Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn

Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn

Make your wedding a historic event at Briar Patch.

23130 Briar Patch Lane
Value:
(4.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding this past weekend, and I do not have enough wonderful things to say about the location. Henriette Buell was our gem, without a doubt. She not only works at the Bed and Breakfast, but also acted as my wedding planner, florist, and therapist. The location is very flexible with opportunities to save. We had our wedding Thanksgiving weekend, which allowed us to use all of the rooms from Wednesday to Sunday. Along with Henriette's help, it was a relaxed and well organized week!

We also used Six Star Catering, Mike Bell from MrDeeJay, Amie Otto Photography, and Dolche Film Studios, and First Impressions Salon as our other vendors. They were all incredible and worked well as a team. It was an excellent combination! We had an indoor wedding with shuttles to the nearby Hampton Inn, which allowed for a safe and easy wedding.

Aside from the onsite amenities, the owners are incredibly kind and flexible. The staff was always friendly, the breakfast was incredible, and I felt supported throughout the whole week!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very easy to work with and beautiful facility!

Services Used: Rehearsal Dinner Location
K&K Wedding
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Briar Patch was a wonderful venue for our wedding! It is a gorgeous location and you can hold your ceremony anywhere on their property. They are very flexible and responsive. I was able to visit multiple times leading up to the wedding as I was planning. They helped with logistics on the day of. We had our ceremony at the top of the hill and one of the staff members drove the bridal party from the cottage where we were getting ready up to the ceremony site. They also started our music for us: at the ceremony site as guests arrived and in the cocktail area afterwards. We did have a bit an issue with stinkbugs in our guests' rooms. They were everywhere! All over the inn and the cottage. But the staff went out to get extra bug spray and tried to stay on top of the situation.

It was great to have the place for the weekend and to have our friends and family staying with us at the inn. It helped to majorly reduce my stress-level. :)

Also the breakfasts were delicious!

• Flexibility: 5.0

THE BRIAR PATCH WAS BEAUTIFUL! THE WHOLE STAFF WAS NICE AND DID EVERYTHING TO MAKE OUR DAY SPECIAL! THE PRICES ARE GREAT AND THE ROOMS ARE CUTE! WE ALSO GOT SERVED AN AMAZING BREAKFAST THE NEXT DAY!

• Wedding: 08/31/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wow, Briar Patch B&B was completely and utterly perfect, and surpassed every expectation that my husband and I had. It was not only the best day of our lives, but the best weekend too. We feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to celebrate our wedding at BP.

Dan & Ellen were the first wedding vendors to make me feel like a normal person. When we toured BP, I felt like I had left the B.S. of the wedding industry and found a place that truly supported the real meaning of a wedding. The vibe was casual but professional, the setting was stunning and understated, and dogs and cats roamed the property. And the price was perfect. I could not believe that the cost included use of all of the space AND all of the rooms.

During the year of our engagement, BP was so helpful and responsive. Stupid questions were immediately answered with patience and enthusiasm, and impromptu visits during the week were always welcomed. The staff consistently went out of the way to help me and Sean feel comfortable and excited.

The weekend was everything we wanted. Friends & family joined us on Friday for a fun day by the pool, followed by a Welcome Dinner, which ended up being 150 of our guests! It was a relaxed BBQ on the front lawn.

On Saturday morning we shared breakfast (you get to start each morning with an AMAZING home-cooked meal!) and got ready in the cottage. Our ceremony was on a hill towards the back of the property, which was perfectly serene and beautiful. Our cocktail hour was in the Silver & Bronze Fox Rooms, and then the doors opened to the Gold Fox Room. We had so many people tell us how much FUN they had at our wedding, and I thank Briar Patch for so much of that. The setting was homey and comfortable that we felt so relaxed by Saturday, and the wedding was as if were just welcoming these 200 guests into our own home.

Our friend made a video that shows the fun weekend! Just watch and see what you could have! http://youtu.be/IBsNr9hf008

• Wedding: 07/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I absolutely loved Briar Patch. We rented the place out for the weekend and had a quasi destination wedding from DC. The property is beautiful and every person associated with the Briar Patch was helpful and kind. They answered every e-mail and phone call promptly and professionally and had no problems with my multitude of questions. I can't say enough about the delicious breakfast, how gorgeous the converted carriage house was as our reception venue, or how amazing it was to spend the weekend there. My husband and I can't wait to go back for a future anniversary, and I cannot speak highly enough about how fabulous the Briar Patch was.

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
Emily
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Briar Patch was such a beautiful place to get married. My husband and I had the best day and the staff was amazing. We also hired Henriette as our wedding planner and she did an amazing job. After most of the guests had left we were able to continue our party into the night hanging out by the pool. Even the breakfast the next morning was delicious.

• Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Briar Patch - it made for a wonderful wedding weekend and we got many compliments from our guests. The owners and staff were easy to work with and very upfront with costs/what was included. They easily worked with all of our vendors, and were extremely flexible with additional requests like dropping items off early and having several walk-throughs of the space for engagement photos and vendors.

We highly recommend them and only wish we could do it all again!

• Wedding: 04/19/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot speak highly enough of the Briar Patch!

When my husband and I began the wedding venue search, I had my heart set on Middleburg, VA. To us, it is an oasis - a quaint and beautiful town, just past the everyday hustle bustle of Northern Virginia we are all too familiar with. The Briar Patch was the first (and only) venue we toured, as I fell in love immediately! The Fox Den was the perfect combination of elegant and relaxed, and the grounds of the B&B were absolutely charming.

When our wedding weekend approached, I was blown away by how responsive, attentive, and accommodating the Briar Patch team was to my husband, myself, and our out of town guests. The owners and the managers exceeded all expectations, and the grounds proved to be even more idyllic than I had remembered. Having the Briar Patch from Friday - Sunday was absolutely amazing. We were able to host our rehearsal dinner on Friday, set up all DIY details well in advance, and have the main event on Saturday - all of which allowed my husband and I to truly relish each and every perfect moment of our wedding weekend.

The venue itself is reason enough to choose the Briar Patch for your wedding - gorgeous chandeliers, exposed beams, high ceilings, the works! Yet what really set the Briar Patch apart was the incredible amount of love, care, and affection each and every member of the Briar Patch team gave to our guests and our event. You can tell that they derive absolute joy from what they do, and it makes the world of a difference. Our wedding was utterly perfect, and we cannot wait to return for our one year anniversary!

• Wedding: 01/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely loved what Briar Patch had to offer for our wedding. Their team is great to work with. They are responsive and accommodating. The event site was beautiful, exactly how we wanted it set up. It was wonderful to be able to have our close family and friends stay the night with us so we could extend the celebration a little bit longer by having a delicious breakfast the next day. They even let us invite some extra guests not staying at the B&B for breakfast without charging them for the food. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We would definitely recommend Briar Patch for a wedding or just for a weekend getaway.

• Flexibility: 5.0

When my husband and I set out to plan our wedding, we knew that we didn't want the conventional wedding weekend. Instead, we wanted to put our own spin on things by keeping everything simple and relaxed in a beautiful outdoorsy setting with lots of family time. Briar Patch was the PERFECT solution to accomplish this goal! Instead of one long marathon wedding day, we split things up by holding an intimate family ceremony on Friday night instead of a rehearsal and dinner, followed by a big party on Saturday where we invited additional friends to join us! This was made possible because we had exclusive use of the property from Friday afternoon to lunch on Sunday. We had the freedom, flexibility, and tools to take things slow, enjoy the location, be together with friends and family, and do things our way.

The Briar Patch staff went out of their way to support this non-traditional format, and was a huge resource and supporter every step of the way. Leading up to our wedding, they answered each question in record time, provided vendor suggestions (we loved Helga's!!!), and chipped in tips and resources whenever possible.

The weekend of the event they welcomed us with open arms, remained on site to provide support, and hosted my family for a delicious breakfast each morning.

The Briar Patch B&B and Fox Den were the ideal setting to give us the fun, low-key, intimate, and BEAUTIFUL wedding we wanted, and Dan and Co. went above and beyond to make everything possible. We are so grateful that you were a part of our big day, and know that we will be celebrating anniversaries and milestones with you for years to come! Thanks for everything!

• Wedding: 12/28/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Briar patch was amazing they made everything so easy for our big day. The Inn and surrounding area was so beautiful. Also The staff was helpful and catered to our needs and with two families that could not have been a easy task. Not to mention the breakfast was awesome! For any future couples you will not be disappointed.

Thanks Katie and Greg

• Wedding: 09/01/2013

WE LOVED BRIAR PATCH!

What a beautiful, beautiful venue --- and what absolutely wonderful owners and staff. My husband and I truly had the wedding of our dreams out at Briar Patch and highly recommend it to all of the newly engaged couples out there. The bed and breakfast was absolutely great -- our wedding party was able to stay with us out in Middleburg the entire weekend, which made getting ready a blast! We were also able to celebrate out by the pool after the reception was over. We did our cocktail hour out in front of the house, which was gorgeous, and we're still hearing from guests about how beautiful everything was.

We want to leave a special note about Ellen and Dan, the owners of Briar Patch. They are truly lovely people and go out of their way to make guests feel welcome. They helped answer questions for us while we were in the planning process, were always happy to make recommendations --- and even offered to go out of their way to help us more than once. Briar Patch is wonderful on its own, but they took it to another level.

• Wedding: 08/31/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Everything was great. Venue is very flexible and worked with us on any request we had. Loved the staff and overall ambiance. Highly recommend!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
Amie
  • Flexibility: 5.0

The Briar Patch was such an amazing venue for our wedding at the end of July! It was wonderful to spend the weekend with both of our families and the bridal party at the beautiful Inn. We held the rehearsal dinner by the pool which was really fun! The ceremony was at the top of the driveway so our pictures have the gorgeous mountain backdrop. The reception at the Fox Den was elegant and perfect for our 130 guests. And, above all, the staff at the Briar Patch provided us with amazing service and were so kind leading up to our big day and for the whole weekend! I would highly recommend the Briar Patch to any engaged couple!

• Wedding: 07/20/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We just had our wedding at the Briar Patch, and everything went great. The scenery is beautiful. The staff is friendly and helpful. It was the perfect venue for hosting our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and a weekend in the country with friends and family. I highly recommend the Briar Patch to everyone.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
703-327-5911
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment