cakes by megan

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

I am a true lover of dessert and cake in particular, so I had some pretty high expectations when it came to our wedding cake.
We got married in the middle of July when it's impossibly hot out, and our guests were going to be served a large family-style Italian meal before dessert, so we wanted a cake that would be light and fresh. We set up a tasting with Cakes by Megan after seeing the inventive flavors and her use of fresh ingredients, and we were sold right away! The icing was perfect (light but flavorful), the cake was moist, and her designs were awesome! We decided to choose two flavors (s'mores and mixed berry), and we made sure to order even amounts of both so guests could enjoy both flavors. The cake was even more beautiful than we imagined, and everything actually tasted even better than when we sampled it! We got rave reviews from guests about how incredibly good it was, and we were happy to have ordered more than necessary so that we got to take some home. Megan also offers a fresh mini anniversary cake so that you don't have to save the top layer! Hooray!

Recently Married

Megan made an amazing and beautiful cake for our wedding! It was exactly as we had discussed and lived up to all our expectations! Megan was very responsive and professional throughout the entire process. Highly recommend Cakes by Megan for a delicious and beautiful cake for any occasion!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cupcakes I ordered from Cakes by Megan were delicious. All my guest raved about how good the cupcakes were. I would defintely recommend Cakes by Megan.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Megan was wonderful to work with! She not only does cake but is also a day of coordinator.

My guests raved about how wonderful the wedding cakes were. We had three cakes and each one that I tried was wonderful. The cannoli cake which is new to her menu was so light and had a great flavor. The grooms cake was a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and a cheesecake layer- this was to die for, My husband is not wanting to share the cake topper we brought home. The coconut cake disappeared! The sugar flowers were different on all of them! and all were beautiful. She also offers replacement tiers for our first anniversary for $20 to be decorated like our wedding cake.

Her talent doesn't end with cake- she made coconut and amaretto truffles for our wedding favors- which she helped turn into our place cards. Her husband was able to cut elements from our wedding invitations to create name cards with table numbers for our guests which they attached to the favor boxes.

She also supplied containers (apothecary jars, glass and silver bowls, and silver scoops) and candy for a candy bar. She made a selection of dark chocolate, kahlua, and grand marnier truffles, sugar cookie snowflakes and traditional greek kourabiedes (like snowballs) for our winter theme displayed on a tiered stand. Also supplied marshmallows, chocolate shavings and candy canes for our hot chocolate & Coffee station. Purchased custom M&Ms, hershey kisses, jordan almonds, and color specific jelly belly jelly beans that matched our theme. Supplied candy bags with custom sticker with our names and wedding date and snowflakes.

As we had a Greek wedding she also supplied the traditional jordan almonds wrapped in tulle and tied with a bow and flower for each place setting.

I will recommend Cakes by Megan to anyone for any type of event.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Excellent value, flexible to work with, very responsive, and most important of all: delicious cakes!! We had a hard time deciding which flavor to get because there are so many to choose from. Also, I made a design change after our cake tasting and Megan was very easily able to accommodate that change- she even had the decoration I wanted to buy already available! I'm so happy I found Megan!!

Recently Married
3.3

The cakes were all very delicious. All of our guests mentioned that it was the best chocolate cake they had ever had. Also, I was happy to see that she was able to make a surprise groom cake, that my husband was head over heels for when he saw it. That being said, the business aspect suffered. It took far too long for us to receive our contract. And the response time took far too long as well. I was very nervous about whether this part of the wedding would all come together, and was pleasantly surprised that it did. I would recommend the cakes.

Kelly
10/26/2014

The set up and the cupcake/cakes were delicious! The prices were very fair and Megan made it exactly as requested.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Megan made the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! I loved every detail and how she brought my vision to life! I highly recommend Megan!

Kristin
07/05/2014

We really loved our cake from Cakes by Megan! We got strawberry shortcake and it was DELICIOUS. We had a smaller, 3-tiered cutting cake and then sheet cake in the back. We heard lots of compliments on how tasty it was. And we had about half a sheet left over that went immediately at the brunch the next day (I may have had 3 pieces)! Our only complaint is that the design was not exactly what we thought we were getting. We went for simple, but we thought we would have a navy ribbon and some pearling. There was no pearling, so it was very plain. And we forgot to put our fresh flowers on it. But most importantly it tasted fabulous, was a great price, and was delivered on time and unscathed! We would recommend Megan and would use her for cakes in the future. Thank you!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Megan was amazing! She was very accommodating to our schedule for the tastings and we had a specialty request of Pavlovas! She gave us several different options and they we delicious! All of our guests loved them! She communicated throughout, came herself to set up, and paypal option of payment is always easy!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We were very pleased with the cake and customer service provided by Cakes by Megan. Her prices were extremely reasonable and the cake was beautiful and delicious! Megan provided a tasting for me, my mom and the groom, walked us through the pricing of cakes and cupcakes, and helped us decide on a final design for our cake. Based on my research of other vendors, her prices were the lowest-- plus the prices included a very beautiful design.

Megan was also very accommodating for the day-of plans. The week before the wedding, we delivered fake flowers to her house which she used to decorate the cake, as it was an easy way to save money. She also helped us by taking the cake knife, server and our toasting flutes to the reception venue, and set them out on the cake table and sweetheart table as we requested. We certainly did not expect her to set these up for us, and for her to be so helpful made us feel even better about selecting her as our vendor.

We were very happy with Cakes by Megan-- Thank you!

10/06/2013

We found Cakes by Megan online; Megan responded very quickly and provided a cake tasting at a time that worked with my husband's work schedule, as well as mine. Megan is a wonderfully talented cake baker/decorator and has the warm friendly personality to match. We loved meeting with her and describing what we envisioned for our wedding cake. The cake was delivered with perfect timing and was exactly what we wanted; elegant and delicious!!! I will definitely call her again for future events.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I was absolutely thrilled with my cake. It was gorgeous. The height, the look, the color, and the taste turned out beautiful. Many people at the wedding commented on how good the cake was. Thank you Megan you did an outstanding job. I am so proud of how beautiful the cake was. I will always remember it!

4.7

6 weeks away from my wedding I decided to order a surprise Groom's cake for my husband. Megan came through with the last-minute request and delivered BIG TIME!! She made him a 3-D Redskins helmet cake filled with Peanut Butter Reese's - his favorite!! It looked amazing and he was totally surprised!

1+ year ago

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Everyone raved about our cake! The photographer featured it, as he loved it as well!
Megan was so personable- she came to our house for the cake tasting! Her price was unbelievable! She gave us more options than we thought we could afford... and the cake was THE most amazing cake either one of us have ever tasted! Hands-down I would recommend her to any bride and groom without a doubt. We tried other places, and Megan was the best taste, value, personality and design.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious, beautiful, and exactly what we had in mind when we planned everything with Megan. The tasting was a lot of fun (naturally), and she had a ton of flavors to choose from (we were able to have a few different cake/icing combinations for the different tiers, which was great). The value was unbeatable, and we actually didn't have any cake left over, so I'm assuming the guests enjoyed it as well!