Cakes for Occasions

Cakes for Occasions

Favorite
Danvers, MA
978.774.4545
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
4.7
Flexibility

Cakes for Occasions is the vendor my venue uses to provide their cakes. The cake itself was absolutely delicious!! However, the form I filled out asked me if I wanted flowers on the top of the cake and I wrote "no, because I have a cake topper with words and I just want that on the top of the cake". My cake arrived with flowers on top and you couldn't see the bottom of my cake topper. The other question on the form asked me what kind of flowers I wanted around the cake and I said "orange and pink gerber daisies" and I got pink roses. Because it tasted so good, I would recommend them, but I would make sure I confirmed ALL the details the day before, to make sure it comes out the way you asked for it to.

Recently Married

Cakes for Occasions made 200 cupcakes and a small top tier cake for our wedding reception. They were unbelievably delicious! Most importantly, they were made in a totally nut-free bakery, so all could enjoy. Our guests raved about the cupcakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Cakes for Occasions for our wedding cake. They were fantastic! The staff was friendly and accommodating. They even worked with us to order the flavors of cakes that we wanted for the best possible price. The tasting was set up very nicely, as we did not feel rushed to make any decisions. Our wedding cake was delicious and our guests are still talking about it!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes for Occasions made a beautiful wedding cake for us! Their pricing was very competitive with area bakeries and our cake was delicious! We went with 2 flavors (chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla cake with butter cream filling). Their other more complex flavors are also amazing (their lemon cake with raspberry filling was our personal fave) but decided to go with a simpler flavor with our guests in mind. Everyone who had the cake raves about it and we even had some leftover to enjoy at home! They make you a small 1 year anniversary cake, so no worries about freezing! Katrina was great to work with and was happy to work around my schedule and made payment and logistics easy even though I was planning from 5 states away. They even accommodated special dietary needs and let us add 2 vegan cupcakes to our order for my groom's 2 year old nephews that are allergic to dairy! They delivered them with our wedding cake and I was told by my sister-in-law that they were also delicious despite being vegan! We have also gotten birthday cakes and other holiday treats from this bakery and we have never been disappointed! I would absolutely recommend Cakes for Occasions!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We first went to Cakes for Occasions because they were a part of our wedding package at the Hawthorne Hotel. We will now go to Cakes for Occasions because they are AMAZING! Very responsive and created our cake perfectly! I wish I had more time to just look at the cake because they did such a fantastic job. Thank goodness for pictures! We went for our cake tasting and had so much fun mixing and matching to try to find the perfect cake and we left stuffed to the brim. We ended up with a chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and chocolate icing inside and a white butter cream icing outside. BEST CAKE EVER. I still dream about it. We even got to enjoy two slices in the morning after our wedding, which was such a treat! As a part of our package we get to go back on our one-year anniversary to get our cake topper. Instead of sticking it in the freezer and attempting to eat it with all it's freezer burn glory, Cakes for Occasions will make you a fresh cake topper to enjoy. SO EXCITED! They also made delicious gluten-free cupcakes that we were able to give out to our guests that couldn't enjoy this amazing cake. We will definitely frequent Cakes for Occasions again! Thank you for making our cake look so beautiful and making it taste so delectable!

Cakes for Occasions responded with the following comments:

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the entire process! It was a pleasure working with you, and i look forward to working with you in the future for any occasion. :)

Recently Married

Our cake come out exactly as we pictured it and planned with this vender. Perfect size was suggested for our number of guests. Tasted excellent!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes for Occasions made our cake and delivered it to our venue in December 2014. The cake was beautiful, exactly what we had discussed, and delicious! This bakery was very easy to work with. My family has used them for birthday cakes as well and always had a delicious cake. Highly recommended!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our cake was beautiful and tasted great. The meeting with tasting was a lot of fun. We got the lemon cake which was delicious. No problems at all. Highly recommend them.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes for Ocassions is not only DELICIOUS but they are very talented, genuine and honest! We wanted multiple flavors and they happily told us what was popular and what was not. We also had a very special request - we asked for a wedding cake shaped like the Stanley Cup and they were excited and eager to accept the challenge. Our guests were AMAZED! They were also very nice and honest and told us it would save us money if we did a smaller wedding cake and had sheet cakes in the kitchen to cut and serve. The mocha mousse filling with fresh strawberries and the lemon cake with cream cheese frosting were hits!

Ashley
10/12/2014

We absolutely loved the way our wedding cake came out. Cakes for occasions made it so easy. The tasting was so much fun and they even have a cake top made for you for your one year anniversary. We were beyond happy with the way it came out and they were even able to accommodate my gluten-free groom!

10/12/2014

Delicious Cake / cupcakes. Kept it simple (although I wish there were more decorations on the cupcakes) Accommodated our gluten-free guests. We happily devoured our mini-cake the weekend after the wedding and plan on going back for our 1 year for a repeat of it!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cake was delicious! We had a vanilla cake with strawberries and buttercream, my family and friends are still raving about it. I wish I lived closer so I could use them for every occasion (appropriate name!)! We had a very simple design, a rustic look with ribbon and fresh flowers, it was perfect. And you get a free cake on your anniversary, no nasty freezer-burned cake :)

Maureen
09/27/2014

We have many friends with food allergies and Cakes for Occasions is nut free; this was huge for us, it is not easy to find a bakery that is nut free. I have had many cakes from here over the years and I have never been disappointment. Our cake did not taste like your typical "wedding cake"; it never felt like it sat in a freezer or refrigerator like most wedding cakes do; this cake tasted like it was made that morning. Our guest raved about it all night! And I can't wait to get our free top tier at our 1 year anniversary!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our first priority for our cake was that it taste amazing, and our cake DID. We had the Chocolate Paradise cake, which was pretty much to die for. We also gave them a pretty weird challenge for the decoration (a half-traditional, half-steampunk style theme) and they knocked it out of the park. Our guests could not stop talking about how usually you have to sacrifice taste for looks or vice versa, but we had both!

Recently Married

Great job, the cake was beautiful and I made a bunch of changes and they were very responsive and open to everything!

Recently Married

This was one of 3 bakeries included in our catering package. It was easy to set up a tasting. The cake was good. It looked good. It was at our venue on time. They charged $30 extra to have more than one flavor on a three tier cake. The other bakeries don't.