Bridals by Sandra

Value
Flexibility
Private User
[Private]

Ordered my wedding dress and veil! 3rd shop I had been to but definitely the best local bridal shop! Very helpful and knowledgeable!

1.5

I have very few good things to say about Sandra's. I started my dress search here and found a gown I loved. However, I decided to sleep on it and when this became apparent the sales associate completely wrote me off. She was rude to my aunt who was with me and the appointment promptly ended. My mom called a few days later and spoke to a manager about this and there was no resolution. As a bride, I don't appreciate being treated like a dollar sign.
I also encountered difficulty with them when we ordered bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding. After specifically saying and repeating MANY times that we wanted the length of the dresses to be altered the dresses still came in with the wrong length. Sandra's offered to alter the dress free of charge but it didn't really help the 3 other girls who live in other parts of the country. Maybe get it right the first time?
Lastly, my mom bought her gown here for my recent wedding and the zipper had to be fixed because it was an off the rack purchase. So, they "fix" the zipper and when she put it on at home the eye hook immediately popped off. Another phone call and another trip out to Sandra's.
Sandra's has a wide selection of dresses (although you'd never know because you can't actually see the dresses) but take it from my experience this is not the place to purchase your gown. You are a dollar sign, not a bride. Unprofessional, bad service, rude...end of story.

Private User
Recently Married
2.2

I absolutely loved my dress and my consultant. However, the day of the wedding my veil had a hole in it. My bridesmaids tried to hide it from me; however, I saw and did panic a bit. That was a downfall for me. Other than that, the dresses are gorgeous and for the most part the consultants are nice, at least to the bride. I feel as if they somewhat look past the bridesmaids and MOB whom are just as important in my eyes.

JL
Recently Married

I found Bridals by Sandra because they sold David Tutera dresses and that is what I was originally looking at getting. I had no idea what I wanted style wise and I had no clue what would look good on my body type. They put me with Deb Z and she was AWESOME!! So friendly and comforting and she picked a bunch of styles for me try on keeping in mind my budget. The nice thing was that we were in a private room. So my friends and family could sit in the room behind a curtain while I changed and no other dress shoppers saw me and it was private changing which was really nice for a self-conscientious girl like me! The best is the first dress was one of her picks, I liked it but wasn’t crazy about the kind of dropped waist look (it was fitted down the biggest part of my ample hips) so originally I said no it. I tried on a bunch more, went to other places (which were horrid compared to Bridals by Sandra). I went back with my mother and a few friends. My mom wanted to see all the dresses I had tried on previously. I tried the first one Deb picked out again and I did love it and so did everyone else but the waist was still an issue and my mom didn’t like the David Tutera dress as much as she liked the first one. Then Deb said we could change the bottom of the dress that Casablanca allows picking a different skirt style! She measured and made it more A-line for me. I can tell you I was super worried ordering the dress and not knowing if I would like the change to the skirt! It came in and it was PERFECT! Deb did an amazing job the skirt was the perfect style for me and it was flawless! You would never know we changed the skirt style!!! Then with the alterations my dress fit perfect and did not go anywhere my whole day! I didn’t want to be tugging it up all night! I didn’t touch the top to pull it up at all the whole day and night!! Thank you Deb Z for picking the PERFECT MOST GORGEOUS DRESS and the alterations woman for making my dress fit perfect!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

After a day searching at tiny private boutiques and mass market options, my mom suggested a look at Bridals by Sandra, where she and several of my aunts had found their wedding gowns. At that point, I knew the design elements that were important to me (and looked good), and the sales staff at Bridals by Sandra were great at listening and making suggestions. It didn't take long--the second dress in was THE ONE. My seamstress did a fantastic job (even adding sleeves to the dress). There were some issues with scheduling, but when it came down to it they made it happen, each time. The dress was gorgeous, fit perfectly, and really made the day magical. Highly recommend!

3.6

Bridals by Sandra has a very decent selection of bridal gowns for many different designers. I attended for a Maggie Sottero trunk show, but didn't end up finding anything I liked in my price range. At this point, I had already been to Davids Bridal and Alfred Angelo as well as a little shop in Red Hill with no luck, so I was frustrated and down. The attendant could see this after trying at least 15 or so gowns, so she gave me a robe, and let me walk through the racks in their collection. (normally you tell them what style and price you are looking for, and they bring the gowns to you.) I found a few that were a couple hundred dollars above what I wanted to spend, but I was desperate. One of my last dresses was a David Tutera for Mon Cheri and I instantly fell in love with it. It still makes me cry just thinking about my dress. I didn't care the cost (I think it was $1,300 on sale), I wanted that dress. The attendant was very helpful, and she really tried everything she could to get me into a dress I loved. My real quarrel with this place comes in the fitting. When I showed up for my first fitting, my seamstress pulled the dress out of the bag, and said I hate working on this dress! No excitement for me or my day, or trying to get to know me, just right down to business and unpleasant business at that. She didn't try to make conversation with me or even try to be friendly. She was all business. And when she was finished, I felt I was secure, she took it off, and I was on my way $260 later. Then when I went for my next fitting, same thing, I put it on and she said nothing, didn't walk around and make sure I was 'in' it, or see if there was any places it could use something more, she just said what do you think, and walked away. Not to mention, she didn't even bustle my dress. She put safety pins in the back, cut some ribbon, drew a diagram, and that was my bustle. Forget that! Highly recommend the bridal staff, suggest taking it to get altered anywhere but there!

Tara
09/26/2014

I had an amazing experience finding my dream dress at Bridals by Sandra. Deb D. was my original consultant and she was perfect - she wasn't pushy and really listened to what I wanted. The fittings and scheduling were very flexible and everyone was always pleasant. I decided to get a veil at my first fitting and they were able to accommodate on short notice.

I did love the private dressing rooms!! They were able to accommodate a crew of bridesmaids and moms comfortably. You felt like you're visit was special and you weren't just another bride in a small poorly lit dressing rooms.

The only thing I didn't expect from this salon that is different than others is that you aren't able to see their stock of dresses. Your consultant pulls for you.

Kristina
09/20/2014
4.7

I loved my dress from Bridals by Sandra! I had Stacy when we went to pick out my dress and I am so glad I had her! I went in with some pictures of what I was looking for and she helped me find the perfect dress at a very reasonable price. She picked found dresses that fit my short petite frame and I looked just how I wanted on my big day! I also got my bridesmaids dresses there, my veil, my shoes, and both mothers' dresses. It was a one stop shop. The dresses came in on time they were in perfect condition and they even shipped my one bridesmaid dress to North Carolina for my one bridesmaid. They were very accommodating.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Extremely helpful and willing to work with all budgets. Deb D. found the dress of my dreams!

1.0

Great experience for my dress but horrible for my bridesmaids. Mixed feelings

Kelci
06/14/2014

Highly recommended!! The woman I had that helped me pick my dress new exactly what would work for me. I fell in love with the dress she brought up right away. Also my alternations and adding of the cap sleeves were amazing and could not have been more beautiful.

Rachel
05/24/2014
4.7

I got my wedding dress here along with my mom's and mother in law's dresses. They were very helpful and professional. I got an amazing dress and they made everything very easy. I also got my head piece and veil here. They were very patient with us.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Bridals by Sandra was nothing short of amazing. I went there first and found my dress right away but I didn't want to commit that quickly. So I went to other local bridal shops and that was a mistake. After going to Sandra's all the other bridal shops couldn't even compare. At Sandra's they are super friendly (even let you take pictures of yourself in the dress) and are great value. If you live in or near the Lehigh Valley I wouldn't even bother going anywhere else for a wedding gown.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

They had a wonderful selection and made it easy to find a beautiful dress for my wedding day!! My seamstress was AMAZING and really added a level of professionalism to the whole process.

Lauren
05/03/2014
2.8

I got my wedding dress and bridesmaid's dresses at Sandra's. The first time I went in, I had the best consultant who had clearly been in the business for a long time. She respected my budget and asked before she showed me a dress at or above my price range. Beyond being respectful and friendly, she was skilled at what she did; she knew what I wanted before I did! The first dress I tried on was the one I ultimately wore and it was absolutely stunning. They offer storage and press services up until the day of your wedding.

My complaints: 1. Their consultants on the phone frequently came across as brash and rude. 2. There is an air of snooty-ness...when I went back for the second time to confirm my dress choice, the second consultant I had was not very nice and when I told her my budget, she literally scoffed "well, there aren't going to be very many options with that..." even though I had tried at least 10 dresses on the previous visit. 3. They contract out for seamstresses, so getting alterations can be a challenge since certain seamstresses work certain days and you don't get a chance to meet them to choose who you are going to work with. Needless to say, I didn't have the best experience with my seamstress, but she got the job done. 4. The bridesmaid dresses that they had in stock were all size 10 or lower, so it is difficult to get a full picture if you have any girls above a size ten.

There is definitely room for improvement, but it is a beautiful store with some wonderful consultants and many options.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I was worried I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the wedding shopping experience until I found BBS. I didn't want to go to big box stores and stand out to have everyone look at me. My appointment was in June and I ordered my gown that day. The dressing rooms are spacious and private I felt like I was at home, professional staff and overall great business. I ordered a GORGEOUS Maggie Sottero gown. I had my first fitting 2 weeks ago and I lost 20 lbs because I am actively losing weight to be more healthy. Just so happens I'll look great in my dress too. Alterations appt went extremely well. Getting more excited to wear the dress of my dreams on the Big Day and I can thank BBS for allowing me to enjoy the whole DRESS experience!