Cara Mia Photography

Cara Mia Photography

Wedding photojournalism that captures the heart...

San Francisco, California

Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We discovered Cara's photographic services on-line which led us to her website and we were immediately struck and very impressed by her creative photo journalistic style of photography. So we knew right from the start that we had found someone who's work was very much in line with what we were looking for.
Our initial contact with Cara via email and then skype was met with a personal regard as well as an impeccable professionalism. Cara was clear, on time, flexible and responsive with all the preparations leading up to our big day.
On the day of our wedding Cara was everything we had experienced of her up that point and more. Being a bit of a photographer myself, I quickly recognized that day Cara was very good at what she does on a functional level, let alone on a creativity level. Her ability to ride the balance between being where she needed to be for her shots, not be pushy or get in the way at all and yet at times give clear and succinct instructions for certain shots left no doubt we were in the hands of an accomplished professional.
So when we sat down to watch the slideshow of the photos Cara had taken of our wedding day , I had no doubt that we were about to see some our wedding day through the eyes of an accomplished photographer. Well , we were blown away beyond what we could have imagined. Cara's ability to give and add certain perspective, using a variety of lens and angle views was remarkable. Her ability to see and select certain shots to be rendered into black and white clearly increased their impact. She did not miss a thing and she brought out aspects of our day that we had barely noticed.
In short Cara's photographic work on our wedding day was comprehensive, creative, illuminating, tender, bold, touching and captivating. She is a true artist as well as an elegant technician with her work.

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
Michael
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was a pleasure to have Cara as part of our wedding. We love how she really captured the aesthetic of our wedding and the wedding venue, and especially her candid shots had a way of capturing key moments. She and her assistant worked the room well together. They even scoped out hidden areas where they thought they could capture better scenery and suggested when and where to take more picture perfect photos. We love looking over the pictures especially since things were going so fast on our wedding day it was hard to process all that was going on. Cara was a pleasure to have as part of the wedding party. She was professional and she has a calming presence that was pleasant to be around during the whole day. While getting ready, Cara used the the room decor to highlight accessories and wedding details. She was also very flexible when we were planning the wedding (she came all the way from Ireland for the wedding) and matching her services to meet our needs and budget.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
Lorenzo
4.9/5.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara was charming and professional. She made the entire bridal party feel comfortable, as was evident in the posed photos. The pictures of the bridal couple (my daughter and son-in-law) captured the feel of the day, and the joy and love they were sharing. Even the reception photos--usually a mixed lot--were a delight. I am planning on choosing Cara again in the future, when my next daughter has her special day.

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
Pamela
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara of Cara Mia Photography is a very professional photographer and did an amazing job on our wedding. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Cara as she not only photographed our wedding day but also our engagement photos as well. Our photos turned out so beautifully and she captured our special day with such poise and professionalism. I would highly recommend Cara Mia Photography.

• Wedding: 10/20/2012
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara was great! We only met with her once before the wedding to go over logistics, and everything went smoothly during the whole event. Cara and her assistant were professional and flexible with the pictures/poses we wanted. I love her photojournalism style. After viewing Cara's pictures, it was exactly the way we remembered our wedding. The only thing I have to complain about is that we received the CD of high res photos much later than was originally agreed upon. Overall, she was fantastic to work with!

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Cara was very professional and fun to work with during the wedding. She provided both creative and traditional settings for photographs. We were very pleased with all of the pictures and slideshow. She captured the day so beautifully.

• Wedding: 02/18/2012
Terry
  • Flexibility: 5.0

One word describes our wedding photos - AH-MAZING! We couldn't be happier with both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Cara really takes the time to get to know you and not only makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera but makes sure you look like a super model in the photos. I didn't think I was very photogenic, but even I think I look damn good in those pics! Check out this beautiful blog post she created about our wedding:

Cara and Brian make sure to capture all the funny, touching, loving, exciting, amazing moments that happen on that oh so special day so that you end up with a collection of beautifully captured memories.

Hire Cara and Brian for your wedding! You will love what you see!

• Wedding: 08/06/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara took SO many amazing pictures that truly captured the emotion, excitement, and love of the day! Cara and Brian make an incredible team, and she helped us be so comfortable in front of the camera. She has a true gift for not only capturing it all, yet making it feel like, "Of course, you should be there." I know I'm bias, yet our friends, family, and colleagues have expressed similar sentiments in response to seeing the photos she took and have absolutely been blown away by the slideshow she created.

In hindsight, it's clear the time Cara took during the consultation and venue walk through to get to know us, our plans, and our hopes for the day were reflected in the pictures she took. I feel like I could go on and on, yet without hesitation I can say, Cara is worth every penny! As a result, you will have nothing to worry about on your wedding day or any other special day regarding photos. She'll make you feel like superstars and the pictures will be priceless. ~Jillian & Steph

• Wedding: 07/03/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara did a wonderful job at our wedding. The pictures were great and really captured the joy, laughter, and happiness of the "Big Day". During the ceremony, dinner and reception Cara and her husband Brian got some great photos and blended in to the scenery without sticking out. I would defiantly recommend Cara Mia Photography for your wedding or any special occasion.

• Wedding: 06/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

CaraMia photography brings a creative and imaginative eye to a wedding such as I have never before seen in wedding photography. She and her partner seem to be able to get into the spirit of the wedding and catch the true joy, rather than the stiff smiles and repetitive poses you see in most wedding albums. I was amazed. I highly recommend them for any event you might be planning.
Michel Shain- Hunter and Alana wedding 5/21/11

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara and Brian did an amazing job photographing our wedding this past spring! We got to know Cara when we did an engagement shoot the prior winter and were extremely satisfied with those pictures--she takes beautiful and fun photos that capture the excitement of the engagement. On our wedding day, Cara and Brian were incredible. All of our friends and family felt at ease with them and as a result we have more than a thousand photographs that capture so many different moments of the wedding day, from the smallest detail to the towering redwood trees that Cara photographs so well. From a professional standpoint, Cara is prompt at returning emails and phone calls and we had no concerns or issues working with her or the Pictage site she uses to post photographs. Highly recommended!

• Wedding: 05/21/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara and Brian are a fantastic team. They worked unobtrusively together, capturing every aspect and detail of our daughter's wedding day -- from classic, romantic wedding poses to intimate, candid shots. They were extremely professional, flexible and easy to work with -- before, during and after the wedding day. Both their color and B&W photography is stunning, making it a very valuable investment in our daughter's happy memories! I highly recommend Cara Mia Photography.

• Wedding: 05/07/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara and Brian were a great find for our wedding. I had a recommendation to call Cara and we hit it off immediately on the phone. I really felt like she wanted to know about my husband and I as a couple and also wanted to get a good idea for the "feel" of the wedding ahead of time. Cara and Brian showed up at our hotel at 6:30 in the morning (they should get 5 stars for that alone!) to take photos before our morning wedding. They were professional and friendly and blended into the background (so they could capture great shots without people feel self-conscious). They did a great job of photographing not only the standard wedding shots but also details and special touches (amazing shots of the ring bearers, details of the various dresses and outfits, and architectural details of the vintage hotel at which we were getting ready). I would absolutely recommend Cara and Brian to my family and friends! - Julie & Nate

• Wedding: 11/13/2010
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara and Brian were amazing for our San Francisco wedding! Cara met with us to before the wedding to discuss pricing/packages, but more importantly she was there to get to know us as a couple and get a feel for what we wanted from our photographer. She was extremely helpful but not over-bearing while we were getting ready and taking pictures before the wedding; she has a very calm manner, which was great to ease my pre-ceremony anxiety a bit. They both took charge of the family portraits post-ceremony quickly and efficiently. She suggested a great place to go do Bridal Party portraits, and it fit perfectly with what Todd and I envisioned. They were not overly present at the reception, making sure to catch the candid moments that were so important to us, yet they also felt like guests at the wedding and fit in with all of our friends and family.

Most importantly, when the pictures came (she made an amazing slideshow within 3 weeks of the wedding that we have shared with almost everyone in our lives), we were blown away by how they turned out. Family and friends have nothing but raving things to say about the pictures. To quote one of my best friends, "your photographer did a great job making beautiful people and places even more amazing, you have pictures that should be in magazines!" I couldn't agree more, I couldn't be happier with the end result. Now we have the daunting task of choosing which pictures we want out of almost 1300 files, if I could order them all, I would!

• Wedding: 10/15/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara and Brian are a wonderful team/couple, who captured the special moments and spirit of our wedding! We are so pleased to have found them - their humor, professionalism and friendly demeanor was a pleasure. We were looking for photographers who weren't "in your face", and I honestly didn't notice them at our wedding. They sent photos promptly to us, and we couldn't be happier with their photos! I definitely recommend Cara Mia Photography for all events!

• Wedding: 07/17/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cara is a true artist. Her pictures of us really showed who we are through our wedding photos. I met with her early on in the process and knew right away that she was perfect for us. She can Her pictures were artistic and she didn't miss a single detail. She was able to capture unique moments and perspectives- but not at the expense of the traditional portraits I had asked for. Most importantly, my guests adored her. In short, I highly recommend her to anyone who cares about beautiful photography and a meticulous record of their special day.

• Wedding: 06/26/2010