Bunn DJ Company

Bunn DJ Company

410 N. Boylan Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27603 | map
Genres: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band, Classic Rock, Cla...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Hands down the best music ever played at a wedding was by our DJ, Steve Stowe. I know I am biased, but when the entire guest list is dancing the entire wedding, that can only mean that the DJ knew what he was doing, and Steve sure did! Steve worked with us on every step of the wedding, from the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to the reception - he knew how to work the crowd and most importantly, my crowd. Steve knew when to cue in music at the right time and when to fade out a song if it was too long. Everything sounded perfect and if we timed it that way.The entire process of Bunn DJ Company was easy and I felt confident in planning our wedding with them. Never once did I think this was a cheesy DJ company and that my wedding would flop. So much fun and the best night of dancing!

• Wedding: 11/15/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our DJ was amazing!!! We worked with Frank and he helped with both the ceremony and reception music, which was extremely helpful! I was so pleased with our reception and all of my family and friends commented on how great our DJ was!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Out of all of our vendors, you were the absolute best! There has never been a more fun wedding in all of history! We had friends that have catered weddings for the last 10+ years that said that this was by far the best wedding they have ever been to. We have you to thank for that Joe Bunn!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Randy from Joe Bunn DJ is the BEST DJ in the Triangle. If you are having a wedding with a DJ, you NEED to have him! He was so easy going and professional. He really knows how to read a crowd and can keep everyone dancing! He doesn't just play one song and then fade in another one, he mixes in different beats so it feels like you are at a club! He was always willing to meet with me and calmed my nerves with following the schedule that I had come up with. We even talked about possibly extending the reception and he said that was something we could decide the night of, which was a big relief! We had Randy DJ our ceremony, then cocktail hour and the entire reception and it was beyond words perfect. Every other vendor that I worked with knew Randy and said that "he is the best." (Sorry Joe!) I am so happy that we had Randy as our DJ. We had such an amazing time at our wedding and we have Randy to thank for that! People are still talking about how much of a good time they had and how awesome our DJ was :) If he is available for your date, make sure you book him soon!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

We booked Joe Bunn DJ Group for our wedding on November 1, 2014 off of a recommendation from a friend. Our Dj was Mitch Woodard and he was awesome!! We knew the first time that we met with him that he was the DJ for us, our personalities just clicked. He was very informative and responsive throughout all of our communications before the wedding date. The week of the wedding we had a call with him to go through all of the details and I must admit it was one of the most enjoyable phone calls my husband and I had with any of the vendors we booked. Talking to Mitch is like talking to a friend you've known your whole life. He is fun, energetic, funny and great with the crowd. We have gotten a lot of compliments on our wedding since the event but we've probably gotten the most compliments on Mitch and Joe Bunn DJ Group. It was a great choice and I'm so glad that we were paired with Mitch!!

• Wedding: 11/01/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Bunn DJ Company were very prompt in all communications and were great in working the event itself.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Randy Bennett from Joe Bunn was the DJ for our wedding and he could not have been better. I'm a music buff, with some pretty esoteric tastes, and from our first meeting I knew Randy was right for us -- he really knows his stuff! We submitted a fairly long list of songs we wanted and not only did he find them all (even the really obscure '80s college radio stuff), but he did a perfect job of picking the right song for the right moment in the evening and then supplemented our choices with picks of his own that fit the flow and mood but also gave us some much-needed variety. I honestly lost count of how many people stopped me during the reception to tell me how great the music was -- there was a lot of "I had forgotten how much I love this song!!!" Once we shifted to the dancing portion of the evening, he did a great job of picking songs that kept people on the dancefloor having fun, kept the volume appropriate, and he was energetic and smiling all night. I also appreciated that throughout the reception he did a good job of non-intrusively giving me a heads-up when a special song or dance was coming up so I could make sure the right people were near the dancefloor, we weren't in the middle of chewing, we weren't in the bathroom, etc. Yes, wedding DJs are expensive, but Joe Bunn's prices are fair and competitive and man, you definitely get your money's worth. Randy Bennett is amazing and was a HUGE part of the success of our wedding.

• Flexibility: 5.0

Booking Mark McNally from Joe Bunn DJ Company was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! He was so professional through the whole planning process and made everything so easy for us, we knew immediately that we made the right choice. We planned our wedding in North Carolina while living in Florida and he was by far the most accommodating vendor we worked with. He was so thorough in learning how to pronounce everyone's names and ensuring all of our important songs and timing were correct, he took so much of our stress away. We knew he would do a great job come our wedding day, but had no idea exactly how great. Our guests still cannot stop telling us how much they loved our DJ! He had everyone on the dance floor all night long, from my 80 year old grandma to my teenage cousins. I've never been to a wedding where so many people danced the whole night, it was truly the best night of our lives. I cannot stress enough how great of a decision it was to work with Mark. While planning we heard from so many people to splurge on good food, a great photographer, and am awesome DJ. They couldn't have been more right. Mark made the party better than we could've ever hoped!

• Wedding: 10/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose Randy with Bunn DJ Company for our October 2014 wedding. We saw Randy DJ at a friend's wedding (who had seen him DJ At one of their friends' weddings) and we immediately thought of him after we got engaged. From our first meeting to after the wedding Randy was FANTASTIC! He was friendly and professional at our first meeting and really made us feel comfortable with him and his services. He expalined everything and the online databases of music and online planning tool were just really great and made planning music for the reception easy! We had quite a few special requests for our recpetion, and Randy pulled them all off beautifully!!! Not only did he go above and beyond for us, but he also acted as MC of the reception - and having his knowledge and expertise regarding the order of events and intros made everything go really smoothly. He was a blast - we had several guests compliment us on the music at the reception. Randy aims to please and exceeds all expectations. Your event isn't just another event to him - he really takes it personally and seriously and wants to make sure you get what you want and need. Thank you Randy - I wish I could have another wedding just to have you DJ again!!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Frank Meldau of DJ Joe Bunn Co. did a fantastic job at our wedding! He was very professional and flexible with our wedding music, including a tough intro transition from "Crazy Train" (Ozzy Osbourne) to our first dance song "Annie's Song" (John Denver). I am convinced that if he can make that transition work, he can do anything :). I have a difficult German last name, and Frank pronounced everything correctly-- way to go Frank! Our guests danced all night long and several commented to us that they really enjoyed the music he played and couldn't sit down because he just kept playing hit after hit. I would definitely recommend Frank and DJ Joe Bunn Co. to friends and family- he was fun, professional, and not at all cheesy-- a wonderful DJ! You are in wonderful hands with Frank. A word of wisdom to other brides: spring for the lighting package (the minimal package would be fine). We didn't do lighting and it was a little too dark on the dance floor (Frank, you were right!). We still had an awesome time- thanks again to Frank and DJ Joe Bunn!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

After contacting and meeting several available DJs in the Raleigh area, David Fox and the Bunn DJ Company were clearly the best fit for our wedding needs. My bride and I were impressed with David's kindness, enthusiasm, creativity, and organization leading up to our wedding. On the day of the wedding, David certainly delivered as expected. He offered exceptional DJ services which played a key role in our ceremony and reception. Not only were my bride and I pleased with his DJ services, but we got great feedback from our guests as well. Many thanks to David Fox and Bunn DJ Company for helping make our special day a memorable one!

• Flexibility: 5.0

From the get-go, Mitch was easy going, we liked him the minute we met with him. He made selecting our music very easy, we chose all of the stuff we wanted for the Ceremony, Cake cutting, Garter and Bouquet toss, and each of the special dances. He has an extremely extensive playlist of stuff available and will get anything that he doesn’t have as long as it is available. For almost all of our ceremony stuff we used a string quartet called “Vitamin String Quartet” so that we could have contemporary songs in strings, and he bought everything that we wanted off iTunes. They also have a very easy to use program on their website that lets you set up everything (Names of people he will introduce, what song to play when, etc. etc.)

Other than that we really left the music up to him and he did a much better job that we could have done ourselves! He played mostly 80’s and 90’s stuff with good tone and the right vibe to follow the mood of the room. We had 160 people at our wedding and he kept the dance floor filled the ENTIRE time! We were shocked at how well he was able to follow the mood of the room and keep people involved and slow it down when we needed a break! All of his music is also radio edited so you don’t have to worry about offending grandmothers or children.

He is very pleasant sounding on the mic and doesn’t talk just to hear his own voice. So he was nice to listen to on the few times that he did talk to get people where they needed to be, or focus on what needed to happen. Between him and our wedding planner everyone was where they needed to be, exactly when they needed to be there and the entire day flowed very well.

I highly recommend Mitch and Joe Bunn DJ to anyone in the area!

• Wedding: 10/11/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Randy Bennett was the best DJ ever! We got married on a Friday night at the Merrimon Wynne House downtown Raleigh. He performed music for the ceremony and reception. Everyone had a blast and danced the night away. Randy was a pleasure to work with. I would recommend his services to anyone and will use him for another event. He even makes you a CD with all the music he plays for your wedding so you can jam in the car and remember the night. :)

• Wedding: 10/10/2014
Services Used: Ceremony Music, Entertainer
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David Fox was our DJ and we LOVED him! From the minute we got in touch with him we knew he was our guy! He was fun, helpful, flexible and incredibly professional! He was SO flexible with all of our changes and had no problem with special requests or editing songs. He executed our entire wedding plan PERFECTLY and kept the reception going. Our entire guest list was on the dance floor all night! Our wedding would not have been what it was without him - thanks, David - we love you!

• Wedding: 10/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Mark was fantastic and we loved him. We would specifically ask for him in the future. Thanks Mark!

• Wedding: 10/04/2014
Lisa
  • Flexibility: 5.0

David at Bunn DJ rocked our wedding! There wasn't a song I didn't want to be on the dance floor dancing to - and I don't dance that much at weddings! Our guests were raving about the songs throughout the night asking if we selected every single one (we didn't) because the selection was so awesome. You can stop looking, you've honestly found the perfect DJ for your wedding!

• Wedding: 10/03/2014
919-785-9001
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards