Carillon Historical Park

(3.6/5.0)

Sort By:

4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
We just had our wedding here and I can't get over how perfect, smooth and wonderful the day was. It was so perfect because Jessica, our coordinator, and the Dayton History staff were organized, attentive and thorough to make sure everything was the way we wanted it. Jessica was prompt to answer emails, always willing to meet with us and thought of every, single detail along the way; there were so many things that slipped my mind that she thought of! Not to mention that she took care of everything with a patient and friendly smile!

The venue is also gorgeous and unique. I love that we were able to have the beauty of an outdoor ceremony with the convenience of an indoor reception (especially with Ohio weather!) Taking photos throughout the park was fabulous - there were so many places to take pretty shots!

Two thing to keep in mind: The venue is a museum so there are little things that you might not be able to do. For example, you can't light candles and you can only set up two hours before the event because the museum is open during the day. This wasn't a problem for us as we just paid reasonable fees for our vendors to set up and the Dayton History staff did a spectacular job making sure everything was where it was suppose to be! Also, you must purchase all alcohol and rentals through the park's designated vendor.

The day was perfect and I wouldn't have changed a single thing! Thank you, Carillon Park!
Wedding: 08/31/2014

Private User 2 Reviews
Our daughter and her fiance were recently married at Carillon Park. The ceremony was on the bridge outside the Dicke Family Transportation Center, with cocktails on the patio area and dinner reception inside the Transportation Center. We couldn't have been more pleased with how well everything went. The venue was both unique and lovely, and our guests were very complimentary of both the venue and the vendors. Our event coordinator was Jessica. She was professional, accommodating and every easy to work with. Whenever I had questions or concerns about something Jessica was quick to respond and alleviate any anxieties we may have had. If she didn't have an answer right away she did her research and got back to me as soon as possible. Working with Jessica and Dayton History/Carillon Park truly made the wedding planning easy and fun. If we were to plan the wedding again I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you Jessica and Carillon Park for all you did to make the newly married couple's wedding such a wonderful and memorable event!
Wedding: Recently Married
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0

Private User 3 Reviews
We had our ceremony on the bridge outside the Transportation Center and our reception inside the Transportation Center. It is a beautiful, unique location that all our guests enjoyed & provided us with some of the most beautiful wedding photos ever! We originally had Christina as our coordinator. She was flighty, unresponsive, and unprofessional. Halfway through our planning, she left Carillon Park and Sarah took over our planning. It was a night & day difference! Sarah was the epitome of professionalism & did everything to help us create our perfect day.
I loved having our wedding here but wish we'd been able to have more time for setting up and cleaning up. We also were told we could take pictures on the trains inside the Transportation Center while the museum was open. The begruding docent finally let us on the train but told us she could not turn on the lights for us.
Wedding: Recently Married
3.9/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Location:We had our wedding ceremony on the bridge and our reception in the transportation center. There is a wooded area there where light streams through and it made our vintage wedding look spectacular. The outdoor museum setting is automatically amazing for photos. The bridge is right in front of the woods. Sarah Baranski was the coordinator who worked with us the most. She was reliable and communicated with the vendors on our behalf.On the wedding day when I felt like everything was a blur and it didn't occur to me to wonder where the bouquets were, she appeared out of nowhere on a golf cart with all of our bouquets and delivered them right to where we were doing bridesmaids pictures. She was even there to hand me my bouquet right before I was walked down the isle. She made a difference in our day and was very organized/ quick to respond to emails. Value and flexibility: It is an expensive venue in my opinion and they do charge you extra if you want your reception to end later. I do feel that for the price of the reception there should be more setup by staff included. I had a few family friends have to work their butts off to decorate in time bc they restrict setup time to start at 3:30 pm and we had a 5:30 wedding. You do have to use their bar service or you have to pay a large fee just to bring in your own alcohol. We had them do the bar and as far as I could tell it was great. Overall, our wedding turned out great! We had the dj and dancing outdoors on the patio between the bridge and the transportation center. I loved the fact that it was one venue that served all purposes for the day. Once guests are there, they don't have to worry about driving to some other reception site. They did also gift us a one year membership to the museum as a thank you for using them.
Wedding: 09/28/2013
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
I cannot say enough how beautiful and wonderful our wedding was at Carillon. Firstly, it is a unique venue that provides a wonderland of great photo opportunities. Our photographer (who also is a friend of ours) had a field day thinking of creative and beautiful shots. Secondly, the venue is pleasing for all ages. We had our wedding ceremony on the lawn and the reception inside the main building. The adults were thrilled with the exhibits and walking around the park, while the children had plenty of room to run around. It is a gorgeous location, and it's exciting to tell people we were married at a historical site.

However, what made the experience even better was Sarah Baranski. When my husband and I first explored Carillon as a possibility, she was not our wedding coordinator, and we were having some challenges with the previous coordinator (arriving late, canceling meetings, etc.). Sarah came on board closer to our date. She is amazing. She is calm, collected, and professional while also being warm and helpful. She went beyond her duties as a wedding coordinator - when I couldn't figure out how to bustle my own dress train, she stepped right in and did it for me. She was also great at keeping the pace of the evening going without seeming pushy.
Some suggestions:
1. Be careful of having your ceremony on the lawn if it might rain. It gets pretty muddy, especially right before the staircase. The park put some wooden panels down, but people's shoes and dresses still got muddied. That was more my fault that I didn't bring the ceremony inside (not the park's) but just a warning to future brides.
2. The park is very specific about vendors - just be sure to choose from the list of caterers they suggest, etc.
3. There was some confusion with the bridal suite - the caterers were in there when I was supposed to be getting ready, so I actually did not get fully dressed until close to the ceremony.
Wedding: 07/06/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I had my wedding reception at the Carillon Transportation Center and couldn't have asked for a better experience. I worked with Sarah, who was incredibly professional, quick to respond, and a joy to work with. I was planning my own wedding and Carillon was very accomodating in allowing me to visit the park and reception center at nearly any time so I could get a better idea of the flow and space of the reception. They also coordinated with my lighting vendors, cake vendor, DJ's, and caterer so that the event went nearly flawlessly. We were also able to do photo-taking around the park, which provides for a historical and vintage backdrop. This reception site is beautiful and unique and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something out of the ordinary. My guests were very pleased to be able to see the park and have a full night of dancing outside beside the bridge and glass building- they comment, even until now, about how memorable the location was. I was truly thankful for this wonderful experience with Carillon Park.
Wedding: 06/15/2013

Megan 3 Reviews
We loved having our reception at the Dicke Transportation Center at Carillon Historical Park. The venue was so unique (so many of our guests told us how cool they thought the place was!) and had the right mix of indoor and outdoor space for dinner and a fun dance party. We enjoyed working with Sarah Baranski, our event coordinator, and all of the staff who was present at our reception. We had a docent present for the first hour, so people were able to walk inside the trains, and they seemed to enjoy doing that. All of the staff was very professional, responsive, and pleasant to work with. The only thing we wished they had that they didn't was recycling for bottles and cans. So, we brought a few tubs to collect the recycling and some friends hauled it away at the end of the night. We were ok doing the work around (and glad the staff was cool with it) since recycling is important to us, but we do hope the park can institute a program in the near future. Overall, it was a great experience working with them and we are so happy we chose Carillon Historical Park for our reception!
Wedding: 06/08/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our wedding experience at Carillon was absolutely perfect. We booked the Towne Greene for the ceremony and the Education Center for the reception. About 2 weeks before the wedding, the wedding coordinator we had been working with for a year took a different job, giving us a brand new coordinator right before the big day. Admittedly it was a little nerve wracking at first. However, the worry was all for nothing. Sarah and her crew were completely calm and well-prepared. She met with me right before the wedding and seemed very confident that she knew all the details of our day and she communicated that with us very well. She put me at ease and I was able to enjoy the day. On the actual day, Sarah and her team were always around if needed but they were never in the way. I found out afterwards about various little problems that Sarah fixed, such as when the ring bearer's bow tie broke. Even with a 50% chance of rain for an outdoor ceremony, they let us chance it and we ended up getting perfect weather throughout the ceremony. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend getting married at this fantastic venue.
Wedding: 05/18/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5
The Transportation Center at Carillon Park was an amazing venue! We had a large wedding and needed a tent on the patio to accommodate everyone plus the dance floor. Christina from Dayton History was great to work with and took care of everything that we needed. We did all of our rentals through Dayton History and that all worked out really well. Even though the tent blocked the view of the bridge from inside the building, it still looked great and everything was really beautiful. We had the doors of the building open to the tent outside and it was pretty cold and windy that day, but I wouldn't have changed anything about our reception site. Everything was amazing, including the staff from Dayton History who also did our bar. Some of our guests said it was the best bar at a wedding they've experienced and there was hardly ever a line!
Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
OH MY GOODNESS! This place is AMAZING!!!! Summer the coordinator is so sweet, and easy to talk to. She's on top of every detail and will meet with you on your time. Everything turned out JUST AS I PICTURED IT! I got so many compliments on it, they give you their prices for rental of linens and setup everythig for you the day of! You also get a year of free membership to the park as their wedding gift to you and you cannot BEAT the scenery of historical buildings, covered bridges and it's right by the river. You also get access to the park for engagement photos and wedding day photos the day of ALL DAY! so we went there ahead of time and did photos there before the ceremony/reception! They have a carousel you can get great shots on as well :) Super unique, great staff, environment etc. NOT ONE complaint! I loved it and it was our favorite part of the whole day!
Wedding: 07/07/2012
4.0/5.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Beautiful venue. We had our reception in the Transportation center. They were very responsive, but because it is a historical park, there is very little flexibility with the time of your reception, catering, and bar.
Wedding: 05/05/2012
2.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.5
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
I love the park, and am very happy we had our ceremony and reception here, however I was less than pleased with many things. We worked with several different workers throughout the process, each of whom told us slightly different things about what we could and couldn't do. Summer is ditsy and it often takes several emails before she will respond. She forgets things that were talked about. The day before the wedding I was told I'd be working with a different park employee who knew nothing about what we had planned. She was a complete idiot and many of the things were done incorrectly or not put out as I had promised. They really need to get their act together. The waitstaff and bartenders were great at the actual event and I was given alot of compliments by guests. That being said, I love the park and would still have my wedding there if I had to do it again. Would just be a bit more pushy/vigilant about things.
Wedding: 09/24/2011
1.1/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.5
  • Flexibility:  1.0
Terrible service. The bartenders were very rude and told one of our guests they do not serve the "help" because he was African American. They also ran out of alcohol an hour before it was to close and they were very rude about the whole thing. There was also another wedding at the park and they said I would not see the other bridal party but they were walking around at my reception. The air conditioning got turned off during the reception and it took many people saying something to get them to turn it back on. Terrible service. I would not suggest having your wedding here.
Wedding: 06/17/2011
1.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.5
  • Responsiveness:  1.5
  • Professionalism:  0.5
  • Value:  1.0
  • Flexibility:  2.0
The sales staff at Carillon does a great job, but it ended there. Our event staff on the day of the ceremony were essentially absent. They acted clueless about everything that we had reviewed multiple times in advance. Summer Brading was a bit scattered and wasn't terribly helpful. Billing took forever and was actually sent to me but billed to an incorrect consumer.
Wedding: 05/27/2011