Camp Lucy

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

We knew Camp Lucy was our venue the moment we stepped on the grounds! The staff has been nothing but professional and helpful. It is so gorgeous and we are so thankful to have our special day at Camp Lucy!

Recently Married

Pricey venue, but a perfect venue. The grounds are immaculate, the chapel is beautiful, the reception hall is large but cozy like a log cabin. The staff is incredibly helpful, and overall the site makes a perfect day even better than you could ever imagine. Everything ran so smoothly at our wedding we couldn't have been happier with how things turned out. We booked well over a year in advance, we also booked all of the on-site cabins well in advance. The one negative is the lack of hotels in the area. You have to use the catering from Camp Lucy, but the food is delicious. You can also buy your own alcohol and just pay the bartenders to serve it, which worked out well for us.

Recently Married

Just had our wedding at Camp Lucy two weeks ago - it was a Sunday morning wedding, followed by Brunch.

I loved how professional the entire staff was regarding our event - I was concerned that there might be trouble getting everything set up since we live in the Houston area, but as it turns out I had nothing to worry about. Most of the time we communicated via email, and then we had one final coordination meeting in person close to the wedding day. Some people may not like the idea that the rentals and catering is restricted to Whim Events, but I actually think this was great since it meant that they all knew each other and had done plenty of events together before. I loved that Camp Lucy assigned a "venue coordinator" and also that for the final meeting we sat down with the caterer and the rentals people - everything worked out perfect.

The venue was clean, and everything was set up without problems of any kind - they all worked together flawlessly and I had absolutely nothing to worry about the entire day!

2 people found this review helpful

I cannot give a stronger recommendation for a venue and staff for the most important day of your life. Camp Lucy and the entire Whim staff were exceptional and exceeded any expectations we could have ever imagined.
My wife and I got married under the "lovers arch" outside at the Ian's Chapel Venue. The entire Ian's Chapel venue is gorgeous as is and requires minimal decorations. Perfectly capturing the beauty of the Austin Hill Country, but still providing a perfect blend of elegance and class. About 60-70% of our guests were from all over North America and everyone is still raving about how beautiful the venue is. Our guests described a certain peace and serenity that the hill country provided as the perfect background, as we committed to a lifetime of happiness.
The pavilion with the gorgeous green Spanish tile acted as the perfect host to a seamless transition from ceremony into our cocktail hour. It continued our goal of an elegant, but still Texan rustic feel to our wedding. The great lawn allowed us to set up games for the kids to run out energy and not take away from the tremendous atmosphere and sophistication of the cocktail hour.
We cannot say enough about the event center. Once again, the venue is beautiful as is and needs minimal decorations. The hall was large enough to provide an intimate, but still comfortable feel for our 200 guests.
Most importantly the Camp Lucy/Whim staff is OUTSTANDING! They handled the day with ease and the progression of the wedding felt natural. Sabrina Read was our coordinator and it was an amazing experience from initial introduction to weeks after the wedding in a genuine thank you. The food....WOW! Before my wedding others told me to not worry about the menu because no one remembers the food. This is not true at Camp Lucy. My wife and I are definite "foodies" and the meal was one of the best we have ever had.
Please consider booking Camp Lucy to help make the best day of your life that much more special and easy.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Camp Lucy was such a wonderful choice for me. I work in management at a very customer focused company who pride themselves on customer service and I was always impressed with everyone I spoke with at Camp Lucy. From booking the venue to working out last minute details, catering and day of issues - they were so helpful! Tara Blackwell was our site manager and she did an amazing job of make sure everything was taken care of promptly and correctly. She helped the wedding day go smoothly and let us enjoy it. The food was amazing - Mac and Cheese was so delicious (as was everything else). The venue was beautiful, clean and well kept. You won't be disappointed in your experience and they are worth every penny!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Camp Lucy is a truly wonderful wedding venue!! Everything is highest level of beautiful sophistication. From Ian's chapel with its romantic richness and carved beamed ceiling to the charming bridal suite. The gorgeous grounds makes a stunning backdrop for wedding pictures. The staff was always friendly and available, assuring the wedding ran smoothly. We stayed at the Camp Lucy cottages where they went above and beyond to accommodate all our needs!! Camp Lucy makes for a memorable wedding our guest loved.

Recently Married

When I began my venue search for our wedding, I was instantly drawn to the romantic trees of Sacred Oaks and knew that I wanted to get married beneath them. Upon touring the venue, I was even more pleasantly surprised by the reception area with it's sky-high ceilings and unique craftsmanship. Working with the staff at Camp Lucy was a breeze from the first days of correspondence, and while we did have a planner who worked closely with many of them, I never felt out of the loop or taken by surprise. I especially loved working with Tara and Randi in the weeks leading up to the wedding as well as the day of. Randi worked diligently to make sure we would get everything we wanted and more from our food and her flexibility and positive nature just made such a difference in the overall experience. Speaking of the food, it was absolutely amazing! Every one of our guests raved about the meal that Chef Rob prepared, which was something I really wanted to prioritize for our day. The service was excellent as well and really ensured that the day rolled smoothly. Everything about the day was perfect and I can not thank everyone who worked with us enough for their role.

Patricia
12/27/2014

"Best food I've ever had at a wedding!" "What a beautiful chapel!" "The reception hall, with its rich wood, elegant lighting and beautiful stone fireplace, was exquisite!" "Everything with the wedding just flowed so perfectly!" These were the comments we heard from our guests at our daughter's recent wedding at Camp Lucy and we heartily agree!!!!! And as beautiful as the venue is, the professionalism of their staff may be their biggest asset. They were right on with their advice. While we did not use the extras the venue offered, we did engage one of their recommended wedding coordinators for the month of the wedding. Kim Hunt has to be the best there is! She worked tirelessly in helping us that last month, communicated well with and managed all the vendors and ran the event to perfection. I highly recommend her and Camp Lucy!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Look no further! Great staff, awesome location, beautiful scenery and we can't wait to visit for our one year anniversary.
Thank you Camp Lucy!!

1 Review
Recently Married

Kristen White coordinated our daughter's wedding at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy and helped us every step of the way. We live in Dallas, and the bride has been working in NYC for 5 years. As University of Texas graduates, the couple wanted an Austin wedding. We met Kristen at a Camp Lucy open house in September 2013, and she immediately suggested musicians, cake designers, and photographers. Kristen arranged vendor meetings exactly 1 year before the wedding when we could be in town.
Kristen promptly responded to questions and guided us along a path to a "perfect wedding." On the day of the wedding we had a vendor crisis, and she contacted the owner and "saved the day." Kristen met with us and vendors a year in advance for rental choices, catering planning, and floral planning. We happened to be in town Labor Day weekend 2014 for a family reunion, and she arranged her schedule to meet us on Sunday morning to finalize plans.
When we arrived from Dallas two days before the wedding, Kristen met us at night in the hotel parking lot to transfer our huge car load to her car to store items for the ceremony. She was always calm, joyful, patient, and worked really hard behind the scene at the wedding to make sure all went smoothly. Prayers were answered for a beautiful evening ceremony outdoors, and the couple's friends sent these comments on Instagram: stunning, killer wedding, stunning cake, beautiful send off (with sparklers), like out of a movie, beautiful, gorgeous...

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning

I first found out about Camp Lucy (Ian's Chapel) while attending my third Austin Bridal Extravaganza back in 2011. Truth be told my future maid of honor and I would attend these extravaganzas as "brides" merely to enjoy all the free bbq and wedding cake! Fast forward two years, 200 cake samples and about a dozen visits with the Camp Lucy staff later, a week after my sweetheart proposed, I was ready to set the date at Camp Lucy! Actually, I realized, even though my desired date was 15 months out, it was actually a good thing I booked when I did! My November 1st date already had a few dates booked around it! Word to the wise, Ian's Chapel and Sacred Oaks are so in demand, booking a.s.a.p. is highly recommended! The scenery alone is reason enough for booking Camp Lucy! The scenic hills against the hill country sunset is something not many others brides can find in Texas... especially at their rate. Trust me, I did the leg work! Granted there are a few other popular locations within Dripping Springs but from what I found, the other venues were still too close to the highway, thus their ambiance was staled by the sights and sounds of nearby cars and 18-wheelers. Camp Lucy, merely two miles off the highway, becomes its own world. The staff is plentiful, genuinely friendly, and readily available to answer your questions. I was certainly the Type A bride, constantly calling in to make sure my plans would work with the site... It never phased them! Even after 15 months of calls, random visits, and emails, the Camp Lucy staff treated me as a friend with a smile! What I loved about Ian's Chapel was how versatile it could be. You have the chapel, the covered pavilion, luscious green lawns, stone arch overlooking the countryside and the reception hall. A couple truly has the ability to make their wedding day vision come true. My Camp Lucy wedding has come and gone but it was clearly the perfect choice in location. See just how much we enjoyed it at http://lissethjasso.com/

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Camp Lucy is the most beautiful venue that I have ever been to and that's not just because I got married there!

My entire wedding went off without a hitch. No issues, no last minute changes, nothing. All thanks to the folks at Camp Lucy.

The food was INCREDIBLE! We had a mix between Southern Home Cookin' and New Orleans Creole and people raved about it all night. I'm STILL having people call me for recipes and to say how amazing the food was.

The floral arrangements were absolutely stunning (they have their own florals company on campus). I came to them with a vague idea of what I wanted and within minutes had a pretty stellar idea of what it was that the arrangements would look like. They shot straight with me regarding what the prices of flowers would be and whether or not a flower would be in season.

Lastly, our day-of coordinator Brittany K. was a God-send! She took care of all the little details so that my husband and I wouldn't have to stress about them. She looked for ways to save us money and maximize what we brought and what we ordered.

I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married. We had an incredible night and I wish we could do it all over again!

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We would not hesitate to recommend Camp Lucy, their staff and their on site services to anyone who is planning a wonderful outdoor wedding and indoor reception. They exceeded our expectations, and our daughter's wedding and reception was wonderful!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding at Camp Lucy. The whole team worked so well together to give us the best wedding they could give. Not to mention how sweet they were. Food was pretty high on my list and they really exceeded my expectations as well as my guests. Though the only complaint we got from our guests was that the food came out late for some tables at our plated dinner. We had one of their first Jewish weddings and they really were accommodating to our special needs. I highly recommend using this location.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When choosing a venue you truly want to work with people that are very customer service oriented. I chose Camp Lucy and they exceeded my expectations. Every single individual we met with leading up to our big day always paid attention to what it is we needed and wanted. They were very accommodating with our schedules and never made us feel less than important. In other words, you're not treated like your just another person on their schedule.
Tara was an absolute gem to work with and had a very pleasant disposition with a positive attitude that was contagious. Meghan in Catering was on point and made our evening exactly what we needed it to be...memorable.
Thank you to the entire Camp Lucy team for the beautiful memories we have of our wedding day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Everything was so perfect! Camp Lucy is so beautiful and the staff is wonderful. They made everything so stress free. We used Whim Catering and the food was outstanding, we had so many compliments on the food. We used Whim Florals also and they did a beautiful job on all the flowers. They even wrapped the columns in the Events Hall with twinkle lights. Whim Rentals was great to work with also. We had one of Camp Lucy's Wedding Coordinator's, Kim Hunt, and she was so great! She made us feel like we could relax and she would handle everything on the wedding day, so
we could just enjoy the moment. I highly recommend Camp Lucy, and also the fabulous Camp Lucy cabins.
They are luxury cabins and we made a whole weekend of wedding fun. Enjoyed the fire pit area in the evenings. Everything was perfect!!!