Bridals by Sandra

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
4.7

We had a great time at Bridals by Sandra today! I found the perfect wedding gown and my new friend Annie was so helpful and is assigned to ME until I get married next July! I'm so glad I went here and I wanted to let everyone know that this is the best place to shop. We went into the city to have the "Say Yes to the Dress" experience but honestly the staff at this local store knows more than they do in the city. They've been doing this 50 years they said and believe me you can see why. The store is cool so ask for a tour and they'll give it to you. My friend Ashley told me about Bridals by Sandra and also told me to ask for the tour; and it's so cool to see how they have the sewing machines going and how they store their things in this big vault. I couldn't believe it! The gowns are all gorgeous & I have a beautiful David Tutera wedding gown that will arrive for just ME by Christmas. Yaaaaay! I "Said Yes!" Thanks Annie and Susan it was so much fun!

[Private]

Amazing experience at, Bridals by Sandra last night! Not only did I find my dream gown by Casablanca and I was in my OWN dressing room without ALL the other customers, but my girl Annie helped me with color theme and everything. They have a vault to keep all my wedding stuff in and don't charge for it or charge to iron my Gown. They even have hemmers in their store to hem my gown! BUT THE AMAZING PART IS THAT WE'RE GOING TO LAS VEGAS on THEM! THEY PAY FOR YOU TO GO TO VEGAS as a part of their 50th year in business. No WONDER they're in business that long! They think of EVERY LITTLE DETAIL! I thought I was organized but there's so much I forgot about! I've been shopping ALL OVER & no one keeps my dress safe or even irons it. They gave ME and mom a tour and Omg! I didn't know this place was this large! Go! You'll lI've it & YOU CAN MEET ME IN VEGAS BABY! :) YAAAAY!

[Private]

Ordered my wedding dress and veil! 3rd shop I had been to but definitely the best local bridal shop! Very helpful and knowledgeable!

[Private]

This was the first bridal dress shop I was in while shopping for my dress and in my opinion the best I've been in (I was in many more after my stop here). They were professional, relatable, friendly, priced well, and so helpful and understanding! I'd recommend them to anyone dress shopping.

0.0

I can not even begin to describe what a horrible experience I had at Bridal's by Sandra. I am a bridesmaid and so is my fiances daughter for a wedding this June. My sister-in-law picked up our dresses, and last night we tried them on for the first time. Both dresses were ordered a size bigger then we needed (even though the sales girl said the smaller size would be fine), and yet both dresses are too small! And no, our weight did not change since we were measured. I went to Sandra's today and calmly explained that there was either a mistake or no one took into account that the dresses run small, I was rudely told there was nothing they could do and that the bride should've told us that after the dresses are ordered there's nothing Sandra's can do to rectify any sort of issues. First and foremost I can not believe how these women talked down to me, no apology or sympathy. Secondly I can not believe that a privately owned shop could not offer any solution to my problem, I was even willing to pay more for a new dress, since they were claiming that because the dress was "price matched" they wouldn't do anything for me! A poorly run business, I will never recommend Sandra's to anyone. Horrible, horrible experience.

0.0

I went to Bridal by Sandra and shopped for bridesmaid dresses with my 4 bridesmaids, my appt was at 3, and no one came to help us until 3:40- we were just all waiting in the store. The girl, Emily, that "helped" us was just awful, she basically stood there and did nothing, we ran the entire appt ourselves and the girl kept running in the back to "check on things", she never came out with dresses, wouldn't give us prices, and didn't listen to one thing we said. She probably said a total of 10 words our entire appt. OH and we were placed in one big room with no curtains or anywhere to change, so I had my 4 bridesmaids ( some who have never met before), all changing in front of one another. It was the worst experience ever! I was so upset. DO NOT GO THERE FOR BRIDESMAID DRESSES.

