Bridal Bliss

Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Recently Married

Very helpful, extremely professional, the best of the best.

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your review!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Bridal Bliss is simply the best. A wedding is a huge and expensive undertaking, both in importance to the family, and in financial and emotional impact. Every bride and groom (and mother of the bride!) wants the day to be perfect and flow smoothly. Bridal Bliss knows this and works tirelessly to handle every detail so that the bride and groom's special day is absolutely flawless. Nora's community connections and vendor relationships facilitate choices among the best in the city. Bridal Bliss handles reservations, contracts, down payments, invitations, menu, music, and thousands of details, assisting with virtually every aspect of the wedding. Throughout the planning process, Nora stayed on top of multiple minutia and timelines, never hesitating to call and confirm something; always available to answer any question we might have. When the big day arrived, the bridal party was calm, knowing Nora was on site, organized, and in charge.
This is the second time we have used Bridal Bliss, and she is two for two! She is amazing! It was important to me, as mother of the bride, to be able to enjoy the day, and not worry about a vendor who might be late, or whether a particular detail was exactly right. I knew the day would be perfect, and that I could relax and savor every moment. My husband, also, commented on the fact that everyone was enjoying themselves, and truly celebrating the day.
Nora guided us through the entire wedding process; she was never flustered, upset or impatient. She is full of helpful ideas, an expert on etiquette, and a very wise sounding board in dealing with any dilemma that arises.
It is a great privilege to work with someone as accomplished as Nora. Her company, Bridal Bliss, and her staff, have my wholehearted endorsement in every category. I recommend Bridal Bliss to every bride-to-be that I know!
---Leslie Workman

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Wow--this may be one of the best reviews we have ever received! THANK YOU! What a pleasure working with you and your family. Cannot hardly wait until the next one!

1+ year ago

My daughter and son in law were married in Portland, Oregon in August, 2014 and we selected Katy from Bridal Bliss to provide the full spectrum of wedding planning services a year before the big day. It was absolutely the best decision we made. On the first day we met, we were impressed with Katy's extensive knowledge of vendors and venues in the Portland area, and she had so many ideas and pictures to show us options when we were describing our vision for the ceremony and reception. She helped us every step of the way, recommending vendors and helping to arrange appointments. She was such a good soundboard for ideas, and it was reassuring to have her there at each appointment. I live in California, and I was able to relax and know that Katy was there to help my daughter meet with vendors and make decisions when I couldn't be there in person. She was dedicated to making the day exactly what the bride and groom envisioned. She was also able to negotiate lower rates for services than I would have been quoted, and she provided great suggestions for economical options to stay on budget. She kept track of everything that needed to be done throughout the year so that there was no rushing or stress as we approached the wedding day. Katy made sure that everything was taken care of, and during the wedding weekend, I was able to entertain family and enjoy preparing for the big day with the rest of the wedding party. The day of the event, Katy was like a family member (only better!), coordinating the timing and making sure that all the details went off as planned. The end result was a beautiful, personal wedding and celebration with happy and relaxed family and guests. It was a joy to work with Katy and Bridal Bliss, and I highly recommend their services!

Precious
08/16/2014

As a traveling band that plays at a lot of weddings we've never met a more professional and fun crew than Bridal Bliss! Nora and her team are off the charts! We highly recommend them for all things wedding, you will not regret your decision to utilize their talent, eye, and skill!

All the best,

The Precious Byrd boys (preciousbyrd.com)

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much!! We absolutely loved working with you--can't wait for the next event!

1+ year ago

We decided to a wedding planner because my daughter was in another city than the wedding. Bridal Bliss had great reviews from publications and friends. They were so helpful at every step of the way. It made the wedding experience so much fun. We could really enjoy the process instead of being stressed out. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has an upcoming wedding-in fact i have!

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks for the great review! So glad we were able to help!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

There are so many great things to say about Nora and her company...where to begin...

Nora was able to take my daughter's wishes and dreams, for her wedding, and turn them into an amazing reality. Each detail was given her loving and thoughtful attention. Nora is never flustered, overwhelmed or impatient. She is the ultimate "we can do this" woman. You cannot imagine the gift she turned out to be. Every recommendation, from Zest Flowers to the Precious Byrd Band, was flawless. She has fabulous connections in Portland. Better yet, she handles all of the vendor contacts and budget matters. Nora kept us on track during the entire process.

During the wedding, our guests asked me how I managed to stay so calm and in the moment. There is only one reason. Nora. She made this momentous event absolutely incredible. I have never met anyone so capable. Our family recommends Bridal Bliss without reservation.

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thank you so much for your review, Debbie! We absolutely loved working with you and your family and the photos are absolutely stunning!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Bridal Bliss was a huge part of my wedding day! From the months of emails and phone calls to help me confirm the best vendors, to managing the day & setting up the reception I could NOT have done it with out them. My personal planner, Natalia, was the epitome of a professional, organized & experienced wedding planner. She and I continue to be great friends. I truly trusted her with every decision. She also kept me calm when those bride jitters got in the way. Not only was the wedding planning/management amazing- the dessert bar was FABULOUS... spendy- but worth every penny.

My wedding was everything I could have dreamed it could be, and I owe a lot of that to Natalia and the Bridal Bliss team. THANK YOU. xoxo

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

So glad you were so happy with our services, Courtney! Your wedding was a fabulous affair, we were thrilled to be a part of it!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

If you are a budget-conscious bride like I was, you may be a little worried about fitting a planner into your expenses. You may even be thinking, "Do I really need a planner?" Take it from me: not only are the Bridal Bliss prices unbelievable considering the service your receive, I think it was the single most important purchase I made for the wedding! We chose the partial planning service and honestly, we got so much attention & help I can't even imagine what full-service entails! If you are doing any DIY for the wedding, I cannot recommend a planner enough: they were able to set up all of my DIY decorations, centerpieces, etc exactly as I envisioned them, instead of me having to ask my family and friends to do it. We were truly able to enjoy every minute of our wedding day, which you are supposed to do! Every staff member I worked with at Bridal Bliss was knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Our planner, Kirsten Smrtka, was incredibly skilled, creative, efficient and truly a fun and funny person. I didn't feel like her enthusiasm for our wedding was forced; it was like I was planning with a good friend. Kirsten did it all: suggesting vendors (that often gave us great discounts) helping us negotiate with vendors/contracts that were confusing or incomplete, keeping us on budget, providing/updating a fantastic checklist and wedding timeline and basically managing every single tiny detail of our wedding day. There were SO many times that Kirsten would say, "What about this?" and my husband and I would realize we had completely forgotten about a very crucial detail. Our entire bridal party, family and so many of our guests told us throughout the night how fantastic Kirsten was and how impressed they were with how she and her staff kept things running so smoothly. She was our miracle worker and I'm so glad we had her coordinate our wedding. Bridal Bliss is truly a wedding vendor that deserves 5 stars …wonderful service & people!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I reached out to Bridal Bliss for day of coordination/planning for my 2 day wedding. I heard back from Nora right away, and she set up a phone consultation with me. From the start, Bridal Bliss was super professional, organized, friendly, and enthusiastic! Jennifer was my event coordinator, and I absolutely loved her. She is so warm, caring, thoughtful, and CALM! She is so extremely sweet and has a way of making you feel so relaxed and happy. She met with me prior to my wedding, and we hashed out all the details together. She even took all the decor/signs/etc with her so I wouldn't have to worry about taking it (day 1 of my wedding was at Portland Art Museum, day 2 was at the Skamania Lodge). There were many, many small and personalized details to my wedding, and Jennifer executed them perfectly. I was oblivious to any small hiccups that came up on either day because she simply took care of them and wanted me to be my most relaxed and happy self. She coordinated my very large wedding party (I had 10 bridesmaids) at our rehearsal outside at Skamania extremely well, so well that I found myself simply enjoying the view outside at the Gorge while she orchestrated the whole thing. She touched base with all of our vendors and made sure everyone was on track and ready to go at every step. I'm so, so glad we hired Bridal Bliss, and I HIGHLY recommend Nora, Jennifer, and the rest of their team for a wedding or any other special event. They are absolutely fantastic at what they do, and I cannot imagine what I would have done without them. Jennifer and Nora are total sweethearts!

1+ year ago

We recently used Bridal Bliss for assistance with day of planning for our wedding. I had no idea how much help and experience they would bring, but we truly could not have had such an amazing event without them. Meghan, who was our coordinator, not only helped with the day of, but also the entire week leading up to the event. She coordinated with vendors, plus handled the decorations so that we could relax and enjoy our wedding week. In addition to this, she met with us several times over the 6 months leading up to our wedding in order to gather all the information we had pulled together. She provided recommendations or info on things that we hadn't yet thought of and truly worked to get an understanding for the type of wedding we were looking for. She really went above an beyond for us. When the day arrived, she came armed with a handful of assistants to help handle all the various components and make sure the day went off without a hitch.

Bridal Bliss provides honest, trustworthy, and experienced wedding coordinators that are no strangers to the wedding business. In my opinion it is the absolute best money you can spend when it comes to investing in your day.

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us! So glad you were happy--best wishes!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Natalia was an absolute life saver! She is unbelievably organized, professional and a joy to work with. She is spot on with details and coordination of vendors. She made my daughters wedding day the perfect day that every little girl dreams of. Thank you so much! The day was perfect!!!

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your review, Trudi! So glad we were able to make your daughter's wedding planning such a great experience.

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I hired Bridal Bliss for day of coordination. Meghan O'Brien was my go to gal, and she was nothing short of AMAZING! She helped me find incredible, spot-on vendors, and made sure I was sticking to my time schedule throughout the planning process. For the day of, she made sure everything went incredibly smoothly. Everything went off without a hitch. I could not have done this without Meghan. I highly, highly recommend the Bridal Bliss Team.

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks Annie! We loved being a part of your wedding!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

Our wedding was like any other, perfect with a few hiccups. Portland traffic caused one of our buses to run an hour late from the hotel to the wedding. My husband and I chose not to see each other before the ceremony, so we were dressed up in separate cabins waiting to start.
Elizabeth (our saving grace!) spoke to all of the vendors to make sure we could extend the wedding an hour later without cost and brought us food and wine to pass the time. She checked in often and kept us updated on the buses location and how the guests were doing. Cocktail hour was moved to before the wedding (our poor hungry guests were fed) and the changed time made for a more comfortable wedding (a very hot day). Elizabeth handled all of this without bringing any of the stress to our attention. She was positive and I didn't even think about all of the work that went into moving the wedding time until the day after our ceremony.
Elizabeth made our wedding unforgettable, not only with handling the late bus, but with all of the focus she put into every aspect of our day. She let me ship all of the signs and details directly to her office (I was an out of town bride) and met with all of the vendors with and without me to ensure our day was perfect. My parents were hesitant to spend the money on a wedding coordinator, but by the end of our wedding I think they would have paid double. I can't emphasize how important it is to have help, not only for the bride and groom, but for both families.

I highly recommend both Elizabeth and Bridal Bliss.

1+ year ago

Bridal Bliss did a fabulous job for our wedding! The day went very smooth and Meghan was on top of everything!

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your review--so glad you were happy with our services!

1+ year ago

Bridal Bliss is amazing. I work in events, planning product launches for a large world-wide tech company, so I have high expectations and pay close attention to detail. After working closely with Bridal Bliss, I must say that I would recommend these ladies to absolutely anyone. They are lovely to work with, on-top of every detail, timely, creative and just all-around fabulous.

This will be the best money that you spend on your wedding - it's peace of mind, comfort and support. You will love them!

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thank you for your great review! So glad you were happy with the service that Kirsten provided!

Services Used: Wedding Planning

I had not originally planned on hiring a wedding planner. Like everyone, I was trying to find a few places to save money and adding an optional cost to the mix seemed crazy. That being said, we wanted to enjoy our wedding day (and week) and take the stress off of us and also our family. It was the BEST decision ever. Cut budget from flowers, decor or the champagne toast and invest in peace of mind, particularly Bridal Bliss if you are in the Northwest. Through my research of planners, you really get what you pay for.

Everyone says that it's not a matter of 'if' something goes wrong, but 'what' goes wrong and I'm not kidding when I saw that absolutely nothing went wrong. Meghan O'Brien was our coordinator. She was such a pleasure to work with and was the ideal mix of sweet, yet 'in charge' when she needed to be. There wasn't a single question she couldn't answer or a detail that she hadn't thought of. Furthermore, she helped out with set-up, early take down and a few other errands, even though physical labor was not part of the agreement whatsoever. You could tell she wanted to do everything she could to ensure a perfect execution.

When you have the best people running the show, it's not on you to remember all the little things and you actually get a much higher ROI out of the big investment knowing that you spent all that money for a flawless experience you'll never forget vs. spending 5% less going at it alone and having a few things go wrong that you beat yourself up over or that will bug you for years to come.

Highly recommend!!!

Bridal Bliss responded with the following comments:

Thanks so much for your review, Merrin! So glad Meghan was able to make the day so fun for you. Congrats!