Brandywine Manor House
Where Happily Ever Afters Begin!
120 Germany Hollow Road
Honey Brook, PA 19344  | map
Services: Bridal Shower, Ceremony, Engagement Party...
Catering: Outside vendors welcome

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Neil 5 Reviews

We just had our wedding ceremony at Brandywine Manor House on October 25, 2013 and we cannot say enough about the wonderful staff and venue. The grounds are extremely beautiful and made for a fantastic fall wedding.

Originally wanting to have our wedding outside, we were forced into the bridal barn because of wind and cool temperatures - but the barn made for such a beautiful ceremony! Then we braved the cold and took pictures outside - truly the best of both worlds.

The entire team, especially Nancy, was extremely accommodating and quick to answer emails and questions. A truly wonderful experience! Thanks Brandywine Manor House!
Wedding: 10/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When I got engaged in July 2012, I immediately started looking online for possible wedding venues near my hometown of Springfield, PA. My fiance and I knew we wanted to have an outdoor ceremony and we wanted to pick a place that was charming and different from the many country club weddings we had attended in the past. The Brandywine Manor House stood out to me right away in my search and we booked an appointment to meet with Nancy. The second we stepped out of the car and I looked around, I knew this was the place for us. Nancy was so friendly and gave us all the information and pricing up front. I fell in love even more once I looked at the reception tent and bridal suite. Everything was well maintained and beautiful. My family and I left to check out one more venue but I knew in my heart that the Brandywine was the place for our wedding and we called Nancy that afternoon to reserve our date for the following year. The year leading up to the wedding was stressful at times but Nancy was alway responsive when I sent her email. We also decided to hire the venue's wedding coordinator Aimee and she was so helpful and was able to see my vision and decorate the tent just as we wanted. The week of my wedding was rainy and miserable and I was so nervous we would not be able to have the ceremony outside but come our wedding day, the sun came out and the weather was perfect. We got married at the Glen location and our guests could not stop talking about how they felt as if they were sitting in an enchanted forest. The day was absolutely perfect and Aimee was always nearby to help with anything we needed. After the wedding, we kept getting calls and emails from our friends and family telling us how amazing everything was. I wish we could do it all again and I will definitely consider having a baby shower at the barn in a couple of years!
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Best day of our lives! We just got married on October 4, 2013 and had our cocktail hour and reception at BMH. The place is beautiful!!! When searching for a venue, we knew we wanted something a little different. Both of us have been to so many weddings which were in ballrooms at country clubs but we wanted a different look. BMH was perfect!!!! The ballroom is like a tent but so much better! The fabric draping, lighting, chairs and overall appearance make it seem so elegant. You get the feel of a ballroom but with the airy, outdoor feeling. A note on the lighting - it comes out so much brighter in pictures than it appears in person. We did purple and it looks awesome! We have received so many compliments on our big day especially regarding BMH. Nancy was so great and easy to work with! She is very responsive to both emails and phone calls and truly shares in your excitement on your big day. We had our ceremony at a church but the bridal party and family were able to arrive early for pictures which couldn't have been a better setting. The bathrooms and bridal suite are beautifully decorated as well as the barn for a rustic look. You can't go wrong having your big day here! I'm just waiting for our video so I can relive it all over again!!!!
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was so excited to find a place to be married at, such as the Brandywine Manor House! Not only is it the most beautiful venue I've ever been too, it was centrally located between Baltimore/Philadelphia/Reading areas, in which ourselves and our guests would be traveling. It was very convenient and made our guests happy to be able to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one location. The venue offers multiple sites for your occasion, including a newly constructed barn with new bridal/grooms suites. Nancy (the owner) is a joy to work with and genuinely cares about all her brides! She was very easy to reach throughout the planning and offered great advice. We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the location and grounds were for a wedding. You'd be silly to not choose this venue!
Brandywine Manor House responded with the following comments:
Thanks for your review Dana! It was a joy to work with you on your wedding day! Lots of emails went back and forth for sure....but it all the day as perfect as possible!! Enjoy each other!
Wedding: 09/14/2013

Casey 1 Reviews
Brandywine Manor reached all of my expectations and then some! I could not imagine my wedding day anywhere else! The venue is absolutely breath taking and our guest raved all night about how beautiful and intimate it was! Not only is the landscaping well maintained and gorgeous, but the tent and barn are out of this World. I would recommend every bride and groom to check out Brandywine Manor when looking for a venue in Chester County! There is nothing else like it. Every time I visited Beandywine Manor I was impressed, but the day of the wedding it felt extra magical there! Mrs. Eck is extremely helpful in every aspect of planning a wedding. It is obvious how long she has been in this business and is extremely professional! I am more than happy with my choice, and would 100% rexcomend it for future couples! I hope to one day have my future baby shower at the barn as well!!! Thank you for making my day the most amazing day of my life!!!
Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where do I begin! BMH was the first and only venue we looked at. We visited in December when the trees were barren and there was frost on the ground and even then we knew that this venue was a gem! Nancy was beyond accommodating to myself and my husband, as well as my parents who came with us to see the venue. She is very enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and quick to answer questions as well as give suggestions. The actual day of was beyond my perfect dreams, still to this day guests are talking about what a beautiful location and especially how the weather just accentuated the beauty of BMH. The tent makes you feel outdoors but with a formality that envelopes you during your event. Many people commented on the intimacy of the location and how that brought guests together to have one amazing time! I would recommend this venue again and again! Thank you Nancy and the BMH staff for helping is create our perfect day.
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have always loved anything that was wedding related. So, as you could expect, I was so excited when I got engaged last October in Disney World! I could finally start planning my very own dream wedding--my fairytale :)! The first thing I decided on was my date- I knew I definitely wanted to have it in August 2013. My next big decision was where I was going to have it. Having been born and raised in Chester County, I knew I wanted to have my wedding in this area. One day I was browsing the web and I came across Brandywine Manor House. The pictures looked perfect and the location was convenient for family and friends. I thought it was too good to be true! Immediately, I contacted Nancy (the owner) and scheduled a time to come tour the property. The landscaping and grounds were gorgeous! Then I saw the Bridal Room and Crown Ballroom- It was love at first sight! I knew right at that moment that this was the place I wanted to be married. It had everything that I have ever dreamed of and more. Our wedding was Saturday, August 24th, 2013. I chose the Garden Terrace for my ceremony site and had the Reception in the Crown Ballroom. I chose the purple lighting scheme and it made all the pictures turn out beautiful. The weather could not have been more perfect and Nancy helped me every step of the way- so on my wedding day I had absolutely nothing to worry about! Two months have passed and my friends and family are still raving about how beautiful it was! The staff at Brandywine Manor House truly care about their clients and went above and beyond! Nancy gave my husband and I a beautiful and unexpected gift that we use daily. I love Brandywine Manor and am so happy I chose to celebrate my big day there! I look forward to having another event there in the future!
Wedding: 08/24/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
We are SO happy with our choice of Brandywine Manor House for our wedding! From the beginning, Nancy and her staff were so amazing. The place is just gorgeous, and it didn't take long for us to decide that this was the perfect place for our wedding. Nancy is very knowledgeable and always willing to help us, including giving recommendations on vendors.

Prior to the ceremony, we used the new bride's and grooms' rooms in the bottom floor of the barn. They're very nice and are the perfect places for preparing for the ceremony. They have tons of outlets and plenty of space for getting ready pictures. My girls and I had so much fun in the hours leading up to the ceremony!

We chose to have our ceremony in the new Manor Barn. We had a rustic but elegant theme, and the barn suited it perfectly. There are twinkle lights already in the barn, and it just made such a beautiful impact. To be honest, the barn itself is so gorgeous that you can go a little lighter on decorating (which was helpful to our budget!) We just had some baby's breath wreaths and some wooden accents - and that was it! Having our ceremony in the barn created such an intimate atmosphere for us to become husband and wife. It was so romantic and exactly what I'd envisioned.

We had our reception in the Ballroom tent. We chose to include the uplighting package with the starlights. We also had our japanese lanterns changed to include our theme colors. 100% worth the money! All the colors looked awesome, especially in the pictures. The whole night, Nancy's staff attended to maintaining the venue. At the end of the night, the staff was there for us to ask questions to regarding packing up.

They also gave us a beautiful gift. It was very unexpected to receive a gift from the venue, and such a meaningful one at that.

The outside locations are beautiful, but we LOVED the barn. We would highly recommend Brandywine Manor House to those looking for a venue.
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My cousin got married at BMH in may of 2009, I was only 18 but I knew thats where I was going to get married as soon as I saw the property.
When I got engaged in July 2012 I immediately contacted BMH to book my day. Everything went amazing, and it was a beautiful day that could not have gone better!
Wedding: 06/22/2013

Gigi 1 Reviews
We just loved Brandywine Manor House! This was our first wedding. This is written from a "Mother of the Bride" perspective! Nancy and her family provided an excellent service and venue for our daughter's wedding! We loved the "Family" element and attitude of Brandywine Manor House. We were so very happy with the information and help Nancy provided us from the very begining! She is honest and professional. The week of our wedding event Nancy wa in contact with us often. She was asking us what we needed from her, reminding us of last minute details we may have forgotten otherwise. She was there on the day of the wedding checking in and making sure everything was in place and all other vendors had what they needed. She also took pictures! :) LOVED THEM!!! The Venue we saw grow more beautiful throughout the year of planning the wedding day events. The wedding sites are constantly being monitored and groomed. We picked "The Grove" with the waterfall. Such a romantic area. Out of the Sun and cool in June! The flowers that are in bloom around the facility in June made it easy for our florist, and easy on our wallet! :) The area is beautiful - Have I said that already?!?!? ") The web site and blogs were helpful for ideas and answered questions for us newbies. We have two more daughters and know that there will be a repeat event at Brandywine Manor House in our future!
Brandywine Manor House responded with the following comments:
Gigi - Thank you for the wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your family and be a part of your day! Hope the honeymooners are having a great time and you have had some time to relax as well! Please tell them to come back and visit. . . it is always memorable to visit and "walk the wedding walk". . . and it is always fun for me to see couples who have married here in the past! Have a great summer! :-) - Nancy
Wedding: 06/22/2013

Joann 1 Reviews
The wedding on Saturday was amazing. I cannot begin to tell you how many people were in awe of BMH. They used words like magical, amazing, breathtaking, and like a fairy tale. Having the ceremony in the barn was so very quaint and beautiful. With all the rain surrounding the weekend, the weather on Saturday could not have been more perfect for the cocktail hour and reception. People are still sending me emails about the fabulous time they had and how very special the evening was. Deb from Perfect Setting was absolutely amazing – she was hands on every step of the way and could not have been more thorough and efficient in making certain everything went smoothly.

Truly, truly a wonderful experience and one that we will be talking about forever.
Wedding: 06/08/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
I cannot say enough about this venue and Nancy. First off, it is one of the most beautiful places to be married in Pennsylvania and all of our guests were completely taken aback by its beauty. Nancy and her staff are absolutely amazing. Throughout the year I must have sent her hundreds of emails and every time she was pleasantly and promptly ready to respond and help out.

I am a Project Manager in my full-time job, and am definitely a Type A bride :) That being said, I was so pleased and happy with how well-organized and ready to help Nancy and her staff were.

Overall the Brandywine Manor House really made our wedding dreams come true, and I will admit I set the bar pretty high. Thank you SO much Nancy and BMH for everything you did!
Brandywine Manor House responded with the following comments:
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement that spur me and our staff! I am so happy you said you "set the bar pretty high" . . . on your wedding day, the bar should be set high and EVERYTHING should be as nearly perfect as it can be this side of heaven! Thank you for choosing Brandywine Manor House and allowing us to be a part of your wedding day! :-) - Nancy

Private User 1 Reviews
Brandywine Manor House did an above and beyond amazing job with our wedding. The property itself is absolutely gorgeous and so well maintained. Everyone on the staff was so helpful and kind. Most importantly Nancy herself (the venue owner) is absolutely incredible throughout the whole wedding process. I must have sent her a million emails throughout the year and she is always so willing to help and give advice. Thank you BMH from the bottom of my heart for making our wedding more beautiful and joyous than we could have ever imagined!!
  • Flexibility:  5.0
BMH had the perfect location for the wedding we wanted. There were three sites to chose from and we decided to have our wedding at the waterfall (other locations: gazebo and pond). Lots of beautiful trees and bridges to cross & beautiful lush green grass everywhere. Nancy was very easy to work with & she responds to e-mails immediately. We even forgot a few things & went the day after the ceremony & she had everything waiting for us! Nancy invited us to come back any time we are in the area to just walk the grounds, reminisce, and have lunch, if we please. Lovely location & I cannot wait to visit on our 1-yr-anniversary. =)

We had an outside caterer, so cannot comment on catering through BMH.
Wedding: 10/14/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Can not say enough amazing things about this venue and working with Nancy. She was great from the start. My husband and I looked at a LOT of venues and it came down to two. I could not be more pleased with our choice of BMH. We had visited the venue three times prior to our wedding day, and nothing could have set me up for how truly amazing it all turned out on the day of!

Nancy gave us great recommendations for all our vendors and was so accommodating throughout the whole process. She worked so closely with my dad and I over the 15 months engagement period. She was FANTASTIC on the day of. She made sure everything ran smooth, made sure everyone had communicated with one another, and was completely reliable. She took fantastic photos that she shared with my husband and I, and gave us a beautiful gift.

BMH is an absolutely stunning venue. Your traditional, stuffy hotel ballrooms just cant compete!!! This place is original and beautiful. The property is open, well taken care of, and the room itself is stunning. I absolutely recommend this venue, over and over. We got TONS of feedback from our guests, and everyone raved about the room and the venue itself. I will say, although the pictures are beautiful, it does NOT do the place enough justice.

Some people are overwhelmed by venues that don't include other services, but my husband and I had a great time choosing our catering company and other vendors. Also, Nancy has a lot of great partnerships with vendors, and really helped us out. Her feedback was honest, and she was really great at matching our personalities with vendors we would work well with. GREAT PLACE!
Brandywine Manor House responded with the following comments:
THANK YOU for the wonderful review . . . .we sincerely appreciate it!! Also want to say what a pleasure it was to work with you during the planning process! I will never forget your Dad. . . a father who wanted to see to absolutely every last detail to insure a beautiful day from start to finish! Not every girl is blessed with -- not one -- but two wonderful men!! Congratulations once again and we pray you enjoy a long and happy marriage!!
Wedding: 10/06/2012

HANNAH 3 Reviews
The best outdoor wedding venue in Chester County. The guests would NOT stop talking about how wonderful this place is. And if you are from Chester County it is like a hidden gem. Nancy and her team are wonderful to work with and responde immediately to any and all questions. The space is huge and does not feel like a "tented" wedding at all!! Everything about this place is just perfect. I would very highly recommend this venue.
Wedding: 09/22/2012
 610-942-2200
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire