Bound By | Amelia Strauss
Dramatic. Raw. Emotional. Fine Art Photography.
Los Angeles, CA 90039

Value:
Flexibility:

Sort By:

• Flexibility:  5.0
The record of wonderful reviews of Amelia and Graham, raving about their work stands in stark contrast to the previous review. All the other reviewers are crazy or the lone detractor is. The last "anonymous" reviewer is obviously a person with severe personal problem and a hidden agenda.
Wedding: 09/01/2012

tala 1 Reviews
Hands down! Amelia is an amazzzzzzzzing photographer! Such beautiful work! I felt so comfortable with her, she makes you laugh, spends time to get to know you and your partner (who ever she's shooting) to capture the right image that is truly all about you during your wedding. Ahe's got an amazing eye and very creative with how she shoots! I'd love to link my pictures here for you to see but i don't know how! Talking about flexibility, she and her assistant Darri (who was sweet as can be) flew from California to France to shoot my small intimate wedding, at Chateau Forge Du Roy. Can it get anymore flexible!? I see a lot of photographers work through my blog www.BathingNews.com, and I'll tell you, she does beautiful editorial work. I definitely recommend Amelia Strauss (Bound By Photography) to shoot anything you need (a wedding event, fashion shoot etc...). I'm 100% satisfied!
Wedding: 07/25/2012
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  0.0
  • Responsiveness:  1.0
  • Professionalism:  0.0
  • Value:  0.0
  • Flexibility:  1.0

Anonymous 1 Reviews
They showed up over an hour late and then tried to go to lunch after taking 3 or 4 pictures. They half-assed all the portraits and ignored the detailed Must Have list I provided. I tried to keep control of the situation, but still ended up without a single picture of the groom and best man.

They disappeared for an hour of the reception and Amelia was wildly unprofessional. She made quite a scene, and all the guests were talking about her behavior the next day.

They were very expensive, very unprofessional and I cried for 3 straight days when I saw our pictures. They were utterly disappointing, and wedding pictures are something you can never fix or get back.

4 months later, I am still trying to chase them down for a tracking number or any information about our wedding album, which was allegedly ordered on September 12th.

DO NOT HIRE THEM!!!!

Wedding: 1+ year ago

Collie 1 Reviews
Amelia and Graham were incredible creative photographers. Their photography is quite superior to any other typical wedding photographers or "journelist style" photographers because their strong sense of fashion, willingness to take risks, and dedication to also capture those beautiful family portraits! They were complete with a sheet to protect my beautiful white dress so I was never worried and trusted them completely! I cannot tell you how many compliments I have received on our photos! Our midnight shoot was such a fantasy and by far my favorite shots! Their photo blog and website speaks for itself not too mention their incredibly fun personalities!
Wedding: 06/16/2012

Jenny 1 Reviews
Amelia & Graham (who together make up Bound By photography) were absolutely amazing! We used them for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and simply cannot recommend them enough! They have a very artsy but classic feel to their photos, that fit our style perfectly, but will also keep our photos timeless throughout the years (unlike many too trendy photographers these days).

The two women have such a fantastic energy and bubbly effervescence that you can't help but smile around them! Such a great quality for a photographer! And that quality is contagious, without a doubt helping you/your groom look happy/relaxed in your photos (especially if you are like me and get nervous for things like taking the most important pictures of your life!)!

Amelia and Graham are both so easy to talk to and truly do make you feel more relaxed throughout the craziness that is your wedding day.

We absolutely love all our photos and feel our special day was perfectly encapsulated for us to remember forever! We have already recommended Bound By to anyone who gets engaged, declaring "they simply must use them!!"
Wedding: 05/12/2012
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Booking with Bound By was the absolute best investment we made in our wedding! Amelia and Graham (Bound By) are absolutely amazing!! I spoke with Amelia several times before booking and she was always excited to talk to me and you could tell she genuinely cared about me and my wedding, which I loved! Bound By's portfolio speaks for itself but Graham and Amelia's personality just adds to the phenomenal photography that is Bound By.

The day of, they put every one at ease and just added energy to the day that wouldn't have been there had we gone with another photographer. Even my now husband, who is not really a fan of taking pictures said that taking pictures with the two was one of the best part of his day. They literally bring out the best in their clients and capture moments that completely describe the emotion of the day. They COMPLETELY got us and our relationship. Can not thank them enough, not just for the fabulous pictures, but for all that they added to our day!
Wedding: 03/09/2012
4.8/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
There are few photographers out there who provide that perfect balance of professionalism and creativity, while exuding an overall great personality and positive attitude. Amelia Strauss of Bound By is a perfect example of this rare breed of photographers. I had watched her work for years and admired everything she had done, from editorial to weddings. It never crossed my mind that I would not only walk away with the most beautiful pictures from my wedding, but a really great friend. Amelia and Graham captured the exact look I was going for and gave it their own special spin. They listened to what I wanted and had the creative vision and just-do attitude to make it happen. Both were worth every penny and I advise future brides to really think about using Bound By. These ladies are extraordinary and you won't regret working with them.
Wedding: 11/12/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My daughter was very particular about her wedding photographer and researched many professional photographers before she found Amelia. Amelia and Graham were outstanding in that they were able to capture the full emotions of the bride and groom as well as their family members and guests. It was very important to my daughter that the pictures were not just the traditional ones but also ones that would preserve her memories and the fun she and her guests had on her wedding day. Not only did they meet all of our expectations, they were fun and engaging which put everyone at ease. As a result, we have beautiful pictures of our family and friends with lots of wonderful memories to cherish. I hope that we have the opportunity to use them again. You will not be disappointed.
Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
When my husband and I started planning our wedding one of the main aspects that I put a lot of time and effort into was finding our photographer. From the moment I spoke on the phone with Amelia I felt confident and excited to work with Bound By. Through their amazing talents, Amelia and Graham have given us images that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. They were able captured every emotion of our special day and our personality in a way that I didn't think was possible. Their artistic eye along with their laid-back, fun and engaging personalities helped create timeless photos. We have received more compliments on our pictures and Amelia/Graham than one could imagine and would be grateful if ever we had the opportunity to work with them again! Oh, and we also were seeing imagines the very next morning after our wedding which was so fun for us and a huge added bonus!!
Wedding: 11/05/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
After a fairly unpleasant experience with a photographer we had previously hired to shoot our wedding, we were lucky enough to be able to hire Amelia and Graham about six weeks prior to our wedding. We are so glad we made the change. From our first meeting, we felt at ease. Their work was amazing. They are truly artists, and will not leave you with the standard wedding photography that you see from so many wedding photographers. Plus, they are incredibly professional and fun to be around. Instead of our photographers feeling obtrusive, they felt like they were part of our wedding. So many of our guests commented on how great that was, and how much fun they were. We got back our photos so quickly, and could not be happier. And as much as we love them, we're finding most of our relatives and friends are amazed by them too. Some of them look like they came out of a magazine. If having truly amazing photography is important to you, I highly recommend Bound By, with Amelia Strauss and Graham Yelton.
Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
amelia and graham (of boundby) were awesome – we couldn’t have asked for a better pair. We were planning a long distance wedding in California (from ny) so was not able to meet with many of the vendors until right before the wedding. Amelia and graham met my husband and i the night before the wedding to discuss the day of run down. They have an easy-going, fun but professional style that makes you (and anyone else in front of the camera) at ease. They took some great shots all day/night of the wedding, became best buds w/ my bridesmaids in the process, AND suggested getting up early the next morning to take some really great morning shots in the mountains/valleys of napa (some of which are my fav from the wedding). They are incredibly dedicated, hardworking, and have a killer eye for great pictures. You will not be disappointed…and you’ll have a blast while doing it. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride and groom looking for amazing pictures to remember their wedding day.
Wedding: 08/13/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I LOVED LOVED LOVED having Amelia Strauss shoot my wedding. Literally, her personality and vision for the photography package added to the loveliness of the day. Her playful personality may not strike you as belonging to someone with entrepreneurial grit and determination, but I can assure that the professionalism and skill she brings to the table are sharp and above the curve. She worked to figure out what would jive with the day's events and how she could fit in there, she communicated quickly and thoroughly - and she even sought to memorize all the wedding party's name before she met them! Her work speaks for itself, just check out her site and you'll be obsessed. Literally, I met a friend when Amelia shot my wedding, and now I have pictures that are all works of art that I will have for a lifetime.
Wedding: 06/11/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Amelia was the best choice that I made in the entire wedding planning process. Choosing a photographer was very important to me and I appreciated how Amelia not only treated me like a client, but also as a friend. She listened to what type of photos I wanted, made sure I always looked my best and did an awesome job of corraling my large family for pictures.
Wedding: 06/04/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amelia was a pleasure to work with. She helped put all of my wedding party at ease, and managed to capture moments that truly reflect the love and excitement that was felt all during the wedding weekend. She pushed us to try different things, and I am so glad that she did! Her pictures are unique, never cookie cutter and that really made me happy that I choose her to be our wedding photographer.

Also on a side note, I was shocked and excited by how quickly the pics came back after the wedding. A nice bonus :)
Wedding: 03/26/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I could not be more pleased with the quality of Amelia's work. Wow! The pictures are unblievable. She takes great care in knowing her bride and groom and the things that are important to them. On top of that -- Amelia is an absolute blast. I couldn't think of a better person to be with me for every detail of one of the most important days of my life. I love her!
Wedding: 12/18/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Amelia was absolutely fantastic at our wedding. She is not only a great photographer with a creative eye, but friendly, and full of energy. On our wedding day, she put in no less than a 15 hour day, showing up at 9:30 a.m. as I got readying and leaving at about 1:30 a.m. She is a treat to work with and makes the entire process easy and enjoyable!
Wedding: 10/04/2010
 310-955-7876
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire