Brannan Entertainment

Value
Flexibility
Private User
Recently Married

He was really great to work with. We had some ideas for songs that we wanted and he was able to use that information to make the rest of the song list. He was very available the day of, checking in with us on several occasions, and even making sure we had time to eat dinner ourselves.

Services Used: DJ

We were fortunate enough to have many great vendors for our wedding, but Jay stood out from the pack. During our planning phase, we had met with 5 or 6 potential DJs that each had glowing reviews, but during our meetings we were vastly underwhelmed with the conversation and ideas presented. That wasn’t the case with Jay. From the moment we met him we could tell he had unique ideas and a tremendous amount of confidence and passion in what he does. Every meeting we had, we left feeling less stressed and much more comfortable with the plan for the evening. We had a few unique requests for the evening that Jay worked seamlessly into the order of events and he was quick to warn us of things he’d seen fail in the past, and then give us advice on a way to alter our idea to work more effectively. His ideas worked every time.

During the reception our dance floor was always full and there was never a dull moment. Each event throughout the night felt like it was transitioned into and out-of flawlessly and the “open dance” times in between were just the right length and had just the right blend of music to keep everyone amped and in a festive spirit. While it wasn’t his job at all, he also filled in as a reserve coordinator at times and helped us a few times throughout the night with things outside of the entertainment realm. His attitude and positive energy was infectious and rubbed off on everyone he interacted with throughout the evening.

We would highly recommend Jay for your event (especially wedding) with 100% confidence that you won’t be disappointed.

Paul
07/27/2014

Jay did an awesome job of playing the appropriate music at the right times. He kept the dance floor packed the entire time and is extremely easy to work with. He also does a very good job of assisting with keeping schedule of celebration items on point. I highly recommend him as a wedding DJ if you want to have a good time at your wedding.

Services Used: DJ

Jay was basically amazing at our wedding. He got a feel both for the kind of music my husband and I like, as well as what kind of music would appeal to our guests. The result was perfect! I LOVED the music played at the wedding and many guests also commented on it. We did not have much of a dancing crowd, but by the end of the night the dance floor was groovin' (yes, I just typed groovin'....).

There is so much more to do in a wedding than simplay play great music, and Jay was perfection at all of it. From music in the ceremony and reception, announcements, and staying on top of what was going on, to me our wedding day went by without any issues. In addition, Jay was very accomodating prior to the wedding date with driving to various locations to meet and make sure he knew what I wanted - I could tell he wanted my wedding to be as perfect and awesome as I wanted it to be, and it totally was.

Basically, if you have the opportunity to hire Jay as your wedding DJ, I highly recommend you do so! He is awesome and he definitely knows what he is doing.

Amber
05/25/2014

Jay was amazing!!!! Very talented, had great suggestions but also took our ideas and requests. Everyone at my wedding looooooved him.

Jamie
04/12/2014

If you're looking for someone who is professional, knowledgeable, talented and the best in his field, look no further then Jay Brannan. Jay makes it clear from the first meeting that this day is about the two of you (which is exactly what you want!), he takes his work seriously and it shows. I first heard about Jay when he played at my brother's wedding 6 (almost 7) years before, not only did he remember their wedding, but he knew them by name! At their wedding I remember how much fun it was, everyone (and when I say everyone, I mean it!) was up on their feet dancing and having the best time (we still talk about that night!). So, we really wanted the same for our day... needless to say Jay absolutely gave that to us! It was PERFECT! Jay listened to everything I had asked for and made the day totally about us! He even rolled with the punches when we nix over & over to relive that wonderful day!ed the cutting of the cake...we aren't super traditional & it totally worked for us not to have it. My only complaint is that I wish I could relive that day again and again :)

Liana
10/27/2013

Jay with Brannan Entertainment was amazing to work with and a godsend the day of our wedding! Leading up to the wedding, he answered all of our questions and even took the time to stop by our reception venue to see the layout in person since we were having a very intimate wedding and no dance floor. Since we were planning our wedding from out of state, Jay was very easy to communicate with and even offered great advice/tips when needed.

Another thing about Jay is that he is also ordained with the state of California. This actually came in handy for us when our original officiant passed out right in the middle of our ceremony! Amid all of the chaos and once the paramedics left, Jay readily stepped in and finished our ceremony!

Offering a great selection of music, my husband and I were extremely impressed with Jay's ability to read the room and gauge the overall mood. Even though my reception site did not have a designated dance floor, Jay's energy and music selection had our guests dancing between the tables!
I could not recommend Brannan Entertainment and Jay enough for future brides. I planned our wedding in about 5 months, but our DJ was one less thing for me to worry about after choosing Jay. And I will also add that having a backup officiant (especially someone like your DJ) is probably a good idea for your wedding day!

Ryan
08/24/2013

We couldn't be happier with Jay and Brannan Entertainment. Jay was also the DJ at both of my sister's weddings a few years ago. They were both extremely happy with him, and I was impressed with his ability to keep their party flowing. Just to be sure we covered all our bases, my wife and I contacted several other DJ's, but after meeting with Jay the choice was obvious. Unlike many of our other vendors(and many of the other DJs), Jay made us feel confident and at ease about our event every time we talked to him. He gave us great suggestions and answered all our questions using his wealth of wedding experiences and told many stories that made us laugh and put all our fears to rest. Jay went above and beyond during the planning process, answering many questions sometimes unrelated to DJing. During the event he was the first vendor to arrive, and was able to setup and be ready to go with plenty of time to spare even though our table rentals(including his table) were almost 45 minutes late! During the reception he kept the party flowing and dancing until the very last song! Many of our guests commented on what a fun evening they had with us which is exactly what we were shooting for. Jay responded well to the many changes that happened to our schedule, such as the food being half an hour late, and ensured the many heartfelt toasts were 'evenly spread' throughout the champagne toast period. Every time a guest requested an 'interesting' song or dance (such as polka?!) he unobtrusively found us and asked us if the request were acceptable. He managed to fit in all of our requests at a great time even though some of them were quite bizarre ("All I Want for Christmas Is You" during an August wedding?! (See his video on youtube to see how successful it was!)) and he filled the gaps with great music all night long. Honestly we couldn't have imagined a better DJ for our reception. Thanks so much Jay!

Private User
1+ year ago

Jay was the perfect DJ for our wedding. The playlist was customized to fit our music interests, and Jay kept everyone dancing throughout the night. Very professional, and highly recommended!

Reyna
05/25/2013

Jay was awesome! From the initial meeting to our wedding day, he was a pleasure to work with. Unlike most DJ services; Jay honored our song requests, and kept the party going! The best part was that our wedding music reflected who we are as a couple- not just the typical music you hear at every wedding. We even had a catering mishap that delayed our wedding over an hour- Jay managed to effortlessly keep things moving along smoothly and our guests had a blast.
I would recommend Jay to anyone and for any event! Thanks Jay!

Kyra
04/13/2013

We are still on a high from our wedding and DJ Jay played a HUGE part of our amazing day. From our first consultation meeting to the end of the wedding reception, Jay made us feel like we were his only clients. He was calm, but enthusiastic... attentive but had some amazing music recommendations. He made our night. Even the little touches in between songs was like icing on the cake. He came as a recommendation from a friend and we are so thrilled we went with our gut on this one.
Music and lighting for the day and night are such an important part of your decision and we hope he is able to bring the light and life to your wedding day that he did for us. Jay, we absolutely love you and the energy you bring... hopefully we get to experience you again soon!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

I loved working with Jay.
When I was first planning our wedding, I didn't want to hire a DJ at all, but as we got closer to our wedding date, I started getting really nervous about the dance party - I really wanted to make sure that our guests had a great time (and us too!). One of my best girlfriends had hired Jay for her wedding, and he was great, so when I decided to look into DJs, he was at the top of my list. (My girlfriend highly recommended him of course, too). Luckily Jay was available and in our price range, so it was easy to say yes to booking him. I had a phone chat with him as like an "interview" to make sure our musical ideas were cohesive, which they were, and then we mostly communicated via email. Jay is very responsive. The Wednesday before the wedding we had another long chat about the wedding day music from the first song of the pre-ceremony music to last song of the night. He met all of my music expectations, party needs and more! We had 130 or so guests to the wedding and at midnight we probably had 50 people still on the dance floor, which is exactly what I wanted. During the reception, he was also really communicative with me. For instance, we did the Hava Nagila, which is the traditional song where the guests put the bride and groom on chairs and hoist them into the air. A few songs before that started, Jay came over to me and said something like, just give me a look when you're ready to be put down. After about 30 seconds of being in the air, I literally looked over to him, and he moved to the next song! My husband and I safely descended! :) It seems like a small thing, but when you have an open bar at a wedding, it's things like this that, as the bride, you worry about going smoothly. And Jay's awareness of timing, flow, guest/bride/groom needs set me at ease.

Ronnie
01/19/2013

Jay words can't explain how thankful we are for the excellent job you did on our special day. Your expertise and professionalism keep people dancing all night. Thank you again and keep up the amazing work!!!!

Colleem
12/31/2012

Jay was a blast to work with. He was relaxed, fun and 'got it'. Made our NYE celebration memorable for all!

Natalie
11/03/2012

Jay is the real deal. He knows what he's doing. We lucked out by getting him. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He had the dance floor rockin all night. If your looking for a DJ, hire Jay, you won't be disappointed. If I ever need a DJ for anything else, he will be my first call. Thanks Jay for an amazingly fun and memorable wedding night!

Services Used: DJ

My husband and I actually had another DJ booked that fell through on us, before we met Jay, and I have to say it was fate. Even at our first meeting we knew right away Jay was going to be far better than anyone we had interviewed with before. He listened to our music choices, understood us, and had a whole wedding timeline written out and suggestions before we even left the table. He took the time to understand what we really wanted out of our day and helped guide us, as opposed to other DJ's who said they basically have the same mix for every occasion and to just "trust them." The day of the wedding, Jay knew exactly how to get our guests onto the floor, and even when we had a small hiccup during the reception that could have put a damper on the night, he knew how to bring the energy right back to the dance floor as if nothing had ever happened. Since the wedding I've received SO MANY compliments from our very picky friends and family who know a DJ can make or break a wedding. He knew the perfect mix of traditional and modern, served as a great and lively MC for our occasion, and really made the night. I couldn't have imagined the wedding without him! He made our evening.