Cake Sensations

• Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Professionalism:  4.5
  • Value:  5.0

Private User 4 Reviews
We found a picture of a cake at a wedding show and when we presented it to Judy, she had never before created a cake quite like the one we chose. However you never would have known it! The cake turned out beautifully! It was a stand-out on our wedding day, with many of our guests going over and gawking at it during the reception and cocktail hour. Also, after taste testing multiple cakes, we found that Judy's cakes were by far the most moist and delicious.

The only downside we encountered with Cake Sensations was the communication after the cake was chosen and the deposit given. Even after emailing and phoning to get information about final payment methods and to confirm delivery, we would not hear back for days to a week. This did add a bit of unnecessary stress to the final weeks before the wedding, but it was all undue, as Judy ensured the cake was perfect and was delivered in perfect shape exactly on time.

I would recommend Cake Sensations to ANY of my friends with future wedding plans - in Calgary or anywhere in the region, as we got married in Banff and Cake Sensations delivered our beautiful cake there no problem!
Wedding: Recently Married
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0

Joni 2 Reviews
We rented our wedding cake from Cake Sensations. The decoration and craftsmen ship of their cakes is above all other cakes i've seen! The cake we wanted happened to be too large for my vehicle so last minute we were able to pick a different one - which was beautiful as well. If you want an elegant cake I would recommend Cake Sensations!
Wedding: 07/03/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Value:  4.5

Private User 7 Reviews
Everything was excellent. The cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious! Our planning meeting was so easy and comfortable that I knew I wanted to choose Cake Sensations from the beginning. There were models, styrofoam tiers to play with, and lots of pictures for inspiration. It made designing a cake easy and the visuals made me confident in my choice. Judy was also happy to make a dairy free tier for me, which most vendors wouldn't do. She also made the cake fit in my budget by adjusting the sizes of the tiers while keeping the height.

She also made a croquembouche for the groom's cake. It was incredible! Very tasty and very pretty.

We were completely satisfied.
Wedding: Recently Married
3.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5

Ashley 6 Reviews
Firstly, I must start by mentioning the positives. I am a gluten free bride and our wedding cake was delicious. Additionally, it was beautiful and constructed perfectly. However, we experienced communication issues with this vendor that were stressful. Note, she wanted payment in full 6 weeks before the wedding but does not make this clear in her correspondences. This lead to stress for the people that went to pick up the cake. We had sent her the money transfer online the week before the wedding as we had done with all our vendors and sent the people going to pick up the cake with the cash deposit (which she would not accept a cheque to hold without having time to deposit it which seems strange to me for a deposit) and she demanded that the balance be paid in full from the people that picked up the cake even though we had already sent her the money. After sorting things out with her, she then informed us that we should have paid 6 weeks prior and that the e-transfer was missed by her. What I don't understand is why we didn't receive an email reminder from her about payment 6 weeks earlier because is it such a strange payment schedule. We would have gladly cleared things up then. My honest interpretation is that we didn't receive the same level of service because of our comparatively low budget compared to the other brides she works with. As well, given how small our wedding cake was (it was smaller than I had expected), I do not feel it was good value especially because it was essentially just a white cake with ribbon on it. That said, it was perfectly executed. All in all, the service we received was dissapointing, I don't feel we got the cake we should have for the money we spent, but that said, our gluten free cake was both beautiful and delicious.
Wedding: 05/03/2014
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Our cake was gorgeous and I was told it tasted amazing (we were too busy to try any yet!) Judy added my fresh lillies and matched my vision perfectly!
Wedding: 09/28/2013
 403-257-2616
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire