Boston Harbor Hotel

(4.9/5.0)
Flexibility:

Sort By:

Gina 2 Reviews
The most beautiful place to have a wedding. Views of the harbor were breathtaking. Service was impeccable.
Wedding: 01/11/2014

Tracey 8 Reviews
The Boston Harbor Hotel far exceeded all of our expectations for our wedding day. We worked with Michael Boivin and throughout the entire process, Michael was friendly, fun, responsive, organized and just great to work with. He understood what we wanted and offered expert advice and guidance when asked. He also kept us laughing throughout the entire process :) From the moment we stepped through the doors, every last detail was taken care of and done with such graciousness and elegance. The attention to detail, execution and service from Michael and the entire BHH staff was impeccable and beyond compare. They anticipated needs we did not even know we had, and did it all with a smile! Furthermore, the food was amazing. We are self proclaimed "foodies" and were definitely not disappointed....nor were our guests who commented on how delicious everything was! We are still grinning ear to ear from the entire weekend and are so, so grateful to Michael and the BHH staff for making our wedding truly spectacular!
Wedding: 10/13/2013

Private User 3 Reviews
How do you not give the BHH 5 stars? This is absolutely a dream venue for a fairy-tale wedding. Working with Michael put a smile on my face from planning to the party - such a warm, smart, witty, talented person that you want by your side to guide you through the ups and downs of the wedding journey! While professionalism and service are something you may come to expect at the BHH, EVERYONE there somehow finds a way to surpass your expectations. From housekeeping, to valet, to the bellmen, to the sales and catering team, to front desk, etc. it's A++ service. When my grandfather was really having a hard time at the reception - they found him earplugs that made the world of a difference in his night. When my dad's tux lost a button, they sewed on a new one. When my sister gave her toast and forgot a beverage, they handed her one to toast after her speech. Those are the little touches that above and beyond the perfect set-up, coordination with vendors, yummy and perfectly cooked food, that really make you feel extra special. I could go on and on. If you're lucky enough like I was to have your wedding here, you'll be SO happy you did. Plus, you can't beat the pictures by the water and under the beautiful Rowes Wharf arch.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
BHH is amazing! A one stop shop for all wedding needs! Cortney is so accommodating and professional as well was her staff on the wedding day.
Wedding: 09/01/2013

Dianna 2 Reviews
This past July I had my wedding reception at the Boston Harbor Hotel. The hotel did such a wonderful job and working with Michael Bovin was a grand experience. The hotel was top notch and very professional but also very personal. It is a beautiful place for a wedding and or reception.
Wedding: 07/11/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We had our daughter's wedding at the Boston Harbor Hotel this past March. We worked with Michael Boivin and he was absolutely wonderful He put us at ease immediately. Michael is a very warm,kind and professional person. Not only was the view spectacular, but the food and service was outstanding. The entire staff shared our excitement. Michael also planned our brunch on Sunday morning, which was the finishing touch to a magical week-end. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!
Wedding: 03/23/2013

Anonymous 9 Reviews
This is the only 5-star hotel in Boston. Their service is flawless. Cortney, their coordinator, helped us with every single detail throughout the process, always with a smile and lots of knowledge. She's the best in the business, in my opinion. We miss working with her! We hope to stop in and say hi whenever we're at the hotel, which is pretty frequently as it's my parents favorite place to stay.

Food was unbelievable (best they've ever had, according to many guests). BHH made my wedding cake, which was a four-tiered white cake with roses on the top. It was lemon-poppyseed on two layers and sour cream chocolate with passionfruit mousse on two. Unreal!

The Four Seasons was our second choice and we were delighted we did not go there! BHH gives you three out of four windows facing the ocean...how cool is that?!
Wedding: 1+ year ago
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I recently got married at the Boston Harbor Hotel and can't say enough how incredibly pleased I was with the entire experience. I have to praise Cortney Gould for being the most professional, honest and helpful individuals I have ever met. I trusted her with any and every decision I needed to make for my wedding. She was so welcoming to my parents and me whenever we needed to visit the venue, and was very responsive to all of our email inquiries. I also worked closely with Marianne McKenna to secure the room block for my guests as well as the bridal suite. She, too, was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the process. Both women exhibited that personal touch that seems to be missing in the wedding industry. It was truly refreshing!
On the day of my wedding, both Cortney and Marianne went above and beyond to ensure my wedding day was perfect. As luck would have it, it poured! That didn't stop them from getting soaked as they waited outside the hotel with umbrellas in their hands for my arrival. How they managed to deflect even a drop of rain from falling on me as I exited the trolley and entered the hotel is still a mystery. Well done ladies! As for the reception, the servers and bartenders were also incredibly professional and diligent. I felt that every single employee working that night made sure that the evening ran flawlessly! In addition to the service, the room really stole the show! Our reception was held in the Wharf Room, and I cannot tell you how many people at this wedding (and those who have just seen pictures online) have told me that this was the most beautiful wedding location they have ever seen. I couldn't agree more!
I am highly recommending any Bride-To-Be to secure her wedding reception at the BHH. Their employees make you feel like a million bucks and really take care of you from start to finish. Thank you Cortney, Marianne and everyone at the hotel for making it a night my husband and I (and our guests!) will never forget!
Wedding: 08/10/2012

Dianne 3 Reviews
We would like to highly recommend the Boston Harbor Hotel for a wedding venue. Our daughter recently had her ceremony and reception in the Wharf Room overlooking Boston Harbor (the cocktail reception was held in the Rotunda). The beautiful view and exceptional food and service made it a “wedding to remember” for all of us. We have received countless compliments from guests (many have said it was the best wedding they have ever been to!).

In terms of planning the wedding, Cortney Gould, Catering Sales Manager at the BHH, was outstanding. She is extremely professional and very warm-hearted. Her attention to detail, flexibility and excellent communication skills made the whole process run very smoothly. She returned emails promptly and met with us in person on a number of occasions. We feel very strongly that Cortney’s remarkable service was one of the main reasons that the wedding was such a huge success.

Marianne McKenna was another staff member who helped to make our experience such a positive one. She arranged the room block for our guests, and was very attentive whenever we had questions or concerns. The guest rooms were very clean and comfortable. Many guests commented on the superior beds.

We also want to mention the professionalism and friendliness of other staff members including the doormen (William is fantastic!), wait staff, front desk clerks and concierge. The hospitality we experienced was outstanding!

Wedding: 07/06/2012

Anonymous 6 Reviews
We booked the Boston Harbor Hotel 1 1/2 years before our daughter's wedding; I would recommend beginning that early, because this venue is understandably in demand. What can I say-the entire experience was flawless. Our wedding coordinator, Cortney Gould, was top-notch; no request was ever too large, too small, too odd, too much trouble. Whenever I was nervous, she calmed me down. She had vendor recommendations. She worked on budgets with us, and was flexible about menus, bar items, decor, you name it. Marianne McKenna, our room coordinator, was a huge help, as well. Everything at BHH was perfect: the decor, the food, the bar, the service, the rooms. The entire staff is unbelievably attentive. The food choices were varied and all of the food we selected was excellent. The service and advice that we received could not have been better. Highly recommended!
Wedding: 2+ years ago

Private User 5 Reviews
Picking the Boston Harbor Hotel was one of the best decisions I made in the planning process. They truly made my dream wedding come true! From the doormen, to the waitstaff, to the catering manager, every staff member went above and beyond to guarantee guests enjoyed their time at the hotel. They know weddings, and it certainly shows with how smoothly the day went! Through out the entire process they were responsive to any questions or needs we had. In addition to exceptional service, the food was amazing, and the room was gorgeous. Guests raved to me about the hotel, and I agree! I simply cannot say enough good things about this venue!
Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
They were so helpful from beginning to end. The setting was perfect. We got married in the Pavillion right on the water. Not many places can offer that. The light from the sun was phenomenal, the view of sailboats in the background amazing. Then we had the reception upstairs. Everything went smoothly. Attentive and courteous help all day. We asked for a a lot of fruit in the dessert buffet, and we got a TON. Everyone said it was a very classy place to get married. It was not the cheapest venue, but also not the most expensive by far. It was worth every penny.
Wedding: 10/16/2011
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Value:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I worked with Cortney, the catering manager, and she was perfect! The planning for the entire event went very smoothly. Cortney responded promptly to all my requests, was very thorough in meetings and communications, was very flexible with the menu and helpful with selections, and handled the arranging of the venue and coordination with my other vendors. She was very clear about all the pricing, and provided a detailed, readable banquet order so that we knew what to expect. She also easily put us in touch with other people in the hotel, such as the woman we booked our block of rooms with.

The venue was gorgeous - the Boston Harbor Hotel provides standard chairs, table linens and buffet table/bar linens, and the whole thing looked very classy and beautiful. The staff was very professional, and everyone complimented the food and drinks. The staff even made sure to put some hor d'oevres and cake aside especially for me and my husband so that we wouldn't miss out on trying them. Everything was taken care of for us and we didn't have to worry. During the day-of room set-up and the event itself, the banquet coordinator was very responsive to our requests, understanding of the time table of the ceremony/reception and very professional.

My one gripe was that, during the reception, they asked us what we wanted done with the leftover cake, fruit and other stationary displays of food. We requested that it all be packaged up and sent up to our room, which they assured us it would be. We never ended up receiving it. I later found out that it had been sent to In-Room Dining to hold until our departure, but that hadn't been communicated. Will keep in mind for the future. It wasn't that big of a deal, but I would've especially liked the cake since I paid for it through a separate bakery and there was a decent amount of it left.
Wedding: 10/02/2011
Services Used: Catering, Wedding Planning, Ceremony & Reception Venue
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Boston Harbor Hotel is 5 star, and it shows when they do weddings. We went with a ceremony at the Foster's Pavilion on the water, and a reception upstairs. Everything BHH provided (the space, the service, the food, and the cake) was simply top quality.

Our wedding coordinator was Cortney Gould, and she managed everything professionally.

A few words about what to expect when working with BHH: first, they do everything modularly - in other words, they don't box you in like some venues do. You can change any aspect of the wedding: the timing, the schedule, the food, whatever, and it doesn't affect anything else, you can even come up with your own ideas. This ends up being really nice, since it means you get the wedding you want, not the wedding that _X_ provides. Second, the food and drink are *amazing*, provided by the staff at Meritage, which is rightfully one of Boston's premiere restaurants. The food itself is done somewhat modularly, as well. You choose all sorts of dishes you like, and then decide whether you want them as appetizers, entrees, or whatever. Third: If your wedding is going to be reasonably large, then the price isn't outrageous, as you would first think when you look at holding a wedding at a venue such as BHH. This is because they don't charge for the venue. As long as you spend a certain amount (it varies by day of the week) on food, drink, and other services, there is no venue fee. If you're going to have enough guests that you expect to spend that much anyways, well there you go. Lastly: in the Greater Boston area, you just can't beat the space. I mean, Rowes Wharf? It's just beautiful. If you want an urban, on the water wedding, this is the place to go.
Wedding: 08/16/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  3.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
The Harbor Hotel is one of the premiere wedding locations in Boston. The hotel is the only harbor side hotel with sweeping views of the Boston harbor.

The bottom line:

Staff - is very friendly and professional. Everyone who you have contact with at the hotel, from the receptionist to your event coordinator, has a certain demure professionalism that you would expect from any five start hotel. My initial coordinator had to leave a couple of months before my wedding for personal reasons and my new coordinator, who is the head of catering, was a pleasure to work with and really catered to my family's needs throughout the process and certainly during my wedding weekend.

Food - Every guest complimented on the quality and amount of food we had served during cocktails, dinner and late night. The presentation, taste and quality of the food was amazing and better than I had expected. We were able to personalize our menu to the specific food choices my fiance and I wanted. I have attended several corporate events at the hotel where the food was just mediocre but during my tasting and the actual wedding I was more than happy with everything. My only issue with the food was that I had been told that the cake came with our catering package but was told during the tasting that the cake I had chosen was too elaborate and that even their most simple cake would cost me at least $9.00 a per person which for 200 people turns out to be $1800!! The cake at the tasting was nothing to write home about either and I ended up getting my cake from Konditor which worked out wonderful.

Venue - I had my cocktail and reception at the Harbor hotel and I could not have asked for a more romantic and regal location. I have lived in Boston for over 12 years and having looked at other venues including the Four Seasons and the Intercontinental, which are both beautiful venues, I was happy with my decision in the end to go with the Harbor Hotel. My guests, the majority of whom were from out of town, got to experience what I feel was an authentic Boston/New England wedding and have not stopped complimenting us on everything. Kudos to everyone at the Harbor Hotel for making this truly a very special day for my husband and I, our families and friends.

Wedding: 06/13/2009
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We worked with Michael Boivin who was an ANGEL to work with. Our personalities and styles matched up perfectly! Michael is one of the most meticulous human beings my husband and I have come in contact with (both professionally and personally) and we could NOT have asked for more in planning our special day. He was extremely patient to our demands and questions over the course of planning our wedding and the day went perfectly. We were able to relax and truly enjoy the day as Michael had fantastic relationships with all of our vendors and the communication was seamless the week leading up to the wedding. All we had to do was sit back, relax and look pretty (and smile, of course).

The entire staff at the BHH is warm, professional and very accomodating. All of our guests who stayed at the hotel were very pleased with the service and commented on how "classy" the hotel was. The actual venue goes without saying -- amazing views and just takes your (and your guests breath) away. The service is what is unmatched and some people underestimate the value of a venue's existing vendor relationships. We highly recommend this venue and do not regret our choice one bit! A++++
Wedding: 05/02/2009
Services Used: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
 617-439-7000
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire