Cakes to Remember

Cakes to Remember

7 time winner of Best of Boston-The shop for gorgeous AND delicious cakes!

248 Cypress Street
Brookline, MA 02445 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Groom's Cake
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegan

4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Ellen was great to work with on our wedding cake. I showed her a picture of a cake I really loved, and after an in-person meeting and a couple email exchanges, we had the perfect cake planned. When I saw the cake on our wedding day, I couldn’t believe how beautiful it looked. My only complaint was the cake on our wedding day was a bit more dry than I remembered from the tasting. Overall, the cake was gorgeous and was really happy with it.

• Wedding: Recently Married
4.8/5.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was from cakes to remember. It was part of our package at the Fairmont Copley. We set up a meeting with the bakery and myself, my mom and fiance attended. It was not really communicated to me what this meeting was for, I think it was more a this is what we can do, what are you thinking, introductory meeting and it was really a meeting to decide the details of the cake and to take the cake tasting home from the selections we had made online. At that point I had not really thought about what I wanted for a cake so we were at the meeting longer then intended I think trying to put a cake idea together. I liked what we came up with at the end of the day. The tasting was amazing. I usually don't love wedding cake as its over done and too sugar but our choices were amazing and everyone at the wedding loved it - can't wait to have the cake topper in a year! My only issue was that I thought the cake was not as whoa as I had hoped and thought we discussed. Given we were getting married at the fairmont I thought the flower accents etc would be bigger and more voluptuous but I felt it looked a little plain and for a barn wedding. I highly recommend knowing what you want and being as specific as possible.

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
Jennifer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen was great to work with and very flexible, communicative and responsive. Most importantly, her cake was delicious! We're so happy we worked with Ellen, she did not disappoint!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen was wonderful to work with! She brainstormed with me over the course of two meetings to design my cake, and the finished product was absolutely stunning (not to mention delicious!!). I can't recommend her highly enough!

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had cakes to remember do our cake for our special day and the decorations on the cake were beautiful. Unfortunately, we were not very happy with the cake. It was dry and the filling was super sweet. I even tried a second piece the day after and it was definitely not my favorite. I would recommend this place if you want to have a beautiful made cake, but I can't say the same about the cake quality.

• Wedding: 04/27/2014
maritza
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen is easy to work with and very professional. You may have to call a couple of times to get her on the phone, but it's worth it. The cake was delicious (we received several compliments--people ate it for breakfast the next morning), and looked even better! Also, we had a 225 person wedding and she was totally helpful in providing the appropriate size for the cake knowing that we were serving other desserts.

• Wedding: 10/26/2013
Jamie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Ellen at Cakes to Remember to create our wedding cake and a surprise grooms cake. Ellen was creative and very easy to work with. During our initial meeting she translated our ideas into a beautiful four tier design. We chose an ivory buttercream cake with two flavors, carrot and classic wedding. Ellen also designed a Bruins themed chocolate grooms cake with two sculpted players fighting on a hockey puck. Both cakes were beautiful and exceeded our expectations! All three flavors were delicious and the carrot cake was especially amazing!

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen Bartlett is an artist. She met with us, came up with a sketch and design, we tasted flavors, and she put everything together in a beautiful personalized wedding cake, with broken cascades of coral peonies down the three layers to match the bouquets. It was delicious, a strawberry lemon filling and buttercream icing. So yummy and A beautiful finish to our reception meal.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I worked with Ellen from Cakes to Remember to design my cake. She was so patient and worked with me to design exactly what I was looking for. The cake looked exactly as I imagined. It was perfect! Not only that but the cake tasted DELICIOUS. I am a huge cake/frosting fan- and the salted caramel filling was divine. I heard from numerous people how delicious the cake was, so not only beautiful but also tasty! I was impressed. (This was included in my wedding package with the venue.)

• Wedding: 04/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen and her team at Cakes to Remember were great. They were able to create a delicious gluten free tier for our wedding cake, and made a beautiful and elegant cake that was exactly as we had described to her. All of our guests loved the cake and took it home to enjoy the next day.

• Wedding: 03/23/2013
cmoore02
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen is a true artist! The wedding cake she created for us was absolutely beautiful and delicious!!!!!! Everyone at the wedding loved it! Ellen was a real pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Ellen for your special event!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We booked the Fairmont Copley Plaza for our wedding venue and the package includes a wedding cake from Cakes to Remember! I was so excited as I heard their cakes look beautiful and taste delicious. Ellen was so helpful at our cake consultation, making sure our design of the cake went along with our wedding theme/colors. After trying many of the cake flavors, we settled on two flavors to fluctuate upon each layer of cake. When I saw the cake setup at our wedding reception, I was so excited and amazed at how beautiful the cake was. I continued to hear rave reviews from our wedding guests on the cake throughout the entire evening.
Thank you, Ellen!! Your cakes are so beautifully exquisite and delicious to boot!

• Wedding: 10/27/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen Bartlett of Cakes to Remember is Fabulous!! She is creative, passionate and makes amazing cake. It is not only beautiful, but tastes divine. Guests raved about both the beauty flavors - I can't imagine hiring anyone else. She even met our crazy request to hide a little surprise figure under the top tier (a request of my beloved), and she custom sketched the cake design just for us.

We also had little ones attending our wedding and needed nut-free cupcakes and she delivered perfectly. We are so happy with her and would recommend her to everyone. I can't wait for out future celebrations as husband and wife to call upon her expertise again, or the anniversary layer that we may need to dig into prior to the anniversary because it's just that good! : )

• Wedding: 09/15/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen makes delicious and gorgeous cakes. She also has a range of options in terms of cost and complexity. We wanted a simple, elegant, tasty, reasonably priced cake, and she gave us that. She deserves the awards she's won! The cake was by far the easiest part of the wedding planning process.

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Ellen at Cakes to Remember was the best! We we so pleased to have had the opportunity to meet with her and discuss our cake! In the end we gave her artistic freedom to create a cake of her design with our preferences in mind and what she came up with exceeded our expectations and made for a truly perfect centerpiece for our reception!

• Wedding: 06/09/2012
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious but I did have trouble getting in touch with Ellen and with not receiving a telephone call back after I left a voicemail. It was stressful to get the design finalized when I couldn't seem to get a response but the final result was great.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
617-738-8508
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards