nanette & Ernest
1+ year ago

Carlos bakery was awesome I went and met the head decorator Mauro n immediately picked a beautiful cake,I wanted to add a few extras to it so I had numerous discussion about the cake I ,with Angelo , he was patient and he answered my call every time. Not only was the cake beautiful it was delicious. Carlos Bakery isn't just a reality show type of bakery with a lot of hype ,they truly are the real deal. My cake was so good , I picked a black&white cake with fudge filling ,it was square ,with beautiful roses&catalily ,with a few extras ,it so breath taking and delicious. I extremely overwhelmed by it. Thank u Carlos Bakery

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The team at Carlos was great to work with and reassured me throughout the process that I didn't have to worry about anything. And, they were right! The cake and black and white cookie favors were a hit - looked beautiful and so delicious. The only snag was that their selection offered through our contract was disappointingly limited (they have a pre set contract with our venue). However, his team went out of their way to figure out a way to make the cake I was looking for and were so accommodating from that point forward. It was a great experience for both us and our guests!

1+ year ago

Everyone knows Carlos Bakery from TV but we had the best experience as Hoboken-ites. The price tag was not cheap but MAN the cake was so beautiful and delicious. They completely matched our vision.

I still have guests asking me if there are any leftovers. You know the cake is good when people say they ate two slices at your wedding!