Cakes to Remember

Value
Flexibility
BostonK
07/25/2015

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful! My husband cannot eat gluten so we searched for a bakery that could provide a gluten-free option for the two of us and "regular" cake for the rest of our guests. Ellen does not just offer gluten-free cake - she takes pride in making GF cake that is just as good as "regular" cake! My husband was thrilled that he would be able to fully enjoy our wedding cake. (We did the the top tier GF and the remaining tiers as "regular" cake.) Ellen was an absolute pleasure to work with. For example, when I asked whether she thought a particular cake topper would work, she took the time to sketch out how it would look on the cake design I had chosen.

Cakes to Remember responded with the following comments:

I very much appreciate your sharing your experience! It was a real pleasure working with you too!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Working with Ellen was amazing from the very beginning. She totally got our style and made a cake that screamed "us" - it was a gorgeous classic 4-tier cake decorated with sugar orchids of various shades of purple. But aside from the looks, it was also extremely delicious! We opted for 2 flavors - strawberry/orange and blueberry/lemon. They were to die for! We can't wait to have it again for our first anniversary. Cakes to Remember makes very tasty cakes and provides outstanding service. Their cakes are truly the ones to remember!

Cakes to Remember responded with the following comments:

Thanks Anya- loved working with you too! :-)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My cake from Cakes to Remember was included in my wedding package from the Fairmont Copley Plaza. While I couldn't choose the vendor, I couldn't have been happier. The cake was beautiful, with cascading roses that perfectly matched the cake topper I provided to Ellen a week before the wedding. It was also delicious! We chose a traditional white cake with raspberry, and received many compliments from guests. Ellen was a pleasure to work with. We live abroad so we ate our anniversary tier as a final celebration with my parents a fews after the wedding before we left for our honeymoon, and it was just as good the second time!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

AMAZING CAKE!!! Next to the food served at our reception, our guests LOVED the cake. It was absolutely divine with the flavors very well balanced and the frosting was perfect. The team at Cakes to Remember did an amazing job. Our top layer didn't survive our first year of marriage, as we consumed it the day after the wedding. It was that good.

Our tasting was also fun and delicious.

Private User
Recently Married

Cakes to Remember provided us with a beautiful cake design (based on our description and a sample photo from the internet), not to mention a delicious cake (great selection of flavors)! We received many compliments about how wonderful the wedding cake was. Thank you!

Bernise
01/03/2015

She listened to our preference and delivers with great design of the cake. The taste of the cake was all delicious. Really happy with the wedding cake. Everyone loves the cake too.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ellen is the perfect combination of a professional cake artist and a terrific, easy going person to work with. She accomodated our particular color requests for one of her “Simple CTR” cakes, and the result was absolutely beautiful--not to mention DELICIOUS! A number of our guests complimented the cake’s design, and many said it was the best tasting wedding cake they’d ever had. Ellen was very easy to get in touch with throughout the process, and she is incredibly easy to work with. The pricing was on par with other cake designers in the area, and the “Simply CTR” cake designs are an incredibly affordable option without sacrificing interesting design and taste. It is no surprise that Cakes to Remember is often on the Best of Boston vendors lists.

e
10/19/2014

Wonderful professional organization. Asked for a Norwegian wedding cake and they supplied a beauty. relatives were very impressed. Highly recommended. Easy to communicate with and always in the loop.

Jackie
09/19/2014
4.7

Ellen was great to work with on our wedding cake. I showed her a picture of a cake I really loved, and after an in-person meeting and a couple email exchanges, we had the perfect cake planned. When I saw the cake on our wedding day, I couldn’t believe how beautiful it looked. My only complaint was the cake on our wedding day was a bit more dry than I remembered from the tasting. Overall, the cake was gorgeous and was really happy with it.

Jennifer
08/31/2014

Our wedding cake was from cakes to remember. It was part of our package at the Fairmont Copley. We set up a meeting with the bakery and myself, my mom and fiance attended. It was not really communicated to me what this meeting was for, I think it was more a this is what we can do, what are you thinking, introductory meeting and it was really a meeting to decide the details of the cake and to take the cake tasting home from the selections we had made online. At that point I had not really thought about what I wanted for a cake so we were at the meeting longer then intended I think trying to put a cake idea together. I liked what we came up with at the end of the day. The tasting was amazing. I usually don't love wedding cake as its over done and too sugar but our choices were amazing and everyone at the wedding loved it - can't wait to have the cake topper in a year! My only issue was that I thought the cake was not as whoa as I had hoped and thought we discussed. Given we were getting married at the fairmont I thought the flower accents etc would be bigger and more voluptuous but I felt it looked a little plain and for a barn wedding. I highly recommend knowing what you want and being as specific as possible.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Ellen was great to work with and very flexible, communicative and responsive. Most importantly, her cake was delicious! We're so happy we worked with Ellen, she did not disappoint!

Private User
1+ year ago

Ellen was wonderful to work with! She brainstormed with me over the course of two meetings to design my cake, and the finished product was absolutely stunning (not to mention delicious!!). I can't recommend her highly enough!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We ordered the lemon chiffon cake and it was delicious. The owner was very responsive and worked with our last-minute request! I was very happy with this choice.

maritza
04/27/2014

We had cakes to remember do our cake for our special day and the decorations on the cake were beautiful. Unfortunately, we were not very happy with the cake. It was dry and the filling was super sweet. I even tried a second piece the day after and it was definitely not my favorite. I would recommend this place if you want to have a beautiful made cake, but I can't say the same about the cake quality.

Jamie
10/26/2013

Ellen is easy to work with and very professional. You may have to call a couple of times to get her on the phone, but it's worth it. The cake was delicious (we received several compliments--people ate it for breakfast the next morning), and looked even better! Also, we had a 225 person wedding and she was totally helpful in providing the appropriate size for the cake knowing that we were serving other desserts.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We hired Ellen at Cakes to Remember to create our wedding cake and a surprise grooms cake. Ellen was creative and very easy to work with. During our initial meeting she translated our ideas into a beautiful four tier design. We chose an ivory buttercream cake with two flavors, carrot and classic wedding. Ellen also designed a Bruins themed chocolate grooms cake with two sculpted players fighting on a hockey puck. Both cakes were beautiful and exceeded our expectations! All three flavors were delicious and the carrot cake was especially amazing!