Boston Harbor Hotel

Value
Flexibility
Sue
06/27/2014

A wonderful venue,very accomodating to all our needs Never had to worry Amazing service

Tracey
05/10/2014

How can one person get so lucky as to have not only a wondeful venue but also the unparalleled support of Boston Harbor Hotel's Michael Boivin in the process. Michael was an amazing partner in planning an event that surpassed my (already high) expectations, and the hotel -- from the service to the food and beyond -- was outstanding. We chose the Wharf Room for our wedding reception in May 2014. The setting was beautiful and a blank canvas for our personal style, and the service and attention to detail from the staff was impeccable. We loved every moment of it.

Gina
01/11/2014

The most beautiful place to have a wedding. Views of the harbor were breathtaking. Service was impeccable.

Tracey
10/13/2013

The Boston Harbor Hotel far exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding day. We worked with Michael Boivin and throughout the entire process, Michael was friendly, fun, responsive, organized and just great to work with. He understood what we wanted and offered expert advice and guidance when asked. He also kept us laughing throughout the entire process :) From the moment we stepped through the doors, every last detail was taken care of and done with such graciousness and elegance. The attention to detail, execution and service from Michael and the entire BHH staff was impeccable and beyond compare. They anticipated needs we did not even know we had, and did it all with a smile! Furthermore, the food was amazing. We are self proclaimed "foodies" and were definitely not disappointed....nor were our guests who commented on how delicious everything was! We are still grinning ear to ear from the entire weekend and are so, so grateful to Michael and the BHH staff for making our wedding truly spectacular!

Private User
1+ year ago

How do you not give the BHH 5 stars? This is absolutely a dream venue for a fairy-tale wedding. Working with Michael put a smile on my face from planning to the party - such a warm, smart, witty, talented person that you want by your side to guide you through the ups and downs of the wedding journey! While professionalism and service are something you may come to expect at the BHH, EVERYONE there somehow finds a way to surpass your expectations. From housekeeping, to valet, to the bellmen, to the sales and catering team, to front desk, etc. it's A++ service. When my grandfather was really having a hard time at the reception - they found him earplugs that made the world of a difference in his night. When my dad's tux lost a button, they sewed on a new one. When my sister gave her toast and forgot a beverage, they handed her one to toast after her speech. Those are the little touches that above and beyond the perfect set-up, coordination with vendors, yummy and perfectly cooked food, that really make you feel extra special. I could go on and on. If you're lucky enough like I was to have your wedding here, you'll be SO happy you did. Plus, you can't beat the pictures by the water and under the beautiful Rowes Wharf arch.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

BHH is amazing! A one stop shop for all wedding needs! Cortney is so accommodating and professional as well was her staff on the wedding day.

Dianna
07/11/2013

This past July I had my wedding reception at the Boston Harbor Hotel. The hotel did such a wonderful job and working with Michael Bovin was a grand experience. The hotel was top notch and very professional but also very personal. It is a beautiful place for a wedding and or reception.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our daughter's wedding at the Boston Harbor Hotel this past March. We worked with Michael Boivin and he was absolutely wonderful He put us at ease immediately. Michael is a very warm,kind and professional person. Not only was the view spectacular, but the food and service was outstanding. The entire staff shared our excitement. Michael also planned our brunch on Sunday morning, which was the finishing touch to a magical week-end. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

This is the only 5-star hotel in Boston. Their service is flawless. Cortney, their coordinator, helped us with every single detail throughout the process, always with a smile and lots of knowledge. She's the best in the business, in my opinion. We miss working with her! We hope to stop in and say hi whenever we're at the hotel, which is pretty frequently as it's my parents favorite place to stay.

Food was unbelievable (best they've ever had, according to many guests). BHH made my wedding cake, which was a four-tiered white cake with roses on the top. It was lemon-poppyseed on two layers and sour cream chocolate with passionfruit mousse on two. Unreal!

The Four Seasons was our second choice and we were delighted we did not go there! BHH gives you three out of four windows facing the ocean...how cool is that?!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently got married at the Boston Harbor Hotel and can't say enough how incredibly pleased I was with the entire experience. I have to praise Cortney Gould for being the most professional, honest and helpful individuals I have ever met. I trusted her with any and every decision I needed to make for my wedding. She was so welcoming to my parents and me whenever we needed to visit the venue, and was very responsive to all of our email inquiries. I also worked closely with Marianne McKenna to secure the room block for my guests as well as the bridal suite. She, too, was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the process. Both women exhibited that personal touch that seems to be missing in the wedding industry. It was truly refreshing! On the day of my wedding, both Cortney and Marianne went above and beyond to ensure my wedding day was perfect. As luck would have it, it poured! That didn't stop them from getting soaked as they waited outside the hotel with umbrellas in their hands for my arrival. How they managed to deflect even a drop of rain from falling on me as I exited the trolley and entered the hotel is still a mystery. Well done ladies! As for the reception, the servers and bartenders were also incredibly professional and diligent. I felt that every single employee working that night made sure that the evening ran flawlessly! In addition to the service, the room really stole the show! Our reception was held in the Wharf Room, and I cannot tell you how many people at this wedding (and those who have just seen pictures online) have told me that this was the most beautiful wedding location they have ever seen. I couldn't agree more! I am highly recommending any Bride-To-Be to secure her wedding reception at the BHH. Their employees make you feel like a million bucks and really take care of you from start to finish. Thank you Cortney, Marianne and everyone at the hotel for making it a night my husband and I (and our guests!) will never forget!

Dianne
07/06/2012

We would like to highly recommend the Boston Harbor Hotel for a wedding venue. Our daughter recently had her ceremony and reception in the Wharf Room overlooking Boston Harbor (the cocktail reception was held in the Rotunda). The beautiful view and exceptional food and service made it a “wedding to remember” for all of us. We have received countless compliments from guests (many have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to!).

In terms of planning the wedding, Cortney Gould, Catering Sales Manager at the BHH, was outstanding. She is extremely professional and very warm-hearted. Her attention to detail, flexibility and excellent communication skills made the whole process run very smoothly. She returned emails promptly and met with us in person on a number of occasions. We feel very strongly that Cortney’s remarkable service was one of the main reasons that the wedding was such a huge success.

Marianne McKenna was another staff member who helped to make our experience such a positive one. She arranged the room block for our guests, and was very attentive whenever we had questions or concerns. The guest rooms were very clean and comfortable. Many guests commented on the superior beds.

We also want to mention the professionalism and friendliness of other staff members including the doormen (William is fantastic!), wait staff, front desk clerks and concierge. The hospitality we experienced was outstanding!

Anonymous
2+ years ago

We booked the Boston Harbor Hotel 1 1/2 years before our daughter's wedding; I would recommend beginning that early, because this venue is understandably in demand. What can I say-the entire experience was flawless. Our wedding coordinator, Cortney Gould, was top-notch; no request was ever too large, too small, too odd, too much trouble. Whenever I was nervous, she calmed me down. She had vendor recommendations. She worked on budgets with us, and was flexible about menus, bar items, decor, you name it. Marianne McKenna, our room coordinator, was a huge help, as well. Everything at BHH was perfect: the decor, the food, the bar, the service, the rooms. The entire staff is unbelievably attentive. The food choices were varied and all of the food we selected was excellent. The service and advice that we received could not have been better. Highly recommended!

Private User
2+ years ago

Picking the Boston Harbor Hotel was one of the best decisions I made in the planning process. They truly made my dream wedding come true! From the doormen, to the waitstaff, to the catering manager, every staff member went above and beyond to guarantee guests enjoyed their time at the hotel. They know weddings, and it certainly shows with how smoothly the day went! Through out the entire process they were responsive to any questions or needs we had. In addition to exceptional service, the food was amazing, and the room was gorgeous. Guests raved to me about the hotel, and I agree! I simply cannot say enough good things about this venue!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Boston Harbor Hotel is 5 star, and it shows when they do weddings. We went with a ceremony at the Foster's Pavilion on the water, and a reception upstairs. Everything BHH provided (the space, the service, the food, and the cake) was simply top quality.

Our wedding coordinator was Cortney Gould, and she managed everything professionally.

A few words about what to expect when working with BHH: first, they do everything modularly - in other words, they don't box you in like some venues do. You can change any aspect of the wedding: the timing, the schedule, the food, whatever, and it doesn't affect anything else, you can even come up with your own ideas. This ends up being really nice, since it means you get the wedding you want, not the wedding that _X_ provides. Second, the food and drink are *amazing*, provided by the staff at Meritage, which is rightfully one of Boston's premiere restaurants. The food itself is done somewhat modularly, as well. You choose all sorts of dishes you like, and then decide whether you want them as appetizers, entrees, or whatever. Third: If your wedding is going to be reasonably large, then the price isn't outrageous, as you would first think when you look at holding a wedding at a venue such as BHH. This is because they don't charge for the venue. As long as you spend a certain amount (it varies by day of the week) on food, drink, and other services, there is no venue fee. If you're going to have enough guests that you expect to spend that much anyways, well there you go. Lastly: in the Greater Boston area, you just can't beat the space. I mean, Rowes Wharf? It's just beautiful. If you want an urban, on the water wedding, this is the place to go.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We worked with Michael Boivin who was an ANGEL to work with. Our personalities and styles matched up perfectly! Michael is one of the most meticulous human beings my husband and I have come in contact with (both professionally and personally) and we could NOT have asked for more in planning our special day. He was extremely patient to our demands and questions over the course of planning our wedding and the day went perfectly. We were able to relax and truly enjoy the day as Michael had fantastic relationships with all of our vendors and the communication was seamless the week leading up to the wedding. All we had to do was sit back, relax and look pretty (and smile, of course).

The entire staff at the BHH is warm, professional and very accomodating. All of our guests who stayed at the hotel were very pleased with the service and commented on how "classy" the hotel was. The actual venue goes without saying -- amazing views and just takes your (and your guests breath) away. The service is what is unmatched and some people underestimate the value of a venue's existing vendor relationships. We highly recommend this venue and do not regret our choice one bit! A++++

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I worked with Michael Bovin and he was an absolute dream. Everything went wonderfully, I did not have to think about a thing while I was there, my husband I were able to relax, enjoy ourselves, and we knew our guests were having a blast. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was warm and inviting (we were in the Atlantic Room- perfect for our 140 guests), and the staff created an elegent, but comfortable, reception. There is no other choice for a dream wedding in Boston.

Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning