Bridal Emporium

4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  4.5

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Love my dress, was so happy I found the color I did. Leslie is so awesome is so easy to work with, she made me feel very comfortable when trying on different styles.
Wedding: 2+ years ago
5.0/5.0
  • Value:  5.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Leslie helped us out so much with the bride's gown, bridesmaids dresses, and the rented tuxes for the men. Such a pleasure to work with her!!
Wedding: 12/18/2010
3.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Very helpful although a little hard to get ahold of at times.
Wedding: 06/21/2010
3.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0
In the end, Bridal Emporium delivered on the dress, and it was perfect in every way, but getting to that point was a hassle. The hours of the store are somewhat limiting and difficult for someone who works for a living to get there when they are open. The store rarely answers the phone. I ordered my dress with plenty of time, but it did not come in until a week and a half before the wedding. The most distressing aspect of doing business with this shop is the lack of communication. Luckily, once the dress came in, Leslie was able to do the fitting right away, have it altered that night, and final fitting the very next day. As stated previously, the end result was fantastic, but the entire process left a bad taste in my mouth. I get the feeling the shop doesn't care much about good customer service since repeat customers are probably not necessary in this line of work.
Wedding: 03/13/2010
0.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  1.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0
After reading the previous reviews, I wish I would have looked at this site before going through Bridal Emporium for my Bridesmaids dresses. I ordered my gown from there and the staff was great, however I did feel rushed and pressured somewhat into buying a dress right then and there, but nonetheless I was very happy with my decision. I then ordered my bridesmaids dresses through them because of the discount and convinience of going through one place. Everything was ordered rushed delivery and was set. Two days before my wedding and the day of the rehearsal, the owner of the shop calls and says the dresses are stolen! Angered and confused I went to the store to find nothing I liked. The owner assured me however that she could make the dresses in the same style but not the same color. So instead I changed the color, chose the fabric and was told I would have dresses to me the next day. To make a long story short, it was the worst experience of my wedding have to deal with this and I would hate to have this done to anybody else. WARNING just be aware of the previous situations people have had with Bridal Emporium. I was truly dissapointed.
Wedding: 08/01/2009
4.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The ladies at the shop were very nice and helpful. They only problem that happened was that the day before my wedding they called to tell me my veil had not come in. I had ordered the veil four months before my wedding. I had called the week before my wedding to check on the veil and they said not to worry it would be in the Saturday before my wedding. They called and told me that the vendor did not make that veil any more and that is why I wouldn't be getting it. I was very upset because they could have told me this four months ago. However, they did do their best to fix the problem. They managed to get me a similar veil and they delivered it to my home. I was still upset because it was not exactly what I wanted, but they did their best to fix it.
Wedding: 03/17/2009
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My dress was beautiful and this is where I found it, but it wasn't my favorite wedding dress store. It's pretty small and cramped but they do have beautiful dresses if you're willing to search.
Wedding: 10/12/2008
4.6/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
The lady here was absolutely wonderful. The first dress she picked out after I told her what I wanted was perfect. I tried it on and absolutely loved it. My wedding was in three days and she made the needed alterations in that time. I recieved tons of compliments.
Wedding: 10/09/2008
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  0.0
I used Bridal Emporium to purchase my bridesmaids' dresses. The service was atrocious. At first, I tried on wedding dresses there, and Millie, an employee, pretty much tossed me in the changing room with the dress. She did not provide actual service. When I returned later, her attitude soured when she discovered that I wouldn't be buying my dress there, just the bridesmaids' dresses. They also made my bridesmaids feel fat, shouting stuff out in the store like, "She's a 16--plus size!"

They said my dresses would arrive end of April or beginning of May, but they didn't put my order in on time, so the dresses didn't arrive until a week before my wedding. They blamed me arguing that I was mistaken about the time they told me. As I was angrily leaving their store, another bride shared that her wedding was in 9 days, and her dress hadn't even arrived, despite her having rush ordered it. My aunty also went there to get her dress altered. They did such a shoddy job she had to go back 4 times.

This is a terrible vendor. I don't know how they've stayed in business for 20 years! Just good at swindling people I guess.
Wedding: 06/15/2008
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Helpful staff...fast turnaround. Nice selection. Store was a little small. Hard to find parking available.
Wedding: 08/22/2007
4.2/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
This is the one area of my wedding that became the disaster area. I ordered my wedding dress, bridesmaids dresses and tuxedos from this shop. They were great in the beginning and ordered them all at least six months prior to ensure that they would arrive. Well, my dress did within four months, my bridesmaids dresses didn't.

There was a major communication breakdown between the manufacturer and the shop, but needless to say, I kept being told that my dresses would be in the following week. This is up to the week of the wedding. My girls still needed to be fitted! My dresses didn't come in till the day before my wedding. By then, the owner simply gave me some dresses that were in stock. Luckily in the same color. They turned out to by beautiful and worked out perfectly.

Even though the situation could have turned out really badly, the owner to ownership of the situation and found a solution.
Wedding: 06/09/2007
3.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.0
  • Professionalism:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  3.5
Bridal Emporium was OK. I thought their people were nice, better than some of the other dress places in town, but not the best either. I ordered from them because the dress I wanted could only be ordered by certain stores in town, and they were the best out of those (The place I really didn't like was Princess Bridal on Kapiolani). The dress came in on time but was slightly wrong. I got the right color and size and all = but was supposed to get silver embellishments, but ended up with white. They said they ordered the right one but the company sent the wrong one. It was too late to get another one, plus it was a discontinued style so the company wouldn't even be making anymore. Since it wasn't a huge difference, I was ok with it and they gave me an extra discount. Instead of the 20% I originally got off the list price, they gave me 50% off the list price. So I thought this was reasonable compromise. Everything else went smoothly and I loved my dress so all in all - I would say if you find a dress you like there, buy it there.
Wedding: 08/05/2006