1 person found this review helpful
0.9

Horrible stress creators.
My sister bought her dress at bridals 3 years ago and it was great. Not anymore. Now that there is new ownership Sandra's is over. They were great with my wedding dress and I liked my consultant but that was it. They were EXTREMELY RUDE anytime you called on the phone to make an appointment. Were NOT FLEXIBLE at all. I lived an hour away and had many appointments canceled the day of because the dresses or tuxes weren't ready. 2 days before my wedding and the tuxes WEREN'T READY!! The FOB did not have a tux! We had to drive to Allentown personally to pick up the tuxes from the venue and THEY WERE DIRTY! They didn't size the groomsman properly. Every tux was 3 sizes too big for them men. The bridesmaids dresses came in the wrong color. Things weren't even ordered on time. It's amazing the lack of communication at this store. I read another reviews comment about prom dresses and she is right. When prom season is around- don't call about your wedding because they don't care!
I was given so much unnecessary stress by this store. DON'T GO HERE

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bridals by Sandra was great we had one downfall but other than the minor hiccup everything else was spectacular. Service was great, they made my family and I feel comfortable and didn't make me feel pressured or rushed to make a decision or pick one of their dresses. Although I did love the service and dresses my bridal consultant did however tell my husband the color of my dress which I was not very happy about. When i called in to speak to sandra about the issue it was obvious my bridal consultant and her had already spoke and she had been awaiting my phone call so i didn't feel there was any genuine remorse at all. I was told all grooms know the color of their brides dress and its not a big deal.instead of owning up to the mistake she made me feel as though i was over reacting by crying and brushed it off as no biggie. Great dresses, great service other than the slip up of detail

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I went to Bridal’s By Sandra for my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses & alterations.

Wedding Dress: I had an INCREDIBLE day shopping for my dress. My consultant, Lisa, was so kind and helpful! I showed her pictures that I had pinned on Pinterest and she matched the photos back to dresses. I bought the first dress I tried on! And, it just so happens there was a trunk sale on my dress happening the following weekend and once the manager got word of me being an out of town shopper (from PA, living in NYC), she offered me the trunk sale price on the dress as we’ll as $100 off coupon for any item in the store.

Bridesmaid Dresses: This appointment was a bit of a mess. I have 6 bridesmaids, 4 of which came shopping with me for the day. I went in with very clear marching orders for the girls and consultant. I was looking for two dresses that would complement each other, same designer, same color. The consultant (whose name I can’t remember) we felt was lacking experience. She couldn’t deliver on the dress request – allowing the girls to ultimately choose dresses that were from two different designers even though she told us they were the same one and even brining in an extra pair of hands to try and salvage the appt at the end. In effort to save the appt. However, the dresses we ultimately choose were over $300 a piece which seems like a lot to me. Needless to say, the consultants were not willing to negotiate on price, we walked away empty handed and found the SAME dresses elsewhere for half the price - Here Comes The Bridesmaid in NYC.

Wedding Dress Alterations: My seamstress, Melissa, has done an amazing job on my dress. Melissa had to reconstruct the ENTIRE top of my gown (mermaid styel) given I’ve lost 30 pounds since purchasing the dress and you would never know it. It fits PERFECTLY. I’m thrilled with her and her work.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I got my dress at Sandra's for a very reasonable price and on a very short time frame. If you are having a last minute wedding or elopement they will allow you to purchase their samples on site, and will give you a discounted rate. At first I was not happy with the alterations of my dress. My mother approached the owner and informed her that we were unhappy and she personally came into the room, looked at the dress herself, directed the seamstress and made sure that before I left the dress was a perfect fit. She did her best to make sure that we left happy. Very professional.

1.5

I have very few good things to say about Sandra's. I started my dress search here and found a gown I loved. However, I decided to sleep on it and when this became apparent the sales associate completely wrote me off. She was rude to my aunt who was with me and the appointment promptly ended. My mom called a few days later and spoke to a manager about this and there was no resolution. As a bride, I don't appreciate being treated like a dollar sign.
I also encountered difficulty with them when we ordered bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding. After specifically saying and repeating MANY times that we wanted the length of the dresses to be altered the dresses still came in with the wrong length. Sandra's offered to alter the dress free of charge but it didn't really help the 3 other girls who live in other parts of the country. Maybe get it right the first time?
Lastly, my mom bought her gown here for my recent wedding and the zipper had to be fixed because it was an off the rack purchase. So, they "fix" the zipper and when she put it on at home the eye hook immediately popped off. Another phone call and another trip out to Sandra's.
Sandra's has a wide selection of dresses (although you'd never know because you can't actually see the dresses) but take it from my experience this is not the place to purchase your gown. You are a dollar sign, not a bride. Unprofessional, bad service, rude...end of story.

Recently Married
2.2

I absolutely loved my dress and my consultant. However, the day of the wedding my veil had a hole in it. My bridesmaids tried to hide it from me; however, I saw and did panic a bit. That was a downfall for me. Other than that, the dresses are gorgeous and for the most part the consultants are nice, at least to the bride. I feel as if they somewhat look past the bridesmaids and MOB whom are just as important in my eyes.

JL
Recently Married

I found Bridals by Sandra because they sold David Tutera dresses and that is what I was originally looking at getting. I had no idea what I wanted style wise and I had no clue what would look good on my body type. They put me with Deb Z and she was AWESOME!! So friendly and comforting and she picked a bunch of styles for me try on keeping in mind my budget. The nice thing was that we were in a private room. So my friends and family could sit in the room behind a curtain while I changed and no other dress shoppers saw me and it was private changing which was really nice for a self-conscientious girl like me! The best is the first dress was one of her picks, I liked it but wasn’t crazy about the kind of dropped waist look (it was fitted down the biggest part of my ample hips) so originally I said no it. I tried on a bunch more, went to other places (which were horrid compared to Bridals by Sandra). I went back with my mother and a few friends. My mom wanted to see all the dresses I had tried on previously. I tried the first one Deb picked out again and I did love it and so did everyone else but the waist was still an issue and my mom didn’t like the David Tutera dress as much as she liked the first one. Then Deb said we could change the bottom of the dress that Casablanca allows picking a different skirt style! She measured and made it more A-line for me. I can tell you I was super worried ordering the dress and not knowing if I would like the change to the skirt! It came in and it was PERFECT! Deb did an amazing job the skirt was the perfect style for me and it was flawless! You would never know we changed the skirt style!!! Then with the alterations my dress fit perfect and did not go anywhere my whole day! I didn’t want to be tugging it up all night! I didn’t touch the top to pull it up at all the whole day and night!! Thank you Deb Z for picking the PERFECT MOST GORGEOUS DRESS and the alterations woman for making my dress fit perfect!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After a day searching at tiny private boutiques and mass market options, my mom suggested a look at Bridals by Sandra, where she and several of my aunts had found their wedding gowns. At that point, I knew the design elements that were important to me (and looked good), and the sales staff at Bridals by Sandra were great at listening and making suggestions. It didn't take long--the second dress in was THE ONE. My seamstress did a fantastic job (even adding sleeves to the dress). There were some issues with scheduling, but when it came down to it they made it happen, each time. The dress was gorgeous, fit perfectly, and really made the day magical. Highly recommend!

Logansdaddy
10/11/2014

Best place to buy a wedding dress in the Lehigh valley!!! Excellent selection of wedding dresses, friendly and knowledgeable consultants. Unbeatable prices.

3.6

Bridals by Sandra has a very decent selection of bridal gowns for many different designers. I attended for a Maggie Sottero trunk show, but didn't end up finding anything I liked in my price range. At this point, I had already been to Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelo as well as a little shop in Red Hill with no luck, so I was frustrated and down. The attendant could see this after trying at least 15 or so gowns, so she gave me a robe, and let me walk through the racks in their collection. (normally you tell them what style and price you are looking for, and they bring the gowns to you.) I found a few that were a couple hundred dollars above what I wanted to spend, but I was desperate. One of my last dresses was a David Tutera for Mon Cheri and I instantly fell in love with it. It still makes me cry just thinking about my dress. I didn't care the cost (I think it was $1,300 on sale), I wanted that dress. The attendant was very helpful, and she really tried everything she could to get me into a dress I loved. My real quarrel with this place comes in the fitting. When I showed up for my first fitting, my seamstress pulled the dress out of the bag, and said I hate working on this dress! No excitement for me or my day, or trying to get to know me, just right down to business and unpleasant business at that. She didn't try to make conversation with me or even try to be friendly. She was all business. And when she was finished, I felt I was secure, she took it off, and I was on my way $260 later. Then when I went for my next fitting, same thing, I put it on and she said nothing, didn't walk around and make sure I was 'in' it, or see if there was any places it could use something more, she just said what do you think, and walked away. Not to mention, she didn't even bustle my dress. She put safety pins in the back, cut some ribbon, drew a diagram, and that was my bustle. Forget that! Highly recommend the bridal staff, suggest taking it to get altered anywhere but there!