Cari Duprey, Hair & Makeup Artistry

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

My husband and I eloped in NYC in March and Cari did both my hair and make up. She was recommended to us by our photographer. I feel so lucky to have found her! She arrived at our hotel before dawn so that we could be ready to take pictures by the Brooklyn Bridge at sunrise. She worked quickly, gently, and kindly. She has a great sense of humor, which put us at ease. Even our dog, who typically dislikes strangers, didn't seem to mind that she stopped by! Cari's work is natural and flattering. I trusted her completely, and was overwhelmed with happiness when I saw the final look in the mirror. I looked just like myself, which was important to me, but definitely jazzed up :-) I couldn't recommend Cari more highly.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Loved Loved Loved Cari. My makeup was absolutely amazing for my wedding and lasted all day long!!!

Julie
10/30/2013

brilliant from beginning to the end. Totally made me feel at ease and was very flexible when I needed to move appointments forward etc. Absolutely lovely and even sent me on my way with goodies for in my handbag for the day eg mini hairspray and oil blotters. highly recommend.

Emily
10/12/2013

Cari and her colleague were really great to work with on the day of my wedding! When we arrived they had everything set up for me and my bridesmaids and from there on it was smooth sailing. They took all the stress away from the "getting ready" part. They did a fantastic job. I have never felt more beautiful in my life. Cari did my hair and make up and made me feel like a princess. I have curly hair which can be a challenge but I love how she did the curls, in fact I like what she did so much that I want to meet with her again for a hair and make up consult!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I'm so happy that I found Cari! Deciding on beauty stylists for me (and my 12 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and 1 grandmother!) was a somewhat stressful experience until I was referred to Cari. The process of working with her prior to the wedding was easy and refreshing. I wasn't able to make a trial appointment because I live out of state, but I trusted that I was in good hands and I was right. Cari and her girls were so accommodating to our large party, made us all look & feel beautiful, and had so much fun - nothing like a room full of giggling ladies getting all done up the morning of your wedding to get rid of nerves :)

Jaclyn
08/16/2013

Cari is simply the best! She is so calming...kind...and talented!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Cary was a joy to work with and does fabulous hair and makeup. Especially considering i was an elopement bride who she had never met or even seen until the morning of my wedding. I'm fairly certain she has magical powers and highly recommend her services!

Rachel
07/26/2013

Cari did such a fantastic job - my friend and I were so happy with our hair and make up. Cari was great to deal with, very responsive, friendly and down to earth. I would highly recommend Cari.

Nicole
07/19/2013

Cari did an unbelievable job on my makeup for my wedding. My bridesmaids, mother and grandmother, and of course myself couldn't have loved her work anymore. Cari is professional, easy to work with, and so kind. She was catering to all of my needs and obviously passionate about her art in makeup and helping people feel great.

1+ year ago

Cari is amazing! She is a pleasure to work with and did an outstanding job with my hair and makeup. I highly recommend her services!

Chrissy
06/15/2013

Cari was fantastic! So good in fact, that my maid of honor is booking her for her wedding! She has such a calm demeanor, which made me immediately comfortable. Let alone, she gave me makeup tips which I applied to my everyday looks! I had horrific trials with other artists - thank god I found CARI!

1+ year ago

Cari was super friendly and really great to work with. Her hair and makeup skills were second to none. She can definitely turn you into a stunning bride!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Cari was amazing!!!! One of the first compliments I get on my wedding is my makeup. Every woman I speak with about it tells me how great my hair and makeup was. The most common comments is that I looked natural but didn't look plain or like I had nothing on. Cari is very friendly and down to earth. She answered all my emails very quickly and was very informative. I felt like I hit the jackpot hiring Cari; to get someone that is very professional, yet down to earth/friendly and experienced all in one!!! I can't thank her enough for making me feel so beautiful on my special day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Cari was great. She came to my apartment on 2 separate occasions to make sure I had the look I wanted for my wedding day. The thing about Cari that I really like is that she is super talented and can create anything you want. She doesn't have one particular style that she lives and dies by, but rather l asks you questions about how you'd like to look, about your everyday style and about your personality. I told her my personal style, showed her some pictures of what I liked and she literally recreated exactly what I wanted. She is very professional, really REALLY easy to talk to (I felt 100% comfortable telling her what I liked/didn't like) and she is just a really sweet, down to earth girl.

Even my bridesmaids who I was worried about liking any sort of updo were raving about how awesome she was. My MOM, who is the pickiest person on the planet couldn't have been happier with her hair and makeup. I was shocked. My whole wedding party looked stunning and it was all thanks to Cari!

My best advice for anyone using Cari would be to just be honest with her if you don't like a certain look she creates and she will be 100% open to it and help you create something you are happy with. She's truly awesome like that and really just wants you to feel beautiful/happy...you can tell she gets a lot of satisfaction out of it!!!

Her prices are in line with NYC averages...high...but if I was doing it all over I would 100% use Cari.

Effie
04/23/2013

Cari was great and provided great hair and makeup for my wedding day! She was very professional and relaxed, and was able to take a few pictures and descriptions and turn it into hair and makeup that I loved! Highly recommended

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Cari was a joy to work with--extremely professional but also very friendly, and a calming presence on a hectic day. The results were wonderful--people loved how my friends and I looked. I'll never look so glamorous again.