Cakes by Karol Key West

Cakes by Karol Key West

533 Eaton St #102
Key West, FL 33040 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pas...
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(5.0 / 5.0)
This review is currently being verified.
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We had a destination wedding so we weren't able to taste test any cakes prior to the wedding. I decided to go with Cakes by Karol because they seemed to have to most reasonable prices. I was able to choose the design I wanted online, told them my wedding colors, and paid for the cake all in the same day. I was so happy with how the cake turned out. It was delivered right to the hotel an hour before the reception. Not only did it look beautiful but it tasted amazing. We had a lot of compliments from out guests! I would highly recommend Cakes by Karol.

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Multiple guests said "this is the best wedding cake I've ever had!" I agree. It was delish! We had 2 cakes a grooms cake that was shaped like a Audi R8 and a traditional wedding cake. The Audi was awesome and my husbands face was priceless when he saw it. The wedding cake was key lime cake with butter cream frosting and was SOOOOO good. We had the wedding planner put a couple pieces of cake in our room for later in the evening and we were so happy we did. It was the best late night snack ever! It truly was the best cake I've ever eaten and I love sweets, so that is saying a lot. The wedding cake was so pretty and exactly what I wanted. The grooms cake was awesome and it was a great surprise to my husband! Karol was easy to work with, budget friendly, and responsive. During the planning process, the cake tasting was fun too!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Cakes by Karol made our wedding cakes absolutely perfect! We got the key lime cake with raspberry filling and it was amazing. Everyone loved the cake it was a huge hit.

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They did our cake for us perfectly as we wanted for half the costs of other quotes we received. We did the traditional wedding cake and buttercream frosting - it was DELISH!!!! Thank you so much.

We couldn't be happier,
Matt and Tracey Juron

• Wedding: 09/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious! We chose chocolate with raspberry filling. Incredible flavors and so moist...the perfect cake! Weddings To Go Key West chose an incredible vendor!

• Wedding: 07/13/2014
Sarah Beth
4.9/5.0
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I contacted Cakes by Karol a few weeks before my small Key West wedding. Cakes by Karol assured me they would be able to make me a cake last minute! I sent them a picture of my wedding 'theme' and the colors of the cake matched perfectly on my wedding day. My family loved the Key Lime filling too! They even delivered the cake so I had one less thing to worry about!

• Wedding: 06/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Being a sweets fanatic, I knew that I wanted my wedding cake to be two things: chocolate and delicious! I hate how most wedding cakes taste so bland and dry. Well my wedding cake was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I planned my destination wedding in Key West from New Jersey and so I never even got to do a cake tasting. Cakes by Karol had received wonderful reviews from wedding wire as well as from a previous bride who had her cake made there. The design was easy to pick out since the website was very well set up and easy to navigate through. Karol was very professional and responsive to emails and questions. The second my new husband and I cut into our wedding cake and tasted it, we were so happy with how it turned out! Not only did it look gorgeous, but it tasted incredible. Our guests are still commenting on how great our cake tasted! Thank you so much Karol for our delicious first sweet treat in our marriage!

• Wedding: 06/06/2014
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We used Cakes by Karol for my mom's wedding cake this past May and I was extremely impressed! They came in at a better price than other bakeries and let us provide our own flowers which they arranged perfectly at no extra cost. They were also gracious enough to drop the cake of for free because our venue was just down the street. When the cake arrived the presentation was flawless. I was worried that not having a cake stand for a small two tier cake would be an issue but you noticed the cake right away. To top it off the cake itself was amazing! I had several guests tell me this was the best wedding cake they ever tasted and actually inquired about a second piece. We went with a chocolate cake, dulce de leche filling, and buttercream frosting. If you are in need of a cake in Key West I would highly recommend them!!!!

• Wedding: 05/24/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My wedding cake was amazing! It was almost to beautiful to cut. They offer so many wonderful flavors that it was hard to choose which ones we wanted for our wedding cake. Besides being beautiful it was the best cake I've ever tasted. We had a small wedding of only 50 people so they added a crystal covered cake stand for free to really make my cake look bigger and really stand out. It was more than I ever could have wished for!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
Amanda
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I received a cake from Cakes by Karol in my Weddings To Go destination wedding package. The cake was so wonderful in flavor and decoration that I wanted to stop by and let everyone know. Without even trying your product before hand I felt like I got the best that I could have received for my wedding. Thank you so much!

• Wedding: 05/13/2014
Angela
  • Flexibility: 5.0

They took 3 pictures that I submitted to them and combined them to create my dream wedding cake. Each layer a different flavor and all were delicious!!!

• Wedding: 05/03/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our cake and cupcakes turned out exactly how I imagined. I wish I would have had more but it was beautiful as well as delicious.

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved our wedding cake! It was stunning and delicious!! I could not have asked for a better cake! Another bakery was supposed to prepare our cake but said they could not do the design on a 1 tier cake. So our amazing planners arranged for this bakery to do our cake, and it turned out perfect!!

• Wedding: 04/20/2014
Bryce & Kristy
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very happy with my cake. I sent a picture of how I wanted it to look and I couldn't have been happier!

• Wedding: 03/29/2014
Nicole
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Absolutely amazing wedding cake!!!! Our Pina Colada and Coconut wedding cake from Cakes by Karol was incredibly delicious and was a huge hit with our guests!!! Thank you for making our day perfect!!!

• Wedding: 03/25/2014
Melissa
305-393-3020
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards