Bridals by Sandra

3.9
Value
Flexibility
[Private]

Ordered my wedding dress and veil! 3rd shop I had been to but definitely the best local bridal shop! Very helpful and knowledgeable!

[Private]

This was the first bridal dress shop I was in while shopping for my dress and in my opinion the best I've been in (I was in many more after my stop here). They were professional, relatable, friendly, priced well, and so helpful and understanding! I'd recommend them to anyone dress shopping.

1 Review
0.0

I went to Bridal by Sandra and shopped for bridesmaid dresses with my 4 bridesmaids, my appt was at 3, and no one came to help us until 3:40- we were just all waiting in the store. The girl, Emily, that "helped" us was just awful, she basically stood there and did nothing, we ran the entire appt ourselves and the girl kept running in the back to "check on things", she never came out with dresses, wouldn't give us prices, and didn't listen to one thing we said. She probably said a total of 10 words our entire appt. OH and we were placed in one big room with no curtains or anywhere to change, so I had my 4 bridesmaids ( some who have never met before), all changing in front of one another. It was the worst experience ever! I was so upset. DO NOT GO THERE FOR BRIDESMAID DRESSES.

1 person found this review helpful

I went to Bridal’s By Sandra for my wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses & alterations.

Wedding Dress: I had an INCREDIBLE day shopping for my dress. My consultant, Lisa, was so kind and helpful! I showed her pictures that I had pinned on Pinterest and she matched the photos back to dresses. I bought the first dress I tried on! And, it just so happens there was a trunk sale on my dress happening the following weekend and once the manager got word of me being an out of town shopper (from PA, living in NYC), she offered me the trunk sale price on the dress as we’ll as $100 off coupon for any item in the store.

Bridesmaid Dresses: This appointment was a bit of a mess. I have 6 bridesmaids, 4 of which came shopping with me for the day. I went in with very clear marching orders for the girls and consultant. I was looking for two dresses that would complement each other, same designer, same color. The consultant (whose name I can’t remember) we felt was lacking experience. She couldn’t deliver on the dress request – allowing the girls to ultimately choose dresses that were from two different designers even though she told us they were the same one and even brining in an extra pair of hands to try and salvage the appt at the end. In effort to save the appt. However, the dresses we ultimately choose were over $300 a piece which seems like a lot to me. Needless to say, the consultants were not willing to negotiate on price, we walked away empty handed and found the SAME dresses elsewhere for half the price - Here Comes The Bridesmaid in NYC.

Wedding Dress Alterations: My seamstress, Melissa, has done an amazing job on my dress. Melissa had to reconstruct the ENTIRE top of my gown (mermaid styel) given I’ve lost 30 pounds since purchasing the dress and you would never know it. It fits PERFECTLY. I’m thrilled with her and her work.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I got my dress at Sandra's for a very reasonable price and on a very short time frame. If you are having a last minute wedding or elopement they will allow you to purchase their samples on site, and will give you a discounted rate. At first I was not happy with the alterations of my dress. My mother approached the owner and informed her that we were unhappy and she personally came into the room, looked at the dress herself, directed the seamstress and made sure that before I left the dress was a perfect fit. She did her best to make sure that we left happy. Very professional.

1.5

I have very few good things to say about Sandra's. I started my dress search here and found a gown I loved. However, I decided to sleep on it and when this became apparent the sales associate completely wrote me off. She was rude to my aunt who was with me and the appointment promptly ended. My mom called a few days later and spoke to a manager about this and there was no resolution. As a bride, I don't appreciate being treated like a dollar sign. I also encountered difficulty with them when we ordered bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding. After specifically saying and repeating MANY times that we wanted the length of the dresses to be altered the dresses still came in with the wrong length. Sandra's offered to alter the dress free of charge but it didn't really help the 3 other girls who live in other parts of the country. Maybe get it right the first time? Lastly, my mom bought her gown here for my recent wedding and the zipper had to be fixed because it was an off the rack purchase. So, they "fix" the zipper and when she put it on at home the eye hook immediately popped off. Another phone call and another trip out to Sandra's. Sandra's has a wide selection of dresses (although you'd never know because you can't actually see the dresses) but take it from my experience this is not the place to purchase your gown. You are a dollar sign, not a bride. Unprofessional, bad service, rude...end of story.

Recently Married
2.2

I absolutely loved my dress and my consultant. However, the day of the wedding my veil had a hole in it. My bridesmaids tried to hide it from me; however, I saw and did panic a bit. That was a downfall for me. Other than that, the dresses are gorgeous and for the most part the consultants are nice, at least to the bride. I feel as if they somewhat look past the bridesmaids and MOB whom are just as important in my eyes.

JL
Recently Married

I found Bridals by Sandra because they sold David Tutera dresses and that is what I was originally looking at getting. I had no idea what I wanted style wise and I had no clue what would look good on my body type. They put me with Deb Z and she was AWESOME!! So friendly and comforting and she picked a bunch of styles for me try on keeping in mind my budget. The nice thing was that we were in a private room. So my friends and family could sit in the room behind a curtain while I changed and no other dress shoppers saw me and it was private changing which was really nice for a self-conscientious girl like me! The best is the first dress was one of her picks, I liked it but wasn’t crazy about the kind of dropped waist look (it was fitted down the biggest part of my ample hips) so originally I said no it. I tried on a bunch more, went to other places (which were horrid compared to Bridals by Sandra). I went back with my mother and a few friends. My mom wanted to see all the dresses I had tried on previously. I tried the first one Deb picked out again and I did love it and so did everyone else but the waist was still an issue and my mom didn’t like the David Tutera dress as much as she liked the first one. Then Deb said we could change the bottom of the dress that Casablanca allows picking a different skirt style! She measured and made it more A-line for me. I can tell you I was super worried ordering the dress and not knowing if I would like the change to the skirt! It came in and it was PERFECT! Deb did an amazing job the skirt was the perfect style for me and it was flawless! You would never know we changed the skirt style!!! Then with the alterations my dress fit perfect and did not go anywhere my whole day! I didn’t want to be tugging it up all night! I didn’t touch the top to pull it up at all the whole day and night!! Thank you Deb Z for picking the PERFECT MOST GORGEOUS DRESS and the alterations woman for making my dress fit perfect!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After a day searching at tiny private boutiques and mass market options, my mom suggested a look at Bridals by Sandra, where she and several of my aunts had found their wedding gowns. At that point, I knew the design elements that were important to me (and looked good), and the sales staff at Bridals by Sandra were great at listening and making suggestions. It didn't take long--the second dress in was THE ONE. My seamstress did a fantastic job (even adding sleeves to the dress). There were some issues with scheduling, but when it came down to it they made it happen, each time. The dress was gorgeous, fit perfectly, and really made the day magical. Highly recommend!

3.6

Bridals by Sandra has a very decent selection of bridal gowns for many different designers. I attended for a Maggie Sottero trunk show, but didn't end up finding anything I liked in my price range. At this point, I had already been to Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelo as well as a little shop in Red Hill with no luck, so I was frustrated and down. The attendant could see this after trying at least 15 or so gowns, so she gave me a robe, and let me walk through the racks in their collection. (normally you tell them what style and price you are looking for, and they bring the gowns to you.) I found a few that were a couple hundred dollars above what I wanted to spend, but I was desperate. One of my last dresses was a David Tutera for Mon Cheri and I instantly fell in love with it. It still makes me cry just thinking about my dress. I didn't care the cost (I think it was $1,300 on sale), I wanted that dress. The attendant was very helpful, and she really tried everything she could to get me into a dress I loved. My real quarrel with this place comes in the fitting. When I showed up for my first fitting, my seamstress pulled the dress out of the bag, and said I hate working on this dress! No excitement for me or my day, or trying to get to know me, just right down to business and unpleasant business at that. She didn't try to make conversation with me or even try to be friendly. She was all business. And when she was finished, I felt I was secure, she took it off, and I was on my way $260 later. Then when I went for my next fitting, same thing, I put it on and she said nothing, didn't walk around and make sure I was 'in' it, or see if there was any places it could use something more, she just said what do you think, and walked away. Not to mention, she didn't even bustle my dress. She put safety pins in the back, cut some ribbon, drew a diagram, and that was my bustle. Forget that! Highly recommend the bridal staff, suggest taking it to get altered anywhere but there!

Tara
09/26/2014

I had an amazing experience finding my dream dress at Bridals by Sandra. Deb D. was my original consultant and she was perfect - she wasn't pushy and really listened to what I wanted. The fittings and scheduling were very flexible and everyone was always pleasant. I decided to get a veil at my first fitting and they were able to accommodate on short notice.

I did love the private dressing rooms!! They were able to accommodate a crew of bridesmaids and moms comfortably. You felt like you're visit was special and you weren't just another bride in a small poorly lit dressing rooms.

The only thing I didn't expect from this salon that is different than others is that you aren't able to see their stock of dresses. Your consultant pulls for you.

Kristina
09/20/2014
4.7

I loved my dress from Bridals by Sandra! I had Stacy when we went to pick out my dress and I am so glad I had her! I went in with some pictures of what I was looking for and she helped me find the perfect dress at a very reasonable price. She picked found dresses that fit my short petite frame and I looked just how I wanted on my big day! I also got my bridesmaids dresses there, my veil, my shoes, and both mothers' dresses. It was a one stop shop. The dresses came in on time they were in perfect condition and they even shipped my one bridesmaid dress to North Carolina for my one bridesmaid. They were very accommodating.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Extremely helpful and willing to work with all budgets. Deb D. found the dress of my dreams!

1.0

Great experience for my dress but horrible for my bridesmaids. Mixed feelings

Kelci
06/14/2014

Highly recommended!! The woman I had that helped me pick my dress new exactly what would work for me. I fell in love with the dress she brought up right away. Also my alternations and adding of the cap sleeves were amazing and could not have been more beautiful.

Rachel
05/24/2014
4.7

I got my wedding dress here along with my mom's and mother in law's dresses. They were very helpful and professional. I got an amazing dress and they made everything very easy. I also got my head piece and veil here. They were very patient with us.