CaliforniaRabbi.com

CaliforniaRabbi.com

Rabbi Michael Mayersohn, Jewish & Interfaith Wedding Officiant, Los Angeles to San Diego & Dest.

3664 Toland Avenue
Los Alamitos, CA 90720 | map
Services: Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-religious Cere...
Religious affliliations: Jewish
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
Professionalism:
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I happily give Rabbi Michael 5's across the board. My husband and I were thrilled with our wedding ceremony, and we received so many compliments from guests for days to come. My husband and I live in North Carolina (but were getting married in CA), but even still, Rabbi Michael took the time to have Skype meetings with us so that he could get to know us. He also did a great job of explaining the Jewish traditions included in our ceremony for guests who were unfamiliar. Overall, I highly recommend him!

• Wedding: 11/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Rabbi Michael online, and I am so grateful that we did! I am Jewish and my husband is Christian. We were looking for someone to marry us who could also incorporate some readings from the New Testament. We were having such a hard time finding someone to do this in Santa Barbara. Not only was Rabbi Michael open to our situation, but my husband (fiance at the time) liked Rabbi Michael so much that after our first Skype call (even though he was not a pastor) he told me after that 'he was the one for us!'

He took the time to get to know us, and we worked out the ceremony so it was exactly what we wanted it to be without being 'too' religious! The ceremony was absolutely amazing and I felt so calm and comfortable up at the Chuppah with Rabbi Michael being there. I HIGHLY recommend Rabbi Michael to anyone who wants a full Jewish ceremony or if you have mixed faiths! Both of our families loved him and I could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony and wedding. Thank you Rabbi Michael! Cori & Taylor Tatman

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

AMAZING ! FABULOUS ! Don't hesitate, book him NOW and move on to the next wedding decisions & plans!

Rabbi Michael was great! He was punctual. He was personable. He included all the things I wanted him to say during the ceremony! He was funny, but not cheesy. He was warm, but not phoney. He did everything perfectly and we felt so comfortable with him making the pronouncement!

I found Rabbi Mayersohn on the internet (Googled Rabbis) and was hesitant. Months earlier, I had interviewed 3 Rabbis, none of whom fit my bill (too religious, too weird, etc.) Then my cousin said he would officiate. With just 3 weeks to go, he decided he was too old to make the trip.

Rabbi Mayersohn saved the day! He had another commitment at 5PM, but made mine promptly at 6:30, as promised. I feared he would confuse the ceremonies, but no fear. He had my notes with him, took the flower girl baskets as I had suggested, had the pen for signatures, and included all our comments in the ceremony.

We had so very many compliments on the 'great Rabbi' and wonderful service. He seemed a little business-like when we met, but on stage, he's a charmer!!! YOU CANNOT DO BETTER!!! With Rabbi Mayersohn, you can relax & enjoy your special moment!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

RABBI MICHAEL WAS GREAT, NOT ONLY HE CONDUCTED A BEAUTIFUL AND EMOTIONAL CEREMONY, HE ALSO THREW A FUNNY TWIST INTO IT BY QUOTING MY FAVORITE MOVIE "PRINCESS BRIDE" - "MAWWIAGE IS WHAT BRINGS US TOGETHAA" AND IT WAS A HIGHLIGHT OF THE AFTERNOON :)
WE WOULD RECOMMEND RABBI MICHAEL AT A HEARTBEAT TO OFFICIATE A CEREMONY AND WILL DEFINITELY CONTACT HIM AGAIN IN THE FUTURE FOR OTHER HAPPY OCCASIONS.
YULI & DEREK REISNER

• Wedding: 09/14/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Michael was amazing and helped our wedding ceremony feel special and unique to us. He took the time to learn how we met and our likes/interests. He then incorporated that into the ceremony. A lot of family and friends commented on how much love they felt at the ceremony and loved what the Rabbi mentioned. He was also very good about making the ceremony feel inclusive especially considering how few of our friends are not Jewish. I would highly recommend Rabbi Michael for any wedding ceremony!

• Wedding: 09/13/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Mayersohn is not only a terrific wedding officiant, but also a great person! We were so lucky to have the privilege to work with Rabbi Mayersohn on not only our wedding ceremony, but also on my conversion to Judaism. He is a very flexible, easy-going person, with a great sense of humor. Creating the order of the ceremony was an extremely easy process as the Rabbi made us feel very relaxed. Our ceremony was a very personal, special and memorable event. Rabbi Michael kept the audience entertained and informed about the Jewish traditions – and the ceremony was very well received by our family and friends. We had many Israelis attend the wedding, and for a reformed ceremony, they were very enthusiastic and impressed. We were so pleased with our decision to ask Rabbi Mayersohn to officiate our wedding ceremony and whole heartedly recommend him for those looking for an amazing officiant.

• Wedding: 08/23/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Michael Mayersohn created a memorable and beautiful wedding ceremony for us. It was absolutely perfect. Many of our guests gave accolades afterwards about how great Rabbi Michael conducted the ceremony. He was not only available to meet us and get to know us prior to the ceremony, but also helped us with any questions we had throughout the process including with the ketubah. Caryn Mayersohn even made incredible embroidered yarmulkes to match our theme. Rabbi Michael also brought the materials needed for the ceremony upon our request such as the wine, Kiddush cups, and glass to break. He made our ceremony a seamless process from start to finish. During the ceremony my husband and I felt relaxed and were able to truly be in the moment and enjoy our ceremony. The length was perfect as well, including appropriate explanations and details with a personal and customized touch, but not running too long. He kept it enjoyable, simple to understand for Jewish and non-Jewish guests and perhaps most importantly, very special. We definitely made the right choice choosing Rabbi Michael Mayersohn for our interfaith wedding ceremony. He contributed to making our wedding day a dream come true.

• Wedding: 07/25/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Michael Mayersohn did an incredible loving job as our officiant! He worked extremely well with my pastor and did a thorough job of educating us on how a co-officiated ceremony can be implemented. As a Christian woman I had many questions and concerns and from the first meeting Rabbi Michael put all my fears at ease and answered all our questions. He was genuinely interested in getting to know my fiancé and me and that was the most important to me. He presents very well, speaks clearly and well, has a great sense of humor and you can tell he truly enjoys celebrating the love of two people. Everyone, both Jewish and Christian at our wedding, complimented us on how well he did. I would highly recommend having him officiant your special day!

• Wedding: Recently Married
Profile Picture
Melissa and Jared
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Michael was great! He was extremely responsive and helpful from our first contact with him. He really takes the time to get to know you as a couple to personalize your ceremony as much as possible. He also works closely with you to ensure all details are covered and to minimize any and all stress. I would highly recommend Rabbi Michael for your wedding!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our June 8th Cabo San Lucas destination wedding was absolutely perfect and we know that is a direct result of the incredibly beautiful and meaningful ceremony you created for us . It meant soo much to us to have both faiths represented in such a seamless and fun way. Our guests are still raving about how unique and special the ceremony was. It truly means the world to Ilya and I that you could make this happen for us and I know it has left us with an amazing set of memories. Thank you for your passion and dedication to your work, your love for what you do certainly shines through!

• Wedding: 06/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Michael is amazing! My wife and I got married in May 2014 in Cabo San Lucas and although Rabbi Michael did not officiate our wedding we met with him over several weeks a few months prior to our wedding and he is the best.

I am a practicing Catholic and my wife has a strong Jewish heritage. He helped us openly discuss our families potential pressure or perception of what our wedding should look like. We also discussed the history of each of our faiths, the raising of children, and he helped us come to our own conclusions of how we wanted to deal with these subjects.

Rabbi Michael genuinely wanted to get to know my wife and myself and I’m sure we’ll remain in contact with him over the years.

He was a true gift to our relationship…God bless.

Brian & Alicia

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
Services Used: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Mayersohn was outstanding. You need not look further for your Jewish wedding.

1) We had our wedding in Southern CA but live in Northern CA, so we were not able to meet in person prior to the wedding. He was very responsive to emails (within minutes even in middle of night) and available for skype chatting routinely. He was early to wedding day and 100% reliable through everything. He took time to get to know us, and the ceremony had a very personal feel to it as opposed to a generic one size fits all.

2) The groom was of reformed Jewish background, and the bride was half Jewish by blood but not very religious. The rabbi was very accommodating in building a unique ceremony that fit us perfectly. He really works with you and listens to your desires and does not try to impose any dogma on what your wedding should be.

3) Our audience was half Jewish with the remaining not religious or Christian. We received compliments from both Jewish and non Jewish friends and family. Some said it was the best ceremony they've ever attended. I of course am biased but agree!

My best advice with Rabbi Mayersohn is to be open and express what you want for your wedding, and let him take care of the rest.

• Wedding: 03/08/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Mayersohn is amazing!!! I was so stressed about finding a rabbi who would accommodate to my Christian faith and my fiancee's jewish heritage. He completely went beyond my expectations and was so entertaining and made my wedding ceremony so special. All my fiancee's family was so impressed by the Rabbi and my Christian side adored him. Most of my guests had never experienced a jewish ceremony and stated it was so beautiful how the rabbi explained all the concepts of the importance of the wedding. He was professional, Handsome, & enduring. If you are searching for a Rabbi to accommodate to sensitive family members and to give you a beautiful ceremony, look no further! Rabbi Mayersohn set the tone for my magical night! -Jaclyn & Jon (Oct 5, 2013)

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Michael was great! Both me and my wife have busy schedules and he really went out of his way to work around our schedules. I had several of our attendees both Jewish and non Jewish who specifically mentioned the service being great after the wedding. I can't recommend him highly enough.

• Wedding: 10/04/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Rabbi Michael Mayersohn is truly a menshe’. He deserves a Gold Medal for his hard work. We are very blessed to have had him lead our wedding Service; he is one in a million and deserves the best recognition for his services. Our wedding was destination which can make wedding planning even more overwhelming but Rabbi worked extremely hard to make our special day go smoothly in all aspects. Our service was personalized according to our unique story of how my husband and I met. Rabbi Mayersohn takes the time to really get to know his couple in order to lead an amazing service. Not only is his kind nature one of the things we love about him, but he also provided humor to our service. Rabbi was a great moral support through the process and reassured me that everything I have worked so hard to plan for will make our big day fantastic. We appreciated how organized he is about his role in the wedding. He provides a service outline that you can create into your personal handbook for your guests (which I personalized and created myself for our guests). Rabbi Mayersohn is professional and prompt about returning phone calls/emails. He provided helpful resources purchasing ketubah’s. He kept our beautiful Ketubah safe and sound and brought it with him the day of our wedding. (My husband and I had it shipped to his business address for personalized signing) which made our Ketubah even more special.
We found Rabbi Michael Mayersohn online just as my husband and I found each other online. Thank you to wonderful technology in this day and age for bringing me beautiful gifts in our lives.
Forever grateful for the best Rabbi around
God bless.
“You never know what you can find online.”

Diana E. Goldsmith Hauk & Heath Hauk, Phoenix Arizona.

Wedding Oct 4 2013
Yacht of Eternity
Newport Beach, California

• Wedding: 10/04/2013
Profile Picture
Jewel of the Sea it's meant to be
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We highly recommend Rabbi Michael!
He officiated our wedding on Aug.25th at Malibou Lake in Agoura Hills and it was amazing!!! My husband and I live in Israel but decided to have our wedding in California to be closer to my family on our special day. We wanted to have an interfaith ceremony with a Rabbi since my husband is Jewish and I am Catholic. Rabbi Michael made the process very easy, and made me very comfortable during the whole planning explaining every step of the way. Due to our distance we met Rabbi Michael first via Skype then in person once we were in California. During the ceremony Rabbi Michael made my side of the family very comfortable and happy explaining why we do certain things during a Jewish wedding ceremony, while keeping up with tradition and honoring my in-laws faith and family.
We could not have asked for a better ceremony, with a Rabbi that understood our special bond and spoke about us as if we had known him for years instead of months.
You will not be disappointed!

Best of Luck!,
Tiffany & Nathan

• Wedding: 08/25/2013
562-522-9152
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards