Bruce Best Photography
When only the BEST will do...choose
Our Studio Address

Flexibility:
 (3.4/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 1 Reviews
Overall HORRIBLE!!!! Do not hire them, we never got a wedding album that was paid for. Never answered emails or phone calls. Should be remove from wedding wire! Terrible vendor!
Wedding: Recently Married
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Value:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Crystal 11 Reviews
Amy (Bruce’s wife who handles the business end) replied to my initial email immediately. We met them, loved them and I felt confident in hiring them. Amy pushed for an engagement session and threw it in for free. We did the session at our home since I felt the pictures would be more us plus there are woods that would offer more traditional shots. They said they liked the idea. At the end of the shoot Amy asked if there were any more shots we wanted and we did a few more. We included our dog and they were fine working with him. Bruce gave some direction but not as much as expected. We went over pictures I wanted to recreate for wedding and they were helpful and threw in a third photographer for free.

Three weeks later I got a CD but I couldn’t see the images. I don’t blame them for this; technology can suck. I asked Amy if I sent her a flash drive if she could put the images on there and she agreed. Amy said she sent it but a week later I still didn’t have it. I told Amy and she said she bought another one and said it would be in the mail that day. Five days later - nothing. She said she was delayed with holiday stuff. Later she said she couldn’t put the images on the flash; she would put another CD in the mail. I asked why they couldn’t get the images on the flash now but they could before. Amy gave me an excuse about technology. When I got the 2nd CD it didn’t work but they included a flash drive with 472 images – most terrible, some OK, about 20 good. Some of the problems could have been prevented, like one series my fiance’s face is hidden by a shadow because of where the sun was - something a professional should have been able to deal with or Amy’s arm in a few shots.

After this I terminated our contract. The stress just to get my photos was too much, especially since I hated most of them. There was a back and forth in emails where I was criticized for shots in our home and was told her arm wasn’t in every frame. Overall everything was fine…until it was.
Wedding: Recently Married

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Well, as a bride who has used Bruce Best Photography, I take huge issue with this vindictive person who is trashing them. You, miss bride, are an angry, bitter person. You should be angry with the photog who wouldn't give your photos to Bruce and Amy. Stop ruining the career of an EXCEPTIONAL photographer. I have used Bruce for EVERY major life event since my wedding. Baby photos, family photos, baptisms, and every.single.time, its been a quality experience.

Anonymous 1 Reviews
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT ALL THESE 5 STAR REVIEWS ARE WRITTEN BY THE BUSINESS OWNERS AND NOT REAL.

Anonymous 1 Reviews
AMAZING! My husband and I loved working with Bruce and Amy! They both are super talented and have such a great way about them. Bruce is cool and calm and is perfect balance to Amy's outgoing exuberant personality. Our engagement and wedding photos are beyond stunning. More than I could have ever had hoped for. My husband and I as well as both our families have fell completely in love with them. so much so that my brother and his fiancé have booked them to photograph their wedding. You don't realize how much time you will spend with your photographer; so you it's important that you really like whomever you choose. Thanks, Amy and Bruce!!
  • Flexibility:  0.0
This company was not hired for a wedding, but were chosen to photograph a Marine Corps Ball in DC. They were nice enough during the event, suggesting cute poses for couples and joking with guests. We were told that we would have a DVD of our pictures within two weeks of the event. My significant other and I wanted to send the picture to our parents for Christmas and figured we would have plenty of time. When we had not received the DVD by the middle of December, myself and a few other guests tried to call and email the company. All emails and calls from me were left unanswered, and due to how my work email is set up, I was able to tell that no one ever even opened my emails. I find it ridiculous that a company would operate so unprofessionally, but to take advantage of those who have given so much to serve our country is a huge slap in the face. DO NOT support this company!
Wedding: 11/09/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
A Mother's Perspective: Bruce and Amy are not only talented photographers but also genuinely wonderful individuals. They arrived as the bridal party was getting ready and stayed for the entire evening. They were so much fun and totally put us all at ease. I highly recommend these phtographers as they have the complete package: gifted photographers, pleasant, fun and professional. You can't go wrong.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There is only one thing to say...... I loved them so so much. They r fun and take the BEST pic i have ever seen. I wood recommend them to everyone!!!!!!!! It eill be the best thing you spend you money on :-)
Wedding: 08/03/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I will never forget the first time I called Amy Best. I had spoken with a number of photographers who were very nice, but there was something different about her. Within 5 minutes I found myself talking with her about our wedding the way I would with a bridesmaid, or my best friend. I felt like I had known Amy for years. She recounted myriad wedding stories and greatly allayed my nerves about the prospect of planning our wedding (as we had forgone the use of a wedding planner). She and her husband know weddings through and through and from the very beginning they were instrumental in helping me think through how to plan a wedding in general.

But there is more to the Bests than just the first conversation, indeed, they set the tone for our wedding in a way that changed the entire course of it. After a family incident which required us to change everything from the budget to the actual date, instead of cutting and running, or telling us to go somewhere else, they sat us down and worked with us to CHANGE THEIR PLANS ENTIRELY to accommodate our wedding. They are booked nearly every weekend, and yet late in the game they were more than happy to make sure that they were able to cover our wedding regardless of the huge change in location and date. They really gave us faith that our wedding was not only going to be doable, but absolutely marvelous. And indeed it was!

On the day of your wedding you quite literally end up spending more time with the photographers than anyone else so you really really have to like who you are working with. Bruce and Amy are a husband and wife team that radiate fun, love, and are the embodiment of the attitude you want around you and your husband on your day. Bruce is calm, cool, and collected and is a perfect complement to Amy who is bursting with the energy necessary to keep things light and fun. In addition to being completely personable, they are also detail-oriented and are extraordinarily good at their craft. They know how to make you look beautiful, and will make sure you are positioned just so to catch the right shot. They don't philosophically believe in charging by the hour, so they are with you for the entire day--stem to stern--so that they can catch each moment of your choosing.

I really cannot recommend these two enough. They made our wedding day special from the very beginning, throughout the planning process, and were willing to go above and beyond at every turn. If this doesn't convince you enough, then just look at their work product. They are a fantastic team and if you are looking for people who are fun, military friendly, and will capture your wedding day for a lifetime then Bruce Best Photography is for you.
Wedding: 07/14/2012
0.1/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.5

Mrs. Army... 11 Reviews
Bruce Best Photography is a terrible company and I advise that ALL brides STAY AWAY FROM THEM!

My husband and I were so excited when we booked our wedding with them. Bruce and Amy Best offer a package that is hard to refuse but that they can not follow through. We paid for everything: engagement photos, family photos, ALL DAY wedding photograhy (which they agreed that they would be there when I started to get ready), photo album, photo cds, a photo booth, and 2 wedding photographers (3 if we were over a certain amount of guests). All of these agreements were documented on our contract with Bruce Best Photography.

About 1 week before our wedding, we find out that Bruce and Amy are unable to make it at the requested start time of our wedding preparations. They had made "other plans." After Amy screamed at myself and my wedding coordinator, my husband tried to talk some sense into her... She continued to yell at him and told him that no photographer from Bruce Best Photography would show up at our wedding. We had already contacted an attorney as soon as we suspected a breach in contract. Bruce and Amy Best did NOT show up at our wedding and breached our signed and paid in full contract. They walked away with thousands of dollars. We filed a case with Fairfax County District Court and won. You can look up the case by googling Fairfax County District Court, clicking on Case Information (click on the website link below that banner), go to Case Status and Information and click on General District Court... Type in Bruce Best Photography. Our case is there. We won our case and have tried to collect our money that is due back from Bruce and Amy Best. We have not received our money... They are scam artists that took advantage of one of the most important days of our lives. Even the Fort Belvoir Officer's Club stopped recommending them.

Amy 1 Reviews
Bruce and Amy are wonderful people and so great to work with. From the beginning they were very clear with what was going to happen on our big day. We had two ceremonies and Bruce and Amy shot both of them. The first ceremony was at our home and not very organized but Bruce and Amy had no trouble and just went with the flow. All of the pictures were amazing and they were such a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone!
Wedding: 05/27/2012
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5

Erin 1 Reviews
Bruce and Amy Best want their clients to be happy. They were more than friendly at our first meeting which made me want to go home and sign the contract right at that moment. Amy is great with Email and responds right away. Sometimes if you ask too many questions, she will just respond with the basics. But I learned that I did not have to worry in the end because they do amazing work! They followed through on everything they said they would do. The original location I wanted for Engagement photos was not going to work for their schedule, even though they had promised to do the shoot there. So Amy promised a post wedding follow up shoot at that location. After the wedding when I got my photos (which are beautiful!) she reminded me that she did not forget that they promised another shoot and to let her know when we want to schedule it. It meant a lot that Amy remembered that, and is still willing to follow through on it! You can't get customer service like that in other places.

Also, I have friends and family who did not get their wedding photos for many many months after their wedding. Bruce and Amy stuck to their promised timeline and I had my photos in less than 60 days even though it was high wedding season for them.

If you want great wedding photos and a responsive photographer, you will not be disappointed with Bruce Best Photography!!
Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amy and Bruce were simply fantastic. Even in adverse circumstances, they showed dedication and professionalism to ensure that our day was a success. Thanks for everything!
Wedding: 05/19/2012

Anonymous 1 Reviews
Do not hire them. "When Best is the worse." They are deceitful and full of lies and I have cancelled all engagement with them.

Anonymous 1 Reviews
This company previously went under the name Bruce Best Photography, same people/owners. None of the contracted services were delivered to satisfaction. We paid for 2 photographers and ended up with 1 because the company engaged in deliberate fraud and booked another wedding the same date. One of our 2 photographers that was there at the beginning left with an excuse of a medical emergency which was a lie. They've used the same lie over and over again to other couples, reviews are all over the internet.

They threatened to destroy and withhold all our photos. Did not deliver them in the time stated under our contract. Editing quality was poor and not as promised, had payment issues with the vendor from day 1, terrible communication, problems with the guest book we were supposed to have the day of wedding, they offered to refund us the difference between the 1 and 2 photographer packages but of course we never saw a single dime, and I could go on for days about the problems with this company. They had so many complaints against them, they decided to rebrand themselves under the names Gannon and Aimee Stein. But its really Bruce and Amy Best, previously known as Bruce Best Photography.

Do not hire these people. They'll be the nicest people at the beginning to get your contract. But they will end up stealing your money and run! This isn't just one story, read the reviews online about Bruce Best Photography, there's still a community forum page at The Knot.com with info. Or check some of the active court cases in Prince William County district court with couples suing them for breach of contract.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Bruce Best Photography is awesome. Amy and Bruce are so easy to work with, make you feel at ease, and their love of what they do comes through every time you meet or talk with them. They don't nickel and dime you, include so much in their packages, give you the rights to all the photos, really want to get to know the couple, and are just overall such great people (they helped me out with a charity event as well). And, of course, their photos are incredible. Amy wanted me to see a sneak peak of my wedding photos because she was so excited about them, and emailed me a bunch of photos to get an idea the day after my wedding. They are responsive, so talented, and I've recommended them to all my engaged friends...everyone I've recommended them to has signed on with them.
Wedding: 05/05/2012
 703-975-6578
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire