Brandywine Manor House
Where Happily Ever Afters Begin!
120 Germany Hollow Road

Flexibility:
 (4.8/5.0)

Sort By:

Private User 6 Reviews
Brandywine Manor House is truly a breathtaking venue with the most amazing staff. The Eck Family is professional, friendly, patient and truly care about making your wedding dreams come true. The acres of land you notice from the start, but the warm hearts of Nancy and Aimee truly make the experience one to remember. They communicate constantly with you and your vendors to ensure all goes smoothly. The bridal suite is truly amazing and and allows the bride, bridesmaids and mothers to rest comfortably while getting ready for the special day. Everywhere you turn at Brandywine Manor House is truly the perfect photo op, so it does not matter if you are posing or captured in a candid the surroundings are the best backdrop. Brandywine Manor House made us feel like home as we celebrated the best day of our lives. We will forever be grateful to the Nancy and Aimee for all they did to make our day extra special!
Wedding: Recently Married

Lisa 2 Reviews
BMH was the first and only place we visited for our wedding. I was blown away by the versatility of the property. We had our wedding outside in the Glen but there is also a lakeview and patio option. I was worried about sound during an outdoor wedding but the grounds are well equipped to handle speakers and all kinds of hookups and not a single guest had trouble hearing. The option of a barn from the 1700's was our indoor backup plan but hardly a backup plan at all! We ended up having our cocktail hour there to ensure we used it. The tent for our reception easily held 180plus people along with a ten piece band. We opted to hire Aimee as our on site wedding coordinator and were so glad we did. She calmly kept everything in check and had great suggestions for the day of being that she was also married there. The Eck family who own the property were extremely accommodating and even made an appearance the day of to ensure everything was running smoothly and wish us well. They work with a list of very reputable vendors which helped us narrow down our caterer (Williamson Caterer). Our guests had a blast and continue to tell us we could have charged them tickets to come it was such a great day. The grounds themselves are picture perfect with endless options for photos. My family stayed the night in the BMH bed and breakfast located upstairs in the farmhouse. This worked out great for my young niece and nephews who couldn't stay awake the entire wedding night. We had a babysitter up there waiting for them and my sister could easily check on them at anytime. We brought a lot of props for the day of and were allowed to clean them up the following morning which was another benefit to using the bed and breakfast. Thank you so much Brandywine Manor House, Aimee and the Eck's!!!!!!!!
Wedding: 06/14/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kati 2 Reviews
Brandywine Manor House was the absolute perfect venue for my wedding. I had a very specific vision in mind for my venue and as soon as I drove up to the venue I knew it was the one. Nancy was so professional and friendly to my husband and I. She was so easy to work with and also quick to reply to any questions I had. The grounds are meticulously kept and always look gorgeous. I can not begin to tell you how many compliments we had on our venue alone. Our guests were so impressed with everything about this place and are still talking about its beauty. Brandywine Manor allows you to use your creativity to make your wedding as unique and personalize as you want which was very important to me. This venue is a hidden gem and will not let you down on your special day.
Wedding: 06/06/2014

Nicole 3 Reviews
I cannot say ENOUGH about how perfect Brandywine Manor House was for our wedding! I fell in love with this venue years ago when I saw pictures of the owners daughters wedding that was held here (who just happens to be my moms coworker!) I always said this would be the venue where I would get married, and years later when I got engaged it was at the top on my list of places to visit. It was even more beautiful in person and we booked our date just a few days after our first site visit. Nancy and Aimee are such a joy to work with, they make wedding planning seem so easy. They are so laid back, down to earth, friendly and helpful. They were always available to answer questions and were extremely responsive to anything I needed. They love weddings and understand a brides vision, and will do everything they can to help you create your perfect day. Most brides stress about planning, but Nancy and Aimee are so kind and easy to work with, I actually enjoyed planning our wedding. The grounds at BMH are stunning! The landscape is the perfect backdrop for a memorable day. There are so many beautiful places for photos, and the uplighting in the Crown Ballroom is magical! We received so many compliments from our guests about the uniqueness and beauty of BMH. We got married in the Manor Barn and it was perfect. The exposed wood, coupled with the twinkle lights throughout the barn create such a romantic ambiance. Every part of this venue is more beautiful than the next! I would recommend BMH to every bride out there! Thank you Nancy and Aimee for making our wedding day so perfect!
Wedding: 05/30/2014
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Brandywine Manor House was the perfect venue for our wedding. Our guests have not stopped talking about the beauty of the setting and uniqueness of the venue. The barn made for the perfect rustic ceremony setting. The ballroom, complete with pale turquoise uplighting, was an elegant backdrop for the reception -- though the windows and open wall to the terrace were equally if not more beautiful since the property is quite the backdrop itself!

Nancy and Aimee were absolutely wonderful to work with. Aimee was our rehearsal and day of coordinator, and I'm pretty sure my parents would welcome her in the family with open arms! I emailed her with random questions throughout the planning process, and she was always quick and knowledgeable with her responses. Even my other vendors cited their knowledge and professionalism!

I can't say enough about how glad I am that we chose Brandywine Manor House... and I can't recommend it more strongly! Best wedding venue I've ever experienced!
Wedding: 05/23/2014
Services Used: Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Neil 5 Reviews

We just had our wedding ceremony at Brandywine Manor House on October 25, 2013 and we cannot say enough about the wonderful staff and venue. The grounds are extremely beautiful and made for a fantastic fall wedding.

Originally wanting to have our wedding outside, we were forced into the bridal barn because of wind and cool temperatures - but the barn made for such a beautiful ceremony! Then we braved the cold and took pictures outside - truly the best of both worlds.

The entire team, especially Nancy, was extremely accommodating and quick to answer emails and questions. A truly wonderful experience! Thanks Brandywine Manor House!
Wedding: 10/25/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When I got engaged in July 2012, I immediately started looking online for possible wedding venues near my hometown of Springfield, PA. My fiance and I knew we wanted to have an outdoor ceremony and we wanted to pick a place that was charming and different from the many country club weddings we had attended in the past. The Brandywine Manor House stood out to me right away in my search and we booked an appointment to meet with Nancy. The second we stepped out of the car and I looked around, I knew this was the place for us. Nancy was so friendly and gave us all the information and pricing up front. I fell in love even more once I looked at the reception tent and bridal suite. Everything was well maintained and beautiful. My family and I left to check out one more venue but I knew in my heart that the Brandywine was the place for our wedding and we called Nancy that afternoon to reserve our date for the following year. The year leading up to the wedding was stressful at times but Nancy was alway responsive when I sent her email. We also decided to hire the venue's wedding coordinator Aimee and she was so helpful and was able to see my vision and decorate the tent just as we wanted. The week of my wedding was rainy and miserable and I was so nervous we would not be able to have the ceremony outside but come our wedding day, the sun came out and the weather was perfect. We got married at the Glen location and our guests could not stop talking about how they felt as if they were sitting in an enchanted forest. The day was absolutely perfect and Aimee was always nearby to help with anything we needed. After the wedding, we kept getting calls and emails from our friends and family telling us how amazing everything was. I wish we could do it all again and I will definitely consider having a baby shower at the barn in a couple of years!
Wedding: 10/12/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Best day of our lives! We just got married on October 4, 2013 and had our cocktail hour and reception at BMH. The place is beautiful!!! When searching for a venue, we knew we wanted something a little different. Both of us have been to so many weddings which were in ballrooms at country clubs but we wanted a different look. BMH was perfect!!!! The ballroom is like a tent but so much better! The fabric draping, lighting, chairs and overall appearance make it seem so elegant. You get the feel of a ballroom but with the airy, outdoor feeling. A note on the lighting - it comes out so much brighter in pictures than it appears in person. We did purple and it looks awesome! We have received so many compliments on our big day especially regarding BMH. Nancy was so great and easy to work with! She is very responsive to both emails and phone calls and truly shares in your excitement on your big day. We had our ceremony at a church but the bridal party and family were able to arrive early for pictures which couldn't have been a better setting. The bathrooms and bridal suite are beautifully decorated as well as the barn for a rustic look. You can't go wrong having your big day here! I'm just waiting for our video so I can relive it all over again!!!!
Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I was so excited to find a place to be married at, such as the Brandywine Manor House! Not only is it the most beautiful venue I've ever been too, it was centrally located between Baltimore/Philadelphia/Reading areas, in which ourselves and our guests would be traveling. It was very convenient and made our guests happy to be able to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one location. The venue offers multiple sites for your occasion, including a newly constructed barn with new bridal/grooms suites. Nancy (the owner) is a joy to work with and genuinely cares about all her brides! She was very easy to reach throughout the planning and offered great advice. We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the location and grounds were for a wedding. You'd be silly to not choose this venue!
Brandywine Manor House responded with the following comments:
Thanks for your review Dana! It was a joy to work with you on your wedding day! Lots of emails went back and forth for sure....but it all the day as perfect as possible!! Enjoy each other!
Wedding: 09/14/2013

Casey 1 Reviews
Brandywine Manor reached all of my expectations and then some! I could not imagine my wedding day anywhere else! The venue is absolutely breath taking and our guest raved all night about how beautiful and intimate it was! Not only is the landscaping well maintained and gorgeous, but the tent and barn are out of this World. I would recommend every bride and groom to check out Brandywine Manor when looking for a venue in Chester County! There is nothing else like it. Every time I visited Beandywine Manor I was impressed, but the day of the wedding it felt extra magical there! Mrs. Eck is extremely helpful in every aspect of planning a wedding. It is obvious how long she has been in this business and is extremely professional! I am more than happy with my choice, and would 100% rexcomend it for future couples! I hope to one day have my future baby shower at the barn as well!!! Thank you for making my day the most amazing day of my life!!!
Wedding: 09/13/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Where do I begin! BMH was the first and only venue we looked at. We visited in December when the trees were barren and there was frost on the ground and even then we knew that this venue was a gem! Nancy was beyond accommodating to myself and my husband, as well as my parents who came with us to see the venue. She is very enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and quick to answer questions as well as give suggestions. The actual day of was beyond my perfect dreams, still to this day guests are talking about what a beautiful location and especially how the weather just accentuated the beauty of BMH. The tent makes you feel outdoors but with a formality that envelopes you during your event. Many people commented on the intimacy of the location and how that brought guests together to have one amazing time! I would recommend this venue again and again! Thank you Nancy and the BMH staff for helping is create our perfect day.
Wedding: 09/07/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I have always loved anything that was wedding related. So, as you could expect, I was so excited when I got engaged last October in Disney World! I could finally start planning my very own dream wedding--my fairytale :)! The first thing I decided on was my date- I knew I definitely wanted to have it in August 2013. My next big decision was where I was going to have it. Having been born and raised in Chester County, I knew I wanted to have my wedding in this area. One day I was browsing the web and I came across Brandywine Manor House. The pictures looked perfect and the location was convenient for family and friends. I thought it was too good to be true! Immediately, I contacted Nancy (the owner) and scheduled a time to come tour the property. The landscaping and grounds were gorgeous! Then I saw the Bridal Room and Crown Ballroom- It was love at first sight! I knew right at that moment that this was the place I wanted to be married. It had everything that I have ever dreamed of and more. Our wedding was Saturday, August 24th, 2013. I chose the Garden Terrace for my ceremony site and had the Reception in the Crown Ballroom. I chose the purple lighting scheme and it made all the pictures turn out beautiful. The weather could not have been more perfect and Nancy helped me every step of the way- so on my wedding day I had absolutely nothing to worry about! Two months have passed and my friends and family are still raving about how beautiful it was! The staff at Brandywine Manor House truly care about their clients and went above and beyond! Nancy gave my husband and I a beautiful and unexpected gift that we use daily. I love Brandywine Manor and am so happy I chose to celebrate my big day there! I look forward to having another event there in the future!
Wedding: 08/24/2013

Private User 1 Reviews
We are SO happy with our choice of Brandywine Manor House for our wedding! From the beginning, Nancy and her staff were so amazing. The place is just gorgeous, and it didn't take long for us to decide that this was the perfect place for our wedding. Nancy is very knowledgeable and always willing to help us, including giving recommendations on vendors.

Prior to the ceremony, we used the new bride's and grooms' rooms in the bottom floor of the barn. They're very nice and are the perfect places for preparing for the ceremony. They have tons of outlets and plenty of space for getting ready pictures. My girls and I had so much fun in the hours leading up to the ceremony!

We chose to have our ceremony in the new Manor Barn. We had a rustic but elegant theme, and the barn suited it perfectly. There are twinkle lights already in the barn, and it just made such a beautiful impact. To be honest, the barn itself is so gorgeous that you can go a little lighter on decorating (which was helpful to our budget!) We just had some baby's breath wreaths and some wooden accents - and that was it! Having our ceremony in the barn created such an intimate atmosphere for us to become husband and wife. It was so romantic and exactly what I'd envisioned.

We had our reception in the Ballroom tent. We chose to include the uplighting package with the starlights. We also had our japanese lanterns changed to include our theme colors. 100% worth the money! All the colors looked awesome, especially in the pictures. The whole night, Nancy's staff attended to maintaining the venue. At the end of the night, the staff was there for us to ask questions to regarding packing up.

They also gave us a beautiful gift. It was very unexpected to receive a gift from the venue, and such a meaningful one at that.

The outside locations are beautiful, but we LOVED the barn. We would highly recommend Brandywine Manor House to those looking for a venue.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My cousin got married at BMH in may of 2009, I was only 18 but I knew thats where I was going to get married as soon as I saw the property.
When I got engaged in July 2012 I immediately contacted BMH to book my day. Everything went amazing, and it was a beautiful day that could not have gone better!
Wedding: 06/22/2013

Gigi 1 Reviews
We just loved Brandywine Manor House! This was our first wedding. This is written from a "Mother of the Bride" perspective! Nancy and her family provided an excellent service and venue for our daughter's wedding! We loved the "Family" element and attitude of Brandywine Manor House. We were so very happy with the information and help Nancy provided us from the very begining! She is honest and professional. The week of our wedding event Nancy wa in contact with us often. She was asking us what we needed from her, reminding us of last minute details we may have forgotten otherwise. She was there on the day of the wedding checking in and making sure everything was in place and all other vendors had what they needed. She also took pictures! :) LOVED THEM!!! The Venue we saw grow more beautiful throughout the year of planning the wedding day events. The wedding sites are constantly being monitored and groomed. We picked "The Grove" with the waterfall. Such a romantic area. Out of the Sun and cool in June! The flowers that are in bloom around the facility in June made it easy for our florist, and easy on our wallet! :) The area is beautiful - Have I said that already?!?!? ") The web site and blogs were helpful for ideas and answered questions for us newbies. We have two more daughters and know that there will be a repeat event at Brandywine Manor House in our future!
Brandywine Manor House responded with the following comments:
Gigi - Thank you for the wonderful review! It was such a pleasure to meet you and your family and be a part of your day! Hope the honeymooners are having a great time and you have had some time to relax as well! Please tell them to come back and visit. . . it is always memorable to visit and "walk the wedding walk". . . and it is always fun for me to see couples who have married here in the past! Have a great summer! :-) - Nancy
Wedding: 06/22/2013

Joann 1 Reviews
The wedding on Saturday was amazing. I cannot begin to tell you how many people were in awe of BMH. They used words like magical, amazing, breathtaking, and like a fairy tale. Having the ceremony in the barn was so very quaint and beautiful. With all the rain surrounding the weekend, the weather on Saturday could not have been more perfect for the cocktail hour and reception. People are still sending me emails about the fabulous time they had and how very special the evening was. Deb from Perfect Setting was absolutely amazing – she was hands on every step of the way and could not have been more thorough and efficient in making certain everything went smoothly.

Truly, truly a wonderful experience and one that we will be talking about forever.
Wedding: 06/08/2013
 610-942-2200
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire