Cakes by Jula

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

The choices were awesome and very tasty! We cannot wait to see the cake they are making for our special day!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Jula is the only cake vendor used by the best venue in town (Butler's Courtyard) and there's a reason for that - she is incredible at what she does! She and her team created our wedding cake and groom's cake, and both were incredible. When I envision what the perfect wedding cake tastes like... it's absolutely her.

Rosa
06/20/2015

Fast service. Gave her short notice and was able to created what I wanted.

Julia
05/16/2015

Cakes by Jula did a great job with our wedding cake and the groom's cake, both of which were beautiful and delicious! They really went the extra mile for us by providing a beautiful cake stand for the wedding cake, creating a custom Astros Hawaiian shirt design for the groom's cake, and delivering both down to Galveston on a Saturday. Our family and friends raved about both the appearance and the taste of the cakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Jula did such a good job with both our bride cake and our groom cake. They were extremely tasty and very affordable. She also provided us a separate top for us to freeze on our 1 year anniversary. We only had one miscommunication and didn't receive something we paid for but she happily refunded us our money back.

I was overall very pleased with how our cakes turned out. Better than I could have expected! Would definitely recommend Jula to anyone looking for a delicious and affordable cake!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cakes that Jula made for my wedding were AWESOME! I'm not a cake person myself so I had the wedding cake be cheese cake!!! It was set up beautifully on a three floating tier thing that Jula had. And boy was it DELICIOUS. I was too excited to eat my dinner but that did NOT stop me from eating two pieces of the cheesecake!
The groom's cake was fantastic too! As I said I'm not a cake person, but even I thought it was delicious! It was pineapple case with raspberry filling - sounds weird, I know, but trust me it was super tasty. It was also fantastic looking! We requested that it be based off of a bottle of Kraken rum (if you have never tried this rum, you should, its delicious). She had never seen it nor knew what a Kraken was, but she did her research and it was perfect! She created a bottle of rum on it side with the label looking exactly like the real thing then it had a Kraken next to the bottle with its tentacles all wrapped around it. Seriously it was awesome.

Recently Married

Jula was fantastic. She took our vision for both the bridal and groom's cake and made them come to fruition. Even though there was an issue with the groom's cake on the day of, she was there to fix it and made good afterwards. I couldn't have asked for more. And to top it off, the cakes were SO delicious!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Cake was beautiful and how i had pictured it. Everyone asked me were we ordered from because it was so moist and delicious.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Cakes by Jula off of a recommendation of one of my coworkers. My husband was not able to go with me to the initial meeting/tasting, so Jula sent me home with a box of multiple (over half a dozen!) cupcakes with different icing and filling options. It was so nice to be able to taste the flavors together and in the comfort of our own home. The cake turned out exactly how we wanted! It was delivered at our venue, and we had zero issues! We got red velvet with cream cheese - you will not be disappointed!

Reba
04/11/2015

I went with my Husband and my mom and dad. We had ideas when we walked in but her cakes were so amazing that we switched our ideas. She was amazing and so patient with us, the day of the weeding the cakes were AMAZING! Better than I could have imagined. Thank you so much!

Elle
03/28/2015

Beautiful cake, wonderful flavor. Thanks for being a part of our wedding day!

Recently Married

I loves this place! All of the cakes we tasted were great, and it was so hard to choose. The cakes ended up being beautiful. My husband wanted a pokéball cake and it turned out better than expected. It was a perfect sphere.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Cakes by Jula! I had purchased graduation cakes from Jula since she was baking in her own home, so I knew that she would be the vendor for my daughters wedding cake! She has kept up the quality in her store front business. Her cakes are always so delicious! They are always so fresh and tasty! She listens and provides the details you ask and provides ideas and suggestions when asked. The cake was beautiful as expected and delicious!

Recently Married

Beautiful cake! The icing was amazing and the cake moist and delicious. Everyone raved about the cake and we couldn't have been happier and wish we had more leftover to enjoy!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We loved our cake from Jula. it was beautiful and eaten up quickly!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was so beautiful. I was so so happy and it tasted amazing!