CaliforniaRabbi.com

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

As an interfaith couple, my husband and I searched for a Rabbi willing to perform an interfaith ceremony. We found Rabbi Michael and loved him. He was professional, knowledgeable, and flexible to our needs. He provided us with insight on the best methods of executing an interfaith ceremony, helping us choose the specific rights and traditions of both Jewish and Christian faiths to include in our ceremony. On top of fulfilling his own duties, he recommended his wife to make our Tallis. The Tallis she made matched our wedding colors, has our names stitched into the corner, and is absolutely beautiful. She worked with us to choose the fabric, color, and design. Rabbi Michael performed our ceremony with a combination of humor and tradition. He was professional and to the point. He also helped us choose a pastor willing to perform an interfaith ceremony. They worked perfectly in tandem, showing respect for both religions. All of our guests raved about our ceremony and Rabbi Michael! Finally, Rabbi Michael met with us for pre-marriage counseling. His insights into a successful marriage are wonderful. He reminded us that every problem has a solution that lies in the "grey area" and not to look at solutions as merely "black and white". I would highly recommend seeking pre-marriage counseling with Rabbi Michael. My husband and I found it to be an excellent and enriching experience. I would not hesitate to recommend him to any of my friends and family for both marriage counseling and as an officiant. I would also highly recommend his wife for the wedding Tallis. Rabbi Michael and his wife are hands down the best!

Services Used: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
sheryl
06/06/2015

As the MOB as well as acting as the event coordinator, I thought Rabbi Michael was excellent in all aspects of the service. USE HIM

Services Used: Officiant

We were at first uncertain about finding a Rabbi via the internet but after perusing his website and also reading Rabbi Michael's reviews we thought it couldn't hurt to contact him. From the very first email we knew we had found our wedding officiant! Rabbi Michael was incredibly friendly, patient with all of our questions and made the time to connect with us on several occasions prior to the day to really tailor the service to our personal story. We appreciated his open mindedness to a less traditional, religiously relaxed more modern approach. He made us both feel at ease, guiding us as neither my fiancé nor I knew what to do or what to expect and he helped us create a ceremony that was truly memorable. Our guests loved the pace, impromptu humor and genuine feeling of love that Rabbi Michael brought to the celebration. We highly recommend him, you honestly will be hard pressed to find a better rabbi.

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was wonderful to work with! My husband is Jewish and I am not, and most of my family had never been to a Jewish ceremony before. After our wedding, many of them came up to us and said they had never seen a more beautiful ceremony. Rabbi Michael was kind and thoughtful, and did a great job weaving our story into the ceremony. We live in NY, and he spoke to us several times before the wedding and always made himself available to us. We felt instantly comfortable and knew right away he would be a great choice to officiate our wedding.

Rabbi Michael,

Where do I begin. You made our wedding day so incredible. Thank you for making the process and the ceremony so beautiful for us. As a couple from different faiths and with families who were expecting certain things out of our ceremony, you took away all of the angst and stress that easily could have come from how to handle the ceremony. You asked us all the right questions and eased all of our concerns. Parents from both sides were amazed by how wonderful it all went. I had people from my Christian side saying that they wish they had incorporated some of the Jewish traditions in their wedding because of their meaning and how beautiful they wall were.

I have already told you what a blessing it was for us to find you, but I wanted to make sure that I told you that again! I'll continue to remind each time I speak with you! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you, thank you!!!

Aaron and Taylor

Private User
1 Review
Recently Married

I had the pleasure of working with Rabbi Michael for our destination wedding in Mexico. Before the wedding we mostly communicated through email and I was impressed by the speed and thoroughness of his responses. Between the emails and Skype meetings communicating with Rabbi Michael was very easy. He works with you and is very flexible so the ceremony will be exactly how you want it, I know ours was. He obviously has a lot of destination wedding experience, which was very valuable for us since this was our first one and we had a lot of questions. Rabbi Michael was very professional, easy to work with, and most importantly the ceremony was better than we could've imagined.

Services Used: Officiant

I happily give Rabbi Michael 5's across the board. My husband and I were thrilled with our wedding ceremony, and we received so many compliments from guests for days to come. My husband and I live in North Carolina (but were getting married in CA), but even still, Rabbi Michael took the time to have Skype meetings with us so that he could get to know us. He also did a great job of explaining the Jewish traditions included in our ceremony for guests who were unfamiliar. Overall, I highly recommend him!

Services Used: Officiant

We found Rabbi Michael online, and I am so grateful that we did! I am Jewish and my husband is Christian. We were looking for someone to marry us who could also incorporate some readings from the New Testament. We were having such a hard time finding someone to do this in Santa Barbara. Not only was Rabbi Michael open to our situation, but my husband (fiance at the time) liked Rabbi Michael so much that after our first Skype call (even though he was not a pastor) he told me after that 'he was the one for us!'

He took the time to get to know us, and we worked out the ceremony so it was exactly what we wanted it to be without being 'too' religious! The ceremony was absolutely amazing and I felt so calm and comfortable up at the Chuppah with Rabbi Michael being there. I HIGHLY recommend Rabbi Michael to anyone who wants a full Jewish ceremony or if you have mixed faiths! Both of our families loved him and I could not have asked for a more perfect ceremony and wedding. Thank you Rabbi Michael! Cori & Taylor Tatman

Services Used: Officiant

AMAZING ! FABULOUS ! Don't hesitate, book him NOW and move on to the next wedding decisions & plans!

Rabbi Michael was great! He was punctual. He was personable. He included all the things I wanted him to say during the ceremony! He was funny, but not cheesy. He was warm, but not phoney. He did everything perfectly and we felt so comfortable with him making the pronouncement!

I found Rabbi Mayersohn on the internet (Googled Rabbis) and was hesitant. Months earlier, I had interviewed 3 Rabbis, none of whom fit my bill (too religious, too weird, etc.) Then my cousin said he would officiate. With just 3 weeks to go, he decided he was too old to make the trip.

Rabbi Mayersohn saved the day! He had another commitment at 5PM, but made mine promptly at 6:30, as promised. I feared he would confuse the ceremonies, but no fear. He had my notes with him, took the flower girl baskets as I had suggested, had the pen for signatures, and included all our comments in the ceremony.

We had so very many compliments on the 'great Rabbi' and wonderful service. He seemed a little business-like when we met, but on stage, he's a charmer!!! YOU CANNOT DO BETTER!!! With Rabbi Mayersohn, you can relax & enjoy your special moment!

Services Used: Officiant

RABBI MICHAEL WAS GREAT, NOT ONLY HE CONDUCTED A BEAUTIFUL AND EMOTIONAL CEREMONY, HE ALSO THREW A FUNNY TWIST INTO IT BY QUOTING MY FAVORITE MOVIE "PRINCESS BRIDE" - "MAWWIAGE IS WHAT BRINGS US TOGETHAA" AND IT WAS A HIGHLIGHT OF THE AFTERNOON :)
WE WOULD RECOMMEND RABBI MICHAEL AT A HEARTBEAT TO OFFICIATE A CEREMONY AND WILL DEFINITELY CONTACT HIM AGAIN IN THE FUTURE FOR OTHER HAPPY OCCASIONS.
YULI & DEREK REISNER

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was amazing and helped our wedding ceremony feel special and unique to us. He took the time to learn how we met and our likes/interests. He then incorporated that into the ceremony. A lot of family and friends commented on how much love they felt at the ceremony and loved what the Rabbi mentioned. He was also very good about making the ceremony feel inclusive especially considering how few of our friends are not Jewish. I would highly recommend Rabbi Michael for any wedding ceremony!

Services Used: Officiant

My husband and I are so happy to have found Rabbi Michael! Rabbi Michael met with us several times before our ceremony, so that he could get to know us and our story. In the months before our wedding, Rabbi Michael was an invaluable resource for us. He was happy to give us advice on everything, from purchasing our Ketubah to resolving tricky family situations. Rabbi Michael made our wedding ceremony so special!

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Mayersohn is not only a terrific wedding officiant, but also a great person! We were so lucky to have the privilege to work with Rabbi Mayersohn on not only our wedding ceremony, but also on my conversion to Judaism. He is a very flexible, easy-going person, with a great sense of humor. Creating the order of the ceremony was an extremely easy process as the Rabbi made us feel very relaxed. Our ceremony was a very personal, special and memorable event. Rabbi Michael kept the audience entertained and informed about the Jewish traditions – and the ceremony was very well received by our family and friends. We had many Israelis attend the wedding, and for a reformed ceremony, they were very enthusiastic and impressed. We were so pleased with our decision to ask Rabbi Mayersohn to officiate our wedding ceremony and whole heartedly recommend him for those looking for an amazing officiant.

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Michael Mayersohn created a memorable and beautiful wedding ceremony for us. It was absolutely perfect. Many of our guests gave accolades afterwards about how great Rabbi Michael conducted the ceremony. He was not only available to meet us and get to know us prior to the ceremony, but also helped us with any questions we had throughout the process including with the ketubah. Caryn Mayersohn even made incredible embroidered yarmulkes to match our theme. Rabbi Michael also brought the materials needed for the ceremony upon our request such as the wine, Kiddush cups, and glass to break. He made our ceremony a seamless process from start to finish. During the ceremony my husband and I felt relaxed and were able to truly be in the moment and enjoy our ceremony. The length was perfect as well, including appropriate explanations and details with a personal and customized touch, but not running too long. He kept it enjoyable, simple to understand for Jewish and non-Jewish guests and perhaps most importantly, very special. We definitely made the right choice choosing Rabbi Michael Mayersohn for our interfaith wedding ceremony. He contributed to making our wedding day a dream come true.

Melissa and Jared
1 Review
1+ year ago

Rabbi Michael Mayersohn did an incredible loving job as our officiant! He worked extremely well with my pastor and did a thorough job of educating us on how a co-officiated ceremony can be implemented. As a Christian woman I had many questions and concerns and from the first meeting Rabbi Michael put all my fears at ease and answered all our questions. He was genuinely interested in getting to know my fiancé and me and that was the most important to me. He presents very well, speaks clearly and well, has a great sense of humor and you can tell he truly enjoys celebrating the love of two people. Everyone, both Jewish and Christian at our wedding, complimented us on how well he did. I would highly recommend having him officiant your special day!

Services Used: Officiant

Rabbi Michael was great! He was extremely responsive and helpful from our first contact with him. He really takes the time to get to know you as a couple to personalize your ceremony as much as possible. He also works closely with you to ensure all details are covered and to minimize any and all stress. I would highly recommend Rabbi Michael for your wedding!