Camp Lucy

(4.6 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.5 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We knew Camp Lucy was our venue the moment we stepped on the grounds! The staff has been nothing but professional and helpful. It is so gorgeous and we are so thankful to have our special day at Camp Lucy!

• Wedding: [Private]
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Look no further! Great staff, awesome location, beautiful scenery and we can't wait to visit for our one year anniversary.
Thank you Camp Lucy!!

• Wedding: 11/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kristen White coordinated our daughter's wedding at Sacred Oaks at Camp Lucy and helped us every step of the way. We live in Dallas, and the bride has been working in NYC for 5 years. As University of Texas graduates, the couple wanted an Austin wedding. We met Kristen at a Camp Lucy open house in September 2013, and she immediately suggested musicians, cake designers, and photographers. Kristen arranged vendor meetings exactly 1 year before the wedding when we could be in town.
Kristen promptly responded to questions and guided us along a path to a "perfect wedding." On the day of the wedding we had a vendor crisis, and she contacted the owner and "saved the day." Kristen met with us and vendors a year in advance for rental choices, catering planning, and floral planning. We happened to be in town Labor Day weekend 2014 for a family reunion, and she arranged her schedule to meet us on Sunday morning to finalize plans.
When we arrived from Dallas two days before the wedding, Kristen met us at night in the hotel parking lot to transfer our huge car load to her car to store items for the ceremony. She was always calm, joyful, patient, and worked really hard behind the scene at the wedding to make sure all went smoothly. Prayers were answered for a beautiful evening ceremony outdoors, and the couple's friends sent these comments on Instagram: stunning, killer wedding, stunning cake, beautiful send off (with sparklers), like out of a movie, beautiful, gorgeous...

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Wedding Planning
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first found out about Camp Lucy (Ian's Chapel) while attending my third Austin Bridal Extravaganza back in 2011. Truth be told my future maid of honor and I would attend these extravaganzas as "brides" merely to enjoy all the free bbq and wedding cake! Fast forward two years, 200 cake samples and about a dozen visits with the Camp Lucy staff later, a week after my sweetheart proposed, I was ready to set the date at Camp Lucy! Actually, I realized, even though my desired date was 15 months out, it was actually a good thing I booked when I did! My November 1st date already had a few dates booked around it! Word to the wise, Ian's Chapel and Sacred Oaks are so in demand, booking a.s.a.p. is highly recommended! The scenery alone is reason enough for booking Camp Lucy! The scenic hills against the hill country sunset is something not many others brides can find in Texas... especially at their rate. Trust me, I did the leg work! Granted there are a few other popular locations within Dripping Springs but from what I found, the other venues were still too close to the highway, thus their ambiance was staled by the sights and sounds of nearby cars and 18-wheelers. Camp Lucy, merely two miles off the highway, becomes its own world. The staff is plentiful, genuinely friendly, and readily available to answer your questions. I was certainly the Type A bride, constantly calling in to make sure my plans would work with the site... It never phased them! Even after 15 months of calls, random visits, and emails, the Camp Lucy staff treated me as a friend with a smile! What I loved about Ian's Chapel was how versatile it could be. You have the chapel, the covered pavilion, luscious green lawns, stone arch overlooking the countryside and the reception hall. A couple truly has the ability to make their wedding day vision come true. My Camp Lucy wedding has come and gone but it was clearly the perfect choice in location. See just how much we enjoyed it at http://lissethjasso.com/

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Camp Lucy is the most beautiful venue that I have ever been to and that's not just because I got married there!

My entire wedding went off without a hitch. No issues, no last minute changes, nothing. All thanks to the folks at Camp Lucy.

The food was INCREDIBLE! We had a mix between Southern Home Cookin' and New Orleans Creole and people raved about it all night. I'm STILL having people call me for recipes and to say how amazing the food was.

The floral arrangements were absolutely stunning (they have their own florals company on campus). I came to them with a vague idea of what I wanted and within minutes had a pretty stellar idea of what it was that the arrangements would look like. They shot straight with me regarding what the prices of flowers would be and whether or not a flower would be in season.

Lastly, our day-of coordinator Brittany K. was a God-send! She took care of all the little details so that my husband and I wouldn't have to stress about them. She looked for ways to save us money and maximize what we brought and what we ordered.

I would recommend this venue to anyone getting married. We had an incredible night and I wish we could do it all over again!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We would not hesitate to recommend Camp Lucy, their staff and their on site services to anyone who is planning a wonderful outdoor wedding and indoor reception. They exceeded our expectations, and our daughter's wedding and reception was wonderful!!

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding at Camp Lucy. The whole team worked so well together to give us the best wedding they could give. Not to mention how sweet they were. Food was pretty high on my list and they really exceeded my expectations as well as my guests. Though the only complaint we got from our guests was that the food came out late for some tables at our plated dinner. We had one of their first Jewish weddings and they really were accommodating to our special needs. I highly recommend using this location.

• Wedding: 09/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

When choosing a venue you truly want to work with people that are very customer service oriented. I chose Camp Lucy and they exceeded my expectations. Every single individual we met with leading up to our big day always paid attention to what it is we needed and wanted. They were very accommodating with our schedules and never made us feel less than important. In other words, you're not treated like your just another person on their schedule.
Tara was an absolute gem to work with and had a very pleasant disposition with a positive attitude that was contagious. Meghan in Catering was on point and made our evening exactly what we needed it to be...memorable.
Thank you to the entire Camp Lucy team for the beautiful memories we have of our wedding day.

• Wedding: 09/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was so perfect! Camp Lucy is so beautiful and the staff is wonderful. They made everything so stress free. We used Whim Catering and the food was outstanding, we had so many compliments on the food. We used Whim Florals also and they did a beautiful job on all the flowers. They even wrapped the columns in the Events Hall with twinkle lights. Whim Rentals was great to work with also. We had one of Camp Lucy's Wedding Coordinator's, Kim Hunt, and she was so great! She made us feel like we could relax and she would handle everything on the wedding day, so
we could just enjoy the moment. I highly recommend Camp Lucy, and also the fabulous Camp Lucy cabins.
They are luxury cabins and we made a whole weekend of wedding fun. Enjoyed the fire pit area in the evenings. Everything was perfect!!!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Stunning venue! Everyone was incredibly nice, especially Diane and Randi who went above and beyond to make everything perfect. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding, which wouldn't have happened without so many wonderful people at the venue. Thank you!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are getting married at Camp Lucy and using a coordinator through them I would HIGHLY recommend that you request Britany Krause! She was AMAZING! Britany worked with my mom and I to be a day of coordinator but we got much more than that! We met with her early on in the planning, about 5 months before, for an initial introduction and brainstorming session. The next time I met with her was about a month before and she got herself all up to speed with our list of vendors and all the services that were to be provided. The day of the wedding I dont know what we would have done without her! We got married offsite and she was at Camp Lucy getting everything set up. She executed the set up just as we had described and asked me about one little issue, table assignment cards blowing in the wind, and was quick to execute a plan B. She ensured that our whole reception was on schedule without being pushy. She must have had her eye on everything all night because at one point I realize that one of the buttons of my bustle had come undone and when I left the dance floor she was standing there with a safety pin ready to fix it and get me back out there. Both my mom and I got to enjoy the whole day due to Britanys hard work! If you have the opportunity to work with her I can assure you that she will make sure the day you dreamed of goes as smoothly as possible.

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The most beautiful wedding venue ever! The staff was very helpful to the bride along the way. We have received so many compliments on how beautiful everything was!

• Wedding: 06/27/2014
Danielle
  • Flexibility: 5.0

First of all, let me thank you on behalf of the entire wedding party for your wonderful coordination of the whole reception. Your calming presence and patient organization efforts let us know that we were truly in good, professional hands. Thanks to you, we had nothing to worry about at all throughout the entire event. My heartfelt thanks pale in comparison to the amount of work you put in for us.

We have received nothing but compliments and wows about the fabulous service and food that Whim Catering provided for our daughter's wedding reception last Sunday. I have been to many a wedding reception and many at some very prestigious venues where the food was cold, over-cooked or just downright inedible. This was definitely not the case with Whim. I received numerous emails the next day asking who our caterer was because the guests were amazed at the combination of tastes and the overall deliciousness of everything from the hors d'oeuvres (especially the boudin fritters) to the chicken (a real hit, by the way) and brisket (wonderful sauce) to the sides (the salad dressing was amazing). We were also very impressed by the professionalism and courtesy of your staff - always smiling, always calm, always helpful - from set-up to finish. We can't thank you enough, and I do hope that our friends' inquiries will turn into some additional business for a very deserving group of professionals.

• Wedding: Recently Married
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The venue itself was stunning (Sacred Oaks)!! I was a bit nervous how our dark colors (black, ivory and red) would mesh with the bright, wood area but it was just the right combination. It was PERFECT!!

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was absolutely beautiful, could not have imagined a more perfect day! Coordinator, Kim Hunt, goes above and beyond to make your dream become a reality. Whim Florals did a stunning job on all the flowers; they were even better than I could have even imagined they could be. Whim catering did an outstanding job with the food it was so good and presented so nicely; the lines ran so smooth so no one had to wait too long! Whim rentals also did a wonderful job helping us figure out exactly what we needed and set it up perfectly for the wedding.
Camp Lucy is the most beautiful venue in the Austin area and all the staff is so great, helpful and professional. I am so happy I chose to have my special day here! It was absolutely perfect!

• Wedding: 06/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I got married at sacred oaks, and it was fantastic. Everyone raved about the ceremony site, it is flawless at sunset! And the staff was helpful!

• Wedding: 06/08/2014
512-894-4400
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire