cakes by megan

cakes by megan

Delectable, Delicious, Designed to Impress!

Annandale, VA 22003 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Tast...
Dietary options: Gluten Free, Vegan
Health license: Not required by state

Quality of Service:
Flexibility:
(4.9 / 5.0)
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Megan was wonderful to work with! She not only does cake but is also a day of coordinator.

My guests raved about how wonderful the wedding cakes were. We had three cakes and each one that I tried was wonderful. The cannoli cake which is new to her menu was so light and had a great flavor. The grooms cake was a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream and a cheesecake layer- this was to die for, My husband is not wanting to share the cake topper we brought home. The coconut cake disappeared! The sugar flowers were different on all of them! and all were beautiful. She also offers replacement tiers for our first anniversary for $20 to be decorated like our wedding cake.

Her talent doesn't end with cake- she made coconut and amaretto truffles for our wedding favors- which she helped turn into our place cards. Her husband was able to cut elements from our wedding invitations to create name cards with table numbers for our guests which they attached to the favor boxes.

She also supplied containers (apothecary jars, glass and silver bowls, and silver scoops) and candy for a candy bar. She made a selection of dark chocolate, kahlua, and grand marnier truffles, sugar cookie snowflakes and traditional greek kourabiedes (like snowballs) for our winter theme displayed on a tiered stand. Also supplied marshmallows, chocolate shavings and candy canes for our hot chocolate & Coffee station. Purchased custom M&Ms, hershey kisses, jordan almonds, and color specific jelly belly jelly beans that matched our theme. Supplied candy bags with custom sticker with our names and wedding date and snowflakes.

As we had a Greek wedding she also supplied the traditional jordan almonds wrapped in tulle and tied with a bow and flower for each place setting.

I will recommend Cakes by Megan to anyone for any type of event.

• Wedding: 12/28/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Excellent value, flexible to work with, very responsive, and most important of all: delicious cakes!! We had a hard time deciding which flavor to get because there are so many to choose from. Also, I made a design change after our cake tasting and Megan was very easily able to accommodate that change- she even had the decoration I wanted to buy already available! I'm so happy I found Megan!!

• Wedding: 12/20/2014
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 2.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.5

The cakes were all very delicious. All of our guests mentioned that it was the best chocolate cake they had ever had. Also, I was happy to see that she was able to make a surprise groom cake, that my husband was head over heels for when he saw it. That being said, the business aspect suffered. It took far too long for us to receive our contract. And the response time took far too long as well. I was very nervous about whether this part of the wedding would all come together, and was pleasantly surprised that it did. I would recommend the cakes.

• Wedding: Recently Married
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The set up and the cupcake/cakes were delicious! The prices were very fair and Megan made it exactly as requested.

• Wedding: 10/26/2014
Kelly
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Megan made the most beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! I loved every detail and how she brought my vision to life! I highly recommend Megan!

• Wedding: 08/02/2014
4.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We really loved our cake from Cakes by Megan! We got strawberry shortcake and it was DELICIOUS. We had a smaller, 3-tiered cutting cake and then sheet cake in the back. We heard lots of compliments on how tasty it was. And we had about half a sheet left over that went immediately at the brunch the next day (I may have had 3 pieces)! Our only complaint is that the design was not exactly what we thought we were getting. We went for simple, but we thought we would have a navy ribbon and some pearling. There was no pearling, so it was very plain. And we forgot to put our fresh flowers on it. But most importantly it tasted fabulous, was a great price, and was delivered on time and unscathed! We would recommend Megan and would use her for cakes in the future. Thank you!

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
Kristin
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Megan was amazing! She was very accommodating to our schedule for the tastings and we had a specialty request of Pavlovas! She gave us several different options and they we delicious! All of our guests loved them! She communicated throughout, came herself to set up, and paypal option of payment is always easy!

• Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were very pleased with the cake and customer service provided by Cakes by Megan. Her prices were extremely reasonable and the cake was beautiful and delicious! Megan provided a tasting for me, my mom and the groom, walked us through the pricing of cakes and cupcakes, and helped us decide on a final design for our cake. Based on my research of other vendors, her prices were the lowest-- plus the prices included a very beautiful design.

Megan was also very accommodating for the day-of plans. The week before the wedding, we delivered fake flowers to her house which she used to decorate the cake, as it was an easy way to save money. She also helped us by taking the cake knife, server and our toasting flutes to the reception venue, and set them out on the cake table and sweetheart table as we requested. We certainly did not expect her to set these up for us, and for her to be so helpful made us feel even better about selecting her as our vendor.

We were very happy with Cakes by Megan-- Thank you!

• Wedding: 11/02/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Cakes by Megan online; Megan responded very quickly and provided a cake tasting at a time that worked with my husband's work schedule, as well as mine. Megan is a wonderfully talented cake baker/decorator and has the warm friendly personality to match. We loved meeting with her and describing what we envisioned for our wedding cake. The cake was delivered with perfect timing and was exactly what we wanted; elegant and delicious!!! I will definitely call her again for future events.

• Wedding: 10/06/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was absolutely thrilled with my cake. It was gorgeous. The height, the look, the color, and the taste turned out beautiful. Many people at the wedding commented on how good the cake was. Thank you Megan you did an outstanding job. I am so proud of how beautiful the cake was. I will always remember it!

• Wedding: 09/13/2013
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

6 weeks away from my wedding I decided to order a surprise Groom's cake for my husband. Megan came through with the last-minute request and delivered BIG TIME!! She made him a 3-D Redskins helmet cake filled with Peanut Butter Reese's - his favorite!! It looked amazing and he was totally surprised!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Everyone raved about our cake! The photographer featured it, as he loved it as well! Megan was so personable- she came to our house for the cake tasting! Her price was unbelievable! She gave us more options than we thought we could afford... and the cake was THE most amazing cake either one of us have ever tasted! Hands-down I would recommend her to any bride and groom without a doubt. We tried other places, and Megan was the best taste, value, personality and design.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The cake was delicious, beautiful, and exactly what we had in mind when we planned everything with Megan. The tasting was a lot of fun (naturally), and she had a ton of flavors to choose from (we were able to have a few different cake/icing combinations for the different tiers, which was great). The value was unbeatable, and we actually didn't have any cake left over, so I'm assuming the guests enjoyed it as well!

• Wedding: 09/08/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

It was great working with Megan. Our wedding theme with chocolate and raspberry so the cake was extremely important! She did a fantastic job and it was delicious! She also made us an anniversary cake and it brought us back to our wedding day! Thank you so much Megan!!

• Wedding: 08/25/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Despite a power outage the day before the wedding that knocked out the whole region, Megan still managed to mix our cakes in the dark and then bake them when the power came back on (thank goodness!!). I think that alone qualifies her for 5 stars!

But in addition to feats against power and other catastrophes, Megan is also a lovely person. Our tasting at her home was fun and helpful. She had a whole book of pictures to help us find something we liked for the design, for which we didn't really have an idea. And the cake is delicious! Amazing, totally amazing cake. We were very happy with the three flavors we tried, but kept it to 2, almond and lemon, for the actual cake. It was beautiful, tasty, and perfect.

• Wedding: 07/01/2012
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Megan's cake was absolutely delicious and looked gorgeous!! We received many compliments on both the look and the taste of the cake. Thanks!

• Wedding: 05/12/2012
703-624-3531
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards